HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Quebec Remparts 2012-2013 Season.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:45 PM
CrazyPucker27

vCash: 500
Quebec Remparts 2012-2013 Season.

REMPARTS SOLD

The Quebec Remparts have been sold to multi-millionaire Jack Daniels Jr. Mr. Daniels is the son of Jack Daniels Sr., who founded Jack Daniel's whiskey. Jack has been a hockey fan for as long as he can remember and he is very excited to go forward as the owner of this team. "I'm pretty darn happy, I can tell ya that," Daniels Jr. said. "I'm as big a hockey fan as anyone, and I got my own team now. I'm also glad to announce that Mike Bossy is the new president of the team and he'll be taking care of things." Bossy, a former NHL sniper, is excited to be named to the team's staff. "It's an honour really. I played lots of hockey in my day, and I still haven't got enough of it. Hopefully we get free whiskey too. *chuckles* I'll be naming a full staff very soon and we're bringing a unique showing to this team, treating it like an expansion team. We'll be holding a dispersal draft for all players already on the team, and later this summer we'll be acquiring players back for them. We plan on bringing a whole new team in, and a tough one at that." Bossy and Mr. Daniels then left, leaving everyone astonished and surprised.

CrazyPucker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:05 PM
CrazyPucker27

STAFF NAMED

President Mike Bossy has named a GM, and a coaching staff. The new GM of the team is Pierre Roux, formerly of the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. The new head coach is Eric Dubois, and his assistants are Donald Audette, and Stéphane Matteau. All of these men are proud to be Remparts and look forward to working with the team.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:15 AM
CrazyPucker27

PLAYERS OFFICIALLY DISPERSED

Players of the Quebec Remparts have finally been dispersed throughout the league. Next up for the Remparts is the Entry Draft.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:25 AM
CrazyPucker27

DAY BEFORE DRAFT

It's the day before the draft, and the team is in Quebec City, hard at work interviewing players. The team is rather loaded with picks for the draft, holding picks 1, 3, 26, 28, 43, 59, 73, 79, 89, and 104. That's 10 picks in the first six rounds. There is four players in debate for first overall, and the Remparts will obviously snag two of them. Alexis Pépin, Daniel Audette (son of Donald), Alexandre Carrier, and Clark Bishop have all been ranked first overall with different scouting agencies. "Were in a great spot right now," said GM Pierre Roux. "We're going to be interviewing for the duration of the day, and we will take 10 players who will not only be the first Remparts, under the new ownership and staff's tenure, but will help make for a competitive training camp. See you tomorrow, at the draft."

Old
03-23-2013, 11:16 AM
CrazyPucker27

2012 QMJHL DRAFT

We're here at the Pepsi Colisée, in Quebec City, Quebec. The Rempart's fans will be treated to 10 picks in the first six rounds, where the team is looking to add youth, and energy to the team.

The time has finally come. GM Pierre Roux, head coach, Eric Dubois, and president Mike Bossy make their way up to the stage. Mr. Bossy steps forward to the mic, and says as following, "First off the Quebec Remparts would like to congratulate both the Saint John Sea Dogs, and Shawinigan Cataractes on their superb seasons, and we'd like to thank all of our fans for the atmosphere. Most importantly though, we're thankful that we have the first pick. Without further ado, the Quebec Remparts, are ever so proud to select, with the first overall pick in the 2012 draft, from Antoine-Girouard, defenceman Alexandre Carrier!" The crowd explodes, as Carrier walks up onto the stage and receives his jersey, and meets with his new team. "I'm very proud to be first overall, but even prouder to be a Rempart. Dreams do come true!" Carrier told a local newspaper. GM Pierre Roux told us a bit about Alex. "Alex is an offensive defenseman, and he should make an immediate impact on the team. He will probably play powerplay, and we're just glad to add him to the team." Roux said. After that pick, Alexis Pépin went to the PEI Rocket, and then the Remparts were right back up. Will they take Clark Bishop, or the assistant coach's son Daniel Audette? To add suspicion, Donald walks onto the stage with the other three, and it is in fact Donald who steps up to the mic. With a tear running down his cheek, he echos as following, "The Quebec Remparts are proud to select, third overall, from Esther-Blondin, Daniel Audette!" The crowd once again erupts, and the younger Audette walks up to meet his father, and his new team. He receive his jersey, then proceeds to tell TVA Sports how happy he is to be a Rempart. "This is something you dream about. My father has coached me all the way up in minor hockey, and now he will be coaching me in the Q! Not to mention I'm playing in the best rink, and for the best fans in the league. Another bonus is that my good friend Alex is here as well!" Mr. Roux filled us in on him as well. "Daniel is an electric player, and every time you watch him, your waiting for him to make a move, and when he does it's jaw dropping. He is more or less a lock to play this year, and we expect a lot of him." The Remparts didn't pick again until the second round at 26th overall. In the following rounds, the teams will not be going up to the stage, and interviews will not be conducted. The Remparts selected goaltender Mason McDonald of Halifax with the pick, and with the 28th pick they selected Raphael Maheux of Ulysse Prep. "Both of these men have a very solid opportunity to make our team this season, and both are promising young men." Roux said. In rounds three and four, the Remparts made three more picks, selecting defenceman Kevin Laliberté (43), and forwards Timothé Simard (59), and Spencer Smallman (73). "We have a added three more youngsters to the team, and all have the opportunity to make our team, but we won't be disappointed if they don't. They'll at the very least make camp more competitive." Roux said. The Remparts then topped of their draft, selecting Tristan Pomerleau, Nathan Yetman, and Bokondiji Imama, with their remaining picks. Roux said that these players will probably be better off playing another midget year, but they have a chance to make it. "These three guys all are probably going back to midget, but they definitely have the potential to change our thoughts. We are going to have a very, very competitive training camp." The Remparts added both fire power and depth today, and all fans are happy with the selections.

Old
03-23-2013, 11:30 AM
CrazyPucker27

IMPACT PLAYERS GAINED

Not only did the Remparts already fill their overage spots, they reunited three sets of brothers and a father and son. In the first set of players traded back from the dispersal draft, the Remparts added the core to their team. They added overagers Ian Saab, Sawyer Hannay, Stefan Fournier, and Cédrick Henley. One of those players will be released after training camp. The team has also added Stefan's brother Dillon, Cédrick's brother Samuel, and the Brouillard brothers, Marc-Olivier, and Nikolas. Saab, Hannay, Dillon Fournier, and Nikolas Brouillard all play defence, and the Henley's, Stefan Fournier, and Marc-Olivier Brouillard are all forwards. The big fish the team acquired though, was assistant coach Stéphane Matteau's son, Stefan Matteau. All 9 players bring an impressive presence to the team, and are the first veterans on the young squad. "All of these players are integral to our success here in Quebec," said assistant coach Donald Audette. "Our team is going to be close as well, with lots of family members playing together, and being coached by one another."

Old
03-23-2013, 04:15 PM
CrazyPucker27

RUSSIAN BROTHERS

The team has added yet another set of brothers, this time Russians Andrei and Alexei Vasilevski. Andrei is a first round NHL pick, and is 18, while Alexei is undrafted and 19. Andrei is a goaltender and Alexei plays on the point. Andrei is expected to be among the league's best goalies, and Alexei among one of the smartest, most versatile d-men in the league. "We are both very happy to come to Quebec," said Andrei. "We like the city, and Eric (Dubois) told us the crowd is sold out almost every game." Alexei then added, "We also like the fact that we aren't the only brothers here, and we will be almost like a big family here. We cannot wait until training camp."

Old
03-23-2013, 04:19 PM
CrazyPucker27

TEAM ADDS 6

The team has added 6 new players, 4 being forwards, and 2 goaltenders. JC Laflamme, Erik Robichaud, Ross Johnston, and Jack Nevins, Simon Bergeron, and Anthony Terenzio have joined the Remparts recently. "For the forwards, they all bring element to their games that we like, and will need this year, and the goalies will battle along with Mason (McDonald) for the back-up position." GM Pierre Roux said.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:08 PM
CrazyPucker27

REMPS MAKE FINAL SIGNINGS

The Remparts have come to terms with defensemen Alexandre Chénier-Allard, Skyler Spiller, and Dominic Talbot-Tassi. The team has also signed depth forwards Mackenzie Brown, Robert Davis, Stephen Johnson, Alexandre Grandmaison, Mason Gray, Samuel Landry, Carl Marois, Andrew Meredith, Devon Oliver-Dares, and Alex Pawelczyk. "These guys will help make training camp competitive. Some will in fact crack the roster, but in depth roles." said Head Coach Eric Dubois. This completely fills up the slots for training camp. Camp will consist of 3 intersquad games, and a home and home exhibition series against the Shawinigan Cataractes.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:25 PM
CrazyPucker27

TEAM AUDETTE VS TEAM MATTEAU SET TO BATTLE

Assistant coaches Donald Audette and Stéphane Matteau will be the coaches of the teams playing inter-squad games in training camp. They are both split from their sons however, says head coach Eric Dubois. "This will be fun for everyone included, players, coaches, fans and even Pierre (Roux) and myself, who will be watching from the stands." Donald's son Daniel is on Stéphane's team, and Stéphane's son Stefan will be on Donald's team. Rosters are as following:

Team Audette (Red)

Forwards
8, Stefan Matteau LW
9, Cédrick Henley C "A"
10, Samuel Henley LW "A"
11, Ross Johnston LW
12, JC Laflamme RW
14, Devon Oliver-Dares RW
15, Mackenzie Brown, RW
16, Spencer Smallman RW
17, Carl Marois, C
18, Robert Davis LW
19, Andrew Meredith, C
20, Nathan Yetman, C

Defence
2, Dominic Talbot-Tassi D
3, Raphael Maheux D
4, Ian Saab D "A"
5, Dillon Fournier D
6, Tristan Pomerleau D
7, Alexei Vasilevski D

Goalies
1, Mason McDonald G
30, Anthony Terenzio G

Team Matteau (White)

Forwards
8, Daniel Audette C
9, Erik Robichaud C
10, Marc-Olivier Brouillard RW "A"
11, Stefan Fournier RW "A"
12, Jack Nevins LW
14, Bokondiji Imama LW
15, Timothé Simard RW
16, Alexandre Grandmaison LW
17, Samuel Landry, C
18, Stephen Johnson RW
19, Mason Gray, C
20, Alex Pawelczyk LW

Defence
2, Alexandre Chénier-Allard D
3, Kevin Laliberté D
4, Skyler Spiller D
5, Sawyer Hannay D "A"
6, Nikolas Brouillard
7, Alexandre Carrier D

Goalies
1, Simon Bergeron G
30, Andrei Vasilevski G

Old
03-24-2013, 03:50 PM
CrazyPucker27

TEAM AUDETTE STEALS FIRST GAME

Game score: 5-2 W for Team Audette

The scorers: Team Audette- D. Oliver-Dares (2), A. Vasilevski, J. Laflamme, C. Marois. Team Matteau- S. Landry, S. Johnson

Assists: Team Audette- S. Matteau (2), I. Saab, C. Henley, C. Marois, R. Johnston. Team Matteau- N/A

Shots: Team Audette-18 Team Matteau-20

Penalties: Team Audette- C. Henley 2 mins High-sticking, S. Henley 5 mins Fighting, R. Davis 5 mins Fighting. Team Matteau- S. Hannay 4 mins Unsportsmanlike, S. Hannay 5 mins Fighting, S. Fournier 5 mins Fighting.

Hits: Team Audette- 12. Team Matteau- 14. Leaders- (Team Audette)- S. Henley w/ 3.(Team Matteau)- S. Fournier/S. Hannay w/ 3.

3 Stars: 1. Oliver-Dares (Audette) 2. Marois (Audette) 3. Johnson (Matteau)

Analysis:

In a spirited match, where we saw 7 goals, 2 fights, and various big hits, Team Audette took it to Team Matteau winning 5-2. The game was close, and emotions often boiled over. Alexei Vasilevski, who scored on his brother Andrei, had this to say about the game, "It was very competitive, and I'm glad my team got the win. I also scored on my little brother, so there's some bragging rights, although he did rob me too." he then smiled, and walked off. First star Devon Oliver-Dares impressed the coaches with his 2 goal effort, and had this to say, "I played hard, and when you're playing with Matteau, how can you not score," he laughs. "I'm just going to keep on keeping on, and hope that I crack the roster." Head coach Eric Dubois told us his thoughts about today as well. "It was a good game, lots of nice plays, and very physical. Standouts for me were Oliver-Dares, Simard, and Laliberté, among all bubble players."

Old
03-24-2013, 04:39 PM
CrazyPucker27

TEAM AUDETTE SNAGS ANOTHER

Game score: 3-2 OT W for Team Audette

The scorers: Team Audette- R. Johnston, J. Laflamme, S. Henley (OTW). Team Matteau- M. Brouillard, B. Imama.

Assists: Team Audette- J. Laflamme, R. Johnston Team Matteau- A. Carrier, S. Fournier

Shots: Team Audette- 14 Team Matteau- 18

Penalties: Team Audette- R. Davis 4 mins Unsportsmanlike + 5 mins for Fighting, S. Henley 2 mins for Interference, C. Henley 5 mins for Fighting. Team Matteau- A. Pawelczyk 5 mins for Fighting, J. Nevins 5 mins for Fighting.

Hits: Team Audette-29 Team Matteau-14 Leaders- (Team Audette)- S. Matteau w/ 6 (Team Matteau)- S. Spiller w/ 3.

3 Stars: 1. R. Johnston 2. J. Laflamme 3. S. Henley

Analysis:
In an OT thriller, Team Matteau dominated in puck possession, and Team Audette dominated the physical side of things. Team Audette's Stefan Matteau completely dominated the game, throwing his body around, and nearly impossible to knock off the puck, although he didn't get any points. Andrei Vasilevski, isn't happy the way he and his team are playing. "We aren't playing good. We are fighting for spots on the team and we aren't proving ourselves right now. I am sorry to my team, my coaches, and all the fans for my horrible play so far as well." 1st star of the game Ross Johnston likes the amount of respect getting earned on the ice thus far. "We've seen a couple fights so far, and lots of big hits. Whenever you go in the corner you gotta know there is someone coming at you willing to sacrifice their body just to win puck battles. This is how camp should be, and it's a great time." Head coach Eric Dubois, was both impressed and dissatisfied with his veteran players. "Some of them are playing great, hitting, fighting, scoring, but some are just taking it easy out there, giving the puck away, leaving the open man all alone, and not making an effort physically." He noted some players that impressed him today as well, "For bubble players, Bokondiji Imama, Skyler Spiller, and Raphael Maheux were the most impressive." Next game is tomorrow night at the Colisée.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:14 PM
CrazyPucker27

BRING OUT THE BROOMS

Game score: 6-2 W for Team Audette

The scorers: Team Audette- J. Laflamme (2), D. Oliver-Dares (2), R. Davis, S. Smallman. Team Matteau- A. Grandmaison, K. Laliberté.

Assists: Team Audette- C. Henley (2), T. Pomerleau (2), S. Henley, M. Brown, N. Yetman, S. Matteau, R. Maheux. Team Matteau- E. Robichaud.

Shots: Team Audette-20 Team Matteau-20

Penalties: Team Audette- S. Henley 2 mins for Tripping. Team Matteau- None.

Hits: Team Audette-22 Team Matteau-12 Leaders- (Team Audette)- S. Matteau w/ 5. (Team Matteau)- S. Hannay w/ 4.

3 Stars: 1. J. Laflamme 2. D. Oliver-Dares 3. R. Davis

Analysis:
Yet another physical tilt played between the two teams saw Team Audette dominate Team Matteau. Physically and on the scoreboard, it was a onesided game. Stefan Matteau, who led Team Audette with 5 hits, is a man amongst boys on the ice, says head coach Eric Dubois. "He just overpowers everybody. He'll be getting lots of icetime this year, and it sure as hell isn't because his father is a coach." Eric Dubois has also been really impressed with the chemistry he has formed with Devon Oliver-Dares. "They see each other all the time out there, and they seem to be good buddies too. If Devon makes the team, you'll see them playing together for sure." Cuts are expected to be made soon tonight, before the Remparts head to Shawinigan for an exhibition game, then head back here for another.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
CrazyPucker27

CUTS MADE, + 2 TRADES

The Quebec Remparts have sent Carl Marois, Mackenzie Brown, Tristan Pomerleau, and Simon Bergeron back to their respective Midget AAA club, and Dominic Talbot-Tassi, Andrew Meredith, Mason Gray, and Alex Pawelczyk back to their respective Junior A clubs. The Remparts have also dealt the Fournier brothers, Dillon, to Baie-Comeau, along with a second round pick, for forward Jérémy Grégoire, and Stefan, and Stephen Johnson to Shawinigan for Dylan Labbé, and Shawinigan's second. GM Pierre Roux explains the reasoning behind this deal, "Stefan, Dillon, and Stephen are all great kids, and great hockey players. They weren't playing as expected in the exhibition series, and I think this sends a message to our team that anyone can be dealt. We wish nothing but the best of luck to the three of these men." Dillon is already on his way to Baie-Comeau, and Stephen on his way to Shawinigan, but Stefan was available for comment. "It's kind of disheartening, really. I was really excited to play for the Remparts, and with Dil, but now I don't get to do either. I wish my old team the best of luck, and I'm happy to go to Shawi." Jérémy and Dylan (Labbé), will both be in the line-up for tomorrow's game in Shawinigan.

Last edited by CrazyPucker27: 03-25-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
CrazyPucker27

HEADING TO SHAWI

The Remps are on the road to Shawinigan to play a pre-season game against the Cataractes. Here are the lines the team skated in at the pre-game skate:

---------------------------------------
Nevins-Robichaud-Grégoire
Imama-Audette-OliverDares
Davis-Yetman-Simard
Grandmaison-Landry-Smallman

C. Henley, S. Henley, and M. Brouillard, S. Matteau, J. Laflamme, R. Johnston
Carrier-Spiller
Labbé-ChénierAllard
Laliberté-Maheux

S. Hannay, N. Brouillard, I. Saab, A. Vasilevski
McDonald
Terenzio

A. Vasilevski

Last edited by CrazyPucker27: 03-25-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 07:27 PM
CrazyPucker27

I'm not sure if anyone is following along... But my xbox froze in the middle of a game, and my rosters and stuff got erased. I'm making a new one soon, probably new team too. Might be as soon as tonight