HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
If they are moving, picks will do. Otherwise I'd imagine it'd be something like Couturier and B. Schenn, or Ryan O'Reilly and Sgarbossa. They want 2 very solid young NHLers/bluechips at minimum. If it's a more established player like Krejci, it'd be a more straight up deal. Maloney passed on Gagner and MPS, as an example.

I think they want 3 first round equivalents. So some mix of players and picks, depending on value. That's not to mean something like Yakupov, Hall and RNH at once. Not at all. Just the value you'd associate with a mid to late first round pick, or an equivalent young player. Complicating things is the fact the Coyotes don't want any D or goalies in return. Not many teams have the spare forwards to trade for Yandle.
This makes a lot of sense and I appreciate the response. Thank you!

Old
02-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Complicating things is the fact the Coyotes don't want any D or goalies in return. Not many teams have the spare forwards to trade for Yandle.
Plus the fact they're at 49 contracts I think? So some minor contracts would have to go with Yandle if he's traded for more than 2 players.

I like the idea of Schenn + Schenn. I dont see Yandle getting traded mid-season though, it'll be at the draft or during the off-season.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:12 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
I like the idea of Schenn + Schenn.
Yuck. B. Schenn hasn't exactly lit it up, and Luke would just be superfluous with the D in our system. I'd rather hardline for Couturier.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:04 PM
lanky

I'm watching Cervenka play in the Flames game right now and he's a real talent. I know that they're as desperate for centres as we are, probably even more than we are. So they'd be reluctant to trade away such a gem so shortly after finding him. They're also 30th in goals against with no defensive prospects in the stables. They'll also be out of the playoff race by the deadline and might consider tanking for one of the top centres in the draft.

Cervenka for Rundblad is probably overpayment. Cervenka for Stone and Lee probably isn't enough.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:03 AM
RafaNadal

Is Klesla going to be traded? Whit Schlemkos play and the strong play of the young d AND with the depth in d I dont see hos real value to the team. What kind of return would Klesla give?

Old
02-03-2013, 04:05 AM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
We'll give you Bryan Allen for a bag of pucks

Old
02-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Kaizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Plus the fact they're at 49 contracts I think? So some minor contracts would have to go with Yandle if he's traded for more than 2 players.

I like the idea of Schenn + Schenn. I dont see Yandle getting traded mid-season though, it'll be at the draft or during the off-season.
At least a couple of those contracts are sliders (Murphy & Lessio) so that would bring us effectively down to 47 contracts.

Old
02-03-2013, 07:54 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
We'll give you Bryan Allen for a bag of pucks
We can't afford a bag of pucks.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:09 AM
BUX7PHX

I've liked Matt Read from PHL since he jumped in the league, but I don't know if they are willing to give him up.

Would Rundbald for Read and a 4th make sense for PHL? Unfortunately, it adds $600+k to their payroll, as Rundblad is an RFA after the year. They have a lot of money tied up in Briere, and he could be the cap casualty. I also think that if the Flyers have not made the jump within top 10 of the East by the deadline, they may be willing to move some pieces to decrease their salary further.

Thoughts, although I doubt that the Flyers want to lose a good player at such a favorable contract?

Old
02-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Yotes one of many teams with scouts at the Florida vs. Buffalo game today:

Quote:
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards

Scouts at #FlaPanthers #Sabres: Chi, Edm, Phil, Col, Mont, #tbLightning, #nhlJets, Pitt, Det, Nash, SJ, Cbs, Phx, Ott, NYR, Ana, LAK, Tor

Old
02-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
I've liked Matt Read from PHL since he jumped in the league, but I don't know if they are willing to give him up.

Would Rundbald for Read and a 4th make sense for PHL? Unfortunately, it adds $600+k to their payroll, as Rundblad is an RFA after the year. They have a lot of money tied up in Briere, and he could be the cap casualty. I also think that if the Flyers have not made the jump within top 10 of the East by the deadline, they may be willing to move some pieces to decrease their salary further.

Thoughts, although I doubt that the Flyers want to lose a good player at such a favorable contract?
As a Flyers fan, I love it. They desperately need defensemen capable of making outlet passes/moving the puck. What's the deal with Rundblad? Has he been that bad this year?

Old
02-03-2013, 04:35 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink the Clown View Post
What's the deal with Rundblad? Has he been that bad this year?
He is the odd man out. Offense is not the problem this year, so Tippett has no patience for a guy who can't be counted on to be rock solid. Rundblad is really a victim of depth, and should be traded if the Coyotes can't get him NHL icetime. He didn't look out of place at all.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:25 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What's the deal with Rundblad? Has he been that bad this year?
He's fine. He's got great potential at being a second pairing guy with PP time. The problem is we've already got Yandle, Ekman-Larsson , Morris and Schlemko who are capable of providing offense while being rock solid defensively (except Yandle, who's all offense - a mature version of Rundblad).

Pretty sure we all expect one of our offensive d-men to be traded, whichever yields the best return. Rundblad could be it, but I wonder if we'd be better off trading Yandle and grow Rundblad. It'll probably depend what our playoff hopes look like by deadline, and whether our offense is clicking. If it is, Rundblad could be had for picks. If not, expect Yandle to go in exchange for a scoring forward.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Dangles McGavin
Embrace the Petri

Hey fellas,

Out of curiosity, how interested is Phoenix in Phil Kessel if Toronto decides to move towards rebuilding?

Old
02-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Boedker89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Hey fellas,

Out of curiosity, how interested is Phoenix in Phil Kessel if Toronto decides to move towards rebuilding?
Not very. He wouldn't fit in Tippett's system at all.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:53 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Hey fellas,

That's tough. If Toronto rebuilds, they'll be interested in picks and promising prospects, guys like Rundblad, Gormley or Miele. The problem is we can't add Kessel's salary. We just can't afford it. We could consider a Yandle - Kessel straight up trade, which would probably work financially, but I don't how interesting that is for a rebuilding team.

Last edited by zz: 02-03-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old
02-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Kessel would get 4 minutes a game under Tippett.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
He is the odd man out. Offense is not the problem this year, so Tippett has no patience for a guy who can't be counted on to be rock solid. Rundblad is really a victim of depth, and should be traded if the Coyotes can't get him NHL icetime. He didn't look out of place at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
He's fine. He's got great potential at being a second pairing guy with PP time. The problem is we've already got Yandle, Ekman-Larsson , Morris and Schlemko who are capable of providing offense while being rock solid defensively (except Yandle, who's all offense - a mature version of Rundblad).

Pretty sure we all expect one of our offensive d-men to be traded, whichever yields the best return. Rundblad could be it, but I wonder if we'd be better off trading Yandle and grow Rundblad. It'll probably depend what our playoff hopes look like by deadline, and whether our offense is clicking. If it is, Rundblad could be had for picks. If not, expect Yandle to go in exchange for a scoring forward.
Thanks guys. Has he been prone to turnovers, or are his outlet passes usually on the money?

Old
02-03-2013, 11:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Thanks guys. Has he been prone to turnovers, or are his outlet passes usually on the money?
He's been fairly blunder free. A couple of ill advised cross ice passes in his own zone and a couple of hobbled pucks a the blueline, maybe. Nothing too glaring. On another team he'd be an every day player.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Ted Mosby

Note that David Moss is Phil Kessel's cousin. Could add an interesting element when Kessel hits free agency in a year.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:21 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
Note that David Moss is Phil Kessel's cousin. Could add an interesting element when Kessel hits free agency in a year.
Won't be worth the money he will be asking. And like Bubba implied, not a Tippet kinda guy. Yandle for Kessel is a terrible idea...

Old
02-05-2013, 01:58 AM
Vip
Das it mane

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Won't be worth the money he will be asking. And like Bubba implied, not a Tippet kinda guy. Yandle for Kessel is a terrible idea...
We don't know that though. He could easily turn it around and buy into Tips system. He has been playing in Toronto and Boston and has been under a magnifying glass his whole career. Making the move to Phoenix could be especially good for him as he won't have to worry about the media breaking down his every single missed pass, giveaway etc.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:19 AM
_Del_

vCash: 50
I didn't think Whitney would fit, but he was fine. I'm not against Kessel, but I wouldn't trade Yandle for Kessel -- especially one headed to free agency. As far as free agents, maybe they can swing for the fences with a new owner.

Old
02-06-2013, 07:50 PM
XX
... Waiting

Eller is likely available for cheap. Peter Budaj has been awful. Something based around Barbs for Eller would be nice.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:49 PM
lanky

Quote:
Eller is likely available for cheap. Peter Budaj has been awful. Something based around Barbs for Eller would be nice.
Heck yeah that'd be nice. Maybe they'd toss in Emelin if we gave them Biz.

Closed Thread