HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 185: Implied oral consent

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 08:05 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
not sure where to put this, but i was recently directed to an amazing thread, to which i laughed by balls right off:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=817593
What am I reading.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
One of my female friends was texting me all today with flirty talk and winking emoticons, and she says she has a surprise for me when we celebrate my birthday tomorrow. So help me God I better be getting laid or I'm going to be very upset with her.
"I got you a puppy!"

Old
01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Scott04

Quote:
One of my female friends was texting me all today with flirty talk and winking emoticons, and she says she has a surprise for me when we celebrate my birthday tomorrow. So help me God I better be getting laid or I'm going to be very upset with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
"I got you a puppy!"
Whatever it is, she better not call you her best friend. If you get friend zoned, I'm going to be upset with her.

But if she gets you a puppy, that's a nice start on the path to forgiveness.... depending on its level of adorability.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:54 PM
holikwillfindyou

oh the good ol' friend zone. such a crock of ****. i still don't fully grasp the concept.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means one

Quote:
Originally Posted by holikwillfindyou View Post
oh the good ol' friend zone. such a crock of ****. i still don't fully grasp the concept.
Me too man I hate that! Although the girl we talked about last night, and I were friends though we were also more than friends at certain points. Thank god I never heard the ''You're too good of a friend'' crap from her!

Old
01-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

the friend zone doesn't really exist. my girlfriend now was my best friend four months ago. just because you're friends with someone doesn't mean you can't become more, it just means you share interests and like to hang out together.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means one

Quote:
the friend zone doesn't really exist. my girlfriend now was my best friend four months ago. just because you're friends with someone doesn't mean you can't become more, it just means you share interests and like to hang out together.
You're right, but I just hate the ''I don't wanna ruin our friendship!'' answer when you become interested in a friend as more than friends. Haven't had to deal with it in a long time though.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
holikwillfindyou

haha its the absolute worst. boggles my mind to this day. so have you thought of contacting her? dude, send her a funny cat video. chicks love funny cat videos. my gf is ****ing obsessed with some "grumpy cat" meme going around right now. its ********.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Similar boat for my ex. Was really close friends for a few months before dating. Same thing happened with a girl pretty recently for me, but more like... at least a year... probably closer to 15 months. I definitely could have dated her, but I kinda screwed that one up. Given the way things have played out it may not have been a terrible move, but that's another story. Simply put though, yeah. The friend zone doesn't necessarily have to exist.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
"I got you a puppy!"
Bricks would be shat. There's no way I can afford a dog right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Whatever it is, she better not call you her best friend. If you get friend zoned, I'm going to be upset with her.
No risk of that. I haven't known the girl for long enough for me to be her best or even close friend. Hate to say it, but this isn't really a girl I want to date seriously either. Just some harmless fun until something real comes along, and I think she's looking for the same thing too.

I think I mentioned this before, she's the one that has been hinting to me that she doesn't get enough sex. Usually when a single chick tells you that she's not getting ****ed enough, it means she wants you to do something about it.

Quote:
Confirmed. I have broken out of the friend zone before. You just need to be a little more selfish than you normally would be.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Bleedred
Ruutu means one

Quote:
haha its the absolute worst. boggles my mind to this day. so have you thought of contacting her? dude, send her a funny cat video. chicks love funny cat videos. my gf is ****ing obsessed with some "grumpy cat" meme going around right now. its ********.
I think of contacting her a lot, but who knows what I can do man? I could get her address in California, and fly out there. Then go to her door, and hope there isn't a weird awkward moment like in Dumb And Dumber when Lloyd goes to Mary's door in Aspen, and says ''HI! Remember me?''

Old
01-07-2013, 10:30 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

After 36 straight hours of transportation hell, in all forms, I ended this night by getting harassed/chased through 2 subway cars by a crazy homeless man.

...pretty sure I'll be driving into the city tomorrow morning.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
After 36 straight hours of transportation hell, in all forms, I ended this night by getting harassed/chased through 2 subway cars by a crazy homeless man.

Yeesh. I'm sorry, that sucks. I always feel sorry for you ladies when I hear these horror stories about being stalked or harassed by creepy guys. It's definitely more common than most guys would expect. No wonder it's impossible for a nice guy to approach women in public now, you've all been conditioned to assume we must be crazy.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:47 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Yeesh. I'm sorry, that sucks. I always feel sorry for you ladies when I hear these horror stories about being stalked or harassed by creepy guys. It's definitely more common than most guys would expect. No wonder it's impossible for a nice guy to approach women in public now, you've all been conditioned to assume we must be crazy.
Eh, I might be a little too unfazed in that regard.
Getting onto a subway car at night with no one else but a homeless guy talking to himself doesn't even register with me anymore. A girl less numb to it all probably would have kept walking up to a different car.

I'm not afraid of fending for myself, I just need to stop getting myself in situations where I have to do so.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
holikwillfindyou

Quote:

I'm not afraid of fending for myself, I just need to stop getting myself in situations where I have to do so.
epic quotage, will use with your permission

Old
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

I got an intern today who is a Canadiens fan and hates the Rangers. She plays goalie and Marty is her idol. We're going to get on swimmingly.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:59 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
epic quotage, will use with your permission
duly granted.
for anyone with a lesser username, not so much. but you've won me over.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
holikwillfindyou

yakitate, thats just not fair man

Last edited by holikwillfindyou: 01-07-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: brain fart
Old
01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
New Jersey
Legend

Sucks that the girl that I met in fifth grade and am obscenely compatible with is merely my best friend.

I'm never gonna forget when I took her to my senior prom the night of game five of the ECF, I checked my phone on the dance floor, and I practically yell in her face, "THE DEVILS WON!"

She then yelled, "REALLY? WOOOOO!!! GO DEVILS! **** THE RANGERS!" much the amusement and delight of my Devils fan friends (Including one who lightly elbowed me and said, "She's a keeper, dude." ) and chagrin of my Rangers fan friends.

Good times.

/hockey talk but it was a nice story, doe.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:03 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:

Oh that was me. Thanks for saying hi.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:09 PM
holikwillfindyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
brilliant

Old
01-07-2013, 11:10 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
...well you were having such a good conversation with yourself, I didn't want to interrupt

Old
01-07-2013, 11:18 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Eh, I might be a little too unfazed in that regard.
Getting onto a subway car at night with no one else but a homeless guy talking to himself doesn't even register with me anymore. A girl less numb to it all probably would have kept walking up to a different car.

Also, Pacman... Just pretend the girl is like a sports team and you can move on a lot easier.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:18 PM
CerebralGenesis

Road trip for work tomorrow woot.

=/ not really woot.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:22 PM
holikwillfindyou

that has to be a segment in a sketch comedy show. "why were you talking to yourself, and chasing me down a subway station man!?"...

"just going over the opening night starting line-up out loud, duh?"

Closed Thread