HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Zetterberg vs. Kopitar

View Poll Results: Who's better right now?
Zetterberg 73 47.10%
Kopitar 82 52.90%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-23-2012, 09:47 AM
LSnow

vCash: 500
Zetterberg was injured at the start of the season, if i remember it was his back. He was pretty much ineffective while Filppula was tearing it up. After he got better he was playing better than Kopitar.

And hard to give edge to Kopitar due to playoffs, so i pick Zetterberg

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Bathcat
Wait, it was ATL?

Zetterberg is still better.

I'm worried about his skating though. You can see how much it has dropped off in the last few seasons.

Bathcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 03:42 PM
tony d
The franchise

Close but Zetterberg

12-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathcat View Post

I'm worried about his skating though. You can see how much it has dropped off in the last few seasons.
Probably on account of his back. I get the feeling that's gonna be a real problem in the twilight years of his career.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:46 PM
DatsyukianDeke
Dangle Dangle

Zetterberg is tearing it up overseas. I know it's small sample size, but I still think he's better than Kopitar and I love Kopi.

DatsyukianDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Setterbearg

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Right now I'll say Zetterberg, but it's close. I see both guys as guys who will hover around a point per game, I just think Zetterberg is slightly better defensively. I can see someone picking Kopitar though given that he's approaching his prime and Zetterberg is possibly past it, it's entirely possible that Kopitar is the better player as soon as next season.
I would agree with this and frankly I didn't vote because it's too close to call for me.

If I had to pick a guy for just one season it's probably Zetts but if the scale is 100 and Zetts is 100 then Kopitar is 99.

For me the deciding factor is experience and slightly better defensive play but Zetts.

Kopitar is just 25 so it will be extremely interesting as to which player will have the better career when it's all said and done.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathcat View Post

He played through a bad ankle at the end of 11 and it was still bothering him despite playing all 82 games last year but it is a concern.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Edge to Kopitar due to kings fan bias. They are pretty much equal, so it just comes down to people preference to a certain player

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Greeningfan14

Right now Zetterberg.

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Went with zetterberg

ZARTONK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 12:16 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Zetterberg was injured at the start of the season, if i remember it was his back. He was pretty much ineffective while Filppula was tearing it up. After he got better he was playing better than Kopitar.

And hard to give edge to Kopitar due to playoffs, so i pick Zetterberg
It was his ankle not his back but yeah he was injured for about a month then putting up 62 in 64 games or something along those lines. I find it hard to put a young guy above a proven guy when the proven guy is still playing at at least an equal level.

Zetterberg is still a point per game player and at least as good defensively (I would say better) then Kopitar. These 2 are extremely close though

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Anze Kopitar

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Sasso09

Career: Z
Present: Even/super slight edge to Kopi
Future: obviously Kopitar

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 12:33 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Anze Kopitar.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:12 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
Zetterberg would be winning this poll easily if this was before the 2012 playoffs. Oh well, Kopitar is HF's flavor of the month, but instead of a month, it's lasted half a year because we haven't seen any hockey for a while
Or hes a top 10 center and has been since 2009.

I know you probably didnt put a lot of thought into this post but its a trash one. Its no stretch to say kopi is better - hes been defensively at the top of the center charts and he was far and away the best forward in playoffs

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 09:52 AM
DanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans1000 View Post
Or hes a top 10 center and has been since 2009.

I know you probably didnt put a lot of thought into this post but its a trash one. Its no stretch to say kopi is better - hes been defensively at the top of the center charts and he was far and away the best forward in playoffs
He wasn't far and away the best forward. A clearly injured Kovalchuk had one less point and Brown had the exact same amount. I can tell you didn't think your post out very much either. The players on Cup winning teams always get overrated the year after they win, because of all the hype and such. I can see you are no exception to the Kopitar fad

Kopitar's a great player and will soon pass Zetterberg on the top centers list, but not yet. Zetterberg's a year removed from an 80 point season and actually has a Conn Smythe to prove that he was not only the best forwad, but best player in the playoffs.

DanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 10:37 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
I went with Kopitar, he is probably my favorite non-wings player in the league. Watch a lot of Kings late night games over the last several years and I think there is an argument for him being top 5 centers in the league. It isn't all statistics and it is only a slight edge but Kopitar does have it slightly for me and Z is my favorite Wings player.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
He wasn't far and away the best forward. A clearly injured Kovalchuk had one less point and Brown had the exact same amount. I can tell you didn't think your post out very much either. The players on Cup winning teams always get overrated the year after they win, because of all the hype and such. I can see you are no exception to the Kopitar fad

Kopitar's a great player and will soon pass Zetterberg on the top centers list, but not yet. Zetterberg's a year removed from an 80 point season and actually has a Conn Smythe to prove that he was not only the best forwad, but best player in the playoffs.
Amazing. Be the top scorer in the playoffs, get criticized for it due to only beating the 3rd place player by 1 point despite playing 3 games less and playing vs better defensive teams and goalies

Never change hfboards

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 01:47 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:

Im sorry that whatever team you rooted for ducked out early. But kovalchuk was basically invisible in te finals. Kopitar was unquestionably the best player if you look at the whole playoff. So you admit that kopitar will be better soon becase its close already. And since we are talking about two elite defensive centers im sure statistical contributions are the most important thing to look at? Maybe playing with pavel freaking datsyuk has an influence here....

Kopitar put up his numbers on a crap team before he could drink, then became an elite defensive center, by sacrificing offense, and still maintained the level of production and then was a top 3 player on the scf team and clearly the best forward rounds 1-4. Yea its just that he was on a good team... Derp derp playoff mcrib flavor. Watch some games and get with the present - kopitar has been at zetterbergs level since the red wings stopped being scary

Last edited by LAX attack*: 12-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old
12-25-2012, 05:22 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Im sorry that whatever team you rooted for ducked out early. But kovalchuk was basically invisible in te finals. Kopitar was unquestionably the best player if you look at the whole playoff. So you admit that kopitar will be better soon becase its close already. And since we are talking about two elite defensive centers im sure statistical contributions are the most important thing to look at? Maybe playing with pavel freaking datsyuk has an influence here....

Kopitar put up his numbers on a crap team before he could drink, then became an elite defensive center, by sacrificing offense, and still maintained the level of production and then was a top 3 player on the scf team and clearly the best forward rounds 1-4. Yea its just that he was on a good team... Derp derp playoff mcrib flavor. Watch some games and get with the present - kopitar has been at zetterbergs level since the red wings stopped being scary
They haven't played on a line together for years, as everyone who actually watches hockey already knows. At least educate yourself if you are going to try to discredit someone who uses actual statistics. It kind of sacrifices all of your credibility if you have to make things up to support your point.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 07:40 PM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
They haven't played on a line together for years, as everyone who actually watches hockey already knows. At least educate yourself if you are going to try to discredit someone who uses actual statistics. It kind of sacrifices all of your credibility if you have to make things up to support your point.
Please dont start a discussion in a thread by discrediting yourself. It makes subsequent talk rather boring. The reality is that same line or not (and they play together on the powerplay) kopitar was the only legitimate offensive talent between cammalleri leaving and the richards trade. I guess you recognize my arguments as being valid because you could only take issue with one point you misinterpreted. And heres a statistic - 10 more people voted for kopitar than Zetterberg. I thought there were more red wings fan on hf than kings so you cant argue bias.

Another point. Not only did the oter poster not use statistics in the post i responded to (so where does that come from) but also this isnt baseball. There are no moneyball gms becase no one whose anyhow knowledgeable about hockey relies on them. So brutal, brutal post 1/10

Last edited by LAX attack*: 12-25-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old
12-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Zetterberg by a slight bit, can change as soon as the season starts though

Long term it's definitely Kopitar, even if just basing on age alone

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 08:45 PM
DanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Amazing. Be the top scorer in the playoffs, get criticized for it due to only beating the 3rd place player by 1 point despite playing 3 games less and playing vs better defensive teams and goalies

Never change hfboards
At what point did I criticize him? The guy said he was far and away the best forward and I disagreed. Reading comprehension my friend...

Quote:

Well the fact that you think Zetterberg plays with Datsyuk really shows you aren't well informed enough to continue this discussion... Best player? I will assume you meant best forward because if he was unquestionably the best player he would have won the Smythe, like Zetterberg did...

Old
12-25-2012, 08:48 PM
DanZ

Quote:
Please dont start a discussion in a thread by discrediting yourself. It makes subsequent talk rather boring. The reality is that same line or not (and they play together on the powerplay) kopitar was the only legitimate offensive talent between cammalleri leaving and the richards trade. I guess you recognize my arguments as being valid because you could only take issue with one point you misinterpreted. And heres a statistic - 10 more people voted for kopitar than Zetterberg. I thought there were more red wings fan on hf than kings so you cant argue bias.

Another point. Not only did the oter poster not use statistics in the post i responded to (so where does that come from) but also this isnt baseball. There are no moneyball gms becase no one whose anyhow knowledgeable about hockey relies on them. So brutal, brutal post 1/10
You can argue bias. Toews was overrated just like Kopitar is after he wont he Cup as well. The bias is hype