HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Afino's 2012-2013 Lockout-Ending OT Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 07:03 PM
  #726
AV18
Registered User
 
AV18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,644
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AV18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
AV, when's the draft tomorrow?
8pm!

AV18 is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
  #727
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV18 View Post
8pm!
Awesome. I will be home

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
  #728
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Sin City Philippines
Country: United States
Posts: 6,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Alright fitness gurus I need some advice:

I am going to be starting an at home work out routine sometime later this week. My schedule is odd though. I work 2-3 opens (~7-5), 2 closes (2-11) and if I only work 2 opens my fifth day is a mid (~11-8). So I won't really have the ability to work out at the same time every day even though that would be my preference.

My question is will this affect my work our results if my time of working out is varied daily or do I need to bite the bullet and wake up early (~5:30) daily to be able to work out at the same time daily to get better results?
I'm not totally against getting up early minus the mornings after I close. Especially since after working all night it isn't exactly easy to get to sleep right away after getting home.




Congrats!
The actual time doesn't matter as much as getting the workout in. It just seems easier as being creatures of habit to get used to doing it the same time every day.

Old Navy Goat is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:28 PM
  #729
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,620
vCash: 500
Congrats to Cybersabre!!

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:32 PM
  #730
Shoey
Hello.
 
Shoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 544
vCash: 500
Hey, I haven't posted on HFBoards since 2007. I wasn't sure where else to post my monumental return.


Last edited by Shoey: 01-13-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Shoey is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM
  #731
Shoey
Hello.
 
Shoey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 544
vCash: 500
to give that some perspective, I'm pretty sure Drury and Briere were still on the team.

I kind of read this place all the time, so it makes sense that I actually contribute to the conversation now and again.

Shoey is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:47 PM
  #732
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
My Congratualtions to CS! May it be a happy one and love-ful and long.

Invite us all

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 08:48 PM
  #733
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
I am now engaged to be married to a patient, reasonable and lovely young woman. Hockey's back. It's another beautiful day. All is well.
Congrats




Remember ... when she's happy your happy.

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:34 PM
  #734
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific
 
CriminallyVu1gar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman Hessian View Post


more information required.....
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my pro dog walker's permit and begin doing that for a living.

CriminallyVu1gar is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:45 PM
  #735
cybresabre
March Mighty Elk
 
cybreSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wNY
Posts: 7,406
vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Also clearly insane to have said "yes" to you

In all seriousness, congrats!
Hey, I didn't say she was smart!

She is, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Congratulations! Have you set a date?
No date yet. The plan is to keep it simple, but our families are enormous (our four pairs of grandparents had 28 kids) and I've been absorbed into two large friend-families so things could easily get pretty chaotic.

Thank you one and all!

cybresabre is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 11:51 PM
  #736
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
Hey, I didn't say she was smart!

She is, though.


No date yet. The plan is to keep it simple, but our families are enormous (our four pairs of grandparents had 28 kids) and I've been absorbed into two large friend-families so things could easily get pretty chaotic.

Thank you one and all!
We aren't your family?

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 02:29 AM
  #737
cybresabre
March Mighty Elk
 
cybreSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wNY
Posts: 7,406
vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgmania View Post
Congratulations, buddy! Best wishes to the both of you!
Thanks, Burg. I saw you on Friday while I was getting gas just off the Pembroke exit of the thruway. I finished up at the pump and was driving away when I saw you. I stopped, open the driver's side door and said "Hey Ryan!" and you just looked at me with a blank stare and said "Huh? Who is Ryan?"

Kinda rude, pal.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
We aren't your family?
A couple HFers are close. I think I've met about seven of you guys without getting stabbed even once.

cybresabre is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 07:27 AM
  #738
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 20,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Congrats




Remember ... when she's happy your happy.
Never take advice more seriously than the above advice.

Clock is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 07:38 AM
  #739
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
Thanks, Burg. I saw you on Friday while I was getting gas just off the Pembroke exit of the thruway. I finished up at the pump and was driving away when I saw you. I stopped, open the driver's side door and said "Hey Ryan!" and you just looked at me with a blank stare and said "Huh? Who is Ryan?"

Kinda rude, pal.



A couple HFers are close. I think I've met about seven of you guys without getting stabbed even once.
I think actually it was you I met/saw when that development camp game was happening at FNC. I had the black AGH jersey with a bogus name on it

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 08:01 AM
  #740
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Never take advice more seriously than the above advice.
Except the grammar. Take the grammar more seriously.

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 08:08 AM
  #741
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,749
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Alright fitness gurus I need some advice:

I am going to be starting an at home work out routine sometime later this week. My schedule is odd though. I work 2-3 opens (~7-5), 2 closes (2-11) and if I only work 2 opens my fifth day is a mid (~11-8). So I won't really have the ability to work out at the same time every day even though that would be my preference.

My question is will this affect my work our results if my time of working out is varied daily or do I need to bite the bullet and wake up early (~5:30) daily to be able to work out at the same time daily to get better results?
I'm not totally against getting up early minus the mornings after I close. Especially since after working all night it isn't exactly easy to get to sleep right away after getting home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
My understanding is science 100% shows it doesn't matter what time of day you eat**, so I assume a similar reasoning for exercise holds, as long as your body rests enough. I am not an exercise guru by any means, but I would recommend setting a schedule that allows you to work out when you will feel relaxed and not rushed, eager to be there and not dreading it, and not trying to "squeeze it in" due to other commitments (job, kid, etc.). If that means you drop a workout from your schedule because it just isn't working for you, so be it. If, on any days, you need to have a more abbreviated workout, make it a cardio, or proportionately greater cardio than muscle. You can always take a half hour to do pushups, etc., at home, and get a mile in. (Advice from someone who doesn't exercise, so take it with grain of salt.)

**e.g., the "don't eat after 7:30 at night" rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
The actual time doesn't matter as much as getting the workout in. It just seems easier as being creatures of habit to get used to doing it the same time every day.
I'm no expert but I agreed with the above. It isn't so much a "when" as it is a question of "if". It may work for you to use the closing days as recovery days (depends on the turn-around in my case back in the day when I was doing those things).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
Hey, I didn't say she was smart!

She is, though.


No date yet. The plan is to keep it simple, but our families are enormous (our four pairs of grandparents had 28 kids) and I've been absorbed into two large friend-families so things could easily get pretty chaotic.

Thank you one and all!
26 aunts/uncles? Oh man, you're looking at what, 200-ish relatives then with spouses/kids/grandkids? That doesn't even get into friends. I wonder if you could do a picnic and have Chiavetta's do chicken.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 09:14 AM
  #742
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,107
vCash: 500
Weekend was pretty good.

Syracuse game was really good, as most games with 'Nova are. Was a really cool experience at the Dome, good seats down low. Can't imagine how loud that place can get when students are back and it's over 30k attendance wise. Definitely going to be a trip back.

The place we had dinner at was pretty good. Super packed after the game, almost couldn't get a table. (We had reservations for much later, and didn't want to wait 3 hours.) Their specialty that we had gone specifically for wasn't as good as it seemed like it should, but still was worth the stop.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
  #743
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
My meal plan for the next 2+ weeks:

3 Cups of rice (with soy sauce)
1 Multi-vitamin
1 Protein shake (on workout days)

I could diet like a normal person, but ain't nobody got time for that. 700 calories a day, 1100 on workout days. Has a positive side effect of saving me a boatload of money as well.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:54 AM
  #744
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
My meal plan for the next 2+ weeks:

3 Cups of rice (with soy sauce)
1 Multi-vitamin
1 Protein shake (on workout days)

I could diet like a normal person, but ain't nobody got time for that. 700 calories a day, 1100 on workout days. Has a positive side effect of saving me a boatload of money as well.
The problem with that is ... You will eventually stop eating like that. It's not a lifestyle change, it's a "diet". You'll just gain the weight back. Try documenting everything you eat and drink. Find a pattern that you can adjust permanently, not temporarily.

Example ...

Breakfast ... Bowl of cereal, fruit
Lunch ... Sub, Pepsi, chips
Dinner ... 12 Raviolis, sauce, 16 oz. iced tea, garlic bread


Adjusted permanently

Breakfast ... Fruit
Lunch ... Half sub, water, baked chips
Dinner ... 8 Raviolis, sauce, 12 oz. iced tea, smaller portion garlic bread

Drink water (flavored or not) throughout the day.

Consume nothing, I mean nothing but water after 8 pm.


Eating somewhat the same thing, smaller portions when you can, substitute healthier choices a couple times a day. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Make it a permanent thing. Or you'll just gain it back unfortunately.

People go wrong with diets. Now if it starts out as a diet and turns into a lifestyle change that's permanent and healthy then great. Problem is a lot of diets aren't giving you full nutrients you need.

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:57 AM
  #745
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,195
vCash: 476
First day of semester. So awkward cause I haven't really figured out my friends' schedules yet. And no ones brave enough to make new friends yet haha

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
  #746
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 20,398
vCash: 500
I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things beginning today. I'm going to be working from home for at least the immediate future, so that means I can use my lunch hour to squeeze a workout in without having to worry about being haggard for work afterward. That means it's time for the 'ol chicken boob / tenderloin / protein shake-based plan.

It's January, plenty of time to get back into fighting shape in time for summer, right?

Clock is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:13 AM
  #747
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
The problem with that is ... You will eventually stop eating like that. It's not a lifestyle change, it's a "diet". You'll just gain the weight back. Try documenting everything you eat and drink. Find a pattern that you can adjust permanently, not temporarily.

Example ...

Breakfast ... Bowl of cereal, fruit
Lunch ... Sub, Pepsi, chips
Dinner ... 12 Raviolis, sauce, 16 oz. iced tea, garlic bread


Adjusted permanently

Breakfast ... Fruit
Lunch ... Half sub, water, baked chips
Dinner ... 8 Raviolis, sauce, 12 oz. iced tea, smaller portion garlic bread

Drink water (flavored or not) throughout the day.

Consume nothing, I mean nothing but water after 8 pm.


Eating somewhat the same thing, smaller portions when you can, substitute healthier choices a couple times a day. It's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Make it a permanent thing. Or you'll just gain it back unfortunately.

People go wrong with diets. Now if it starts out as a diet and turns into a lifestyle change that's permanent and healthy then great. Problem is a lot of diets aren't giving you full nutrients you need.
While I appreciate the input, I'm well aware of what I am doing. I just came out of a bulk with some excess body fat (which is common) and am now going on a quick and dirty cut so I can see the results of my core work. After this two week crash course I'll probably return to a more normal diet of maintenance calories with protein shakes on workout days. I really won't know until these first couple weeks are over.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
  #748
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things beginning today. I'm going to be working from home for at least the immediate future, so that means I can use my lunch hour to squeeze a workout in without having to worry about being haggard for work afterward. That means it's time for the 'ol chicken boob / tenderloin / protein shake-based plan.

It's January, plenty of time to get back into fighting shape in time for summer, right?
If you start now you'll definitely be ahead of the game.

What the hell is chicken boob?

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
  #749
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 4,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
If you start now you'll definitely be ahead of the game.

What the hell is chicken boob?
Clock is a breast man.

Crazy Tasty is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:38 AM
  #750
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,749
vCash: 500
Awards:
My son went with me for a 2-mile jog yesterday. He kept up and I was joking that in no time he'll be out in front of me telling me to pick up the pace. He promptly ran a few strides ahead, turned and said "Come on Dad, pick up the pace!". We both got a good laugh out of it.

Between that and his game against the coaches/parents yesterday, he was complaining of wobbly legs this morning. He was gassed.

Chainshot is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.