HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Exhibition • Dec. 22 • Canada 2, Sweden 1 (SO) • Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2012, 01:17 PM
  #276
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
no, he made it sound as though the person crossing the street would be at fault in some way( which can ONLY be jaywalking)...but if he was at a crosswalk, regardelless of traffic, or having "beats on",...the driver is 100%[B[/B] wrong for hitting him. no gray area,no debate, driver is wrong.
same as the Jenner situation. hit him late, no reason to, and no defending can be made....bad play.
Who has said the Jenner play was not a bad play? I think we all agree it was. The discussion is now on whether he should get 0, 1, 2, 3, 4+ games. Knowing he IIHF he will get a bunch, but he shouldn't. Sucks the kid got hurt, but you can't go suspending people every time someone gets hurt.

Leo Trollmarov is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:17 PM
  #277
Ribban
Registered User
 
Ribban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
OK one more time, lets try and get this through your thick, stubborn head. We accept that he got the penalty and the game, but we do not agree that the result should have an impact on anything. If thats the kind of hockey you want to see go watch some house league tyke games and leave the real hockey to us.

Stop trying to wussify the game, injuries happen, suck it up. It happens move on. NO need to vilify the kid for a body to body slightly late hit on a weak kid.
Indeed! This is what happens when you play games in the United States! Well spoken, sir!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYqTE3cnuQ

Had they played the game in Canada, they might have rubbed a litlte snow on him after the next whistle and lined him up for the face-off. Four games becasue they played in Wussville!

Ribban is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:19 PM
  #278
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Indeed! This is what happens when you play games in the United States! Well spoken, sir!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUYqTE3cnuQ

Had they played the game in Canada, they might have rubbed a litlte snow on him after the next whistle and lined him up for the face-off. Four games becasue they played in Wussville!
Oh yes a blindside hit to the head when leaving your feet is the exact same as a slightly late hit to the body.

Leo Trollmarov is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:20 PM
  #279
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
no, he made it sound as though the person crossing the street would be at fault in some way( which can ONLY be jaywalking)...but if he was at a crosswalk, regardelless of traffic, or having "beats on",...the driver is 100%[B[/B] wrong for hitting him. no gray area,no debate, driver is wrong.
same as the Jenner situation. hit him late, no reason to, and no defending can be made....bad play.
Do you recommend that all men, women, and children should walk across a crosswalk with headphones on and without looking both ways?

Bomber0104 is online now  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:20 PM
  #280
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
OK one more time, lets try and get this through your thick, stubborn head. We accept that he got the penalty and the game, but we do not agree that the result should have an impact on anything. If thats the kind of hockey you want to see go watch some house league tyke games and leave the real hockey to us.

Stop trying to wussify the game, injuries happen, suck it up. It happens move on. NO need to vilify the kid for a body to body slightly late hit on a weak kid.
i assume you're using "we" as the "royal we" and referring to yourself only. as you may have noticed, there are plenty of Canadians on the board who thought it was a bad hit and will probably get a suspension of some type.

please don't attempt to speak on everyone's behalf ... and some of us (including me) find posts like yours embarrassing.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:21 PM
  #281
Ribban
Registered User
 
Ribban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
I don't care about that hit. I am concerned with the Jenner hit. It was a late hit, he got what he deserved, its sad so many people are blowing it out of proportion.

It's really a shame sometimes that HF boards doesn't allow you to say what you are really thinking about people and their opinions.
: laugh:

Right! Today is most certainly not the day for that!

Good Lord! I'm crying! You're the funniest man on these boards!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! It has been entertaining to say the least!

Ribban is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  #282
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
i assume you're using "we" as the "royal we" and referring to yourself only. as you may have noticed, there are plenty of Canadians on the board who thought it was a bad hit and will probably get a suspension of some type.

please don't attempt to speak on everyone's behalf ... and some of us (including me) find posts like yours embarrassing.
Sorry that you assume I would speak for you, didn't realize you were this sensitive.

When I said we, it is pretty clear I was speaking for those on the same side of the discussion in this thread.

Here's a tissue.

Leo Trollmarov is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:23 PM
  #283
Ribban
Registered User
 
Ribban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
i assume you're using "we" as the "royal we" and referring to yourself only. as you may have noticed, there are plenty of Canadians on the board who thought it was a bad hit and will probably get a suspension of some type.

please don't attempt to speak on everyone's behalf ... and some of us (including me) find posts like yours embarrassing.
Lighten up. He's joking. Merry Christmas, btw!

Ribban is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:24 PM
  #284
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
: laugh:

Right! Today is most certainly not the day for that!

Good Lord! I'm crying! You're the funniest man on these boards!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! It has been entertaining to say the least!

Please show me how the 2 are comparable, I'd love to see this.

One hit was blindside, jumping to the head, the other was slightly late open ice hit to the body.

Leo Trollmarov is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:24 PM
  #285
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Who has said the Jenner play was not a bad play? I think we all agree it was. The discussion is now on whether he should get 0, 1, 2, 3, 4+ games. Knowing he IIHF he will get a bunch, but he shouldn't. Sucks the kid got hurt, but you can't go suspending people every time someone gets hurt.
the kid wouldn't be hurt if Jenner didn't do the bad play though....

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:26 PM
  #286
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
the kid wouldn't be hurt if Jenner didn't do the bad play though....
Ok this is going nowhere. You want him kicked out for life or something like that, I think what he got was enough already. Lets wait and see what he gets, since neither of us have an impact on it and 11 pages of drivel is enough for me.

Leo Trollmarov is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:27 PM
  #287
Ribban
Registered User
 
Ribban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: USA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Please show me how the 2 are comparable, I'd love to see this.

One hit was blindside, jumping to the head, the other was slightly late open ice hit to the body.
Not even close. Anyway, it has been a fun morning, but I've got to get my house ready for the big days and guests! Enjoy!

Ribban is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:28 PM
  #288
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Do you recommend that all men, women, and children should walk across a crosswalk with headphones on and without looking both ways?
that is what a crosswalk is there for...to SAFELY cross the street.

I wouldn't reccomend anything, but I would expect people would have a slight understanding of BASIC rules before engaging in any activity they get involved in....guess i'm wrong.
I like your way of thinking,...never accept responsibilty, only deflect else where.

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:30 PM
  #289
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Ok this is going nowhere. You want him kicked out for life or something like that, I think what he got was enough already. Lets wait and see what he gets, since neither of us have an impact on it and 11 pages of drivel is enough for me.
when have I said he should be "kicked out for life"?

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:31 PM
  #290
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
that is what a crosswalk is there for...to SAFELY cross the street.

I wouldn't reccomend anything, but I would expect people would have a slight understanding of BASIC rules before engaging in any activity they get involved in....guess i'm wrong.
I like your way of thinking,...never accept responsibilty, only deflect else where.
If you won't recommend walking across a street without looking both ways and with headphones blasting because after all it should be 100% safe to do, then I assume you won't recommend admiring your pass, playing with your head down, turning your back to the boards, taking suicide passes, etc. etc.

Bomber0104 is online now  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:32 PM
  #291
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
If you won't recommend walking across a street without looking both ways and with headphones blasting, then I assume you won't recommend admiring your pass, playing with your head down, turning your back to the boards, taking suicide passes, etc. etc.
cherry picking dude..

strawman arguement as you can get.

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:35 PM
  #292
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
cherry picking dude..

strawman arguement as you can get.
If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.

Bomber0104 is online now  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:36 PM
  #293
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
the kid wouldn't be hurt if Jenner didn't do the bad play though....
You could also argue the kid wouldn't be hurt if he was aware of his surroundings

Atomos2 is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:38 PM
  #294
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.
do you understand that phrase....cuz I don't think it means, what you think it means

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:43 PM
  #295
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
You could also argue the kid wouldn't be hurt if he was aware of his surroundings
he was aware of his surroundings....the hit shouldn't have been made.
that is the point.
a player shouldn't have to worry about being hit ILLEGALLY,...if that were the case, then there would be no flow to any game...
"kid, don't worry about making tic tac toe plays.....as soon as you make a pass, don't worry about getting open, but STOP! and BRACE yourself for a hit!" sounds like exciting hockey to me.

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:45 PM
  #296
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
when have I said he should be "kicked out for life"?
Really, you missed that one?

I'll just leave this here

Leo Trollmarov is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:47 PM
  #297
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov
 
Booyakasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Croatia
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Really, you missed that one?

I'll just leave this here
didn't I say 1 or 2 games??....that = Life?
indedd

Booyakasha is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 01:50 PM
  #298
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
didn't I say 1 or 2 games??....that = Life?
indedd
I was being sarcastic, I know you didn't say life, but the way people are acting you would think Jenner pulled a gun and shot the guy.

Clear enough?

Leo Trollmarov is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:03 PM
  #299
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I see it as interference. Not charging.
Exactly right, and the refs got it "wrong", imo. Pettersson was without the puck for less than a second, making the hit less than half a second "late", but the player was without the puck, so it's interference. Close, with an unfortunate result, but technically interference. And while Jenner was obviously watching the play develop from farther out, the angle "of attack" (as it were) wasn't even determined until Pettersson had come out from behind the net and wheeled up. Jenner doesn't actually get Pettersson in the trolley tracks until they are less than the faceoff circle's diameter away, and Jenner had already taken his last stride anyway, so it shouldn't have been called charging.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
12-23-2012, 02:10 PM
  #300
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 12,907
vCash: 500
To my surprise, the IIHF and NHL rulebooks are different on this particular subject. According to the IIHF rules, the ref cannot give a major for interference. The NHL rules give the ref that option.

Vikke is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.