HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013-2014 NFL Discussion Thread (Revis to Tampa for '13 1st, '14 3rd or 4th)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
  #226
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,799
vCash: 500
Awards:
At some point the Giants need to address the holes they have at LB.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:17 AM
  #227
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
McElroy doubtful on Sunday with a concussion.

TEBOW TIME!?!?!?

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:21 AM
  #228
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
McElroy doubtful on Sunday with a concussion.

TEBOW TIME!?!?!?
Sanchez has already been named starter for Sunday.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 11:24 AM
  #229
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Sanchez has already been named starter for Sunday.
Aw man

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 12:58 PM
  #230
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Sanchize, baby! WOO!

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:20 PM
  #231
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
At some point the Giants need to address the holes they have at LB.
I wish that was the only thing they needed: almost everyone on OL, some new DTs and DEs, and a new CB.

ImIdaho is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:23 PM
  #232
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I wish that was the only thing they needed: almost everyone on OL, some new DTs and DEs, and a new CB.
Bingo. Well, I think Canty and Joseph are great DTs. But bingo otherwise.

Cut ties with one of Osi or Tuck. Bring in some fresh blood at LB and let Kiwanuka and Ojomo get some reps at DE. Start building Marving Austin and Kuhn in the middle.

The Giants better go to the podium on night one in April announcing the name of a 300+ guard or tackle. That is priority #1

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:48 PM
  #233
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
At some point the Giants need to address the holes they have at LB.
Not going to happen. Reese never drafts linebackers. He doesn't seem to think it's an important position even though the best player in team history was one.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:49 PM
  #234
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Bingo. Well, I think Canty and Joseph are great DTs. But bingo otherwise.

Cut ties with one of Osi or Tuck. Bring in some fresh blood at LB and let Kiwanuka and Ojomo get some reps at DE. Start building Marving Austin and Kuhn in the middle.

The Giants better go to the podium on night one in April announcing the name of a 300+ guard or tackle. That is priority #1
Not even close. Team have been running up the gut against the giants with reckless abandon this season. That doesn't happen against team with good tackle play.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:53 PM
  #235
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Not even close. Team have been running up the gut against the giants with reckless abandon this season. That doesn't happen against team with good tackle play.
Joseph IS a great DT. Something has to be wrong with him. He was one of the best on the planet against the run last year. I'm thinking he's been injured the entire year.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:54 PM
  #236
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Not going to happen. Reese never drafts linebackers. He doesn't seem to think it's an important position even though the best player in team history was one.
That same LB was a pass rushing 3-4 linebacker, though. The equivalent of a defensive end who can drop back into pass protection. Unless this team goes back to the 3-4, they won't value LBs as much as DEs. I agree with them there. However, the absolute refusal to address the position is killing the team.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 01:58 PM
  #237
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Joseph IS a great DT. Something has to be wrong with him. He was one of the best on the planet against the run last year. I'm thinking he's been injured the entire year.
Canty sure isn't. He's been injury prone and mediocre ever since we signed him.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
  #238
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Canty sure isn't. He's been injury prone and mediocre ever since we signed him.
I agree with that. I think he's better than mediocre, though. When healthy I'd say he's solid. But he's also certainly overpaid.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 02:08 PM
  #239
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,916
vCash: 50
Webster, Canty and Boley all are prepped to be replaced. High money contract and now no longer major difference makers. J. Williams is catching Boley, and fast.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 02:10 PM
  #240
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Webster, Canty and Boley all are prepped to be replaced. High money contract and now no longer major difference makers. J. Williams is catching Boley, and fast.
Replacing Webster and Thomas is going to be so hard in the draft. Replacing two starting CBs -- oof.

Kuhn looked solid when he got playing time. Austin needs more time to get back into the swing of things. I think they dump Canty and Bernard and go with a cheap FA pick-up along with what else they have.

I think we address the CB position before the LB/DT position. Reese loves taking skill guys early. Thinking we see 2 CBs in the first three rounds. And one DE to replace Osi and possibly Tuck.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
  #241
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Replacing Webster and Thomas is going to be so hard in the draft. Replacing two starting CBs -- oof.

Kuhn looked solid when he got playing time. Austin needs more time to get back into the swing of things. I think they dump Canty and Bernard and go with a cheap FA pick-up along with what else they have.

I think we address the CB position before the LB/DT position. Reese loves taking skill guys early. Thinking we see 2 CBs in the first three rounds. And one DE to replace Osi and possibly Tuck.
Is prince not as good as he can be? You would think he'd be ready to fill in one hole. Drafting a CB to fill the other hole can be good. Not sure how good/deep the pool is this year. Jets and Giants have a very similar need: OT. Giants need help on the line. Jets need a RT.

If I had to identify needs:

Giants: OL, CB, LB, RB
Jets: RT, OLB, QB, WR, S

Strengths:

Giants: QB, WR, DL, S
Jets: CB, OL, DL, MLB, RB


Hope the draft is deep. Bkth teams have their flaws that need to be fixed or uounger players to step in for aging players

mrjimmyg89 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 03:00 PM
  #242
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Is prince not as good as he can be? You would think he'd be ready to fill in one hole. Drafting a CB to fill the other hole can be good. Not sure how good/deep the pool is this year. Jets and Giants have a very similar need: OT. Giants need help on the line. Jets need a RT.

If I had to identify needs:

Giants: OL, CB, LB, RB
Jets: RT, OLB, QB, WR, S

Strengths:

Giants: QB, WR, DL, S
Jets: CB, OL, DL, MLB, RB


Hope the draft is deep. Bkth teams have their flaws that need to be fixed or uounger players to step in for aging players
When healthy, Prince has been great. He is a sure tackler and they just refuse to throw his way (a lot of that is because of how ****ing bad Webster is).

Prince fills the hole of TT, I guess. Webster's hole needs to be filled. And I would want a 3rd CB who can play well as well. I hate having two good CBs and the rest suck. I would prefer two good CBs, one JUST ABOUT AS GOOD CB, and the rest be mediocre back-ups.

Also, neither S or DL are strengths for us. Osi is gone. Canty and Bernard are likely gone. Phillips may be let go because of health reasons. Rolle is making a **** ton of money.

RB is not a major need for this team. Most of the RB issues are because of how bad the line is.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 05:16 PM
  #243
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,916
vCash: 50
With Rolle, Brown, Phillips, and Hill at safety, you have to imagine one will go.

Sash, is really just a special teams player. Could get a look at linebacker maybe, fits his skill set more.

Corner is a bigger need than Defensive end, but for Webster's 9.5 million we could sign a superstar corner. Absurd paycheck he gets.

Just loosing Osi, Boley, Canty and Webster frees up more than 20 million. We need to re-tool our defense, and keep the offense more or less the same.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 05:30 PM
  #244
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Fewell needs to fired also. His schemes have proven to be largely ineffective. Bring back spags if possible.

McDonaghisGod is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 11:32 AM
  #245
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Today could be a miracle, a nightmare, or just what was expected.

Rooting for the playoffs, obviously. Go G-men.

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:26 PM
  #246
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,665
vCash: 500
Looking good so far. Just think it's too little too late. Good to see Randle and Wilson look real good so far, guys are gonna be important members of the team next year.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:42 PM
  #247
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Looking good so far. Just think it's too little too late. Good to see Randle and Wilson look real good so far, guys are gonna be important members of the team next year.
Definitely too late.

Bears up 10-3 after 1.

truebluegoalie is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:49 PM
  #248
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Depressing to see what the Giants are capable of in the last week of the season.

Easily the most hot-cold team I've seen.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:50 PM
  #249
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,665
vCash: 500
Sickens me that one of the Girls/Skins are gonna win the NFC East still.

What a ****ing chokejob by us this season.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 12:53 PM
  #250
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,649
vCash: 500
I hope its the Skins. All that really matters in this world is being superior to the Cowboys.

Machinehead is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.