HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official-2013 World Juniors Thread - STARTS TODAY!

View Poll Results: Who's taking home gold
Canada 101 64.33%
USA 8 5.10%
Russia 22 14.01%
Finland 7 4.46%
Sweden 5 3.18%
Germany 1 0.64%
Switzerland 0 0%
Slovakia 1 0.64%
Czech Republic 0 0%
Latvia 12 7.64%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Tarus
#Craigsnotonit

vCash: 500
If there is one thing that riles up the media in Edmonton and incites their wrath, is players(and owners for that matter) refusing to talk to the media. As a collective group, they can be downright religious when it comes to their belief in their own importance in the scheme of things.

Of course, they are actually obsolete, irrelevant, and typically just regurgitate content from offical press releases.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
Yakupov has 5 points in 5 games, yet he's been ripped apart. Hasn't dominated the tourney, but far from awful. 5 games is a small window.
This Russian club is playing an absolutely awful system that is not geared towards scoring goals.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Mcworraps
McWonderful McSummer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
If there is one thing that riles up the media in Edmonton and incites their wrath, is players(and owners for that matter) refusing to talk to the media. As a collective group, they can be downright religious when it comes to their belief in their own importance in the scheme of things.

Of course, they are actually obsolete, irrelevant, and typically just regurgitate content from offical press releases.
It's amazing how entitled the hockey media feel at a time when people are only interested in their twitter accounts. Matheson is getting absolutely ripped for this tweet.

Ironically enough Nail is more likely to answer fans directly on twitter than almost any other athlete.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post

How many times has Horcoff snuck out the back door after a brutal loss?

I dont hear a peep from the media about that.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
@EJ_Oilers: Staples: Yakupov blasted repeatedly, labelled a "prima donna" after refusing to talk to media http://t.co/ddFAEX4c #nhl #oilers

Matheson
@NHLbyMatty: It's time for igor larionov to tell his client nail yakupov that wearing the C means you talk. Kid needs wake-up call
Hmm..and these media people are wondering why he doesn't wanna talk to them...

And what is he supposed to say about his lack of production anyway? "My head coach is an idiot"?

Old
01-02-2013, 02:09 PM
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!

Matheson needs a wake-up call. No one cares what you have to say or write anymore Jim.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:10 PM
McOkMcgoMcoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
This Russian club is playing an absolutely awful system that is not geared towards scoring goals.
I agree, they simply don't want to win by throwing out one great scoring line. THey want a balanced team that plays D. To get a point per game under that system is pretty dam impressive actually.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Matheson needs a wake-up call. No one cares what you have to say or write anymore Jim.
Maybe its time for him to get out of the media game and buy a hot dog cart?

Old
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Tarus
#Craigsnotonit

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post

A. Canadian - xenophobia is very much alive in canadian hockey circles.
b. Captain of the Oilers - Paid groupies don't upset the clique.
c. Has played hockey for the Oilers - Easier to pick on Yakupov considering he hasn't played a minute of hockey in the NHL due to a lockout

Old
01-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
This just in: Idiotic Edmonton media trying to run Yakupov out of town before he even plays a game. Lead by Staples and that senile POS Matheson.
Yeah that was just terrible. I really hate how the media acts around WJ time, they becoming more xenophobic almost and heap mountains of praise on the good ol' Canadian boys while finding any nugget of information to blast the Russians.

Yakupov's first language isn't english, lets lay off him media members.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:

Perpetual bottom 5 to last place team, player who has made himself irrelevant, low expections, no hope of a winning (painfully long) season .... why would people care if he sneaks out the back?

Yakupov on the other hand is plalying for his country in what is a once-or-twice in a lifetime tournament for most players, on his home turff ... he should stand up and talk to the media.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Qrispy

Well, we'll be getting MacKinnon and probably Ekblad/Reinhart, so alienating just one of our 1st overalls is no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Mcworraps
McWonderful McSummer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Perpetual bottom 5 to last place team, player who has made himself irrelevant, low expections, no hope of a winning (painfully long) season .... why would people care if he sneaks out the back?

Yakupov on the other hand is plalying for his country in what is a once-or-twice in a lifetime tournament for most players, on his home turff ... he should stand up and talk to the media.
He isn't talking to Canadian media. Russian media aren't complaining.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
And people want Big Ice here in NA. The KHL system is what the Russian team is playing and it makes for some boring hockey. I can see the guys with high end skills getting frustrated and trying to do too much themselves.

They don't attack and support they try to be fancy and it just doesn't work

Old
01-02-2013, 02:40 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

Quote:

What for?

Old
01-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
He isn't talking to Canadian media. Russian media aren't complaining.
Opps my bad. I thought he wasn't talking to all the media.

Did i mention how terrible Horcoff is?

Old
01-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
What for?
Using my premise he wasna't talking to any media ... would you be pissed if RNH started ignoring the media and refused to talk to them? What would this say about RNH?

Old
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Using my premise he wasna't talking to any media ... would you be pissed if RNH started ignoring the media and refused to talk to them? What would this say about RNH?
Why should I care about the media? Why should I care what Yakupov or RNH or any of these guys have to say?

Old
01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
Why should I care about the media? Why should I care what Yakupov or RNH or any of these guys have to say?
Hmmm, and why should you care what people write on this site??

Old
01-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Hmmm, and why should you care what people write on this site??
Huh?

Old
01-02-2013, 02:52 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

Quote:
I really couldnt care less tbh. What would he possibly say that would be either honest or of interest?

Why would I care to hear the usual trotting out of old cliches? Maybe Matheson should do some actual work in analyzing the game or find interesting/original stories from off the beaten path? No, he figures regurgitating dressing room quotes is good enough. Type it up and head to the bar before happy hour is over.

I would be more interested in a story from the Swiss angle.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Huh?
Are you kidding, your asking me to explain to you ... why "you should care" about what the media or players have to say ... and you give me a hun? Hun?

Old
01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
Are you kidding, your asking me to explain to you ... why "you should care" about what the media or players have to say ... and you give me a hun? Hun?
Well, I asked the question (why should I care if a player talks to the media?) and you replied with a non sequitur. So either you don't have an answer or...I'm not sure what the alternative is there actually.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Well, I asked the question (why should I care if a player talks to the media?) and you replied with a non sequitur. So either you don't have an answer or...I'm not sure what the alternative is there actually.
This is going no where.

I'll switch my tact and agree with you and Liqor. In fact, I think all players should stop talking to media, I also think they should stop broadcasting hockey and the only way you could watch games is to actually go to them ... well, because no one really cares.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Qrispy

Some people just need to hear incredibly dull and cliched responses to pointless questions like, "You were flying out there in the 1st period and scored a goal. How did you feel?" How the **** do you think he felt?

These media guys never ask the tough questions to our lordly captain when the Oilers enter long losing streaks but when it comes to a kid whose first language isn't English, they sure are quick to label him as a "primadonna" when he refuses interviews in a tourney that doesn't mean much.

Closed Thread