HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Afino's 2012-2013 Lockout-Ending OT Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 07:03 PM
AV18

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AV18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
AV, when's the draft tomorrow?
8pm!

Old
01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV18 View Post
8pm!
Awesome. I will be home

Old
01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Alright fitness gurus I need some advice:

I am going to be starting an at home work out routine sometime later this week. My schedule is odd though. I work 2-3 opens (~7-5), 2 closes (2-11) and if I only work 2 opens my fifth day is a mid (~11-8). So I won't really have the ability to work out at the same time every day even though that would be my preference.

My question is will this affect my work our results if my time of working out is varied daily or do I need to bite the bullet and wake up early (~5:30) daily to be able to work out at the same time daily to get better results?
I'm not totally against getting up early minus the mornings after I close. Especially since after working all night it isn't exactly easy to get to sleep right away after getting home.

Congrats!
The actual time doesn't matter as much as getting the workout in. It just seems easier as being creatures of habit to get used to doing it the same time every day.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:28 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Congrats to Cybersabre!!

Old
01-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Shoey
Hello.

Hey, I haven't posted on HFBoards since 2007. I wasn't sure where else to post my monumental return.

Last edited by Shoey: 01-13-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Shoey
Hello.

to give that some perspective, I'm pretty sure Drury and Briere were still on the team.

I kind of read this place all the time, so it makes sense that I actually contribute to the conversation now and again.

Old
01-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

My Congratualtions to CS! May it be a happy one and love-ful and long.

Invite us all

Old
01-13-2013, 08:48 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
I am now engaged to be married to a patient, reasonable and lovely young woman. Hockey's back. It's another beautiful day. All is well.
Congrats

Remember ... when she's happy your happy.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:34 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman Hessian View Post

more information required.....
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my pro dog walker's permit and begin doing that for a living.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:45 PM
cybresabre
March Mighty Elk

vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Also clearly insane to have said "yes" to you

In all seriousness, congrats!
Hey, I didn't say she was smart!

She is, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Congratulations! Have you set a date?
No date yet. The plan is to keep it simple, but our families are enormous (our four pairs of grandparents had 28 kids) and I've been absorbed into two large friend-families so things could easily get pretty chaotic.

Thank you one and all!

Old
01-13-2013, 11:51 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:

She is, though.

No date yet. The plan is to keep it simple, but our families are enormous (our four pairs of grandparents had 28 kids) and I've been absorbed into two large friend-families so things could easily get pretty chaotic.

Thank you one and all!
We aren't your family?

Old
01-14-2013, 02:29 AM
cybresabre
March Mighty Elk

vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgmania View Post
Congratulations, buddy! Best wishes to the both of you!
Thanks, Burg. I saw you on Friday while I was getting gas just off the Pembroke exit of the thruway. I finished up at the pump and was driving away when I saw you. I stopped, open the driver's side door and said "Hey Ryan!" and you just looked at me with a blank stare and said "Huh? Who is Ryan?"

Kinda rude, pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
We aren't your family?
A couple HFers are close. I think I've met about seven of you guys without getting stabbed even once.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Congrats

Remember ... when she's happy your happy.
Never take advice more seriously than the above advice.

Old
01-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Quote:
Thanks, Burg. I saw you on Friday while I was getting gas just off the Pembroke exit of the thruway. I finished up at the pump and was driving away when I saw you. I stopped, open the driver's side door and said "Hey Ryan!" and you just looked at me with a blank stare and said "Huh? Who is Ryan?"

Kinda rude, pal.

A couple HFers are close. I think I've met about seven of you guys without getting stabbed even once.
I think actually it was you I met/saw when that development camp game was happening at FNC. I had the black AGH jersey with a bogus name on it

Old
01-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Never take advice more seriously than the above advice.
Except the grammar. Take the grammar more seriously.

Old
01-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Alright fitness gurus I need some advice:

I am going to be starting an at home work out routine sometime later this week. My schedule is odd though. I work 2-3 opens (~7-5), 2 closes (2-11) and if I only work 2 opens my fifth day is a mid (~11-8). So I won't really have the ability to work out at the same time every day even though that would be my preference.

My question is will this affect my work our results if my time of working out is varied daily or do I need to bite the bullet and wake up early (~5:30) daily to be able to work out at the same time daily to get better results?
I'm not totally against getting up early minus the mornings after I close. Especially since after working all night it isn't exactly easy to get to sleep right away after getting home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
My understanding is science 100% shows it doesn't matter what time of day you eat**, so I assume a similar reasoning for exercise holds, as long as your body rests enough. I am not an exercise guru by any means, but I would recommend setting a schedule that allows you to work out when you will feel relaxed and not rushed, eager to be there and not dreading it, and not trying to "squeeze it in" due to other commitments (job, kid, etc.). If that means you drop a workout from your schedule because it just isn't working for you, so be it. If, on any days, you need to have a more abbreviated workout, make it a cardio, or proportionately greater cardio than muscle. You can always take a half hour to do pushups, etc., at home, and get a mile in. (Advice from someone who doesn't exercise, so take it with grain of salt.)

**e.g., the "don't eat after 7:30 at night" rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
The actual time doesn't matter as much as getting the workout in. It just seems easier as being creatures of habit to get used to doing it the same time every day.
I'm no expert but I agreed with the above. It isn't so much a "when" as it is a question of "if". It may work for you to use the closing days as recovery days (depends on the turn-around in my case back in the day when I was doing those things).

Quote:

She is, though.

Thank you one and all!
26 aunts/uncles? Oh man, you're looking at what, 200-ish relatives then with spouses/kids/grandkids? That doesn't even get into friends. I wonder if you could do a picnic and have Chiavetta's do chicken.

01-14-2013, 09:14 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Weekend was pretty good.

Syracuse game was really good, as most games with 'Nova are. Was a really cool experience at the Dome, good seats down low. Can't imagine how loud that place can get when students are back and it's over 30k attendance wise. Definitely going to be a trip back.

The place we had dinner at was pretty good. Super packed after the game, almost couldn't get a table. (We had reservations for much later, and didn't want to wait 3 hours.) Their specialty that we had gone specifically for wasn't as good as it seemed like it should, but still was worth the stop.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

My meal plan for the next 2+ weeks:

3 Cups of rice (with soy sauce)
1 Multi-vitamin
1 Protein shake (on workout days)

I could diet like a normal person, but ain't nobody got time for that. 700 calories a day, 1100 on workout days. Has a positive side effect of saving me a boatload of money as well.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:54 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
My meal plan for the next 2+ weeks:

3 Cups of rice (with soy sauce)
1 Multi-vitamin
1 Protein shake (on workout days)

I could diet like a normal person, but ain't nobody got time for that. 700 calories a day, 1100 on workout days. Has a positive side effect of saving me a boatload of money as well.
The problem with that is ... You will eventually stop eating like that. It's not a lifestyle change, it's a "diet". You'll just gain the weight back. Try documenting everything you eat and drink. Find a pattern that you can adjust permanently, not temporarily.

Example ...

Breakfast ... Bowl of cereal, fruit
Lunch ... Sub, Pepsi, chips
Dinner ... 12 Raviolis, sauce, 16 oz. iced tea, garlic bread

Adjusted permanently

Breakfast ... Fruit
Lunch ... Half sub, water, baked chips
Dinner ... 8 Raviolis, sauce, 12 oz. iced tea, smaller portion garlic bread

Drink water (flavored or not) throughout the day.

Consume nothing, I mean nothing but water after 8 pm.

Eating somewhat the same thing, smaller portions when you can, substitute healthier choices a couple times a day. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Make it a permanent thing. Or you'll just gain it back unfortunately.

People go wrong with diets. Now if it starts out as a diet and turns into a lifestyle change that's permanent and healthy then great. Problem is a lot of diets aren't giving you full nutrients you need.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

First day of semester. So awkward cause I haven't really figured out my friends' schedules yet. And no ones brave enough to make new friends yet haha

Old
01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Clock

I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things beginning today. I'm going to be working from home for at least the immediate future, so that means I can use my lunch hour to squeeze a workout in without having to worry about being haggard for work afterward. That means it's time for the 'ol chicken boob / tenderloin / protein shake-based plan.

It's January, plenty of time to get back into fighting shape in time for summer, right?

Old
01-14-2013, 11:13 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
The problem with that is ... You will eventually stop eating like that. It's not a lifestyle change, it's a "diet". You'll just gain the weight back. Try documenting everything you eat and drink. Find a pattern that you can adjust permanently, not temporarily.

Example ...

Breakfast ... Bowl of cereal, fruit
Lunch ... Sub, Pepsi, chips
Dinner ... 12 Raviolis, sauce, 16 oz. iced tea, garlic bread

Adjusted permanently

Breakfast ... Fruit
Lunch ... Half sub, water, baked chips
Dinner ... 8 Raviolis, sauce, 12 oz. iced tea, smaller portion garlic bread

Drink water (flavored or not) throughout the day.

Consume nothing, I mean nothing but water after 8 pm.

Eating somewhat the same thing, smaller portions when you can, substitute healthier choices a couple times a day. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Make it a permanent thing. Or you'll just gain it back unfortunately.

People go wrong with diets. Now if it starts out as a diet and turns into a lifestyle change that's permanent and healthy then great. Problem is a lot of diets aren't giving you full nutrients you need.
While I appreciate the input, I'm well aware of what I am doing. I just came out of a bulk with some excess body fat (which is common) and am now going on a quick and dirty cut so I can see the results of my core work. After this two week crash course I'll probably return to a more normal diet of maintenance calories with protein shakes on workout days. I really won't know until these first couple weeks are over.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things beginning today. I'm going to be working from home for at least the immediate future, so that means I can use my lunch hour to squeeze a workout in without having to worry about being haggard for work afterward. That means it's time for the 'ol chicken boob / tenderloin / protein shake-based plan.

It's January, plenty of time to get back into fighting shape in time for summer, right?
If you start now you'll definitely be ahead of the game.

What the hell is chicken boob?

Old
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
If you start now you'll definitely be ahead of the game.

What the hell is chicken boob?
Clock is a breast man.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
My son went with me for a 2-mile jog yesterday. He kept up and I was joking that in no time he'll be out in front of me telling me to pick up the pace. He promptly ran a few strides ahead, turned and said "Come on Dad, pick up the pace!". We both got a good laugh out of it.

Between that and his game against the coaches/parents yesterday, he was complaining of wobbly legs this morning. He was gassed.

Closed Thread