HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Exhibition • Dec. 22 • Canada 2, Sweden 1 (SO) • Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
no, he made it sound as though the person crossing the street would be at fault in some way( which can ONLY be jaywalking)...but if he was at a crosswalk, regardelless of traffic, or having "beats on",...the driver is 100%[B[/B] wrong for hitting him. no gray area,no debate, driver is wrong.
same as the Jenner situation. hit him late, no reason to, and no defending can be made....bad play.
Who has said the Jenner play was not a bad play? I think we all agree it was. The discussion is now on whether he should get 0, 1, 2, 3, 4+ games. Knowing he IIHF he will get a bunch, but he shouldn't. Sucks the kid got hurt, but you can't go suspending people every time someone gets hurt.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
OK one more time, lets try and get this through your thick, stubborn head. We accept that he got the penalty and the game, but we do not agree that the result should have an impact on anything. If thats the kind of hockey you want to see go watch some house league tyke games and leave the real hockey to us.

Stop trying to wussify the game, injuries happen, suck it up. It happens move on. NO need to vilify the kid for a body to body slightly late hit on a weak kid.
Indeed! This is what happens when you play games in the United States! Well spoken, sir!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYqTE3cnuQ

Had they played the game in Canada, they might have rubbed a litlte snow on him after the next whistle and lined him up for the face-off. Four games becasue they played in Wussville!

Old
12-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Indeed! This is what happens when you play games in the United States! Well spoken, sir!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYqTE3cnuQ

Had they played the game in Canada, they might have rubbed a litlte snow on him after the next whistle and lined him up for the face-off. Four games becasue they played in Wussville!
Oh yes a blindside hit to the head when leaving your feet is the exact same as a slightly late hit to the body.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
no, he made it sound as though the person crossing the street would be at fault in some way( which can ONLY be jaywalking)...but if he was at a crosswalk, regardelless of traffic, or having "beats on",...the driver is 100%[B[/B] wrong for hitting him. no gray area,no debate, driver is wrong.
same as the Jenner situation. hit him late, no reason to, and no defending can be made....bad play.
Do you recommend that all men, women, and children should walk across a crosswalk with headphones on and without looking both ways?

Old
12-23-2012, 01:20 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
OK one more time, lets try and get this through your thick, stubborn head. We accept that he got the penalty and the game, but we do not agree that the result should have an impact on anything. If thats the kind of hockey you want to see go watch some house league tyke games and leave the real hockey to us.

Stop trying to wussify the game, injuries happen, suck it up. It happens move on. NO need to vilify the kid for a body to body slightly late hit on a weak kid.
i assume you're using "we" as the "royal we" and referring to yourself only. as you may have noticed, there are plenty of Canadians on the board who thought it was a bad hit and will probably get a suspension of some type.

please don't attempt to speak on everyone's behalf ... and some of us (including me) find posts like yours embarrassing.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Ribban

Quote:
I don't care about that hit. I am concerned with the Jenner hit. It was a late hit, he got what he deserved, its sad so many people are blowing it out of proportion.

It's really a shame sometimes that HF boards doesn't allow you to say what you are really thinking about people and their opinions.
: laugh:

Right! Today is most certainly not the day for that!

Good Lord! I'm crying! You're the funniest man on these boards!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! It has been entertaining to say the least!

Old
12-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
i assume you're using "we" as the "royal we" and referring to yourself only. as you may have noticed, there are plenty of Canadians on the board who thought it was a bad hit and will probably get a suspension of some type.

please don't attempt to speak on everyone's behalf ... and some of us (including me) find posts like yours embarrassing.
Sorry that you assume I would speak for you, didn't realize you were this sensitive.

When I said we, it is pretty clear I was speaking for those on the same side of the discussion in this thread.

Here's a tissue.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post

Lighten up. He's joking. Merry Christmas, btw!

Old
12-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
: laugh:

Right! Today is most certainly not the day for that!

Good Lord! I'm crying! You're the funniest man on these boards!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! It has been entertaining to say the least!

Please show me how the 2 are comparable, I'd love to see this.

One hit was blindside, jumping to the head, the other was slightly late open ice hit to the body.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 1240
Quote:
Who has said the Jenner play was not a bad play? I think we all agree it was. The discussion is now on whether he should get 0, 1, 2, 3, 4+ games. Knowing he IIHF he will get a bunch, but he shouldn't. Sucks the kid got hurt, but you can't go suspending people every time someone gets hurt.
the kid wouldn't be hurt if Jenner didn't do the bad play though....

Old
12-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Ok this is going nowhere. You want him kicked out for life or something like that, I think what he got was enough already. Lets wait and see what he gets, since neither of us have an impact on it and 11 pages of drivel is enough for me.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Please show me how the 2 are comparable, I'd love to see this.

One hit was blindside, jumping to the head, the other was slightly late open ice hit to the body.
Not even close. Anyway, it has been a fun morning, but I've got to get my house ready for the big days and guests! Enjoy!

Old
12-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Do you recommend that all men, women, and children should walk across a crosswalk with headphones on and without looking both ways?
that is what a crosswalk is there for...to SAFELY cross the street.

I wouldn't reccomend anything, but I would expect people would have a slight understanding of BASIC rules before engaging in any activity they get involved in....guess i'm wrong.
I like your way of thinking,...never accept responsibilty, only deflect else where.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

Quote:
Ok this is going nowhere. You want him kicked out for life or something like that, I think what he got was enough already. Lets wait and see what he gets, since neither of us have an impact on it and 11 pages of drivel is enough for me.
when have I said he should be "kicked out for life"?

Old
12-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
that is what a crosswalk is there for...to SAFELY cross the street.

I wouldn't reccomend anything, but I would expect people would have a slight understanding of BASIC rules before engaging in any activity they get involved in....guess i'm wrong.
I like your way of thinking,...never accept responsibilty, only deflect else where.
If you won't recommend walking across a street without looking both ways and with headphones blasting because after all it should be 100% safe to do, then I assume you won't recommend admiring your pass, playing with your head down, turning your back to the boards, taking suicide passes, etc. etc.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

Quote:
If you won't recommend walking across a street without looking both ways and with headphones blasting, then I assume you won't recommend admiring your pass, playing with your head down, turning your back to the boards, taking suicide passes, etc. etc.
cherry picking dude..

strawman arguement as you can get.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
cherry picking dude..

strawman arguement as you can get.
If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
You could also argue the kid wouldn't be hurt if he was aware of his surroundings

Old
12-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

Quote:
If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.
do you understand that phrase....cuz I don't think it means, what you think it means

Old
12-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
You could also argue the kid wouldn't be hurt if he was aware of his surroundings
he was aware of his surroundings....the hit shouldn't have been made.
that is the point.
a player shouldn't have to worry about being hit ILLEGALLY,...if that were the case, then there would be no flow to any game...
"kid, don't worry about making tic tac toe plays.....as soon as you make a pass, don't worry about getting open, but STOP! and BRACE yourself for a hit!" sounds like exciting hockey to me.

Old
12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
when have I said he should be "kicked out for life"?
Really, you missed that one?

I'll just leave this here

Old
12-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

Quote:
Really, you missed that one?

I'll just leave this here
didn't I say 1 or 2 games??....that = Life?
indedd

Old
12-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
didn't I say 1 or 2 games??....that = Life?
indedd
I was being sarcastic, I know you didn't say life, but the way people are acting you would think Jenner pulled a gun and shot the guy.

Clear enough?

Old
12-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
I see it as interference. Not charging.
Exactly right, and the refs got it "wrong", imo. Pettersson was without the puck for less than a second, making the hit less than half a second "late", but the player was without the puck, so it's interference. Close, with an unfortunate result, but technically interference. And while Jenner was obviously watching the play develop from farther out, the angle "of attack" (as it were) wasn't even determined until Pettersson had come out from behind the net and wheeled up. Jenner doesn't actually get Pettersson in the trolley tracks until they are less than the faceoff circle's diameter away, and Jenner had already taken his last stride anyway, so it shouldn't have been called charging.

Old
12-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

To my surprise, the IIHF and NHL rulebooks are different on this particular subject. According to the IIHF rules, the ref cannot give a major for interference. The NHL rules give the ref that option.

Closed Thread