HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Exhibition • Dec. 20 • Finland 3, Canada 2

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
markrander87

vCash: 500
It's going to be interesting to se who steps up offensively. RNH will be his usual self setting up loads of chances, but who will be the clutch goal scorer ala Eberle, Schenn.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:43 AM
nonoob12

was finland playing Meidän Peliä or did Rindell just let to boys PLAY???????

Old
12-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Funny how you've pumped Murphy's tires through thick and thin. Played well today, but itll be interesting to see what happens when he has a bad game (which will happen, everyone has at least one). You jumping on everyone who questioned him after one EXHIBITION game shows how insecure you are of your man-crush's play.

Let his play in the tournament do the talking, just like the rest of the players. For Canada, this is just one game, and a pre-competition one at that.

I can tell you one thing, if Murphy plays the way he did tonight and is the best defenseman for the rest of the tournment... this team is in for alot of similar results.
You'd rather I be a far weather fan and flip flop on my opinion like a certain US presidential candidate?

I realize it's just one game, but it's a nice one game and it really works against what people had been saying. Murphy made few defensive mistakes (Fewer than Hamilton and Rielly) and was comfortable in his own zone.

I wonder why people will jump on a player for one bad mistake and say "it's evident of their play" and then when they have a good game it's "only one game".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
He has all the skill in the world but I can't stand his play to be honest. He consistently turns the puck over in the neutral zone. It seems like he thinks he needs to do everything himself and rarely ever uses his linemates properly or at all. I wouLd absolutely love to see him dump it in for once in his life, Canada's strengths is their board play and forechecking and it never gets utilized.
You could say the same things about Rielly this game, who's far more guilty of that today.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:48 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaruus View Post
I only saw the last 12 mins of this game. Does anyone know if this game can be downloaded or watched later somewhere?
TSN is showing it again at 930 pm eastern time. Should be available on TSN.ca....although I think someone said it costs a dollar to watch it online.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:49 AM
QnebO
Wheel, snipe, celly

Will there be highlights on somewhere? Finnish TV didint broadcast this one so I bet the best shot would be some Canadian site..

If I remember correct, TSN had full games on demand free at their site last year, and it was working in Finland too. Hope its the same again.

Edit:

Probably highlights wont get better than tihs.. over 11min

http://watch.tsn.ca/international-ho...004#clip831004

Old
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
You'd rather I be a far weather fan and flip flop on my opinion like a certain US presidential candidate?

I realize it's just one game, but it's a nice one game and it really works against what people had been saying. Murphy made few defensive mistakes (Fewer than Hamilton and Rielly) and was comfortable in his own zone.

I wonder why people will jump on a player for one bad mistake and say "it's evident of their play" and then when they have a good game it's "only one game".

You could say the same things about Rielly this game, who's far more guilty of that today.
Rielly's fault this game was being timid and not carrying the puck or jumping into the rush enough...

Old
12-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Rielly's fault this game was being timid and not carrying the puck or jumping into the rush enough...
So you think if he did that it would have made his game better? Rielly was poor defensively, and he turned the puck over plenty with poor passes. More so than Murphy.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:59 AM
luongo321

vCash: 50
You know what this team is missing? Frankie Corrado!

Old
12-20-2012, 11:59 AM
LeafOfBread

Props to Finland, played a solid game. Very impressed with Armia! Canada needs to re-group a bit.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Smif

Quote:
So you think if he did that it would have made his game better? Rielly was poor defensively, and he turned the puck over plenty with poor passes. More so than Murphy.
It would have made the team better, a dump and chase is better than a turn over in the neutral zone. I love how I criticize Murphy's game and you instantly out of nowhere turn it into a Rielly bashing.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:06 PM
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s

vCash: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
You know what this team is missing? Frankie Corrado!
It really isn't.

First game together. Canada will take this game, and Saturday and be ready for boxing day... The right players are in Finland.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Sharapova View Post
I before E except after C by friend.
I disagree for the most part though, he wasn't given many opportunities at all. He got a few, but for the most part he was playing with another player who likes to be the go to guy coming up the ice. If they pair him with Reinhart I think we would have had the Rielly we like to watch in Moose Jaw and the Subway series.
My bad on the spelling, won't happen again.
I can't say I agree with you that Rielly wasn't given many opportunities, especially considering he played 1st pairing ES and PP, but I do see where you're coming from with the Hamilton comment. However, I think some of the onus lies on Rielly to assert himself on the rush more and let Hamilton stay at home occasionally, instead of being a passive entity on the blueline all night.

I feel confident that as the tournament continues Rielly and Hamilton will become comfortable taking risks and letting their partner cover for them, but the fact that Hamilton was the one primarily doing this tonight isn't an excuse for Rielly to not show any indication of aggressiveness. I think it was just an off game for him and we'll see him bounce back against Sweden. He's too good of a player to not be capable of playing a two way game with an elite two way partner like Hamilton. No sense in demoting him to the third pairing with Reinhart based on this one game.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Eternal Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
He was one of Canada's best players soooo?
If you like watching a chicken run around with its head cut off you're all set with Murph

Old
12-20-2012, 12:09 PM
jigglysquishy

Completely undisciplined. Our defense (and Subban) looked atrocious.

RNH looked so, so good.

MacKinnon was giving 110% every shift. Nothing less than top speed.

Great goal from RNH to Scheifele. That's my Jets boy.

Penalties were a joke.

Finland played effective, disciplined hockey. They really were the better team today. Imagine adding an offensive threat like Barkov.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
It would have made the team better, a dump and chase is better than a turn over in the neutral zone. I love how I criticize Murphy's game and you instantly out of nowhere turn it into a Rielly bashing.
It might have made the team better, but it wouldn't have had much of an impact on Rielly's overall game.

I'm not bashing Rielly, saying he had a poor game (Which he did). The fact is your criticizing a player for something that other players were more guilty of, guys like Rielly and Hamilton. If Murphy had played like those two had, we would have got pages of people saying he is terrible and should have been left off the team.

Instead, Murphy has a good game, probably the best overall of a defensemen on the team, and we only have a few (predictible) people bashing him.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:12 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
TSN is showing it again at 930 pm eastern time. Should be available on TSN.ca....although I think someone said it costs a dollar to watch it online.
I think it's 7:30pm ET actually. That's what my Shaw guide says at least.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Smif

Quote:
It might have made the team better, but it wouldn't have had much of an impact on Rielly's overall game.

I'm not bashing Rielly, saying he had a poor game (Which he did). The fact is your criticizing a player for something that other players were more guilty of, guys like Rielly and Hamilton. If Murphy had played like those two had, we would have got pages of people saying he is terrible and should have been left off the team.

Instead, Murphy has a good game, probably the best overall of a defensemen on the team, and we only have a few (predictible) people bashing him.
The difference is I'm not bashing Murphy based on just this game, he always plays this way.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
The difference is I'm not bashing Murphy based on just this game, he always plays this way.
If he did Murphy woudn't be as highly regarded (Nor would he put up many points) as he is.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Future

Quote:

I agree with you entirely. Rielly and Hamilton were very mediocre today and Murphy gets too much hate.

My complaint with Rielly is that he has tonnes of talent and his skating ability is the best out there, but doesn't seem to have the confidence to take control and rush the puck up and make things happen today. I thought he played way too timid.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzerman View Post
I don't understand the hate for Rielly, he's been good at distributing the puck and getting it out of the zone. That's his role. As soon as he becomes more comfortable he'll start joining the rush more and get back to his game.
I can think of a thing or two.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:26 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Rielly definitely turned the puck over more than Murphy via poor passes, but Murphy turned the puck over more by skating it into a pack of defenders. What frustrated me about Murphy tonight was that he was so good at breaking the offensive zone that I expected him to do something once he in there. Instead of making the smart play, it seemed like he was constantly trying to do too much and skated the puck into trouble every time.

I don't see an issue with wanting him to chip the puck behind the net or pass it to the open man instead of overplaying it and turning it over. Still, it was nice to see him play with a sense of urgency unlike most of the team, he just needs to play more of a team game and incorporate our forwards better IMO.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Bobby G
Weber's Better

vCash: 75
People bashed Subban in the same way as Murphy when he was in the WJC. I missed this game, but I thought Murphy was amazing during the super series

Old
12-20-2012, 12:31 PM
armyjoe

When does the Finland vs. Canada replay start? Right after that sweden-usa game?

Old
12-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Bobby G
Weber's Better

vCash: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjoe View Post
When does the Finland vs. Canada replay start? Right after that sweden-usa game?
730est

Old
12-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Jussi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonoob12 View Post
was finland playing Meidän Peliä or did Rindell just let to boys PLAY???????
I saw some definite signs of Meidän Peli at times and that was a very positive sign, compared to last year's "ei-kenenkään-peli".

Closed Thread