HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Entry Level Contracts for Next Year

Old
01-11-2013, 06:45 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
Entry Level Contracts for Next Year

I was just curious who you think will be signed and who will not be renewed that the Blues currently have in their farm system with their current contracts in mind.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:02 AM
BDEuph
Hotty Toddy

Jaskin is probably tops on their list. Yanick Veilleux i would think is high on their radar as would be Ty Rattie (i dont think he has a ELC) and Jordan Binnington as well. Lundstrom as well. Those in Peoria...Bariball Fairchild Grachev look to be 4A players, kinda like Hensick.

BDEuph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:34 AM
BlueSinceBirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDEuph View Post
Jaskin is probably tops on their list. Yanick Veilleux i would think is high on their radar as would be Ty Rattie (i dont think he has a ELC) and Jordan Binnington as well. Lundstrom as well. Those in Peoria...Bariball Fairchild Grachev look to be 4A players, kinda like Hensick.
Rattie has already been signed I believe. You have to be a great AHL player to be on the level of Hensick, something which none of these players have become. I like Grachev in a 4th line kind of role, but he can barely light the lamp in the A. I wouldn't be suprised to see him bolt to KHL after the season.
I would be suprised to see Barriball, Sonne, Shattock, and Nigro ALL back after the season. They might hang on to a couple of them to fill out Peoria's roster. My money would be on Shattock and Nigro returning out of that group.

BlueSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Alklha

Both Rattie and Binnington have signed their ELC's. We'll be looking to tie up Lundström, Jaškin, Veilleux and probably Schmaltz as soon as the season is over.

As for the guys in Peoria, I find it difficult to even hazard a guess on most of the guys at this point. Safe to say that McRae, Allen and Fairchild will certainly get offered new deals.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSinceBirth View Post
I would be suprised to see Barriball, Sonne, Shattock, and Nigro ALL back after the season. They might hang on to a couple of them to fill out Peoria's roster. My money would be on Shattock and Nigro returning out of that group.
Shattock and Barriball. Shattock has gotten spot duty on Peoria's top line, and hasn't looked completely out of place, and the organization loves Barriball's speed and work ethic. I think both Sonne's and Nigro's ships have pretty much sailed...

I would guess that all of the major junior players who are eligible to be signed to ELC's after this year -- Jaskin, Veilleux, Edmundson and Tesink -- all will be. Tesink, because of his size (or lack of it), is the only one I'm "iffy" on.

Would really like to see the organization sign Teemu Eronen out of Jokerit, too...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Safe to say that McRae, Allen and Fairchild will certainly get offered new deals.
I don't know if it's "safe" to say that at all, frankly. McRae and Allen both seem to be stalling a bit in their development, and Fairchild's sophomore slump is, in a word, awful.

I would not be surprised to see two of those players, or even all three, offered as part of a package for an NHL-ready physical LD prospect who is facing a numbers game in his current organization, or for additional picks in this year's draft.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:59 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I don't know if it's "safe" to say that at all, frankly. McRae and Allen both seem to be stalling a bit in their development, and Fairchild's sophomore slump is, in a word, awful.

I would not be surprised to see two of those players, or even all three, offered as part of a package for an NHL-ready physical LD prospect who is facing a numbers game in his current organization, or for additional picks in this year's draft.
McRae and Fairchild might be trade bait at some point, but I highly doubt Allen goes anywhere. He's had a rough year, but both of his two years in Peoria have been promising. I'd be surprised if they gave up on him after having a bad couple of months. If it's going to bring back a long term partner for Petro, sure. If it's just going to add another depth Dman or forward, I don't see the point. He still has the potential to be a very good NHL goaltender.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote