HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 185: Implied oral consent

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2012, 09:32 PM
  #276
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 24,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Quote:
So, if you are waiting for me to play an active part in these fights I wont do it. Not yet. But if its necessary to defend peoples interests then I will be ready, Klitschko added.

You know he's just dying to knock some of these people out.

glenwo2 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:35 PM
  #277
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,661
vCash: 500
Will be in NYC for NYE which is a first. I will NOT be in Times Square, **** that place.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
  #278
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 19,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Will be in NYC for NYE which is a first. I will NOT be in Times Square, **** that place.
I was gonna go to Brooklyn with a group which included a couple really cute girls for NYE but I'm just go do something local. Such an overrated **** show.

Cheapest room in Bally's in AC is $500 that night

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 09:59 PM
  #279
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,974
vCash: 500
I also was considering an offer to go some place in NYC, one of those open bar deals from 9-2 for like $150 but most of the bros are going to be together for the first NYE in a couple of years bc of most of us having other things lined up so I'll be local with them

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:07 PM
  #280
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 19,544
vCash: 500
$150 for a 5 hour open doesn't really sound like a deal at all.

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
  #281
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
$150 for a 5 hour open doesn't really sound like a deal at all.
It's NYC and on NYE no less, $6-8+ drinks and $4-6+ beers depending on the place adds up, maybe not to $150 after 5 hours but I was more focused on going to have a good time rather than the price when I was considering it

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
  #282
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
Will be in NYC for NYE which is a first. I will NOT be in Times Square, **** that place.
Was originally going to be in NYC. Bought tickets for Dada Life and of course my friend bailed shortly after purchasing. At least I re-sold them for what I paid. Damn shame though. Was looking forward to being in NYC for New Years for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
$150 for a 5 hour open doesn't really sound like a deal at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
It's NYC and on NYE no less, $6-8+ drinks and $4-6+ beers depending on the place adds up, maybe not to $150 after 5 hours but I was more focused on going to have a good time rather than the price when I was considering it


Problem I discovered with New Years open bars (albeit in Hoboken last year and not NYC): watered down drinks as compared to your normal open bar (and obviously as compared to a normal drink you pay for). That much harder to get the value there. May be a little better since it has a time frame on it. But you may have to really put them down to get anywhere near your moneys worth. Hopefully lines are somewhat manageable. I remember last year I was the DD, had about 8-10 mixed drinks at my open bar and never even got buzzed. Maybe not all places do it the same way, but its possible you'll get some weak stuff there too.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:17 PM
  #283
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Problem I discovered with New Years open bars (albeit in Hoboken last year and not NYC): watered down drinks as compared to your normal open bar (and obviously as compared to a normal drink you pay for). That much harder to get the value there. May be a little better since it has a time frame on it. But you may have to really put them down to get anywhere near your moneys worth. Hopefully lines are somewhat manageable. I remember last year I was the DD, had about 8-10 mixed drinks at my open bar and never even got buzzed. Maybe not all places do it the same way, but its possible you'll get some weak stuff there too.
Yea that doesn't surprise me too much with the watered down drinks, but a good pre-game can come in handy in that situation

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
  #284
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Yea that doesn't surprise me too much with the watered down drinks, but a good pre-game can come in handy in that situation
That is very true. That's the great equalizer there. Since I knew I was ultimately driving, that wasn't anything I was really pursuing. Especially since I had to pre-pay for that open bar anyway, it would be stupid to waste the few drinks I could have beforehand. Helps for intoxication, not for value, but meh. If you have a good time, who cares about the semantics.

Scott04 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
  #285
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
That is very true. That's the great equalizer there. Since I knew I was ultimately driving, that wasn't anything I was really pursuing. Especially since I had to pre-pay for that open bar anyway, it would be stupid to waste the few drinks I could have beforehand. Helps for intoxication, not for value, but meh. If you have a good time, who cares about the semantics.
Exactly and thats all I was really concerned with when considering going, yea I may not have gotten value for the price, but whatever I'm there to have a good time

yea in your case with the driving, obviously getting a good drunk going isn't a great solution

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:34 PM
  #286
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 19,544
vCash: 500
The open bar in Cortland would get me clear rum and cokes or as most people would call it a cup of rum. Never made it out of one alive and one time ran into a not very attractive woman

I was so well liked at the big 2 bars in that town and now I'm a nobody ;_;

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 12:01 AM
  #287
MrLouniverse
Red+Black(Knights?)
 
MrLouniverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Land of AM/PM Slots
Country: United States
Posts: 950
vCash: 500
I too had visions of fancy parties in NYC but then I heard about a $60 open bar in New Haven that some of my friends are going to; I don't have a date, might as well get hammered. Here's to Devils' Hockey in 2013!

MrLouniverse is online now  
Old
12-31-2012, 06:56 AM
  #288
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,661
vCash: 500
I got invited to a bar where it's $50 from 12-4am. I'm going to an apartment first and going to buy at the door. Depending on drunkness I will probably do the deal.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:02 AM
  #289
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,660
vCash: 500
the eating of an orange is a lot like a good marriage

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:09 AM
  #290
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
the eating of an orange is a lot like a good marriage
Watch out for the pith?

__________________
[size="1"]"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 08:49 AM
  #291
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Watch out for the pith?

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:01 AM
  #292
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
Not really, I just tried going in a different direction.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:02 AM
  #293
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,660
vCash: 500
i enjoyed it. im passing time here by reading simpsons scripts. this place is DEAD today. my commute took like 40 seconds

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:03 AM
  #294
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i enjoyed it. im passing time here by reading simpsons scripts. this place is DEAD today. my commute took like 40 seconds
I had a train car to myself. I was kind of scared, actually.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:16 AM
  #295
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
my last day

selyar is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:41 AM
  #296
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,660
vCash: 500

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:44 AM
  #297
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
Damn, you are bored.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
  #298
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 500
Scrubs is what popped in my head when he said that too.

Nick0930 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:49 AM
  #299
Cowbell232
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
Scrubs is what popped in my head when he said that too.
She*

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 09:50 AM
  #300
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
i loved this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
She*
always got my back. heh

selyar is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.