HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

The Curious Case of Rick Dipietro

Old
12-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Hey Hanrahan

vCash: 500
The Curious Case of Rick Dipietro

Can anyone explain the status of Rick Dipietro of SC Riessersee? I believe he played one game for them shortly after joing them back in mid-October, but hasn't played since -- almost 2 full months. In fact, he hasn't even dressed as the backup. There were rumors circulating that he injured his groin, but I saw that the New York Post reported that he denied (via text) he was injured. He is still listed on the roster on the team's website.

I've spent a great deal of time searching the Internet for an explanation of what's going on to no avail. Can any of our German posters shed some light in the situation?

Hey Hanrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 01:36 AM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

He left the team on Tuesday. Don't know why he didn't play after the first game though. I assume that he was injured.

Auch Lockout-Spieler Condra und Di Pietro verlassen die Liga wieder

sturmthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

DiPietro wasn't injured - he was just too bad. http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-89470566.html (German)

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 04:29 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzig View Post
DiPietro wasn't injured - he was just too bad. http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-89470566.html (German)
Thanks for the find. How embarrassing is it that he will still have a job in the NHL because of that contact

Old
12-13-2012, 04:49 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Translated some of the more interesting lines.

Quote:
"Wir brauchten eigentlich keinen Torwart, hatte der Trainer gesagt, aber ich dachte mir, so eine Chance, die kommt nur einmal", sagt Bader. Er sitzt im Stadion des SC Riessersee und schaut auf die Eisfläche. Dort steht DiPietro im Tor, er ist seit gut zwei Wochen in Deutschland. Seine Mitspieler decken ihn gerade mit Schlagschüssen ein. DiPietro lässt einen nach dem anderen ins Netz.

Bader schüttelt den Kopf. "Er scheint Probleme mit der Fanghand zu haben."

Vermutlich würde Rick DiPietro viel dafür geben, wenn sein Problem nur die Fanghand wäre. Bader hatte schon gehört, dass DiPietro "etwasVerletzungspech" gehabt habe.

Bader senkt seinen Blick. Vielleicht hätte er wissen können, dass alles nur ein großes Missverständnis ist. Als er zum ersten Mal mit DiPietro in New York telefonierte, war dieser bereit, die eigene Versicherungsprämie zu zahlen, die sich Riessersee nie hätte leisten können. Sogar die Schläger wollte er mitbringen. Seinen Flug zahlte er auch selbst, 6000 Dollar, Business Class. DiPietro will unbedingt spielen, egal wo.
"We didn't actually need a goalie, the coach had said, but I thought to myself, such a chance only comes once", said Bader (GM of SC Riessersee). He sits in the stadium of SC Riessersee and looks at the ice rink. There sits DiPietro in goal. He has been in Germany for a good two weeks. His teammates cover him with slap shots. DiPietro lets one after the other into the net.

Bader shakes his head. "He seems to have problems with his glove hand."

Rick DiPietro would probably give up a lot, if his only problem was his glove hand. Bader had already heard that DiPietro has had "a little bad luck with injuries"

Bader looks down. Maybe he should have known, that everything is just a big misunderstanding. When he talked to DiPietro on the phone for the first time, he was willing to pay for his own insurance premium which Riessersee could have never achieved. He even wanted to bring his sticks with him. He paid for his flight himself too, $6,000, Business Class. DiPietro desperately wants to play. It doesn't matter where.

Last edited by sturmthis: 12-13-2012 at 05:02 PM.