HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Exhibition • Dec. 22 • Canada 2, Sweden 1 (SO) • Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2012, 03:19 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
I was calling northern Europe a feminist controlled dystopia, requiring men to breast feed children in the name of equality.
Used to prefer dad doing it, to be honest. He always covered his teats in bacon grease to sucker me into it.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

vCash: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Last year, apart from the spearing incident, Jenner ended two players', Määttä and Isangulov's tournaments prematurely. Now Petterson had to be loaded into an ambulance thanks to him.

Even if they all were from clean hits according to the rulebook, no one's arguing that, it's still the kind of intensity and toughness the game can do without.

It's not my call to make whether it should be ruled as an isolated incident or one that warrants more. But whatever the ruling board decides, it won't feel a faulty one and is far from a joke. You can play tough and you can play clean, but when guys get injured despite that, a line has been crossed regardless.
No way. Maybe if you want a weak/soft game played. But here in Canada we like tough clean hockey. If it's a clean hit then the result should have no barring on anything. If it is illegal then fine, but clean hard hits are part of the game, it sucks hen somene gets hurt, but everyone accepts that possibility everytime they step on the ice.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:35 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
No way. Maybe if you want a weak/soft game played. But here in Canada we like tough clean hockey. If it's a clean hit then the result should have no barring on anything. If it is illegal then fine, but clean hard hits are part of the game, it sucks hen somene gets hurt, but everyone accepts that possibility everytime they step on the ice.
Dirty hits. Not kosher. Check.

Clean hits, people hurt. Happen occasionally. Usually freak accidents. Should be accepted by players. Hard to argue.

But then there's a guy who constantly keeps hurting other players with hits that are not dirty, as if it almost was an art he's practiced. But hey, he should get away with it scotsfree every time because the hits are, you know, clean.

Man, I just love the moral of this story.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Kid Dynamite
5 14 6 1

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
Harrington 9.5
Binnington 9.5
RNH 8
Drouin 8
Jenner 8 (until ejection)
Rattie 7.5
Mackinnon 7.5
Reinhart 7.5
Murphy 7.5
Lipon 7.5
Camara 7
Danault 7
Rielly 7
Hamilton 7
Strome 7
Oulette 7
Sheifelie 6.5
Huberdeau 6.5
Wortherspoon 6.5

Id say thats about my thoughts... out of 10 of course... kind of fun thing to do
Pretty much spot on. Would put Hamilton at a 6 though probably, he had a horrible game.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Huffman

It doesn't matter if the hit was clean or not, it was very late and therefore stupid and dirty. Jenner was obviously out there looking for an open ice hit but chose the wrong time to make it. I think the suspension could be longer than most people here suspect.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:02 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan10 View Post
Hey guys, wasn't able to watch the game, how did Morgan Rielly play???
Better question, do you really want to hear the answer?

Old
12-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Prov1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
late hits are dirty and dangerous, Jenner had time to let up but decided to continue through. We don't need that and this tournament especially will not tolerate it. big suspension incoming.
Jenner was doing what Jenner does, playing the body, was it late? Yes, was it a dirty hit? He didn't leave his feet, didn't target the head, didn't raise his elbows, so I don't think it was malicious at all.
As for pulling up, we are talking ~1 sec, half a second quicker and it is a clean hit and not even a penalty. Tell me this, you are going full speed, I blow the whistle and tell me how long it takes you to pull up or avoid contact, sounds so easy from the couch!
Anything over 2 games is a complete joke, my opinion, the major and the game is still too much.
If it was RNH that got hit, I'd be saying the same, keep your head up and stop admiring the pass!!

Old
12-22-2012, 04:11 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
Harrington 9.5
Binnington 9.5
RNH 8
Drouin 8
Jenner 8 (until ejection)
Rattie 7.5
Mackinnon 7.5
Reinhart 7.5
Murphy 7.5
Lipon 7.5
Camara 7
Danault 7
Rielly 7
Hamilton 7
Strome 7
Oulette 7
Sheifelie 6.5
Huberdeau 6.5
Wortherspoon 6.5

Id say thats about my thoughts... out of 10 of course... kind of fun thing to do
What did RNH do to deserve an 8? He belongs with Huberdeau and Scheifele

Old
12-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Fin9*

missed the game. was Forsberg really that bad that people are saying ?

Old
12-22-2012, 04:15 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress*
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
What did RNH do to deserve an 8? He belongs with Huberdeau and Scheifele
he played much better than them. Lots of smart plays, didnt throw the puck away at all, made nice passes, won some draws and tried to make things happen

Old
12-22-2012, 04:16 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress*
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin9 View Post
he looked good out there when he was making plays its just that he didnt finish on any of them so it leaves a bad taste in your mouth but he was one of Sweden's better players, if not best.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Atomos2
WE ARE ABLE 340

vCash: 543
Quote:
Not great, but not bad either. I think it was more about expecting more from him, that's all. He did break up a 2 on 1 chance, but I'd say that's the only highlight in his game today.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
Better question, do you really want to hear the answer?
that bad ????

Old
12-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Not great, but not bad either. I think it was more about expecting more from him, that's all. He did break up a 2 on 1 chance, but I'd say that's the only highlight in his game today.
thanks....but from reading a few comments...it seems that the whole defense wasnt that good .....

Old
12-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
He wasn't bad, just no luck. That and he ****ed up on the shootout.
?
Does Jenner play this type of game in the CHL ?

Old
12-22-2012, 04:25 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
He just didn't finish on plays, but most of them were plays he created on his own. He also had a few good passes.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:31 PM
shotandagoal

Quote:
late hits are dirty and dangerous, Jenner had time to let up but decided to continue through. We don't need that and this tournament especially will not tolerate it. big suspension incoming.
This

You knew this was going to happen. Jenner should get what Noesen got at the very least!

Old
12-22-2012, 04:35 PM
jay-P

Quote:
I was at the game. The best defencemen on team Canada were Rielly and Scott Harrington. I don't remember any mistake or miscue from Rielly. Defensively he had an immaculate game. He handled the puck well and didn't do errant passes like Dougie Hamilton. Hamilton was out to lunch in his own end and compounded things with four penalties. In the second period, Harrington defused single-handedly a three-on-one attack by Sweden. In the third he deftly blocked the pass on a Swedish two-on-one. Xavier Ouellet was more invisible, he played solid positionally and didn't turn the puck over. Ryan Murphy struggled in the first period, did OK in the second and was excellent in the third. In the overtime, Murphy poked the puck away from two Swedes consecutively when they were trying to make an odd-man rush in the center ice. Wotherspoon - serious struggles especially in the first period.

RNH seemed to wake up only after Jenner got tossed. After that he started backchecking ferociously and stole the puck thrice from behind by lifting the stick. He drew one penalty in the offensive zone and didn't get much else done offensively. Jon Drouin was indeed the best player, it's a shame that he and MacKinnon got stapled to the bench. Huberdeau had a good first period. On the PP he made one fast and brilliant pass from behind the net onto a scoring chance. In the second he became frustrated and in the third he disappeared completely.

Speaking of disappearing, can someone attest to Brett Ritchie playing in this game? I didn't see him at all. The best PK players were Jenner and Phillip Danault. Danault was able to create scoring chances for his teammates. On even strength he wasn't as prolific.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:36 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress*
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotandagoal View Post
This

You knew this was going to happen. Jenner should get what Noesen got at the very least!
Why should he get the same? Have you seen the Noesen hit?

Old
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:

Clean hits, people hurt. Happen occasionally. Usually freak accidents. Should be accepted by players. Hard to argue.

But then there's a guy who constantly keeps hurting other players with hits that are not dirty, as if it almost was an art he's practiced. But hey, he should get away with it scotsfree every time because the hits are, you know, clean.

So because he is bigger and stronger than others he should be punished?

Is the moral of your story be soft and weak so you can't hurt anyone?

Clean hit = Clean hit, no matter the result.

Old
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotandagoal View Post
This

For sure...IIHF will make sure Jenner is out for the rest of the tournament...they are ringing their hands as i type...

Bring in Graovac....

Old
12-22-2012, 04:37 PM
shotandagoal

Quote:
This

Old
12-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Kadri43

Quote:

The hit was a tad late. IMO that is a 2 minute charging penalty in the nhl. However, I do not know international standards though.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:39 PM
J Murda

Quote:
Used to prefer dad doing it, to be honest. He always covered his teats in bacon grease to sucker me into it.
One of the funniest things I have ever read on here. Gold medal for you.

Old
12-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadri43 View Post
The hit was a tad late. IMO that is a 2 minute charging penalty in the nhl. However, I do not know international standards though.
International standards lean towards the soft and weak. This much has been apparent for years. Gotta keep the North Americans in check (see: not as dominant) some how.

Closed Thread