HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

St. John's IceCaps 2012-13 - Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2013, 05:17 PM
  #201
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,387
vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
O'Dell makes it 1-0 Ice Caps after 12 seconds quickest goal in franchise history

it's from Klingberg and Chiarot

Stream link, please?

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:22 PM
  #202
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,039
vCash: 50
A must-pay stream :/ sorry

Marlies are 2-1 ahead after back to back powerplay goals.

*edit*

Mouillerat get's a CRYSTAL CLEAR high stick in his face and gets called for interference instead.

Typical Ice Caps game this season after the first 10 minutes.


*edit2*

They take the call back ... interference against Marlies player. Well that's still wrong but at least he's got the team right.

*edit3*

SH goal for Marlies after an AWEFUL! giveaway from Telegin in the o-zone.

3-1 Marlies


That's it for me today I'm going to bed.

*edit4*

oh my god that's ugly.... O'Neill stumbles and falls down the ice and Marlies JUST miss on a 2on1 chance to make it 4-1


the icecaps radio guy sums it up nicely for the situation during the first timeout

"Do you see this? This will be a long, long 2nd half of the season for us."

Ice Caps still only have one shot in the first period (17 minutes into the game)


Last edited by GermanJetsFan: 01-12-2013 at 05:33 PM.
GermanJetsFan is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:25 PM
  #203
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,387
vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
A must-pay stream :/ sorry

Marlies are 2-1 ahead after back to back powerplay goals.
Thanks anyway!


Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 05:33 PM
  #204
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,758
vCash: 50
Wtf??

garret9 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:22 PM
  #205
Canadienjet
Registered User
 
Canadienjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Can we end the season?or develop a time machine to take us back to last October?


Last edited by Canadienjet: 01-12-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Canadienjet is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
  #206
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,029
vCash: 50
Moose use to be consistant......WTF is up with the Ice caps.

ps241 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
  #207
Canadienjet
Registered User
 
Canadienjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Moose use to be consistant......WTF is up with the Ice caps.
Me and 6,247 of us have no idea.Zinger needs to make changes this team has fallen off a cliff.

Canadienjet is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:46 PM
  #208
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,329
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Moose use to be consistant......WTF is up with the Ice caps.
The Caps didn't inherit the Moose though, they got the Wolves.

I think Zinger and co need some time to build an AHL org, it's only been 1 year.

Huffer is online now  
Old
01-12-2013, 08:52 PM
  #209
ps241
The Danish Dash!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,029
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
The Caps didn't inherit the Moose though, they got the Wolves.

I think Zinger and co need some time to build an AHL org, it's only been 1 year.
Fair point.....just tough though because they were really solid last year?

ps241 is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 11:07 PM
  #210
trouty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 543
vCash: 500
season ticket holder in St.John's and whati see from the Jets is BS cause if it was based on play Gagnon be relEASED AND Postma who cost the Ice cAPS MORE GAMES THEN HES WON be long buried.Thats the difference between real nhl clubs and the Jets believe me your a long way from building not alone winning a home game in St.jOHN'S,MIGHT start looking for a new city to put farm team,after this season i bet renewals be far fetched worst entertainment in 21 yrs yet i still go

trouty is offline  
Old
01-12-2013, 11:56 PM
  #211
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,332
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
season ticket holder in St.John's and whati see from the Jets is BS cause if it was based on play Gagnon be relEASED AND Postma who cost the Ice cAPS MORE GAMES THEN HES WON be long buried.Thats the difference between real nhl clubs and the Jets believe me your a long way from building not alone winning a home game in St.jOHN'S,MIGHT start looking for a new city to put farm team,after this season i bet renewals be far fetched worst entertainment in 21 yrs yet i still go
I understand you're upset, but you need to chill the **** out. Yes, the IcCaps are playing like glorified crap right now, but the Marlies are arguably the strongest team in the league. The team is more or less the same as it was last year, and in a league that is constantly in flux due to the NHL, that can be seen as a bad thing. Another thing, the Jets are only one year removed from Atlanta. Atlanta's mark is all over the farm club and the main club. It takes time to build a club identity.

In short, chill out.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:10 AM
  #212
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
season ticket holder in St.John's and whati see from the Jets is BS cause if it was based on play Gagnon be relEASED AND Postma who cost the Ice cAPS MORE GAMES THEN HES WON be long buried.Thats the difference between real nhl clubs and the Jets believe me your a long way from building not alone winning a home game in St.jOHN'S,MIGHT start looking for a new city to put farm team,after this season i bet renewals be far fetched worst entertainment in 21 yrs yet i still go
Gagnon cannot be released...you cannot simply release players in an NHL contract. From what I understand players have to accept an ECHL demotion, you cannot assign them there unilaterally like the AHL. Never the less, Gagnon is depth that is needed in St. John's right now.

Paul Postma may get flack for this defensive awareness, but the fact remains he was 2nd on the team in points. Not among defensemen, but 2nd overall. You need guys to put up offense from the bluelines. Regardless, you won't have to worry about him "losing games" for you anymore, he is up in Winnipeg to stay, at least for this season.

The team is not playing well...meh. Their job is to develop prospects, not win games. So long as a steady stream of players are coming to Winnipeg from the system, that's all they need to do. Winning games is not a priority, but a mere bonus. If that's not your cup of tea, you should probably find some other entertainment.

Team should improve at least somewhat next year with some new talent coming in, if that's any consolation. But at the same time I am hoping they won't knee jerk and bring in AHL veterans to push quality prospects out of the way. I want what Manchester is, filled with NHL potential playing key roles while being moderately successful. Hopefully we see it in St. John's in 2-3 years.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:12 AM
  #213
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
I understand you're upset, but you need to chill the **** out. Yes, the IcCaps are playing like glorified crap right now, but the Marlies are arguably the strongest team in the league. The team is more or less the same as it was last year, and in a league that is constantly in flux due to the NHL, that can be seen as a bad thing. Another thing, the Jets are only one year removed from Atlanta. Atlanta's mark is all over the farm club and the main club. It takes time to build a club identity.

In short, chill out.
Lowry, Sutter, Saponari and Yuen should add some punch. Not to mention the continued development of Sol, Melch, Telegin and O'Dell. TNSE is committed to building a strong AHL team too.

truck is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:15 AM
  #214
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,758
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
season ticket holder in St.John's and whati see from the Jets is BS cause if it was based on play Gagnon be relEASED AND Postma who cost the Ice cAPS MORE GAMES THEN HES WON be long buried.Thats the difference between real nhl clubs and the Jets believe me your a long way from building not alone winning a home game in St.jOHN'S,MIGHT start looking for a new city to put farm team,after this season i bet renewals be far fetched worst entertainment in 21 yrs yet i still go
Huh? I can't understand you...

Question... how many of those players on the IceCaps were drafted by TNSE???? hmmm?

garret9 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:24 AM
  #215
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Gagnon cannot be released...you cannot simply release players in an NHL contract. From what I understand players have to accept an ECHL demotion, you cannot assign them there unilaterally like the AHL. Never the less, Gagnon is depth that is needed in St. John's right now.

Paul Postma may get flack for this defensive awareness, but the fact remains he was 2nd on the team in points. Not among defensemen, but 2nd overall. You need guys to put up offense from the bluelines. Regardless, you won't have to worry about him "losing games" for you anymore, he is up in Winnipeg to stay, at least for this season.

The team is not playing well...meh. Their job is to develop prospects, not win games. So long as a steady stream of players are coming to Winnipeg from the system, that's all they need to do. Winning games is not a priority, but a mere bonus. If that's not your cup of tea, you should probably find some other entertainment.

Team should improve at least somewhat next year with some new talent coming in, if that's any consolation. But at the same time I am hoping they won't knee jerk and bring in AHL veterans to push quality prospects out of the way. I want what Manchester is, filled with NHL potential playing key roles while being moderately successful. Hopefully we see it in St. John's in 2-3 years.
They already have a solid group of veterans. The lack of talented youngsters is hurting them now.

Coach has them out chancing opponents in 2/3 of their games and their puck luck issue have been well documented. This is a down (unfortune) year, not an indication of what is to come.

truck is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 05:49 AM
  #216
Canadienjet
Registered User
 
Canadienjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Gagnon cannot be released...you cannot simply release players in an NHL contract. From what I understand players have to accept an ECHL demotion, you cannot assign them there unilaterally like the AHL. Never the less, Gagnon is depth that is needed in St. John's right now.

Paul Postma may get flack for this defensive awareness, but the fact remains he was 2nd on the team in points. Not among defensemen, but 2nd overall. You need guys to put up offense from the bluelines. Regardless, you won't have to worry about him "losing games" for you anymore, he is up in Winnipeg to stay, at least for this season.

The team is not playing well...meh. Their job is to develop prospects, not win games. So long as a steady stream of players are coming to Winnipeg from the system, that's all they need to do. Winning games is not a priority, but a mere bonus. If that's not your cup of tea, you should probably find some other entertainment.

Team should improve at least somewhat next year with some new talent coming in, if that's any consolation. But at the same time I am hoping they won't knee jerk and bring in AHL veterans to push quality prospects out of the way. I want what Manchester is, filled with NHL potential playing key roles while being moderately successful. Hopefully we see it in St. John's in 2-3 years.
It is beyond embrassing we have lost 7 in a row at home.Gagnon has been beyond terrible.

I get developing prospects but guys like O'Neill,Sol shouldn't be playing.They can't play at this level at least not right now.

I'm sorry if i want my team to win and not be embrassed every night .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42iiCcFbxE

Go explain that to the people at Mile One.No silver lining for this terrible season.Sell out streak is still in tact for now..

No excuses for no heart,compete etc.Rather develop prospects in a winning environment.


Last edited by Canadienjet: 01-13-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Canadienjet is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:50 AM
  #217
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Unfortunate timing of the Marlies games.

IceCaps might keep two points at home today, an early sunday game with the home side needing it much, much, more than the Marlies who are still rolling through the league.

Give the people of Mile One a win today.

MrMariusz is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 09:05 AM
  #218
Canadienjet
Registered User
 
Canadienjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
Unfortunate timing of the Marlies games.

IceCaps might keep two points at home today, an early sunday game with the home side needing it much, much, more than the Marlies who are still rolling through the league.

Give the people of Mile One a win today.
That's all I ask is for a win in general. Or we must lose all games in the name of "prospect development".

Canadienjet is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:31 AM
  #219
scelaton
Registered User
 
scelaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
The team is not playing well...meh. Their job is to develop prospects, not win games. So long as a steady stream of players are coming to Winnipeg from the system, that's all they need to do. Winning games is not a priority, but a mere bonus. If that's not your cup of tea, you should probably find some other entertainment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadienjet View Post

I'm sorry if i want my team to win and not be embrassed every night .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42iiCcFbxE

Go explain that to the people at Mile One.No silver lining for this terrible season.Sell out streak is still in tact for now..

No excuses for no heart,compete etc.Rather develop prospects in a winning environment.
I think Holden's comment was a bit harsh. After losing the Jets 1.0 for many years and inheriting the Moose, most of us understand the fine balance between supporting the parent NHL team and wanting a hard-hitting, talented and winning team locally. I am certain TNSE wants to build a winning affiliate in St Johns and is as surprised as the rest of us that the Caps have fallen off a cliff. Be patient and you will be rewarded (the Chipman motto).
We feel your pain and, hopefully, won't have to endure similar frustration in Wpg this season...but you never know.

scelaton is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
  #220
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Terrible start.

MrMariusz is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:57 AM
  #221
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,329
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
I think Holden's comment was a bit harsh. After losing the Jets 1.0 for many years and inheriting the Moose, most of us understand the fine balance between supporting the parent NHL team and wanting a hard-hitting, talented and winning team locally. I am certain TNSE wants to build a winning affiliate in St Johns and is as surprised as the rest of us that the Caps have fallen off a cliff. Be patient and you will be rewarded (the Chipman motto).
We feel your pain and, hopefully, won't have to endure similar frustration in Wpg this season...but you never know.
I agree Scelaton. Getting on TNSE or Zinger for lack of AHL success in year 2 seems ridiculous and childish. Especially when some people wanted to use some of the AHL moves to disparage TNSE as only caring about their AHL team. Which is it? TNSE is terrible because they only care about their AHL team, or they're terrible because they don't care at all? Jebus.

Give them time to actually build a team before complaining.

Huffer is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:58 AM
  #222
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
A PP goal!

MrMariusz is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
  #223
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌
 
Mathil8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 484
vCash: 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
A PP goal!
O'Dell has really turned it on. Striving to be the "guy" on the diminished line up.

Mathil8 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:36 PM
  #224
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathil8 View Post
O'Dell has really turned it on. Striving to be the "guy" on the diminished line up.
Good for him. Glad to see it.

truck is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
  #225
MrMariusz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Country: Belgium
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Please for the LOVE OF GOD, hold this lead.

MrMariusz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.