HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Fleury

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2005, 11:26 AM
arnie

vCash: 500
Fleury

Dany Sabourin GAA 1.50 SV% 0.945
Marc-Andre Fleury GAA 2.49 SV% 0.903

The Fleury apologists no longer have any excuses. It ain't the WBS defense that's the problem.

Old
02-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Form and Substance

Are you trying to start **** up?

Old
02-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Avid

Send a message via AIM to Avid
Fleury has played 4x more games.

Old
02-20-2005, 11:55 AM
bruins4777*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie

The Fleury apologists no longer have any excuses. It ain't the WBS defense that's the problem.
As long as sabourin's been called up he's far outdueled fleury, this is nothing new.

Old
02-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Reilly311

*YAWN*

Old
02-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Reilly311

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777
As long as sabourin's been called up he's far outdueled fleury, this is nothing new.
really? How many Wilke Barre games have you been to?

Old
02-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Rowsdower

Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
For someone so enamored with stats, you conveniantly left of games played. I highly doubt Sabourin would have the numbers he does if he saw as many games as Fleury. But this rehased garbage is what one would expect out of you.

You also left off wins. Fleury is 19-11. Sabo in all his dominance, is 4-3. I don't care how pretty the stats look, if Maffy can make the saves that count.

Old
02-20-2005, 01:03 PM
bruins4777*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly311
really? How many Wilke Barre games have you been to?
one, but its ccommon knowledge thats been going around for a while. FLeury has struggled, its not uncommon for a goalie to have a bad streak, and as of late its obvious that sabourin has been better.

Fleury is a better goalie still, has played more, has won games, but HAS struggled. There is a reason his coach flipped out on him not too long ago. Fleury will be the better goalie in the future, and this small little tidbit of sabourin doing better than fleury for a short period of time is really nothing and doesn't mean as much as this guy is making it seem, but fact is fact that sabourin has been outplaying fleury.

John Grahame ousted khabibulin for a part of the season last year, but is there a question of whos the better goalie there?

Patrice Bergeron ousted thornton a good number of nights, but is there a question there of who's better?

Toskala was much better than nabokov at the begining of the season, but once again is it hard to see who's better?

Small streaks were a lower player out duels a better player is not something completely out of the ordinary, it happens. No player is perfect for an entire season, its impossible unless the season is 10 games long.

fyi, this is coming from a big fleury hater.

Old
02-20-2005, 01:06 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Fleury is one of the most amazing goaltenders ever. Stats really dont mean everything - Everyone always complains about stats yet some of the best players in the league have the worst stats (Norstrom). So what Fleury doesnt have the best stats watch him play before you judge him you will be amazed at the blocks he makes
To your thought of him being worse then the other golie you also have to put into context who was he playing and then how did the whole team play

Old
02-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Evilo

Arnie says Duba is playing on a bush league team and is not a legitimate prospect.
Yet he dominates in a tougher league than Sabourin and for several years.
Sabourin gets a good stretch and is suddenly the Pens goale of the future?

I'll remind our dear friend Arnie that Fleury has had a more amazing stretch in the NHL than Sabourin in the AHL. And younger. Behind a worse team.

Basically Arnie, go dress yourself.

Old
02-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie

I thought I told you to stay out of the big boy boards! Everyone viewing this thread is now dumber because of YOU.

Go look at NJ's backup goalie's stats. GO LOOK. See the correlation?

I don't think anyone every claimed WBS's defense was weak. I think WBS's defense is actually pretty strong when on their game. The problem was that a high percentage of the shots they give up are legitimate scoring opportunities. The team was also prone to defensive breakdowns. WBS as a team has been on a tear recently, playing extremely good hockey. I'm not trying to take anything away from Sabourin. I've seen him in Wheeling, he's a great goalie. But I've also seen Fleury, and to imply that Sabourin is the Pens goalie of the future is beyond moronic. Sabourin, along with Caron, Chiodo, Duba, etc., are all vying for that backup spot. The starter spot is Fleury's to lose, and he's on no pace to lose it any time soon.

Old
02-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Levitate

what's with the straw man arguments

i don't think he even implied that Sabourin is the pens goalie of the future. he is simply trying to prove that fleury has been struggling. whether or not he makes a good case is irrelevant to what i'm saying...

Old
02-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

What did mankind ever do to deserve your existance?

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
02-21-2005, 11:58 AM
bruins4777*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
what's with the straw man arguments

i don't think he even implied that Sabourin is the pens goalie of the future. he is simply trying to prove that fleury has been struggling. whether or not he makes a good case is irrelevant to what i'm saying...
The guy who started this thread, decided to go into the pens section and make a thread about how sabourin is the new goalie of the future

Old
02-21-2005, 02:20 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777
The guy who started this thread, decided to go into the pens section and make a thread about how sabourin is the new goalie of the future
Don't take his opinions seriously. he just makes pathetic attmepts to rile up Pens fans while using incredibly faulty logic and arguments that have more holes than you can count. We really don't pay attention to him and neither should anyone else.

Old
02-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Levitate

Quote:
ah, i wasn't aware of that information

Closed Thread