worst wwf champion ever

Old
01-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Thats funny considering much of what you stated was in, word for word, the Death of ECW DVD and both ECW books.

Really? What part of Dreamer having a huge amount of his very own money staked into ECW is ridiculous when he has stated as such?

What about Taz being a failure in the ring anywhere but in ECW is ridiculous when its truth? I mean, isnt the HHH squash of him right after he signed with WWF not proof enough?
Cool. Loyalty is for suckers, Bret Hart is the worst champ eva and I'm a liar. Carry on.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Mjolnir
Whosoever Be Worthy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Thats speculative at best. Considering Hogan has a huge hand in TNA, I dont see many jumping ship when their contracts run out to joing Hart Legacy Wrestling, just sayin.

Its easy. Nobody took him seriously as a chmpion, but more as a guy who got lucky and dropped the strap to the next guy who Vince wanted to push just as easy.
Wow you are good at avoiding counter points. Where did you get that people would rather work for TNA over Hart Legacy out of anything I previously said? The question was and always has been who would 100 random wrestlers prefer to see headlining a show. You said 100% say Hogan I said majority would say Bret yet you keep changing it to guys want money. No kidding but money is not a factor. The 100 random guys are getting paid no matter what. Then it became more guys would want to be in TNA, once again not part of the question. The question is simply who would 100 wrestlers rather have headlining a show. The answer is Bret.

You also side stepped my question of what other than a few extra rating points made Yokozuna such a better champion than Bret? Bret was better at being a Wrestler in every singe way but Yoko drew a few more fans do that makes him better?

Or how about Mick Folley? You said Mick had a huge impact in ruining wrestling to the point that it hasnt recovered even yet. But he is a better champion than Bret too? Because he drew more fans than Bret right?

Mjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:34 PM
AfroThunder396
Certified G

vCash: 835
Quote:
And, um...who have these guys actually worked with to compare them to, technically wise?
Shawn Michaels, Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect, Owen Hart, Randy Savage, Chris Benoit, William Regal, etc.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:13 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Is Martini JBL? Next he's going to go on about Farmer Burns versus George Hackenschmidt at the old Comiskey Park or something.

Foir all this quoting of Meltzer, the fact is Dave loves Bret Hart.

Last edited by GarbageGoal: 01-17-2013 at 06:18 PM.
GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1513
Quote:
And, um...who have these guys actually worked with to compare them to, technically wise?
lol cuz Vince has seen wrestle about everyone who dreams to become a pro.... his opinion is as good as anybody.
i would somehow agree that he wasnt a great champ, but to start burrying the guy is absurd. (to be more precise... 4 pages of talking crap about bret is annoying)
he did amazing things in the ring and wanted to stay with wwf forever.
i believe the only reason they pushed him out was that ridiculous 20 year contract that vince wanted out.

edit:
i was watching every title change from the 90 to 2004. wow lol. (a compilation on youtube)
from ONLY that video, and what can i remember, i think Kane is indeed the worse along with Yokozuna aswell. (Yoko at least stayed in the title picture switching it a few times with brett) but both reigns were the shortest.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:20 PM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

And again, Vince should thank God Bret didn't take him to court. Because he didn't do things that way, like Vinnie Mac does for all his crying about lawyers, he has the biggest snake in Jerry McDevitt who ever lived.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Martini*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
If Thesz can state his opinion on Gotch and Londos in his book (which you'll buy into), when he never worked with them on what those guys did for the business,
Woah, it wasnt just Thesz. Learn your wrestling history.
Quote:
I'll take NUMEROUS wrestler's words about Bret Hart over yours who have worked with Hart, especially when those include words from Austin, Michaels and Vince McMahon.
Again, who have Austin, Michaels, and Vince McMahon wrestled to compare?

Ric Flair wrestled Brisco, DFjr,Tsuruta,Robinson and Gagne to go along with Hart. If he says Hart doesnt belong in that group I would tend to believe him considering the fact he has wrestled them all himself.

And, he has.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Martini*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
Wow you are good at avoiding counter points. Where did you get that people would rather work for TNA over Hart Legacy out of anything I previously said? The question was and always has been who would 100 random wrestlers prefer to see headlining a show. You said 100% say Hogan I said majority would say Bret yet you keep changing it to guys want money. No kidding but money is not a factor. The 100 random guys are getting paid no matter what. Then it became more guys would want to be in TNA, once again not part of the question. The question is simply who would 100 wrestlers rather have headlining a show. The answer is Bret.
Sadly, it isnt considering you have no clue what 100 random wrestlers would answer and nothing but pure speculation on your part.

And again, why would anybody risk their health if they wernt getting paid?
Quote:
You also side stepped my question of what other than a few extra rating points made Yokozuna such a better champion than Bret? Bret was better at being a Wrestler in every singe way but Yoko drew a few more fans do that makes him better?
He drew money.

Quote:
Or how about Mick Folley? You said Mick had a huge impact in ruining wrestling to the point that it hasnt recovered even yet. But he is a better champion than Bret too? Because he drew more fans than Bret right?
Foley didnt have the belt for more then two months his entire time as champion. He doesnt even register imo as a viable champion and more a transitional champion.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Martini*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Shawn Michaels, Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect, Owen Hart, Randy Savage, Chris Benoit, William Regal, etc.
And which of them wrestled Jack Brisco?

Old
01-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Martini*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Is Martini JBL? Next he's going to go on about Farmer Burns versus George Hackenschmidt at the old Comiskey Park or something.

Foir all this quoting of Meltzer, the fact is Dave loves Bret Hart.
Never said he didnt. Hart was one of his moles for a long, long time.

Still didnt stop him from debunking the myth Hart was some mega draw in Canada, just sayin.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Martini*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
lol cuz Vince has seen wrestle about everyone who dreams to become a pro.... his opinion is as good as anybody.
Vince is in it to make money, first and foremost. I sure didnt see Vince program technical wrestling when he had Hogan on top. Nor did I see him allow one of the greatest technical wrestlers of this era, Kurt Angle, (Sorry Hart fans) to keep himself closer to what he was instead of turning him into a cartoon.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Mjolnir
Whosoever Be Worthy

Quote:
Sadly, it isnt considering you have no clue what 100 random wrestlers would answer and nothing but pure speculation on your part.

And again, why would anybody risk their health if they wernt getting paid?

He drew money.

Foley didnt have the belt for more then two months his entire time as champion. He doesnt even register imo as a viable champion and more a transitional champion.
Did you even read anything I wrote? Yes it is speculation but you started it saying 100% would pick Hogan.

In all of my responses I made it clear that the 100 guys ARE GETTING PAID. Then they get to choose who they would rather see headline. I think the majority pick Bret, you say ALL pick Hogan. You say it is pure speculation on my part well Which is speculating more that a Majority would pick Bret or that all pick Hogan?

Yokozuna brought in money? Do you have facts for that too? How about merchandise sales. I am willing to bet Bret brought in more money from merchandise than Yoko did from gate sales.

How many days does it take to register as a viable champion?

Old
01-17-2013, 07:31 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 167
This is getting ****ing stupid.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Topshelf88

Quote:
It did a long time ago.

Topshelf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Mjolnir
Whosoever Be Worthy

Quote:
I apologies for adding to the insanity.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:43 PM
M.C.G. 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
It did a long time ago.
More stupid than before.

01-17-2013, 07:56 PM
AfroThunder396
Certified G

vCash: 835
Quote:
And which of them wrestled Jack Brisco?
What the hell does Jack Brisco have to do with anything? You're deflecting.

If you think everyone born after WWII is a no-talent hack that's your opinion. But wrestling professionals pretty much unanimously disagree.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Martini*

Quote:
Did you even read anything I wrote? Yes it is speculation but you started it saying 100% would pick Hogan.

In all of my responses I made it clear that the 100 guys ARE GETTING PAID. Then they get to choose who they would rather see headline. I think the majority pick Bret, you say ALL pick Hogan. You say it is pure speculation on my part well Which is speculating more that a Majority would pick Bret or that all pick Hogan?
Um, because Hogan on top means more money for everybody? You have to understand how the system works. Hogan headlining a card means more interest, which means more profits. Bret Hart has a history of underwhelming buy rates.
Quote:
Yokozuna brought in money? Do you have facts for that too? How about merchandise sales. I am willing to bet Bret brought in more money from merchandise than Yoko did from gate sales.
Nope.
Quote:
How many days does it take to register as a viable champion?
More then 25 day runs with the belt.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Martini*

Quote:
What the hell does Jack Brisco have to do with anything? You're deflecting.
Hmm, Brisco is reguarded as the second best technical wrestler ever in the history of the sport. Flair wrestled him, says he was the best he was ever in the ring with in terms of technical skill. He also wrestled Hart and says he wasnt as good as he, Hart, tells everybody he is. Now, on that basis, pointing out wrestlers who were first and fore most, entertainers, over actual techincal wrestlers such as Jack Brisco, it kind of looks like a reach.

I give you Regal and to an extent Benoit, but neither come close to Jack Brisco.

Again, wrestling has been around for centuries and was around way before the 90's. If you piegon hole a certain time frame and only base your opinion on that time frame you are doing yourself a disservice just on principal.
Quote:
If you think everyone born after WWII is a no-talent hack that's your opinion.
Where did I say that?
Quote:
But wrestling professionals pretty much unanimously disagree.
Ric Flair, Harley Race, Orndorf, THM, HBK, HHH etc, say otherwise.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Marf

This thread has continually gotten off topic for pages now.

Either rename it the Bret Hart Hatred thread or close the damn thing.

Marf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:14 AM
M.C.G. 31

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote