HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-10-2013, 05:28 PM
  #776
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Of course you can. I expect money and ownership to come up every once in a while but the "QUEBEC NORDIQUES, TRADE DOAN, GUT THE TEAM, MALONEY AND TIPPETT ARE GONE, POOOOOR US" ******** is getting old.

Half that **** is just speculation, and while it may make sense and could very well happen, sitting here and pretending it already has just comes off as pathetic.

I want the rt that predicts trades and gives sarcastic ass replies, not some depressing Chicken Little.

I like the Capitals as a trade partner. Tons of offense and offensive prospects, we have tons of defense and defensive prospects.
the uncertainty is likely going to force this organization into making some moves that they would never otherwise make. We are positioned well but to ignore the ownership situation is the osterich approach to asset management. Smith is now in play and we have a gap at starting goalie next year. I'm okay with Labarbara gone to be honest but we now are looking for plan b. bernier out of la is one option but that costs us some assets as well.

hbk is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:34 PM
  #777
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING
 
RABBIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: L.A. California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
the uncertainty is likely going to force this organization into making some moves that they would never otherwise make. We are positioned well but to ignore the ownership situation is the osterich approach to asset management. Smith is now in play and we have a gap at starting goalie next year. I'm okay with Labarbara gone to be honest but we now are looking for plan b. bernier out of la is one option but that costs us some assets as well.
i never once said to ignore it, like i said, i know it will come up...but we are more dramatic than a 15 year old after a breakup. It's pathetic to look at, I just see drama rather than hockey talk.

RABBIT is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 05:42 PM
  #778
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
i never once said to ignore it, like i said, i know it will come up...but we are more dramatic than a 15 year old after a breakup. It's pathetic to look at, I just see drama rather than hockey talk.
It's a hockey forum where people try to explain their rationale. Regardless if you like it, they are entitled. Similar to my frustration with the main boards and the 6000 Gagner for Yandle proposals. Don't like it but its my choice to read it.

hbk is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
  #779
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 6,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
It's a hockey forum where people try to explain their rationale. Regardless if you like it, they are entitled. Similar to my frustration with the main boards and the 6000 Gagner for Yandle proposals. Don't like it but its my choice to read it.
You forgot to add Hanzal to it, after all, how will the Oils manage when they lose their emerging center.

Bishop would be cheaper than Bernier, cost less, and IMO, a better fit.

DesertDawg is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 06:20 PM
  #780
Jakey53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Marcus Johansson is a fantastic player who I think would be a great fit here. He's also an unacceptable primary piece in a trade for Keith Yandle. Not because he's a poor asset. He's young, cheap, skilled and has excellent upside. He's just what I'd be looking for. Too bad there is that one little issue that drops his value by at least 50% in my eyes; concussions. He's had four of them now and he's only 22. At the draft combine he had to disclose he'd already suffered three prior to his 18th birthday. I don't expect his career to be a long one, unfortunately.

If I'm a Caps fan, I consider Marcus Johansson an "A" asset with tremendous trade value. As a Yotes fan, I see a huge red flag flying over his dizzy head and instantly downgrade his trade value by half. I don't expect Caps fans to agree with me, but I expect there are 29 NHL GM's that do.
If that is the case with Johansson, I want no part of him. We have had our share of concussed players. None have turned out good.

Jakey53 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 06:37 PM
  #781
Jakey53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
the uncertainty is likely going to force this organization into making some moves that they would never otherwise make. We are positioned well but to ignore the ownership situation is the osterich approach to asset management. Smith is now in play and we have a gap at starting goalie next year. I'm okay with Labarbara gone to be honest but we now are looking for plan b. bernier out of la is one option but that costs us some assets as well.
So Smith doesn't want to talk extention. How easily they forget. The Coyotes probably saved his career, and now he wants stability. If I was him, I would sign an extention and not worry about the rest.I mean, who cares where you play,you are making millions playing a game. He is not having a outstanding year like last. He might be surprised at what his value really is. Greed is what sports is about nowadays.

Jakey53 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
  #782
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING
 
RABBIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: L.A. California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
It's a hockey forum where people try to explain their rationale. Regardless if you like it, they are entitled. Similar to my frustration with the main boards and the 6000 Gagner for Yandle proposals. Don't like it but its my choice to read it.
Not necessarily the same. Ownership talk belong in it's designated thread. Trade deadline talk belongs in here.

RABBIT is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 07:32 PM
  #783
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Not necessarily the same. Ownership talk belong in it's designated thread. Trade deadline talk belongs in here.
We may be forced into asset moves because of ownership. It's rationale for a move. Would we be talking about moving Smith if we had an owner? A resounding NO. So to separate the two is virtually impossible. I agree it's not preferred but to pretend these are mutually exclusive issues that have no effect on the other is preposterous.

hbk is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:19 PM
  #784
rt
Powers Gold Label
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 53,114
vCash: 500
The team doesn't necessarily have to relocate for us to lose key pieces. We don't know how far the nhl is willing to go. We witnessed the resolve of Gary Bettman and his owner's just recently in the lock out. They will not hesitate to take matters to the edge of a cliff. They haven't yet moved on price because they haven't yet absolutely had to. They haven't yet floated the team sans subsidy and eaten losses without CoG kicking in 25m because they haven't yet absolutely had to. They may be willing to do both. We don't know yet. So it is possible this franchise is given another season in Glendale to get things sorted out. That chance does exist.

It may not matter for Maloney, Tippett, and Smith. Even Shane Freaking Doan of all people nearly signed in Vancouver even though he knew the team would remain in Glendale for at least one more season. Mike Smith doesn't have that same attachment to this area.

The possibility of losing Smith is relevant to this discussion. If you trade Yandle and fail to acquire a goalie, only to see Smith sign somewhere else, you may have blown an opportunity. That's the point. You have to consider expiring contracts when acquiring new ones. That goes for all teams in all seasons, regardless of ownership drama.

__________________
All of it is Dave Tippett's fault. He's the worst.
rt is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:23 PM
  #785
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
So Smith doesn't want to talk extention. How easily they forget. The Coyotes probably saved his career, and now he wants stability. If I was him, I would sign an extention and not worry about the rest.I mean, who cares where you play,you are making millions playing a game. He is not having a outstanding year like last. He might be surprised at what his value really is. Greed is what sports is about nowadays.
Smith needs to regain his form of last season and play at that level consistently period. If he doesn't he may not garner much interest and this franchise may be one of very few suitors. It's a dangerous game of chicken. I understand where he's coming from though.

hbk is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:39 PM
  #786
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tipplandia
Country: United States
Posts: 40,446
vCash: 500
I wouldn't even sign Smith at this point. Not to the type of contract another team will throw at him. He isn't attached to the city, sure, but he has to be attached to Sean Burke and this defense. I think Burke can take any large goalie and turn him into something special. If Smith plays well and doesn't want to sign, I'd seriously look into moving him at the deadline. Maybe back to Tampa for Lindback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Not necessarily the same. Ownership talk belong in it's designated thread. Trade deadline talk belongs in here.
Discussion about the roster without considering all factors belongs on the fantasy hockey forum.


Last edited by Howler Scores: 03-10-2013 at 08:48 PM.
XX is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
  #787
rt
Powers Gold Label
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 53,114
vCash: 500
Also, while it may come off as harping on the issue, honestly it isn't even a whoa is me thing. It is simply reiteration of factors that can't be ignored, even if it makes one uncomfortable to consider them. It may be painful to imagine Tippett or Smith walking off. It was hard to see Whitney and Michalek leave. It might be difficult to imagine the team relocating. Just as it was difficult to see Doan nearly do the same. How can you talk about the future of the roster without considering Maloney, Tippett, and Smith? All are on expiring deals. There is at least as good a chance that none are Coyotes in four months as there is that they remain Coyotes four months from now.

rt is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 08:53 PM
  #788
rt
Powers Gold Label
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 53,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Discussion about the roster without considering all factors belongs on the fantasy hockey forum.
You are much more succinct than me.

rt is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:10 PM
  #789
Jakey53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Smith needs to regain his form of last season and play at that level consistently period. If he doesn't he may not garner much interest and this franchise may be one of very few suitors. It's a dangerous game of chicken. I understand where he's coming from though.
It's not him, it's his agent talking.Players can't or won't think for themself. Players are pampered. Maybe we can pick up Bryz for a $1 next year after the Flyers kick out his ***. If Smith or any other current Coyote do not want to be here with the rest of ther team mates, or wherever they play next year, trade them.

Jakey53 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:16 PM
  #790
Jakey53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Also, while it may come off as harping on the issue, honestly it isn't even a whoa is me thing. It is simply reiteration of factors that can't be ignored, even if it makes one uncomfortable to consider them. It may be painful to imagine Tippett or Smith walking off. It was hard to see Whitney and Michalek leave. It might be difficult to imagine the team relocating. Just as it was difficult to see Doan nearly do the same. How can you talk about the future of the roster without considering Maloney, Tippett, and Smith? All are on expiring deals. There is at least as good a chance that none are Coyotes in four months as there is that they remain Coyotes four months from now.
Whitney and Michalek said they left because of the ownership situation. I believe if truth be told it was all about money. GMDM and Tipp do not owe this franchise anything, they have done more, much more than anyone could have expected. If they decide to leave, I would hope all the best to both.

Jakey53 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 10:20 PM
  #791
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING
 
RABBIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: L.A. California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,372
vCash: 500
Say what you guys will, but I'm not "pretending" ****. You guys are tearing down bridges we haven't even crossed yet. Discuss moving Doan and Smith, i could care less. That's not what's annoying me, we can't seem to have 10 consecutive posts without someone bringing up politics. If this is my last year watching this team why the **** would i want to focus on what's going off the ice? I want to discuss hockey with you all, not an arena in Seattle. It's ironically funny to me that you tell me my talk belongs in the Fantasy Hockey Forum when you all seem to live in this fantasy world where you think you have any clue as to what the hell is going on behind the scenes, yet you flood every thread on this forum with your pessimistic predictions of "what Maloney will most likely do" as if you are a fly on his wall. I could honestly give two ***** who you want to trade or for whatever reasons, but bringing politics into EVERYTHING LITTLE THING we talk about is getting old. I know the difference between realism and drama. I know this team is on the outs and that there is a possibility that we may lose some key personnel because of it, and I'll talk about that all day with you in the proper time and place, but why keep bringing things up we already know? Enjoy the rest of this season, talk hockey for once in a long time. Quit trying to clue us in on issues we are already well aware of.

RABBIT is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 11:29 PM
  #792
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey53 View Post
Whitney and Michalek said they left because of the ownership situation. I believe if truth be told it was all about money. GMDM and Tipp do not owe this franchise anything, they have done more, much more than anyone could have expected. If they decide to leave, I would hope all the best to both.
Doan is the only guy that signed for less money to stay here, period. For everyone else, it is about money. Smith thought at the start of the year, he would play well, and be a free agent in a bidding war. There was no way he would have signed an extension for less then his perceived market value with the coyotes versus a bidding war. His value the way he is playing now is way less. If he was offered Getzlof money, he would have resigned regardless of where the coyotes play in the future. Players might as well say "I am up for the highest bidder, period". 99% of the time, that is what rules the day. It is not about team location, a good fit, coaching, all BS. Nothing wrong with it, it is what it is, just wish everyone, especially players would admit it...It is really an auction...

cobra427 is offline  
Old
03-10-2013, 11:54 PM
  #793
zz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
...
Whining and moaning about posts should be limited to the '*****ing' thread. You're killing my buzz.

Anyhoo, I'm not even sure whether we're buyers or sellers before the deadline. My guess is not much is going to happen until this summer once we know whether we have another season here.

After watching him play this season, if we can't sign him to a good deal, I have no problem with Smith giving free agency a try to see his value. It's fine. Right now he's replaceable, even more so than Bryzgalov was when he left.

zz is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 12:11 AM
  #794
SniperHF
Global Moderator
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 22,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
After watching him play this season, if we can't sign him to a good deal, I have no problem with Smith giving free agency a try to see his value. It's fine. Right now he's replaceable, even more so than Bryzgalov was when he left.
I wouldn't offer Smith anything beyond another 2 year deal right now. If he gets more somewhere else so be it. And if they do sign him to that 2 year deal they need to finally cut the cord on Labarbera. That way if Smith continues to be inconsistent they can demote him to Backup and bring someone else in. Either from the A from free agency.

The way he's playing we need 2 guys capable of starting several games in a row and Labarbera doesn't provide that.

SniperHF is online now  
Old
03-11-2013, 12:14 AM
  #795
rt
Powers Gold Label
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 53,114
vCash: 500
Politics? What does this have to do with politics? I am confused. I'm actually confused about your entire position. I see that you are frustrated, and would prefer not to read about how the team's ownership issues could potentially impact personnel decisions. It seems that you are particularly frustrated with speculation, though, which is really confusing me.

This is a fan speculation forum. This place exists for people like us to speculate. I'm not sure how you can seperate speculating on potential trades as acceptable and speculating on how the ownership issues might impact potential trades as unacceptable.

If I suggested we trade picks and prospects for Wolski and Mueller to help our offense, I imagine you might be willing to speculate that Maloney probably would not be open to such a thing. That's acceptible speculation, right?

If somebody suggests we trade picks and prospects for Gaborik and then somebody else speculates that he'd likely put us over the league imposed budget, is that acceptable? Borderline?

When does the line get crossed? When somebody suggests that we might want to hang onto our best tradeable assets until we have a better idea what our needs are this off-season? Is that too political? If somebody speculates that goaltending could potentially be a bigger need in three months than center is currently, are they a chickene little?

rt is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:18 AM
  #796
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING
 
RABBIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: L.A. California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Politics? What does this have to do with politics? I am confused. I'm actually confused about your entire position. I see that you are frustrated, and would prefer not to read about how the team's ownership issues could potentially impact personnel decisions. It seems that you are particularly frustrated with speculation, though, which is really confusing me.

This is a fan speculation forum. This place exists for people like us to speculate. I'm not sure how you can seperate speculating on potential trades as acceptable and speculating on how the ownership issues might impact potential trades as unacceptable.

If I suggested we trade picks and prospects for Wolski and Mueller to help our offense, I imagine you might be willing to speculate that Maloney probably would not be open to such a thing. That's acceptible speculation, right?

If somebody suggests we trade picks and prospects for Gaborik and then somebody else speculates that he'd likely put us over the league imposed budget, is that acceptable? Borderline?

When does the line get crossed? When somebody suggests that we might want to hang onto our best tradeable assets until we have a better idea what our needs are this off-season? Is that too political? If somebody speculates that goaltending could potentially be a bigger need in three months than center is currently, are they a chickene little?
I used politics as a designated cop out for lack of a better word to describe money and ownership.

Lol don't over think what i say dude, I'm simply saying i would rather talk about trades and hockey in the trade thread rather than how much Quebec will love our team. That's it. I hardly ever have anything negative to say to anyone or about anyhing on these boards. I've had about 3 rants on this forum im my 5 years of frequenting it, all of which have come within the last few months(2 of 3 with "OEL" ). It's just been pathetic how dramatic people can be. Jamison's bid falls through followed by a month of silence, and people start packing the Coyotes bags for them. It's just frustrating that i can't even talk hockey anymore with the people who i enjoy discussing it with.

That's it. Suddenly I'm "*****ing and complaining."

Whatever, maybe I'm just taking my rough day out on a damn keyboard.


Last edited by RABBIT: 03-11-2013 at 01:25 AM.
RABBIT is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:30 AM
  #797
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING
 
RABBIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: L.A. California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
Whining and moaning about posts should be limited to the '*****ing' thread. You're killing my buzz.

Anyhoo, I'm not even sure whether we're buyers or sellers before the deadline. My guess is not much is going to happen until this summer once we know whether we have another season here.

After watching him play this season, if we can't sign him to a good deal, I have no problem with Smith giving free agency a try to see his value. It's fine. Right now he's replaceable, even more so than Bryzgalov was when he left.
Hey, insult me all you want, i kinda like our little rivalry anyway

Talk hockey to with me? I'm game. Smith seems to be too comfortable in the number one spot now, i think that's his problem. He needs to play like he did when he first got here, he was fighting to prove he can be number one, now that he's been one, i feel pile he's less inspired.

RABBIT is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:33 AM
  #798
rt
Powers Gold Label
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: County Cork
Country: Ireland
Posts: 53,114
vCash: 500
I'm with you. I'd kill to never have ever typed "AMF", "COG", "BK", "Scruggs", "Baum", or "Balsillie". I'm not like those BoH guys. I don't find the business or legal aspects of professional sports even mildly interesting. I'd give anything to have that quiet little deal with Reinsdorf have gone through before Moyes had a chance to put this mess into bankruptcy court. I'm absolutely sick of this ownership fiasco permeating every aspect of my enjoyment of the sport of hockey. I can't even watch a junior hockey game without a black cloud. I watch the Oil Kings and think how cool it will be to have a Scottsdale kid like Hank playing for the Yotes one day soon or that Lazar is such a perfect Tippett player. Then I think, none of that will matter in Quebec. I hate it. I'm sick of it too. That said, I can't ignore it. The decision to relocate or not is only a few months away. That uncertainty impacts trade day whether we want it to or not.

rt is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 01:49 AM
  #799
RABBIT
KILLAFORNIA KING
 
RABBIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: L.A. California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'm with you. I'd kill to never have ever typed "AMF", "COG", "BK", "Scruggs", "Baum", or "Balsillie". I'm not like those BoH guys. I don't find the business or legal aspects of professional sports even mildly interesting. I'd give anything to have that quiet little deal with Reinsdorf have gone through before Moyes had a chance to put this mess into bankruptcy court. I'm absolutely sick of this ownership fiasco permeating every aspect of my enjoyment of the sport of hockey. I can't even watch a junior hockey game without a black cloud. I watch the Oil Kings and think how cool it will be to have a Scottsdale kid like Hank playing for the Yotes one day soon or that Lazar is such a perfect Tippett player. Then I think, none of that will matter in Quebec. I hate it. I'm sick of it too. That said, I can't ignore it. The decision to relocate or not is only a few months away. That uncertainty impacts trade day whether we want it to or not.
Exactly. It really doesn't register how much a sports team means to until adversity hits. If we lose a game or miss a deadline, i want to drive my car into a fine China shop. With all that said, I'm done complaining. I know where ya'll are coming from. Us Phoenix fans are a tight group though.

I'd punch a nun for you guys.

RABBIT is offline  
Old
03-11-2013, 07:16 AM
  #800
ImGoingNucks
The flying Orca
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mos Eisley
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,430
vCash: 407
Okay so we are in deep Sh** in Vancity atm. I personally would love some speed on the 1st line and bump Kessler to the second when he is healthy. Spread the talent a bit more.

What would it cost to get Boedker moved here?

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.