HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2013, 07:52 AM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'd trade Yandle for Couturier and a top six pick in an instant. I can't believe Philly would go for it, though.
I think it is possible if Holmgren is willing to overpay, but I do think it will take more than Yandle to get those 2 pieces, maybe the 'Yotes #1, maybe a top prospect.

The Flyers need a good puck moving type d-man to get back into contention. Getting a top draft pick ain't going to do it (they really don't need another top forward prospect and the odds are against them to get Seth Jones). No one is available in free agency. Yandle would be a perfect fit with the Flyers. He would actually have more value to the Flyers than he does with the Coyotes. It's all about the Flyers getting back to the playoffs and the availability of player to get them there. I do think the possibility is real that the Flyers will over pay for Yandle, they have the assets to make a trade for KY.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I would think so on Thomas. I'd offer Chris Summers for the rights to negotiate early.
No on Thomas. Will want to much $$$,and I think his attitude sucks.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Would a package including some combo of Klesla, Moss, Summers, Tikhonov, and/or picks (not the 1st) be enough to grab us a decent scoring forward?
I would think so. GM's always over pay at the trade deadline,and the way it looks D will be at a premium. We have alot of pieces that we can dangle. For me, everyone on this team except OEL is available. GMDM could really load up on talent and picks, and this is a very deep draft.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:58 PM
HanzalSoHotRightNow

I can't see the team trading Klesla or Smith but I would like them to acquire someone who can bring some life to this offense.
Why didn't they resign Brule? I think the team could've benefited from having him this season.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:13 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzalSoHotRightNow View Post
I can't see the team trading Klesla or Smith but I would like them to acquire someone who can bring some life to this offense.
Why didn't they resign Brule? I think the team could've benefited from having him this season.
Didn't Brule get cut from a Swiss team?

Old
03-23-2013, 04:16 PM
HanzalSoHotRightNow

Quote:
Didn't Brule get cut from a Swiss team?
Sure did. I think it was in October or September.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
That's just not a realistic scenario from their end. I would expect them to hang up if that's the stance we take. I would.
Which would be perfectly fine with me.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:04 PM
jdfitz12

if we can pull it off .... I would like to see GMDM pull off a deal for
Kopecy or Fleischman to play with Hanzal and Vrbata.
comments???

Old
03-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Any coyotes rumors around anywhere? You guys seem to be able to find all the guys that mention them. Has anybody looked lately?

Old
03-23-2013, 07:43 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Any coyotes rumors around anywhere? You guys seem to be able to find all the guys that mention them. Has anybody looked lately?
I'm sure Maloney is waiting to see what happens with Smith and how the team responds against the Wings. There's actually relatively little that must be done at the deadline. Chips like Klesla, Morris, Yandle etc... are under contract for next season. About the only two I could see being moved at the deadline are Raffi and Gordon. Trading for Yandle would likely cost your team a key piece if you are in the playoffs, and teams at the bottom are better off letting current players play out the string to evaluate them.

That being said, if someone wants to do something stupid I'm sure Maloney will be there to help them along.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Sciamachy
Formerly Sceva Sct

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfitz12 View Post
if we can pull it off .... I would like to see GMDM pull off a deal for
Kopecy or Fleischman to play with Hanzal and Vrbata.
comments???
If the price on Kopecky is right I might have interest, don't see a scenario that Fleischmann comes here.

If we move Gordon at the deadline or lose him as a UFA I'd be curious to see if we could get Goc out of Florida.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I'm sure Maloney is waiting to see what happens with Smith and how the team responds against the Wings. There's actually relatively little that must be done at the deadline. Chips like Klesla, Morris, Yandle etc... are under contract for next season. About the only two I could see being moved at the deadline are Raffi and Gordon. Trading for Yandle would likely cost your team a key piece if you are in the playoffs, and teams at the bottom are better off letting current players play out the string to evaluate them.

That being said, if someone wants to do something stupid I'm sure Maloney will be there to help them along.
If a team needs D for the playoff run, they will go after a player with or without a contract next year, especially if their contract is reasonable and most of ours are.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Mosby
Howl On

If Smith isn't re-signed, I see four options for next year's goalie: sign Thomas, or trade for Bishop, Neuvirth, or Hiller (as unlikely as a trade with the Ducks may be)

Other than that, I think we'll see our key free agents re-signed: Chipchura, Gordon, C. Johnson (UFAs), plus Boedker, Korpikoski, Stone, and Klinkhammer (RFAs). I'm assuming UFAs Sullivan, Lombardi, and LaBarbera are cut loose, and there probably isn't room up front for Torres (UFA) either.

To my count, that leaves just 2 spots open: a No. 1 centre and a second line winger. I still think our depth on D allows GMDM to revisit a Yandle trade, and the Flyers may have the pieces to make that work. Couturier and their 1st should be definites. There's also potential here for a bigger deal, if we include Vermette and they throw in Briere.

Free agency for a winger: Ideally we’re looking for size, speed, and natural scoring talent (what GM isn’t?), all for a great price. Some options include: Brad Boyes, Clarke MacArthur, Michael Ryder, Nathan Horton, Valterri Filppula. Pencil in what you like at the $3M-$4M range.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:33 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
If Smith isn't re-signed, I see four options for next year's goalie: sign Thomas, or trade for Bishop, Neuvirth, or Hiller (as unlikely as a trade with the Ducks may be)

Other than that, I think we'll see our key free agents re-signed: Chipchura, Gordon, C. Johnson (UFAs), plus Boedker, Korpikoski, Stone, and Klinkhammer (RFAs). I'm assuming UFAs Sullivan, Lombardi, and LaBarbera are cut loose, and there probably isn't room up front for Torres (UFA) either.

To my count, that leaves just 2 spots open: a No. 1 centre and a second line winger. I still think our depth on D allows GMDM to revisit a Yandle trade, and the Flyers may have the pieces to make that work. Couturier and their 1st should be definites. There's also potential here for a bigger deal, if we include Vermette and they throw in Briere.

Free agency for a winger: Ideally we’re looking for size, speed, and natural scoring talent (what GM isn’t?), all for a great price. Some options include: Brad Boyes, Clarke MacArthur, Michael Ryder, Nathan Horton, Valterri Filppula. Pencil in what you like at the $3M-$4M range.
Toronto is also going to need to move a goalie at some point as well when they deal for a goalie. The Blues as well if Jake Allen is in their top 2. Vokoun out of Pitsburgh is an option. Khabby will be available. The market for goalies is remarkably better than it was when we originally signed Smith. We have options and with the cap dropping you can't really horde an expensive backup.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Mosby
Howl On

I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs go for Khabibulin at the deadline, particularly if they're still holding down a playoff spot. Clearly Reimer is the starter, but Bulin gives some insurance. IIRC, they discussed Bulin last year but weren't interested in his remaining term. Now he's a pending UFA and should only cost a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Would love to see Detroit get Yandle not sure what Phoenix would want from Detroit for him maybe I could see Nyquist and I'm sure they would want Smith and I would be willing to trade Smith for Yandle that's problably the only player I would trade Smith for. Maybe Filppula, Nyquist and Smith from Detroit for Keith Yandle maybe a 2nd on the conditions that Filppula would sign with Phoenix.

Last edited by Number1RedWingsFan52: 03-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old
03-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:

Filppula will cost you way more then $3m-$4m range try more like $5m-$5.5m range If he were to only cost In the $3m-$4m range Detroit would have already had him resigned.

Old
03-24-2013, 11:53 AM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Would love to see Detroit get Yandle not sure what Phoenix would want from Detroit for him maybe I could see Nyquist and I'm sure they would want Smith and I would be willing to trade Smith for Yandle that's problably the only player I would trade Smith for. Maybe Filppula, Nyquist and Smith from Detroit for Keith Yandle maybe a 2nd on the conditions that Filppula would sign with Phoenix.
GMDM would never trade yandle for another defenseman. Need scooooring

Old
03-24-2013, 11:56 AM
hbk

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs go for Khabibulin at the deadline, particularly if they're still holding down a playoff spot. Clearly Reimer is the starter, but Bulin gives some insurance. IIRC, they discussed Bulin last year but weren't interested in his remaining term. Now he's a pending UFA and should only cost a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
See and I view Mike Smith as a perfect "rental" player for the Leafs.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaNadal View Post
Well I did'nt think so, Because the whole reason of moving Yandle Is because of all of the talent that Phoenix has In there Defensive Prospects and Filppula and Nyquist would surely give Phoenix the scoring they need.

Old
03-24-2013, 12:26 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'm thinking Feaster goes full retard, sells of his older, more expensive vets for futures and then instead of calling it a day like a reasonable person, he'll immediately parlay them into slightly younger but equally expensive veterens. My magic eightball shows me Mike Green will be a Flame before too long. Washington needs a culture change desperately and Green fits the mold perfectly as as an ill advised Jay Feaster blueline acquisition.

That might put Washington in the Yandle market. I love Washington as a potential partner for a Yandle deal. Filip Forsberg is great. Their first rounder will probably be after five but before ten, and could possibly be in play.

03-24-2013, 02:55 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RafaNadal View Post
I think we still pick up a D to guarantee eight healthy defenseman who can play:

OEL
Morris
Klesla
Michalek
Schlemko
Stone
--------
Rundblad
Summers
XXXXXXXX

Someone will not be healthy at some point, and if we pick up someone who is an average 2nd liner or 5/6 with some upside, but a lower ceiling - slot him in with Schlemko or Stone. Obviously, we could simply keep Rundblad and Summers up, but there is a reason why we do have them in the NHL only for brief periods at a time.

That Filpulla/Nyquist offer of forwards is intriguing. Is Abdelkader a possibility instead of Nyquist?

I just don't know if we'd be as keen on offering Yandle to a Western Conference team...

Old
03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Nuquist has ten times the trade value of abdelkader.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:58 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
That Filpulla/Nyquist offer of forwards is intriguing. Is Abdelkader a possibility instead of Nyquist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
I just don't know if we'd be as keen on offering Yandle to a Western Conference team...
Gold Jerry. Gold.

Yandle has been linked to Philly, Washington and Pittsburgh the most from what I've read. Ottawa and Detroit have kicked the tires but didn't like the price.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:56 PM
XX
Lots of Try

For those that don't peruse the trade board

Quote:
Andrew Dintino ‏@ADintino_TOU
Paul Holmgren and Don Maloney (GM of Phoenix) having a conversation in the Consol Energy Center press box. #Flyers
https://twitter.com/ADintino_TOU/sta...51089688145920

Rick TocchetVerified account ‏@RealRocket22

Don Maloney GM for Phx at Pens Flyers game ..have a feeling there could be a Phx Flyers deal in the future.
https://twitter.com/RealRocket22/sta...41658795597826
Maloney has been pretty heavy on Pittsburgh. Not sure what from their current roster he'd be interested in.

Closed Thread