HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Exhibition • Dec. 22 • Finland vs. United States • 6:10 AM ET • 12:10 CET • 13:10 EET

Closed Thread

Old
12-25-2012, 05:52 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
His skating/puck moving ability has looked fine to me this year with Michigan.
Agreed. His skating looks much better than the usual big hitting-type has.

Old
12-25-2012, 06:46 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Trouba or Pietila were hands down the best players for US on that game. Seth Jones has a booming shot and he made a couple of nice rushes with the puck. He definitely is faster than I expected, but he didn't really deserve the MVP. Still needs to develop defensively and he took a stupid penalty as well.

Trouba, on the other hand, was scary. I remember thinking "why didn't Wild draft him instead of Dumba" every time he was on the ice. Couple of good, clean hits and decent defensively, although he needs to improve on his positioning. A- from me. Pietila and his line was, surprisingly, the biggest threat to Finland. Galchenyuk was almost invisible, I didn't really notice him all game. Lucia seemed to only get ice time on the PK, and didn't really stand out. He was solid in his limited role, but needs to put up a few pounds. I've rarely seen a hockey player as lanky as he is.

Old
12-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Trouba or Pietila were hands down the best players for US on that game. Seth Jones has a booming shot and he made a couple of nice rushes with the puck. He definitely is faster than I expected, but he didn't really deserve the MVP. Still needs to develop defensively and he took a stupid penalty as well.

Trouba, on the other hand, was scary. I remember thinking "why didn't Wild draft him instead of Dumba" every time he was on the ice. Couple of good, clean hits and decent defensively, although he needs to improve on his positioning. A- from me. Pietila and his line was, surprisingly, the biggest threat to Finland. Galchenyuk was almost invisible, I didn't really notice him all game. Lucia seemed to only get ice time on the PK, and didn't really stand out. He was solid in his limited role, but needs to put up a few pounds. I've rarely seen a hockey player as lanky as he is.
The penalty that I remember Jones taking was neither stupid nor was it even a penalty. He barely made contact with the other players stick.

Old
12-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
The penalty that I remember Jones taking was neither stupid nor was it even a penalty. He barely made contact with the other players stick.
It wasn't necessary though, was it?

Old
12-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
It wasn't necessary though, was it?
They were both going into the boards for a puck and Jones stick basically glanced off the Finnish players stick. It was neither necessary nor unnecessary because it was an innocuous play that really would have been completely unnoticeable except for a really bad call by the referee.

Old
12-25-2012, 07:05 PM
hirawl
Used Register

vCash: 400
Trouba was the best player on ice in that game. Well of the Americans he was. Barkov was thee best just because his very obvious hockey IQ. Finnish coaching staff probably went to him to find out what was really going on in that game.

Trouba was still awesome. Could be that he was maybe playing more with an agenda than the others (it was a slow paced and not a very good hockey game) but anyhow he was just great. And he gave a ****. Jones was good too but at times he looked just a bit uninterested.

Not the best game to analyse anything.

Sweden vs. Canada was much better as a hockey game but just as useless for analysing purposes. It was just a high paced coast-to-coast type of thingy.

Closed Thread