HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros line???

View Poll Results: What will happen to the Lindros line?
Best line this year 2 7.69%
always second string to nedved's 11 42.31%
sather will move players on it around all year and f everything up 13 50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2003, 11:39 AM
ihatenewjersey

vCash: 500
Lindros line???

whats the thoughts on this line, will sather show patience

Old
09-21-2003, 11:53 AM
Fletch

Sather...patient?

I doubt it. If it doesn't work, look for Carter and Kovalev to flip-flop, thus making Lindros' line the top line (whatever line Kovalev is on is the line the other teams will focus their defensive efforts).

Old
09-21-2003, 12:39 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Well we have to accomodate our franchise center so unless the nedved,hlvac,kovalev line really lights the world on fire, they need to make lindros look good.

Old
09-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Well we have to accomodate our franchise center so unless the nedved,hlvac,kovalev line really lights the world on fire, they need to make lindros look good.
yeah because sather really went out of his way last season to make lindros look good. i mean playing him with a checking center really really was a good move for lindros. enough is enough. last year at this time it was nedved sucks and we have to get rid of nedved. this year its lindros. arent players allowed to have a bad season?

Old
09-21-2003, 03:37 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
yeah because sather really went out of his way last season to make lindros look good. i mean playing him with a checking center really really was a good move for lindros. enough is enough. last year at this time it was nedved sucks and we have to get rid of nedved. this year its lindros. arent players allowed to have a bad season?
Well lets see we moved him to the RW, then this summer we went out and got a 16 goal scorer to make him feel more comfortable, you know the minute he falters a winger is gonna be moved up help him and the difference between him and Nedved is hustle. Nedved did everything he did last year without the help lindros got. for christ's sake they started him a winger. And lindros had a ton of icetime dumped on in an effort to get him going which NEVER happend.

As for this summer, while still fairly young, lindros looks like a shell out there. in every sense of the word he looks lost.

And you act like playing him with a checking center wasnt undeserved. The fact that he is supposed to be the top line center is more disturbing to me than the fact that they even had to move a checking center in the first place.

I never felt nedved sucked and never demanded his trade.

Yes players are allowed to have bad seasons but the ONLY signs of life lindros has shown was right after bure was acquired which was 15 months ago.

I am not ready to run lindros out of town but there is we are def. at the point where we have to start getting alarmed. And with the way this team is run, we all know that a few good lines risk getting split up in an effort to get lindros going.

The difference between a good team and a bad team? You're "best" player makes the players around him better not the other way around.

Old
09-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Barnaby

At least his contract runs out after this season. If he looks like he did last year, then we can dump him and his salary.Hopefully him fighting tonight was a sign that hes gonna start playing a touger game, but I wouldn't count on it...

Old
09-21-2003, 07:10 PM
Dorthmall

Send a message via AIM to Dorthmall
Anyway, back to the topic.

I think Sathers should keep the line together for a little longer to see if they'll develop some chemistry. Give it about 15 games and if they don't work out, then maybe try someone else there.

Old
09-22-2003, 12:55 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Three forwards all struggling with consistency the past few years, sounds exciting.

Never a big fan of Carter, but he's the most consistent of the three, which doesnt say much.

Closed Thread