HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

World Junior Discussion

Old
01-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Edonator

vCash: 500
The Russian celebrations on the ice is the same class that many Canadian fans come into, and out of, with these tournaments every year.

I applaud it for one. It adds to the rivalry between the countries and a little ribbing never hurt anybody.

Edonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Basso

I think Canada's problem in recent years has been not having a elite goalie. Don't get me wrong we've had some good goaltending performances but nothing crazy since Carey Price.

Goalies in last 10 years:

Mark Visentin
Jake Allen
Dustin Tokarski
Steve Mason
Carey Price
Jutin Pogge
Réjean Beauchemin
Jeff Glass
Marc-André Fleury
Pascal Leclaire
Maxime Ouellet

Two bonafide stars in the mix, the recent guys still have time to develop but some real busts in there too. We need to get back to our goalie factory in Quebec pump some more of these guys out.

Basso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Meh, they don't like us and I couldn't blame them. Sore winners or not, they earned that right to be one.
Did Canada do something to them to earn their ire in the tournament? I never watched all the games but it seemed like the Russians (especially Yakupov) were pissed at Canada from the get go...never heard or saw anything cheap from any Canadian players...but like I said, I never caught all the games.

Sportsmanship is overrated anyhow.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:13 PM
pahlsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
The Russian celebrations on the ice is the same class that many Canadian fans come into, and out of, with these tournaments every year.

I applaud it for one. It adds to the rivalry between the countries and a little ribbing never hurt anybody.
i agree with this, maybe if it were the actual men's teams doing this should it be frowned upon but stuff like this is to be expected with junior players and i don't mind it at all

pahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:51 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post

Totally agree. Don't want a team to celebrate a little overboard? Don't let them score.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:26 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
My hatred for Murphy grew so much over this tournament. He reminds me of Mike Green, but worse. Murphy is a good skater, but his decision making, and defensive play is beyond stupid most of the time. He looked like a tyke getting beat by an NHLer on the OT goal.

I actually said to my buddies before the tournament, that if we don't win, it's because we didn't have Corrado. I hate being right.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:46 AM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
My hatred for Murphy grew so much over this tournament. He reminds me of Mike Green, but worse. Murphy is a good skater, but his decision making, and defensive play is beyond stupid most of the time. He looked like a tyke getting beat by an NHLer on the OT goal.

I actually said to my buddies before the tournament, that if we don't win, it's because we didn't have Corrado. I hate being right.
Meh, even without Corrado, we could have been more competitive if Spott wasn't a complete ****ing moron. seriously, how the **** do you make such stupid decisions with such a loaded team. 'Nathan is a checker!' WTF spott?! PUT HIM WITH DROUIN

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

A lot of people will now say "Drouin for #1 over MacKinnon" but the only reason Drouin outscored MacKinnon was because Drouin played on the first 2 lines while Mackinnon saw 5 minutes a game on the 4th line.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
A lot of people will now say "Drouin for #1 over MacKinnon" but the only reason Drouin outscored MacKinnon was because Drouin played on the first 2 lines while Mackinnon saw 5 minutes a game on the 4th line.
Why do you think Drouin got bumped up over MacKinnon?

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:10 AM
Huntershin Karuk
Horvat is Horfat

Drouin looks to be more creative and explosive offensively, which is what the team needed. MacKinnon has phenomenal strength and hockey sense/speed for his age, but was behind too many good.centers.

Huntershin Karuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:52 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
I don't think it was just a fluke Drouin was bumped up over MacKinnon. I don't think Drouin overtook MacKinnon for first overall, but he is going to make people second guess who to pick. He showed great flashes, and those hands of his, oh boy. He certainly helped his draft ranking, but not enough to overtake first overall. Playing decent at the WJHC isn't going to be enough.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote