HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

(Xbox 360) HF Hyper League Season 4 (Teams Available)

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 03:34 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

vCash: 500
(Xbox 360) HF Hyper League Season 4 (Teams Available)

Old thread found here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1264841

IN ORDER TO FIND MY GAMERTAG, YOU MUST ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE LIST OF VACANT/NON-VACANT TEAMS. DON'T DELVE INTO THIS LIST THEN ASK ME IF THERE ARE ANY VACANT TEAMS WHEN YOU COULD'VE JUST SCROLLED DOWN 2 INCHES.

Rules

First off, it's not really a rule, but don't be an ass. Don't disrespect other players, don't ride the line between what I allow and don't allow just because you can, knowing it's scummy, etc. I shouldn't have you tell you how not to be a dick.

1. For the most part, a sim will be made every 2 days, around 11:30 EST.

2. Running 2 week sims every 2 days means that you may have anywhere from 5-10 games to play in just 2 days. It must be understood that not everyone can play all of their games every week. Most people just don't have that kind of time and availability to match up with everyone they're playing with. You WILL miss some games during the season.

3. Regardless of this, you are expected to play a reasonable amount of your games over the course of each season. Things come up in life at times, so it's understandable if you miss all of your games for a sim, and maybe only catch one or two for the next couple sims. But if you completely vanish for 2 weeks, you will likely be booted. [SEE 6.]

4. NO TRADING WITH THE CPU IF A TEAM IS EMPTY. The CPU AI is dumb as a rock, and everyone knows this. If I allowed the AI to be open season, then it's just a race to see who can fleece the computer first, and any player who joins as them is screwed. Yes, you may try to make a fair offer and then plead to me "But it's even, see?". I still won't allow it because it's not fair to, say, a Calgary player who wants to sell off his draft picks and prospects for a big one year run, then joins to find Iginla shipped off for a couple of farm players that are 5 years away from making an impact.

5. Revising this from how I originally wrote it due to a bit of second-guessing and questioning on how lopsided trades are handled. Most trades, I will allow through. Most of the deals I've seen have been relatively even. Both sides upgrade somewhere and downgrade somewhere else, whether it's talent or age. However, tilted deals happen. That's just how negotiation works. If you get fleeced, that's your own fault, and you will live with the consequences. Kudos to the other guy for having a silver tongue. But, there is an exception to this.

Much like movies can be so bad that they're good, then become even more bad to the point they stop being funny and just become bad, if you make a lopsided deal you'll have to live with the consequences, UNLESS it's so incredibly stupid that it's actually something for nothing.

Example: If you want to trade Crosby for 3 1st round picks, ok. That's your choice. In most cases it's a bad choice, and you'll never replace his talent, and the picks aren't surefire elite players to end up being fair even 5 years down the line, but it's a trade that's salvageable. SOME talent comes back. On the flip side, if you try to trade Crosby for Shawn Thornton and Andrew Ference, I will veto that a thousand times over. So long as the team getting robbed is getting SOME value back, I'm letting it slide, because that's just the nature of being a GM. Some guys are just good at negotiations and selling an idea.

6. There will be activity checks at least every 2 weeks. There will be no defined time frame for these activity checks, otherwise we'd have guys who play no games and figure "well if I just show up every X days, I won't get booted." Some people get free passes if they've been reliable in the past, have had no outstanding issues, and are known to be active.

The activity check will be a message posted by me on the league news page in-game, and in a post here. You can let me know that you're around any way you choose. If you play me in a game, someone else tells me they played you, or you send a message or post somewhere that I can see, these are all acceptable ways of confirming activity. If you play someone else, I can't run with that alone, because I'm not going to spend all day every day checking box scores to see if new games have been played. I timed myself from a new tab and it took me 22 seconds to get to this thread going through the HF index. It's not hard to find out when there's an activity check.

7. There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on quitting bad games and allowing the sim or another game to occur for the sole purpose of ensuring there would be no loss in a bad game, and potentially winning the makeup game. If I find out that you're doing this intentionally, you WILL be booted.

I encourage people to PM me with suspicion of this, and it will be investigated and considered.

If you're in suspicion but there is no proof, you will be on probation, and closely watched for this. If you keep honestly getting disconnected constantly to the point that you can't ever finish games, you probably shouldn't be in an NHL 13 league.

Finally, Rule #8. The final, and probably most important rule.

If I get multiple, reliable reports of you exploiting any cheesy or cheap moves, or taking advantage of gamey loopholes, you're gone. I will not tolerate people who use unfair methods to get a leg up just because they're not man enough to play without a free handicap in their favor. This is non-negotiable.

However, having said that, I will be sure of it before I punish it. I understand the difference between using a glitchy shot, and being allowed to stroll into the slot and fire one off from a high percentage area. I know the difference between something that is cheating, and something that is lame but fair.

If you don't know if a move is allowed or not, ask and ye shall receive knowledge, and if you're doing something cheesy and I don't think you're aware that it's cheesy, you will be informed. I will try to be as fair as I can about this. I've already talked to one person about a borderline unfair move, and it was easily sorted out with an "Okay, I understand. That sounds fair and I'll try not to do it anymore." There were no further issues with that person.

Anyway, now that we're past that, let's get this hyperleague underway!

Send join requests to HF HYPER LEAGUE

(I opened this up first privately to a couple of friends that lurk here, but don't actually have accounts, which is why a couple people are missing HF accounts on the team list)

Eastern Conference
Atlantic Division
New York Rangers: HF: JR C Tendy - GT: JEFFBOYAREDY
New York Islanders: HF: Zetterberg - GT: kdfsjljklgjfg - COMMISH
Pittsburgh Penguins: HF: CoRD - GT: MusicOrDieRDS
Philadelphia Flyers: GT: beliotch549
New Jersey Devils: HF: Rielly4 - GT: T O TiTaN x47

Northeast Division
Boston Bruins: VACANT
Montreal Canadiens: HF: CanuckCity - GT: WVThunder21
Ottawa Senators: HF: beast8812 - GT: beast8812
Toronto Maple Leafs: HF: robdicks - GT: ToeDrag55
Buffalo Sabres: VACANT

Southeast Division
Florida Panthers: HF: Jabrony - GT: Jabrony316
Washington Capitals: HF: HughJazz3dg - Bunz McToot 3DG
Tampa Bay Lightning: HF: oomps - GT: oompsahearn
Winnipeg Jets: HF: Camwise - GT: WiserC
Carolina Hurricanes: HF: Smoke - GT: VX S m o k e 14

Western Conference
Central Division
St Louis Blues: HF: spanakopita - GT: spanakopi7a
Nashville Predators: HF: Bruisers Brigade - GT: vTONYxMONTANAv
Chicago Blackhawks: HF: CUMMINS - GT: Cummins x 7
Detroit Red Wings: HF: noexult - GT: noexult
Columbus Blue Jackets: HF: trufleshufle13 - GT: trufleshufle13

Northwest Division
Vancouver Canucks: HF: McNashty - GT: x Gen0cide x
Calgary Flames: VACANT
Colorado Avalanche: VACANT
Minnesota Wild: HF: Sh0otnSc0re - GT: AoC Pyorala
Edmonton Oilers: HF: Faithful67 - GT: Faithful67

Pacific Division
Phoenix Coyotes: VACANT
San Jose Sharks: HF: DaGHeR - GT: vFlawless
Los Angeles Kings: GT: BRIICKWALL
Dallas Stars: HF: Lozano - GT: AtR Snowman Jr
Anaheim Ducks: HF: jayminator - GT: OJ Pro Drinker

Waiting List:

Banlist
ThePsychicSaw - Extreme arrogance in the face of inactivity and complaints, disrespect toward commissioner and fellow players.
Huddyyy - Nobody else has ever received half as many complaints as he has. Made baseless accusations of hacking or glitching toward other players on a whim with no evidence.

Trade Chat
Cleaner Claude has kindly provided the following link for a chat room for trade chat:
http://www.***********/86973655262844

President's Trophy
12-13: New York Islanders
13-14: Toronto Maple Leafs
14-15: Columbus Blue Jackets

Stanley Cups:
12-13: Toronto Maple Leafs
13-14: Edmonton Oilers
14-15: St. Louis Blues

Award History
Art Ross
12-13: Sidney Crosby (PIT) - 70GP, 40G, 49A, 89P
12-13: Henrik Sedin (VAN) - 82GP, 23G, 66A, 89P
13-14: Phil Kessel (TOR) - 82GP, 44G, 61A, 105P
14-15: Sidney Crosby (PIT) - 82GP, 37G, 51A, 88P

Richard
12-13: Patrick Marleau (SJ) - 82GP, 46G
13-14: Milan Lucic (BOS) - 81GP, 54G
14-15: Alexander Ovechkin (LA) - 69 GP, 45G

Hart
12-13: Niklas Backstrom (MIN) - 74GP, 38W, 1.88 GAA, .937 SV%, 15 SO
14-15: Pekka Rinne (EDM) - 79GP, 50W, 1.84 GAA. .932 SV%, 14 SO

Lindsay

Norris
12-13: Lubomir Visnovsky (NYI) - 82GP, 12G, 45A, 57P, 76 Hits, 60 takeaways
13-14: Dion Phaneuf (TOR) - 79GP, 11G, 43A, 54P
14-15: Kris Letang (PIT) - 82GP, 6G, 44A, 50P, 218 Hits, 55 Takeaways

Lady Byng
12-13: Henrik Sedin (VAN) - 82GP, 23G, 66A, 89P, 10 PIM
13-14: Phil Kessel (TOR) - 82GP, 44G, 61A, 105P, 12 PIM
14-15: John Tavares (NYI) - 82GP, 35G, 52A, 87P, 20 PIM

Calder
12-13: Mathieu Perreault (WSH) - 82GP, 13G, 6A, 19P
13-14: Jonathan Huberdeau (FLA) - 71GP, 16G, 42A, 58P
14-15: Gustav Nyquist (DET) - 82GP, 25G, 47A, 72P

Conn Smythe
12-13: Mikhail Grabovski (TOR) - 18GP, 6G, 13A, 19P
13-14: Taylor Hall (EDM) - 14GP, 8G, 8A, 16P
14-15: Henrik Lundqvist (STL) - 20GP, 12W, 2.13 GAA, .913 SV%, 2 SO

Vezina
13-14: Sergei Bobrovsky (CBJ) - 74GP, 47W, 1.78 GAA, .921 SV%, 12 SO

William Jennings
13-14: Jonathan Bernier (NYI) - 74GP, 42W, 1.83 GAA, .914 SV%, 13 SO
14-15: Sergei Bobrovsky (CLB) - 75GP, 50W, 1.62GAA, .922 SV%, 18 SO

Selke
12-13: Pavel Datsyuk (DET) - 82GP, 25G, 46A, 71P, 154 Hits, 163 Takeaways
13-14: Ryan Getzlaf (ANA) - 81GP, 24G, 50A, 74P, 171 Hits, 93 Takeaways
14-15: Pavel Datsyuk (CLB) - 82GP, 37G, 49A, 86P, 194 Hits, 133 Takeaways

Last edited by kdfsjljklgjfg: 03-24-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old
12-20-2012, 03:53 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

From the sounds of it, a lot of people are going to start going out of town tomorrow night or otherwise being unavailable for the holidays. This is the plan I have for the sim until the new year:

Sim tonight
Sim period tonight to December 27th
Sim period December 27th to January 1st

Then after that we would continue a normal sim schedule. I figure there's enough days between but still a lot of people may be gone after Christmas but before New Years, so that's the purpose of an extended sim period rather than continuing the existing sim period.

Is this acceptable to everyone in the playoffs?

Last edited by kdfsjljklgjfg: 12-20-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old
12-20-2012, 04:21 PM
trufleshufle13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg View Post

Sim period December 27th to December 1st

idk about this any more, i thought this was a hyper league, i dont really feel like waiting almost a year to finish the playoffs.

Old
12-20-2012, 04:24 PM
camwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufleshufle13 View Post
idk about this any more, i thought this was a hyper league, i dont really feel like waiting almost a year to finish the playoffs.
dood its the holidays man this wouldnt be an issue if it was june

Old
12-20-2012, 05:00 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Was just getting everyone's opinion, because nobody answered when I asked when I SHOULD delay it. We'd resume a normal schedule after new year's day.

Old
12-20-2012, 05:06 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
From the sounds of it, a lot of people are going to start going out of town tomorrow night or otherwise being unavailable for the holidays. This is the plan I have for the sim until the new year:

Sim tonight
Sim period tonight to December 27th
Sim period December 27th to December 1st

Then after that we would continue a normal sim schedule. I figure there's enough days between but still a lot of people may be gone after Christmas but before New Years, so that's the purpose of an extended sim period rather than continuing the existing sim period.

If anyone was wondering, he means January 1st! So it's not waiting an entire year.

Old
12-20-2012, 05:10 PM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

And about awards:
"Calder 12-13: Mathieu Perreault (WSH) - 82 GP, 13 G, 6 A, 19 P"
He plays for

Old
12-20-2012, 05:11 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Oh, crap. I didn't notice I typed that. Oops, sorry everybody! Lol.

Old
12-21-2012, 05:16 AM
WhiteMandingo

Zetterberg I owe you an apology. When I said the best of of 5 playoff format was stupid I want trying to insult the way you run this league, I was just ticked that me and tampa were ready for a game that wasnt gonna happen. I realize I most likely wasnt gonna make a miracle comeback and I have no problem being elminated by Tampa because he is a class act but I still think it should be best of 7.
EDIT: I also realize I should of read the rules but when I took over the bruins their record was like 19-53 or something terrible like that so I didnt have playoffs in mind at all. So yeah sorry Zetterberg.

Last edited by WhiteMandingo: 12-21-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old
12-21-2012, 10:19 AM
camwise

Hey Zetter:

It looks like Toronto and Winnipeg series will have to be simmed, we were able to get 1 game in before the EA servers wouldnt let us play another game.

So if you are waiting on us to finish please just go ahead and sim the series.

Also I will be out of town from now until December 28th (late)

If by chance I make it to the second round, I will set my AI to play, so feel free to play against the CPU.

Happy Holidays guys!!!

Old
12-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Cosmonaut

I'm going to be gone for the holidays from Dec. 22nd - 29th.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:42 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
Zetterberg I owe you an apology. When I said the best of of 5 playoff format was stupid I want trying to insult the way you run this league, I was just ticked that me and tampa were ready for a game for that wasnt gonna happen. I realize I most likely wasnt gonna make a miracle comeback and I have no problem being elminated by Tampa because he is a class act but I still think it should be best of 7.
I completely understand. Don't worry about it.

I will be simming tonight, then holding off on simming until the 27th. Then the sim period will be until New Year's Day, and then we resume a normal sim schedule.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:24 PM
camwise

Quote:
I completely understand. Don't worry about it.

I will be simming tonight, then holding off on simming until the 27th. Then the sim period will be until New Year's Day, and then we resume a normal sim schedule.
Hey Homie, can you post on here who won the Jets and Leafs series??? I doubt ill win as Buff Ladd and Little are all injured, but heres hoping!@!@

Old
12-21-2012, 10:45 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

The league has advanced to round 2 of the playoffs, and the next sim will be December 27th.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:08 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
Hey Homie, can you post on here who won the Jets and Leafs series??? I doubt ill win as Buff Ladd and Little are all injured, but heres hoping!@!@
Ah crap, I hadn't refreshed it after that post before I posted the sim was done then walked away and I just turned off my game, lol. I'll see if I can remember to let you know in the morning, or if someone else gets on before then, they can feel free to post it.

Old
12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Sorry to say but you got swept.

The current bracket is:

WEST
(1) CLB vs (7) EDM
(3) DAL vs (4) STL

EAST
(1) TOR vs (6) MTL
(2) NYI vs (5) TBL

Old
12-22-2012, 10:27 PM
trufleshufle13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asOGmXU8dao

Thamps, just wanted to know if u knew this video existed. was just looking up random nhl videos and found one u were in. if it means anything, he was doing the ****** pull back to top corner shot every time.

then he showed ur shots which were all directly at the goalies pads. pretty much opposite of the BS he was pulling.

not sure how he has as many views as he does

Old
12-22-2012, 11:25 PM
dbzfanl

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asOGmXU8dao

Thamps, just wanted to know if u knew this video existed. was just looking up random nhl videos and found one u were in. if it means anything, he was doing the ****** pull back to top corner shot every time.

then he showed ur shots which were all directly at the goalies pads. pretty much opposite of the BS he was pulling.

not sure how he has as many views as he does
Reported the video for bullying. Y'all should do the same.

Old
12-23-2012, 04:03 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Game 1: Eriksson, Tavares, Shattenkirk all injured
Games 2, 3, 4: Add Dubinsky to the list.

My offense was so horribly crippled. Great series Tampa and good luck the rest of the way.

Old
12-23-2012, 04:17 AM
HughJazz3dg

vCash: 155
Great series with NYI. You had some pretty huge injuries, but you played really great even without them. I really hope Lindback comes back for the third round..

Old
12-23-2012, 01:10 PM
camwise

Quote:
Sorry to say but you got swept.

The current bracket is:

WEST
(1) CLB vs (7) EDM
(3) DAL vs (4) STL

EAST
(1) TOR vs (6) MTL
(2) NYI vs (5) TBL
too many injuries Zett!!!! Ladd Buff and Little, also missed Stuart for game 1 for sure, harsh times tho, oh well, season 3 is starting to smell like its my year!!!

Old
12-23-2012, 01:54 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
too many injuries Zett!!!! Ladd Buff and Little, also missed Stuart for game 1 for sure, harsh times tho, oh well, season 3 is starting to smell like its my year!!!
Pff, fat chance, S3 is MY year!

Old
12-23-2012, 04:54 PM
prai

I will take the hawks if still available
Gamertag nuckfan4life

Old
12-23-2012, 10:53 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by prai View Post
I will take the hawks if still available
Gamertag nuckfan4life
Send an ingame join request if you haven't already, and I'll confirm it and add you to the list.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:57 AM
wlawrence67

Send a message via AIM to wlawrence67 Send a message via MSN to wlawrence67 Send a message via Yahoo to wlawrence67
when do you think season 3 will be starting?

Closed Thread