HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #13 - Bears 9-6 ,, Need win + Packers help for playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 10:28 AM
RayFIN
Registered PST

vCash: 50
Isn't Billick a guy who wants to just pound the ball on the ground? Not a fan if that's the case, in a passing league.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:33 AM
digdug41982

Billick is a massive improvement over Lovie in intelligence and ability to identify a good coaching staff alone. For those reasons, there is no question I fire Lovie to open up the spot for Billick. That being said, he still wouldn't be my first choice. I'm not even sure that I have one right now, but he is a good coach and would help the offense a lot. He would also bring in very good coaches.

2 biggest weaknesses of the Bears coaching staff right now IMO:

-Head coach intelligence level (clock management, play calling)
-Offensive coaching

Old
12-27-2012, 10:34 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Isn't Billick a guy who wants to just pound the ball on the ground? Not a fan if that's the case, in a passing league.
When they have nothing else but garbage on offense except for the RB and O-line, yeah. But this is a guy who orchestrated one of the greatest offenses in NFL history when it wasn't a passing league, ahead of his time.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Billick is a massive improvement over Lovie in intelligence and ability to identify a good coaching staff alone. For those reasons, there is no question I fire Lovie to open up the spot for Billick. That being said, he still wouldn't be my first choice. I'm not even sure that I have one right now, but he is a good coach and would help the offense a lot. He would also bring in very good coaches.

2 biggest weaknesses of the Bears coaching staff right now IMO:

-Head coach intelligence level (clock management, play calling)
-Offensive coaching
If he's so good at identifying a good coaching staff, why did his team not make the playoffs and why did he get fired? He had 4 playoff wins in his 2nd year when he had a once in a generation defense handed to him. After that he had 1 playoff win in 7 seasons and was fired after going 5-11 in his last season. I'd much rather hire a young OC from somewhere than some retread who wasn't that successful in the first place.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:44 AM
digdug41982

They made some bad personnel moves (letting Jamal Lewis walk), just had a bad season. If he had Lovie's slack, he'd still be coaching them this Sunday.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
They made some bad personnel moves (letting Jamal Lewis walk), just had a bad season. If he had Lovie's slack, he'd still be coaching them this Sunday.
2 of his last 3 seasons he had 6 wins or less. Lovie has done that once, and it was in his first season. Lovie's record would look even better if Cutler doesn't go down last year and miss 6 games.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:05 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
2 of his last 3 seasons he had 6 wins or less. Lovie has done that once, and it was in his first season. Lovie's record would look even better if Cutler doesn't go down last year and miss 6 games.
What makes you think we wouldn't have lost 4 or 5 of those 6 games anyway? And as far as Billick having worse non-playoff seasons, I don't see why that matters. Frankly, we're better off getting a high pick if we're not going to make the playoffs. Billick is not the same as Lovie. Lovie brings in his friends, Billick brings in some of the best he can find. I'm interested to see what Billick does at this next stop, whether it be here or somewhere else. The offense would improve a lot with him and he'd bring in an excellent defensive coaching staff (as well as offense and special teams). At least you know what you are getting.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
What makes you think we wouldn't have lost 4 or 5 of those 6 games anyway? And as far as Billick having worse non-playoff seasons, I don't see why that matters. Frankly, we're better off getting a high pick if we're not going to make the playoffs. Billick is not the same as Lovie. Lovie brings in his friends, Billick brings in some of the best he can find. I'm interested to see what Billick does at this next stop, whether it be here or somewhere else. The offense would improve a lot with him and he'd bring in an excellent defensive coaching staff (as well as offense and special teams). At least you know what you are getting.
Because those teams were awful. They lost to Oakland by 5, KC by 7 (10-3!), and Denver in OT (ugh). I think all of those are wins for sure. Probably still lose to Green Bay but I think they beat Seattle. Hannie gave that game away in the 2nd half.

Old
12-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Billick wouldn't be my first choice too... but we could do worse. What we do know is that we won't win anything with Lovie. What we don't know is if we could win with Billick

Old
12-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

vCash: 302
Quote:
You honestly dont think with Cutler last year we beat Denver , Oakland and KC?

All 3 games were lost partially or 100% on the shoulder of Caleb Hanie

Vs Raider Hanie was brutal with several brutal INT's (several put Raiders in FG range from start of there drives)....... Bears D didn't give up a TD in game but Bears lost because of how awful Caleb Hanie was

Vs Chiefs the Bears D gave up a fluke hail mary TD ,,,,,, Hanie had 3 INT's and 11 completions as the Bears lost to Tyler Palko and Chiefs 10-3

Vs Broncos the Bears had nearly 150 yds rushing ,, But Hanie was brutal all day (no picks luckily that day). Bears D faltered in final minutes after spending majority of game (As they did the weeks before) on field

Old
12-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

Billick was the big star OC in Minny ,, He went to Baltimore and won a SB on back of one of greatest defenses in history

His offenses in Baltimore were always poor and his player development on offensive side of ball was terrible (Boller and Redman both failed to develop at QB under him)

I think Billick should get another shot at NFL job ,, But I dont want it to be on Bears

Old
12-27-2012, 12:24 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You honestly dont think with Cutler last year we beat Denver , Oakland and KC?

All 3 games were lost partially or 100% on the shoulder of Caleb Hanie

Vs Raider Hanie was brutal with several brutal INT's (several put Raiders in FG range from start of there drives)....... Bears D didn't give up a TD in game but Bears lost because of how awful Caleb Hanie was

Vs Chiefs the Bears D gave up a fluke hail mary TD ,,,,,, Hanie had 3 INT's and 11 completions as the Bears lost to Tyler Palko and Chiefs 10-3

Vs Broncos the Bears had nearly 150 yds rushing ,, But Hanie was brutal all day (no picks luckily that day). Bears D faltered in final minutes after spending majority of game (As they did the weeks before) on field
I saw the games. I'm just not one of those people that give Lovie credit for good things that never even happened while making excuses the bad things that did. It's an old and tired act.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Seabrook = Thief

Today in Jetland

McElroy has concussion ,, Tebow again passed over

Sanchez back in as Jets starting QB to finish season

Jet fans cant wait for nightmare season to end

Old
12-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Cullksinikers

The Jets made their own bed, and it is ever fun to watch them sleep in it.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:44 PM
RayFIN
Registered PST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
The Jets made their own bed, and it is ever fun to watch them sleep in it.
One of the many things I'll miss in the coming seasons.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Cullksinikers

Richard Sherman won his appeal. Thanks for starting a trend, Ryan Braun. Such arrogant tools.

Old
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
RayFIN
Registered PST

Quote:
Richard Sherman won his appeal. Thanks for starting a trend, Ryan Braun. Such arrogant tools.
All I saw was that Sherman said there was a mess up in the chain of custody in regards to his sample. Not disagreeing, but just don't know all the facts... but how does that make Sherman and Braun a tool?

Old
12-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
All I saw was that Sherman said there was a mess up in the chain of custody in regards to his sample. Not disagreeing, but just don't know all the facts... but how does that make Sherman and Braun a tool?
I've always thought Braun was a ****, and I just think Sherman is a tool in general.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:17 PM
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo

vCash: 2660
Sherman's a tool, but I like him.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Because they got off due to a technicality, not because their **** wasn't hot.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Illinihockey

I hate the Lions so much, I'd love for the Bears to steamroll them this Sunday. Delmas and Pettigrew didn't practice today. May not play Sunday.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:21 PM
RayFIN
Registered PST

Quote:
I've always thought Braun was a ****, and I just think Sherman is a tool in general.
gotcha

Quote:
Because they got off due to a technicality, not because their **** wasn't hot.
I'd have done the same damn thing if I could have.

Quote:
I hate the Lions so much, I'd love for the Bears to steamroll them this Sunday. Delmas and Pettigrew didn't practice today. May not play Sunday.
Any reason why? They've been so bad for so long they're hard to even hate. I also love them being stuck with Stafford as their guy. He is so overrated and they'll never win anything with him and those terrible sidearmed throws.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:

I'd have done the same damn thing if I could have.

Any reason why? They've been so bad for so long they're hard to even hate. I also love them being stuck with Stafford as their guy. He is so overrated and they'll never win anything with him and those terrible sidearmed throws.
I would have too, but you asked why people don't like him and Braun....thats why. They cheated and will not be punished and it pisses people off.

As to the Lions, I hate them because they are a dirty team filled full of bad guys and that goes all the way up to their pudwhack head coach.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:30 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
As to the Lions, I hate them because they are a dirty team filled full of bad guys and that goes all the way up to their pudwhack head coach.
Yeah, they're a really easy group to hate.

They're basically the Canucks, minus the ability to win a conference anytime soon.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:43 PM
RayFIN
Registered PST

Quote:
I would have too, but you asked why people don't like him and Braun....thats why. They cheated and will not be punished and it pisses people off.

Yeah, I hear you... I guess part of me looks at the NFL for being complete morons with that even being an option for an outcome.

Hate Schwartz's guts. Same with Suh, and am very happy to see Suh not really playing that great since his rookie year.

Closed Thread