Notices

General OT Thread #25: Rock Out With Your Lock Out

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Avder
Animated to Explode

vCash: 64
I've worn glasses since the 3rd grade and my vision still has not stabilized. If not for polycarbonate lenses, I would literally be wearing coke bottles on my face. That's how bad my eyes are.

Also, I have different prescriptions for each of my eyes. So it is not uncommon for that to happen.

Also because of that, it makes it a little difficult for me to focus properly sometimes because different prescriptions means my eyes see things just differently enough to make my brains 3d-image processing go *pptthhhhh!*.

Also my right eye is just totally terrible. The way I described it to my eye doc is that with my left eye, I'm seeing in HD, while with my right eye I'm barely getting to standard def.

Why is it this way? Well I had lazy eye as a kid that wasn't caught until I was in 9th grade and by the time they had corrected it, those particular neural pathways were just kinda blah.

Also because of that, I have what is called cross dominance. I am right handed but left eyed. So if I ever want to learn how to shoot a gun I have to decide if I want to aim with my good hand and bad eye, or my good eye and bad hand. Should be fun!

Old
01-11-2013, 02:41 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post

Also because of that, I have what is called cross dominance. I am right handed but left eyed. So if I ever want to learn how to shoot a gun I have to decide if I want to aim with my good hand and bad eye, or my good eye and bad hand. Should be fun!
Eh. Im right handed and dont have any trouble shooting left handed. Hell, my right arm has more muscle on it and im more used to holding stuff with it so i can usually actually hold the rifle pressed against my left shoulder longer without getting tired than doing the same with my right shoulder.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:43 PM
TheeNorthStar
Ok, dis hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Rinks are already trashed.
If there was any doubt yesterday... There is non today. Rinks are obliterated. :/

Looks like we'll have to wait for another 5day + cold stretch to have them restored

Old
01-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Janne Ahonen makes a comeback, aims at Sochi 2014.

For the ones (most people here) who don't know him, he's widely considered the greatest ski jumper of all time. They [ski jumpers] are widely called "slope eagles" in Finland, well, everyone apart from Janne. He is, and always will be, the "king eagle", "kuningaskotka".

Now, feel free to return to your scheduled nonsense.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
I've worn glasses since the 3rd grade and my vision still has not stabilized. If not for polycarbonate lenses, I would literally be wearing coke bottles on my face. That's how bad my eyes are.

Also, I have different prescriptions for each of my eyes. So it is not uncommon for that to happen.

Also because of that, it makes it a little difficult for me to focus properly sometimes because different prescriptions means my eyes see things just differently enough to make my brains 3d-image processing go *pptthhhhh!*.

Also my right eye is just totally terrible. The way I described it to my eye doc is that with my left eye, I'm seeing in HD, while with my right eye I'm barely getting to standard def.

Why is it this way? Well I had lazy eye as a kid that wasn't caught until I was in 9th grade and by the time they had corrected it, those particular neural pathways were just kinda blah.

And here I was, thinking I'm the only one. Right handed, left eyed bros unite.

If you want some comfort, I'm quite a good shot despite my cross dominance. I can hit a target 25 cm (10 inches) in diameter from 150 meters (500 feet) using an RK 95 Tp* with ease. Proper body positioning, alignment and breathing is far more important than eyesight when it comes to marksmanship.

*Known as M95 outside Finland. A modified AK-47 with a foldable butt stock.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
I'm with you guys on this too.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
01-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

I have 20-15 vision which I never take for granted because I know how much I would hate glasses/contacts. As is the case with most things though, it all evens out because I have absolutely terrible hearing. I was the only kid who would fail those stupid beeping hearing tests in elementary school.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
I have 20-15 vision which I never take for granted because I know how much I would hate glasses/contacts. As is the case with most things though, it all evens out because I have absolutely terrible hearing. I was the only kid who would fail those stupid beeping hearing tests in elementary school.
I have always scored perfectly on those, which is strange because I don't consider my hearing to be very good.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:53 PM
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd

Quote:
Yeah I have that too. I hold a bow or a slingshot with my right arm but I'm right-handed. Took me a while before I noticed I do it soufpaw.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Dubay is back on the radio - taking over as Zulgad's co-host 9-noon on 1500.

http://www.minnpost.com/braublog/201...0-espn-co-host

Old
01-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Dubay is back on the radio - taking over as Zulgad's co-host 9-noon on 1500.

http://www.minnpost.com/braublog/201...0-espn-co-host
Wow I just read up on him and didn't realize how bad it had gotten. The whole brother-wife thing is a nightmare, I'm not giving him an excuse but I think most people would act hysterically if that happened to them.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Never listened to him with PA, didn't really get into sports talk until shortly after he was fired.

Good for him.

Reading those articles, that's just frightening. And a really sad story.

So extra good for him. And I hope he makes the best of his second chance. Really do.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:30 PM
rafterman

vCash: 50
Yup, good for him. Good to hear he's getting back on track.

But that also means I need to find something new to listen to during that time as I just can't stand listening to him - too much of a homer and he always sounds as if he just slammed 3 pots of coffee, 8 packages of pixie sticks and is starting in on the cotton candy and M&M's. He has one speed and one volume.

Oh well, guess it's back to music in the morning.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Wild48
Ski U Mah

Quote:
This is all the evidence that I need that we are all gopher clones.

I am also left eye dominant but right handed.

Old
01-11-2013, 07:32 PM
rafterman

vCash: 50
I'm right eye dominant, write and eat left handed, but consider my right hand and arm as my strong and more coordinated side.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:34 AM
Avder
Animated to Explode

Quote:

If you want some comfort, I'm quite a good shot despite my cross dominance. I can hit a target 25 cm (10 inches) in diameter from 150 meters (500 feet) using an RK 95 Tp* with ease. Proper body positioning, alignment and breathing is far more important than eyesight when it comes to marksmanship.

*Known as M95 outside Finland. A modified AK-47 with a foldable butt stock.
So I take it you shoot right and aim with your bad eye? Your vision in it probably not as bad as mine is. I was not joking when I said I see in HD with my left eye, but my right eye is barely pushing standard def.

Quote:
Actually my good ear is my left ear too. I have pretty bad tinnitus in my right ear and also weaker overall hearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpuppysyndrome View Post
Yeah I have that too. I hold a bow or a slingshot with my right arm but I'm right-handed. Took me a while before I noticed I do it soufpaw.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
This is all the evidence that I need that we are all gopher clones.

I am also left eye dominant but right handed.
Well god damn. We really are gopher clones, right down to right hand, left eye dominance.

Frickin scary, man.

Anyhoo.

Ever have one of those nights that makes you tilt your head back and go
?

Cause I have had one of those nights.

I can not post the details here. But trust me... it was nice to say the least.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:55 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder;57466717
[IMG
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/106/887/backpain-1292835351.jpg[/IMG] ?

Sounds like somebody watched the Gophers tonight!

Old
01-12-2013, 01:10 AM
Billy Mays Here*
#Yeolo'd Too Hard

vCash: 827
Quote:
Ugh, tonight's Gopher game made me wanna punch a baby. How can this team beat some of the best team's in the country, then basically crap the bed versus one of the worst team's in the country? The only reason they didn't lose that game was because of the five minute major towards the end of the game.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Ugh, tonight's Gopher game made me wanna punch a baby. How can this team beat some of the best team's in the country, then basically crap the bed versus one of the worst team's in the country? The only reason they didn't lose that game was because of the five minute major towards the end of the game.
Indeed, two points is two points but they have to be majorly disappointed with that effort. The UAA kid essentially won them the game.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:24 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
So I take it you shoot right and aim with your bad eye? Your vision in it probably not as bad as mine is. I was not joking when I said I see in HD with my left eye, but my right eye is barely pushing standard def.
Well, I was wearing glasses. So yes, my vision was probably better than yours. Without glasses I couldn't even see the ****ing numbers next to the targets, so I shot the wrong target on my first shooting range outing.

Quote:
?

Yeah. I slept to 8pm on Friday, missed my planned trip to a friends apartment and as a result, can't get my car fixed this weekend. It's ****ing cold tho, so I'm not too mad about that. Then I got an email from my lawyer, who forwarded me the court decision. Apparently, they found a known liar's story trustworthy, despite the fact that they can't use a fellow suspect's story as evidence. They also found it "highly improbable" that our past feuds affected his story. Yeah. So basically, I was mixed into something I was not part of, and without any evidence other than the fact that I happened to be at the scene of the crime at the time, I was (along with three others) proven guilty.

Not that it matters, because with no previous history, they sentenced me to 5 months of probation. It won't affect my everyday life as I can still travel abroad and stuff but it will sure as hell affect any remaining prospects I've had of getting a job, moving out and actually going forward with my life.

Also, I've stayed up all night because there was no point of going to sleep at 6am when I was tired. Ended up playing NHL 13 and winning the SC for the Wild.

So, aside from the last point, I had a pretty ****ed up day.

Good to hear that you finally managed to turn your luck around tho

Old
01-12-2013, 04:14 AM
Avder
Animated to Explode

Quote:
Gophers game? Hell naw.

However there was a lot of scoring over a 3 hour period.

And now I've probably said too much

Quote:
Well, I was wearing glasses. So yes, my vision was probably better than yours. Without glasses I couldn't even see the ****ing numbers next to the targets, so I shot the wrong target on my first shooting range outing.

Yeah. I slept to 8pm on Friday, missed my planned trip to a friends apartment and as a result, can't get my car fixed this weekend. It's ****ing cold tho, so I'm not too mad about that. Then I got an email from my lawyer, who forwarded me the court decision. Apparently, they found a known liar's story trustworthy, despite the fact that they can't use a fellow suspect's story as evidence. They also found it "highly improbable" that our past feuds affected his story. Yeah. So basically, I was mixed into something I was not part of, and without any evidence other than the fact that I happened to be at the scene of the crime at the time, I was (along with three others) proven guilty.

Not that it matters, because with no previous history, they sentenced me to 5 months of probation. It won't affect my everyday life as I can still travel abroad and stuff but it will sure as hell affect any remaining prospects I've had of getting a job, moving out and actually going forward with my life.

Also, I've stayed up all night because there was no point of going to sleep at 6am when I was tired. Ended up playing NHL 13 and winning the SC for the Wild.

So, aside from the last point, I had a pretty ****ed up day.

Good to hear that you finally managed to turn your luck around tho
Ha, if I take my glasses off I literally can't see anything clearly that's further than 4 inches from my face.

And that sucks that you got stuck with that. Courts seem to care more about conviction rates than actual justice these days, and that's just sad.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

So, we've talked about floorball previously with some other Finns.

Anyone up for actually meeting weekly or so and train and play some floorball? There seem to be half a dozen (according to my calculations) members within 30km from Helsinki. We'd need a place to play in obviously, but aside from that, it shouldn't be impossible to form a small team. Bring your friends if you want, the more the merrier.

As of why I'm asking, well, I'd need to buy a new stick and I'm interested in knowing if I'd actually get to use it or not.

So, anyone interested?

Old
01-12-2013, 11:24 AM
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist

vCash: 102
there is something very "i've got some nice candy in my van" about the Wiggles crew IMO.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:05 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I wish it was colder, then I wouldn't be bored...

Hasn't been a good ODR season..

Old
01-12-2013, 02:43 PM
rynryn
Reluctant Optimist

vCash: 102
Konopka is hilarious. ******* the guy is funny,.

Closed Thread