Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. John's IceCaps 2012-13 - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2013, 12:23 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 500
Just checked Cap Geek and it seems Chevy and Zinger stepped up with some cash on their recent free agent signings for the Ice Caps

Samsome is on a two way contract but gets a min 200 k on the rock

Gordon is on a two way as well but his min salary is $350 k

I guess Zinger was not kidding when he said the icecaps performance and not making the playoffs was not acceptable...........

Old
07-08-2013, 12:27 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Do any ice caps fans here think O'Dell is ready for the big show? He is subject to waivers this year.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:30 PM
IceCapsFanNL

Work ethic is there, plays all out all over the ice, good hands. Just not sure it translates at the NHL level. I'd say 50-50.

Old
07-16-2013, 01:58 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

@JimTothCJOB 13s
#IceCaps sign 4 players #Thrashers draft picks Yasin Cisse, Will O'Neill as well as Blair Riley & Ryan Schnell @680CJOB #NHLJets

Looks like O`Neill is returning... but under AHL and not NHL contract.

Old
07-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Of minor interest, although O'Neill is now a UFA in terms of NHL, the Jets hold the rights to RW Yasin Cisse for another season yet. His rights do not expire until June 1, 2014.

No Vinny Saponari is interesting. His rights expire on August 15th, 2013. Wonder if the Jets plan to sign him?

Old
07-16-2013, 02:31 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Jaffray, Mouillierat, Lunden, Lowry, Klingberg, Cormier, Lipon, Brassard, Cisse, Samson, Gordon, Albert, Riley, Schnell

Add the possibility of Saponari, Touissant, Telegin, and maybe one of O`Dell, Halischuk, Thorburn, Wright, Tangradi, and Scheifele...

Something tells me some of these players are going to be playing in the ECHL.

Hmmmm:
Andrew Gordon, Winger, Shoots Right
Jerome Samson, Winger, Shoots Right
Yasin Cisse, Winger, Shoots Right
Vinny Saponari, Winger, Shoots Right*
Austen Brassard, Winger, Shoots Right
Blair Riley, Winger, Shoots Right
Carl Klingberg, Winger, Shoots Right

Interestingly enough Klingberg is the only guy who has played a full season for Caps before, and he tends to play on his offwing.
The whole right side looks to be revamped.

*Saponari isn't signed but may be

Last edited by garret9: 07-16-2013 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Touissant isn't signed yet
Old
07-16-2013, 02:45 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Of minor interest, although O'Neill is now a UFA in terms of NHL, the Jets hold the rights to RW Yasin Cisse for another season yet. His rights do not expire until June 1, 2014.

No Vinny Saponari is interesting. His rights expire on August 15th, 2013. Wonder if the Jets plan to sign him?
Do they have room for him at this point?

Jaffray-Mouillierat-Lunden
Telegin-Lowry-Samson
Gordon-Cormier-Lipon
Klingberg-?-Brassard

Melchiori-Ramsey
Chairot-Kichton
O'Neill-Sol

Pasquale
Olkinuora

Riley-Schnell-Cisse <What do these guys add? They are likely no better than 4th liners.

Not much room for Touissant or Saponari at this point.

Not to mention the Jets overload of tweeners...

Tangradi, Wright, Thorburn, Peluso, O'Dell and Halischuck are likely battling over 4 roster spots so two of them are likely to head back down.

Old
07-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post

Telegin-Lowry-Samson
Gordon-Cormier-Lipon
Klingberg-?-Brassard

Melchiori-Ramsey
Chairot-Kichton
O'Neill-Sol

Pasquale
Olkinuora

Riley-Schnell-Cisse <What do these guys add? They are likely no better than 4th liners.

Tangradi, Wright, Thorburn, Peluso, O'Dell and Halischuck are likely battling over 4 roster spots so two of them are likely to head back down.
Not even to mention Scheifele/Trouba if the team decides they're not ready for NHL play.

Old
07-16-2013, 03:06 PM
trouty

Touissant thought he was a free agent,i know he was looking for a contract but ive not heard he signed a ahl contract Id sooner have Touissant then some the roster,adds the pest role we been missing

Old
07-16-2013, 03:10 PM
trouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post

Telegin-Lowry-Samson
Gordon-Cormier-Lipon
Klingberg-?-Brassard

Melchiori-Ramsey
Chairot-Kichton
O'Neill-Sol

Pasquale
Olkinuora

Id sooner Riley-Schnell and Cisse over Klingberg,least they will add something,Klingberg adds zero,i kinda hope hes left in Sweden,nice guy but not built for here,either or this will be his last year and he will be done

O Neil is a waste signing,i kinda hope he finds the ECHL,liability on d and cost the Icecaps big.Im sure this year will be his last shot,Id rather Sol get a bigger opportunity,has size needs strenght

Old
07-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
Id sooner Riley-Schnell and Cisse over Klingberg,least they will add something,Klingberg adds zero,i kinda hope hes left in Sweden,nice guy but not built for here,either or this will be his last year and he will be done

O Neil is a waste signing,i kinda hope he finds the ECHL,liability on d and cost the Icecaps big.Im sure this year will be his last shot,Id rather Sol get a bigger opportunity,has size needs strenght
That's only because you haven't seen Cisse. Guy struggled to produce as an overager in QMJHL. I have no hope whatsoever, I'd be shocked if he was an AHL regular this season.

Klingberg will get one last chance. He has good hands and size. He should be motivated this season, it's likely his last kick at the can on this side of the Atlantic if he doesn't produce. Could see him having a solid season.

Old
07-16-2013, 03:32 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
Touissant thought he was a free agent,i know he was looking for a contract but ive not heard he signed a ahl contract Id sooner have Touissant then some the roster,adds the pest role we been missing
I think you are right, but I thought he'd be in the mix.

Doesn't look like there is room.

Old
07-16-2013, 05:02 PM
trouty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
That's only because you haven't seen Cisse. Guy struggled to produce as an overager in QMJHL. I have no hope whatsoever, I'd be shocked if he was an AHL regular this season.

Klingberg will get one last chance. He has good hands and size. He should be motivated this season, it's likely his last kick at the can on this side of the Atlantic if he doesn't produce. Could see him having a solid season.
I agree with Cisse i have not seen him play,but i meant id rather have Schnell in then Klingberg.Ive watched Klingberg for 2 years here,and hes getting worse,same tendensies starts off fast then stops playiong for half the season.I haD YOUr optimism last year with Klingberg i watched him in preseason tear apart the Crunch a team,hitting and he basically went end to end undressing guys,and i was like this will be Klingbergs year.He then took a hit and cowarded the rest of the season not battling for puck.I predict he will be a heathy scratch most this season with the good core of kids you got coming

Old
07-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Canadienjet

I have zero hope or expectation for Klingberg.This will be his final year here.

I'm thinking Cisse,Brassard,Schnell may be sent to the ECHL.

Tad concerned with the goaltending.Eddie needs a bounce back year.

Old
07-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Newfy IceCapd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post

Agreed, Eddie has to be top notch every game he plays. As for Klingberg, guy can't finish at all and hes soft as butter. Great guy off ice but he's not a NHL player. Interesting article in the paper about Samson, Gordon and Halischuk. One if not two of these guys are going to be down here. Getting excited about the upcoming season

Old
07-17-2013, 10:15 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post

If not Eddie, Juho. Hopefully one of them can play lights out this year, don't care which one.

Both would be better.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:21 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Mark Mossison the assistant coach with the Ice Caps and he has been running allot of the drills on the ice at the prospects camp and was on the Morning show today for about 10 minutes.

Some highlights of his conversation were when asked about how the camp is going he said in the 3 seasons he has been doing it there is a noticeable improvement this year in the talent level (I 100% agree with this).

The boys asked him who has changed the most from last year and he said Chiarot and Melchiori from the Ice caps and Scheif and Trouba all stand out to him.

Mark said overall the skill level is much higher in general and he also said the depth is much better and he said selfishly it means they will benefit in St John's and he sounded pretty pumped.

He couldn't comment allot on the goaltending because he said he is focused on the drills but did say he liked what he saw out of Olkinuora and said he kept an eye on him because he played for the Caps last year.

Troy asked him about Sol and Mark said he is a great kid to work with and busts his a55 (as an aside I thought he struggled yesterday)

Old
07-17-2013, 01:18 PM
trouty

Sol does bust his butt,how he turns out is a hard one,i was hoping he added strenght in the offseason as he got pushed down to easy last year,for a kid that big

Old
07-18-2013, 12:27 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Is there any room for Redmond in St. Johns? He is waiver exempt for one more year or 38 NHL games.

Old
07-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Is there any room for Redmond in St. Johns? He is waiver exempt for one more year or 38 NHL games.
There is tons of room. They really need more d-men who can provide offense.

Redmond would easily be the best all around defensemen on the team.

Old
07-18-2013, 03:22 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Is he waiver exempt for 38 games???? Is this due to the lockout and that he was waiver exempt last year?????? Can someone confirm this, as this is the 1st I heard of this.If true this would temp. ease our logjam at right D at the begginning of the year .

Old
07-18-2013, 03:33 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Is he waiver exempt for 38 games???? Is this due to the lockout and that he was waiver exempt last year?????? Can someone confirm this, as this is the 1st I heard of this.If true this would temp. ease our logjam at right D at the begginning of the year .
Dean, I'm thoroughly disappointed with the lack of "....." in this post. Initially it bothered me, but now its your calling card! I enjoy your posts and if I see "...." I'll without fail stop and read.

Old
07-18-2013, 04:02 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Dean, I'm thoroughly disappointed with the lack of "....." in this post. Initially it bothered me, but now its your calling card! I enjoy your posts and if I see "...." I'll without fail stop and read.

Thanks Silver......... The "..........." is used as a dramatic pause for............ (wait for it)..............my next "LEGEN - DAIRY" thought........

Last edited by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17: 07-18-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old
07-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Newfy IceCapd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
There is tons of room. They really need more d-men who can provide offense.

Redmond would easily be the best all around defensemen on the team.
If Redmond needs to be in the A, well make room. Redmond was the most exciting player on the Ice Caps last year, our own version of Erik Karlsson. I agree with your statement that we need more PMD/Offence since Postma left. Point being, bring on Redmond

Old
07-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfy IceCapd View Post
If Redmond needs to be in the A, well make room. Redmond was the most exciting player on the Ice Caps last year, our own version of Erik Karlsson. I agree with your statement that we need more PMD/Offence since Postma left.
http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/1017

*hint hint*

Closed Thread