HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

HF Boards' Healthy Body Transformation Thread - Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Unaffiliated

vCash: 500
I hate those feet shoe things. No offense.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
I hate those feet shoe things. No offense.
None taken. They're not for everyone.

I love them, saw huge gains when I switched to them in my times and they also corrected my form enough to get rid of some minor knee and neck problems I'd have running. Feet also don't blister in them, and I had a pair of Nike Free Run and Aisics that I would never not get blisters even if just running 2-3 miles. These I would only get them if I went 10+ miles.

Old
01-15-2013, 03:20 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Anyone of you guys ever have to deal with foot pain? Went for a run Saturday, was fine the rest of the day, woke up, and now every time I push off my toes even when just walking at a normal pace, it hurts like crazy. Not even sure how to describe the pain... almost feels like you need to crack your foot, but it just won't, combined with a deep bruise maybe? Checked WebMD and some other sites, but can't figure out what it is. It's towards the back of my foot, on the outside of it, where the pain is felt.

Really don't want to go to the doctor if it's something that will go away in a few days, as I don't have health insurance at the moment. I've had numerous foor ailments/soreness from running before which just needed a few days, but this one feels different. Best I can tell from looking at foot diagrams is that the pain is near the subtalar joint, but only when I push off my toes when walking.

I did something to my foot in floor hockey back in November and it's still bothering me, sounds kind of similar to what you're describing. I'll probably go get it checked out soon.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:05 AM
KISSland

I need to find recipes that I can make in bulk that are low in carbs. **** your brown rice.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

I got this sharp pain in my knee today. It was wierd. I got it after tying my shoes of all things. I waited a bit and went for a run. I had no problems then but now it`s back. It`s a sharp pain on the outside of my knee.

Old
01-16-2013, 04:55 AM
blue425

What's going on in here? Clearly the injury bug is making its rounds.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:11 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

At the gym right now, first time in over a week. Still feel like ****. Good to be back though I guess.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Those were the days

Up at 7 AM at the gym

Can't be like that no more

Old
01-16-2013, 05:52 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

And I say

You go early so you don't get the night crowd

Can't get anything done at night with all the littles at the gym. Ain't want to wait in line

Old
01-16-2013, 05:54 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

5 am. Nothin better.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:05 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Amazing what some people will do to take the easy way out. Instead of eating reasonable amounts of healthier food and exercise they get things like this. http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...ter-meals.html

Quote:
A new that device that lets people eat as much as they want, while still losing weight, is now available to consumers in Europe - but they'll need a pretty strong stomach to handle it.

The AspireAssist is essentially a self-operated stomach pump designed to help combat obesity.

It works by allowing a patient to empty food from their stomach straight into the toilet after eating through a tube connected to an access-port in the abdomen.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:55 AM
blue425

The ****?!?!

Old
01-16-2013, 07:39 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 50
Now that's ****ed up!

Old
01-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Got myself back to the gym and did some chest and finished it up with the p90x ab ripper when I got home. Good day..still a little sick though, don't have all my strength back yet.

Again, heard a lot of people coughing/blowing nose in the gym today..I'd imagine it's hard not to catch a cold in there, all sick people touching the same weights/machines.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:27 PM
blue425

I think I'm getting sick. ****ing hope not.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:01 AM
TheMuumio

Was at a party and afterwards went to a bar with friends, didn't drink a single drink with alcohol and only one soft drink. It was really difficult at times when people were getting more and more drunk and acting stupid. At least gave me some idea what I might be like in drunk.
It was a good choice in the end: can go to gym tonight and also do intervals.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

I picked up Starting Strength and I started reading it. I've been thinking about starting weight training again. I stopped a few years ago due to elbow tendinitis. It's feeling a lot better lately. I don't think I ever really knew what I was doing before. I was initially thinking of doing some free weight stuff, but I think i'll pick up a membership at a nearby gym and start doing the barbell exercises suggested in that book. I'm not as young and stupid as before, so I'll take it slow and focus on form.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Got myself back to the gym and did some chest and finished it up with the p90x ab ripper when I got home. Good day..still a little sick though, don't have all my strength back yet.

Again, heard a lot of people coughing/blowing nose in the gym today..I'd imagine it's hard not to catch a cold in there, all sick people touching the same weights/machines.
Weird, I wouldn't even consider doing chest (or legs even moreso) if I thought I was still a little sick. To each his own, though.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:08 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Weird, I wouldn't even consider doing chest (or legs even moreso) if I thought I was still a little sick. To each his own, though.
Since my Pneumonia last spring I have this lasting bronchial infection which flares up and makes me "sick" (I cough a tonne and have a slightly runny nose, but I don't really feel it in my head/emotionally/appetite) and I still go to the gym simply because it seems to happen so often and usually lasts at least a week.

Old
01-17-2013, 02:06 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Haven't had soda for almost a month. Been making more of my meals at home.

I think I've dropped one pant size. My size 46 dickies require a belt now or they fall off my hips. I can fit back into my size 42 dickies, but they're still a little tight.

I've started doing jumping jacks in the morning. Did 40 this morning.

Old
01-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
Since my Pneumonia last spring I have this lasting bronchial infection which flares up and makes me "sick" (I cough a tonne and have a slightly runny nose, but I don't really feel it in my head/emotionally/appetite) and I still go to the gym simply because it seems to happen so often and usually lasts at least a week.
I meant that I would do anything besides chest and legs, because of headaches/light-headedness I associate with being sick. Not that I wouldn't go.

Like, I would choose doing arms rather than chest. I've had bad experiences in the past trying to do things like squats, deads, bench, military, etc. while sick. I get super light-headed and feel like passing out.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:52 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
I meant that I would do anything besides chest and legs, because of headaches/light-headedness I associate with being sick. Not that I wouldn't go.

Like, I would choose doing arms rather than chest. I've had bad experiences in the past trying to do things like squats, deads, bench, military, etc. while sick. I get super light-headed and feel like passing out.
Yeah I know, but when it lasts up to two weeks I don't really have the choice (IMO) of skipping chest or any specific days really. But yeah, chest/tris was miserable last Monday. The last two haven't been bad though.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:18 PM
KISSland

Just saw his channel today:

Greatest ever?

Old
01-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Just saw his channel today:

Greatest ever?
Hilarious..this video reminded of when I first started working out. I always went with my two bigger buddies and felt like I needed them with me to bench or I felt like a pipsqueak

Old
01-17-2013, 05:50 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Alright HF, I want a movie-star set of abs. I'm 5'8", weigh 155lbs and workout a lot. What do I need to do!?

Closed Thread