HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lake Erie Monsters/Kalamazoo Wings Thread IV (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
This is Johansen's true chance to shine. When a new GM comes in, he will obviously receive report from JD but he will also take a good hard look at the players himself.

If Johansen is lighting up the AHL and being a difference maker, that's what Jarmo will see and will then think of him as. This is as opposed to only getting 12 minutes a night on the 4th line at the NHL level. First impressions are huge and I think Johansen is in a spot to make a real good one while playing in Springy.

Edit: Also it appears John Davidson and hockeygirl are one and the same:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @aportzline
Davidson on Savard: "David Savard has something to offer. I think he has a future. But only if he commits himself better than he has."

Last edited by Crede777: 02-13-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 02:06 AM
stickguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Funny, as much as you think people are ignoring stats, I think you are putting too much emphasis on them.
Too much emphasis on stats in sports...now thats funny! Maybe the big club should start paying attention to stats, the GM might still have his job and the coach could save his.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:03 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickguy View Post
Too much emphasis on stats in sports...now thats funny! Maybe the big club should start paying attention to stats, the GM might still have his job and the coach could save his.
Stats ARE important...

... just not the end all, be all.

There is more than to the game than the stats, it is still played by the players not the statistician. That's the difference between reality and the fantasy play.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Thanks for taking one sentence of my post and totally missing the point. With limited ice time it's probable Holden may have a decent plus minus. Look into the term "limited sample size"

Old
02-14-2013, 03:21 PM
stickguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Thanks for taking one sentence of my post and totally missing the point. With limited ice time it's probable Holden may have a decent plus minus. Look into the term "limited sample size"
Nope didn't miss your point just don't agree but thats OK.
PS... Let me guess, your one of these guys that has never played the game right.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Matt

With the latest callup. Joey should be able to fill that void and gain confindence

Old
02-14-2013, 07:35 PM
leesmith
Still in.

I think for Joey to get a fair shot in Columbus, he'd need a new head coach. I don't have strong feelings for or against Todd Richards either way, but I don't think highly of the way he's handled this kid.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I think for Joey to get a fair shot in Columbus, he'd need a new head coach. I don't have strong feelings for or against Todd Richards either way, but I don't think highly of the way he's handled this kid.
And if it was still April 2012, I might concede the point. But it is nearly a year later, and we have seen the situations Richards plays Johansen in, and they are significantly better.

Down With Dr. Evil - Fire Kekalainen.
Old
02-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Nope didn't miss your point just don't agree but thats OK.
PS... Let me guess, your one of these guys that has never played the game right.
Lol actually I have but hey it's not like that has anything to do with it. If you actually have played the game, you'd know solid overall play is more important than being a plus 2 in 10 mins

Old
02-15-2013, 10:12 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
With the latest callup. Joey should be able to fill that void and gain confindence
Sweet, the mythical "void" and "gain confidence" comment. I'm not sure why we go down this route. No amount of voids improved Brule's confidence, for example. Or Picard. Etc.

I know Johansen scored the other night. He really doesn't need a call up to open a spot to get his game moving in the right direction.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:13 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Richards has been a lot harder on Johansen than other players over the last couple of years. I am not sure what that is about. At least to the point of singling him out like he has seemed to have done.

Did Johansen deserve to get sent down (or need to)? Perhaps. Was he playing worse than a few of the other players around him? Not really.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Richards has been a lot harder on Johansen than other players over the last couple of years. I am not sure what that is about. At least to the point of singling him out like he has seemed to have done.

Did Johansen deserve to get sent down (or need to)? Perhaps. Was he playing worse than a few of the other players around him? Not really.
I feel Johansen was sent down because there is an emphasis put on the future. Johansen was told to improve his game and when he did not, there were consequences. Let him play in the AHL, gain experience. I hate to say it, but Johansen at times seems like he just doesn't have much heart for the game. I guess I see some players like, Calvert, Atkinson, Ryan Craig and many others here and then Johansen just goes through the motions most nights. Hopefully that changes.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:29 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
What I can say is that between last year and this year I think Johansen has cemented himself as an NHL forward.

He can win face-offs, backcheck, and pass the puck. That's good for at least being a 3rd liner. The thing is, he's expected to be a high end 1st liner. I see it as he's raised his floor but hasn't gone very far towards his ceiling.

In my opinion, Johansen plays NASH (No Attitude Shown Hockey). I want to hear Sore Loser's point of view on this (and others of course), but I had heard that in Portland he played differently depending on the situation. He played like this during the regular season and then turned into a physical, competitive machine during the WJC and playoffs. He played with an edge then and would win face-offs, score goals, and hit anything that moved.

If that's the case and the reports I have heard are accurate, then he needs to bottle that competitive nature that he displayed in the tournament setting and apply it every night. He needs to learn to not take shifts off.

Last edited by Crede777: 02-15-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old
02-15-2013, 02:38 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
I feel Johansen was sent down because there is an emphasis put on the future. Johansen was told to improve his game and when he did not, there were consequences. Let him play in the AHL, gain experience. I hate to say it, but Johansen at times seems like he just doesn't have much heart for the game. I guess I see some players like, Calvert, Atkinson, Ryan Craig and many others here and then Johansen just goes through the motions most nights. Hopefully that changes.
Has he looked different since the demotion from what he was when he was first down there?

Old
02-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Has he looked different since the demotion from what he was when he was first down there?
Good question.

Also, are we talking about different "lack of heart" when talking about Savard and Johansen? Because I got the sense that they both looked disinterested but in a different manner somehow.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Hey! He was mine!

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Anybody know why Johansen isn't playing tonight?

02-15-2013, 08:46 PM
JacketsFanWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Anybody know why Johansen isn't playing tonight?
Rob Mixer tweeted that Joey is sick
https://twitter.com/RobMixer/status/302561062182608896

But one of Joey's latest tweets involved eating this:
https://twitter.com/RyanJohansen19/s...09547756511232

Coincidence?

Old
02-15-2013, 09:45 PM
stickguy

Good start to a busy week-end for the Falcons, 3-1 win over Worchester.
Recent Blue Jacket player stats tonight:
Holden 1 goal/1 assist 0 +/-
Savard 1 assist 0 +/-
JAM 0 points 0 +/-
RyJo did not play

Old
02-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Hockeygirl2748

He played disinterested before the callup and after as well. It's frustrating to watch.

Savard does not even look disinterested as much anymore, he's just slow and bad. Has had 1 good game IMO all season. And he needs to stop trying to go down and block shots/passes. He cannot move and looks like a beached whale flailing on ice. Yikes.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:42 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Springfield Falcons ‏@TheFalconsAHL

Another Adirondack boarding call on the way, as Wade MacLeod gets hit hard into the glass by Brandon Manning at 16:18...2-1 Phantoms

Katharine McCarthy ‏@KatyLovesHockey

Very serious situation on ice. MacLeod seemed to be having a seizure. Player was holding him down and trainers then held him.

EMT's rushed out. He's not moving still a few minutes later. Being placed on the backboard.

Completely unrelated to hockey. Savard has been helping the EMT's to steady MacLeod to be placed on the backboard. Thank you Savard.

Woah..

Old
02-17-2013, 04:45 PM
36kap36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Springfield Falcons ‏@TheFalconsAHL

Another Adirondack boarding call on the way, as Wade MacLeod gets hit hard into the glass by Brandon Manning at 16:18...2-1 Phantoms

Very serious situation on ice. MacLeod seemed to be having a seizure. Player was holding him down and trainers then held him.

EMT's rushed out. He's not moving still a few minutes later. Being placed on the backboard.

Completely unrelated to hockey. Savard has been helping the EMT's to steady MacLeod to be placed on the backboard. Thank you Savard.

Woah..
My thought exactly.

Thoughts out to Wade MacLeod, hope he's okay.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Rest of the game against Adirondack being postponed.

Been listening to radio coverage on this. Scary situation.

Wade MacLeod is apparently stable and alert.

02-17-2013, 05:19 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
Rest of the game against Adirondack being postponed.

Been listening to radio coverage on this. Scary situation.

Wade MacLeod is apparently stable and alert.
Good

Old
02-17-2013, 05:28 PM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
great news the kid is up and alert.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Michael Cignoli ‏@MCSaratogian
MacLeod is going to be fine, per in-arena announcement, but the rest of this game is not going to be played. No word on make-up yet.

Closed Thread