Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 11:01 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Not encouraged by today's offer? Told my dad who asked why I didn't tell him about new offer, I said I don't give a ******* till they sign on that dotted line.
The league can make offer after offer. Won't matter. The PA doesn't want to make a deal right now.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Sportsfan1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Wild Fan View Post
Got to agree here. For some reason
I get the feeling Fehr is going to comeback with some ********.
Me too, keeps wanting more. With decertify deadline coming in 5 days, which is the REAL deadline to these negotiations though, I wonder if that changes anything, but who even really knows at this point.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Wild48
Our Savior

So this is what... the 5th final offer from Bettman?

Old
12-28-2012, 11:21 PM
Sportsfan1

I'm honestly shocked the NHL moved again, I don't know how you don't cut your losses and take a deal now with 5 days to go.

Old
12-28-2012, 11:38 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Until the players throw "momma" from the train...........

Old
12-29-2012, 12:01 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Anyone here watching the Spengler cup ?

Old
12-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Yes.

You should watch Endras today.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Jbcraig1883

Been doing some reading over the holidays. Just finished another Vince Flynn book. Any of you guys Flynn/Child/Thor readers? I went to Half Price Books yesterday and got a few from each.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:22 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Yes.

You should watch Endras today.
I watched him against Manheim, too bad we don't have his rights anymore.

I still think he can play in the NHL.

Old
12-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
Been doing some reading over the holidays. Just finished another Vince Flynn book. Any of you guys Flynn/Child/Thor readers? I went to Half Price Books yesterday and got a few from each.
I've almost read every single Flynn and Lee Child book...I just borrowed Flynn's newest (The Last Man) and hope to start that soon. Also need to catch up on Child's newest as well...

Btw saw the Jack Reacher movie and even though Tom Cruise plays a character who is supposed to be like 6'6 it's actually a very well done film. Great adaptation of the book. (One Shot).

Old
12-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
My pops loves Vince Flynn's stuff. He actually went to school with the guy. I have been thinking about giving one a try. Is there any actual order or can I start with any book?

Old
12-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
My pops loves Vince Flynn's stuff. He actually went to school with the guy. I have been thinking about giving one a try. Is there any actual order or can I start with any book?
This is what I am using. I started with The Last Man (it was the first one borrowed to me by my family) but just finished American Assassin and will start on Kill Shot. I have been told that the Reacher series are more stand-alone (Dee Oh Cee can correct me if I am wrong) if you prefer to just go grab one from the library.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Someone should make an Aeros GDT.

I won't be able to make it tonight.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Still at work and too far..

Old
12-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
This is what I am using. I started with The Last Man (it was the first one borrowed to me by my family) but just finished American Assassin and will start on Kill Shot. I have been told that the Reacher series are more stand-alone (Dee Oh Cee can correct me if I am wrong) if you prefer to just go grab one from the library.
You're absolutely right about the Reacher series (in it being stand-alone). There is kind of a loose story arc but in general it doesn't matter which order you read them in.

In terms of Vince Flynn (and his protagonist Mitch Rapp) you are definitely reading that series in an interesting way American Assassin and Kill Shot are both (maybe obviously, maybe not) prequels to the main storyline that Flynn has used for the rest of the books..and I thought they were very good.

Edit: You're definitely right about those being first chronologically too...that's a good list to go off of. Flynn's first published book surprisingly didn't feature Rapp as a protagonist (Term Limits) and instead is more of a political novel that uses a congressman as its main character. Good book as well.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
You're absolutely right about the Reacher series (in it being stand-alone). There is kind of a loose story arc but in general it doesn't matter which order you read them in.

In terms of Vince Flynn (and his protagonist Mitch Rapp) you are definitely reading that series in an interesting way American Assassin and Kill Shot are both (maybe obviously, maybe not) prequels to the main storyline that Flynn has used for the rest of the books..and I thought they were very good.

Edit: You're definitely right about those being first chronologically too...that's a good list to go off of. Flynn's first published book surprisingly didn't feature Rapp as a protagonist (Term Limits) and instead is more of a political novel that uses a congressman as its main character. Good book as well.
Yes, I did not plan to start with the last one. I was with family and they gave me that book while I was visiting, haha. So, I know at least one key event that will take place in future books but that's alright.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

In hockey tonight, got tied up and as we're going down I got full on skate blade to the chest, which somehow snuck around the shoulder pads to just kick against the skin. Friggin painful. But I should get a sweet bruise out of it.

Bad news, we're 1-7-1 and I have zero goals on the year. Compared to last year at this time I had 10 goals and we were 4-5.

Old
12-30-2012, 02:22 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
In hockey tonight, got tied up and as we're going down I got full on skate blade to the chest, which somehow snuck around the shoulder pads to just kick against the skin. Friggin painful. But I should get a sweet bruise out of it.

Bad news, we're 1-7-1 and I have zero goals on the year. Compared to last year at this time I had 10 goals and we were 4-5.
That sounds painful...

I once took a Slapshot to the ribs... I turned, it got me dead on, where there was no padding..

I feel your pain, in a way.

Old
12-30-2012, 02:26 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Yes, I did not plan to start with the last one. I was with family and they gave me that book while I was visiting, haha. So, I know at least one key event that will take place in future books but that's alright.
I think the best one is Separation of Power....such a great book. Then again, I feel like most, if not all of the books are incredible....so as you move through the series you should see that they are all great novels.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
I think the best one is Separation of Power....such a great book. Then again, I feel like most, if not all of the books are incredible....so as you move through the series you should see that they are all great novels.
Which one of Child's did you enjoy the best? I don't know if I should just go through all of Flynn's or mix it up a bit.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:31 AM
forthewild

Went to see Las Miserable yesterday.

Let me just say this, save your self the time and money it would take to see that movie its not worth it at all. From the poor casting decisions, the story that goes on and on and on, its just not worth the money.

in other more interesting news 9th day in a row of 12 hr work day is fun....

Old
12-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Which one of Child's did you enjoy the best? I don't know if I should just go through all of Flynn's or mix it up a bit.
Then again maybe I'm thinking of Transfer of Power...they really are hard to keep track of.

Hmm...Again kind of the same situation where I've read most of them but don't remember exactly what each one is about...but some of the most recent ones by Child that I like are 61 Hours, Bad Luck and Trouble, The Affair. Good places to start.

Old
12-30-2012, 02:26 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Made the rounds and got a bunch of growlers from all around the area yesterday. Town Hall even had an Eye of the Storm still left so I picked that up along with a Grinch's Grog and the usual Masala. Productive trip.

Also, Northbound Smokehouse is an awesome spot. Fantastic food, everything I've ever had there has been great. Limited beer selection because they're so new, but the Big Jim IPA is good stuff. Can't wait until they get growlers.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
12-30-2012, 07:25 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Was playing hockey today and my teammates told me that I need to pass more...

It was true for this game. But last week I had like 7 assists...

I started over thinking, made some crap passes, didn't help that they weren't moving.. Turned it around though.

Old
12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Bust.

Closed Thread