HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

HF Boards' Healthy Body Transformation Thread - Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 11:13 AM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
What if I just eat dinner an hour before heading to the gym? Do I still need to eat after?
I eat lunch, have a protein shake, PWO, go to the gym for an hour or two, come home have a mass gainer.

Yes.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Unaffiliated

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
Sorry that my comparisons were poor sir, I don't consider myself to be a newbie at the gym, so its not easy for me to come up with other newbie scenarios like curling at the bench.

Posting at the gym at 5am BTW. Using proper gym etiquette.
At my gym, dicking around on your phone at the gym is considered poor etiquette (because you're taking up space for no real good reason).

Who honestly gives a **** at 5am, when you're the only one there? Exactly.

Not even going to bother with Wilder, who is now actually asking people Do You Even Lift

Old
01-26-2013, 02:03 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
At my gym, dicking around on your phone at the gym is considered poor etiquette (because you're taking up space for no real good reason).

Who honestly gives a **** at 5am, when you're the only one there? Exactly.

Not even going to bother with Wilder, who is now actually asking people Do You Even Lift
Except I was posting while stretching in the open room. Taking up zero extra space or equipment. I'm not a gym newbie I know how to act.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:41 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
If you don't spend more than 20 minutes in the rack, I'm guessing you probably don't unless you're a bench & curl monkey.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
If you don't spend more than 20 minutes in the rack, I'm guessing you probably don't unless you're a bench & curl monkey.

Gym is chock-full and other people need rack too -> let them set in with me.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:57 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:

Gym is chock-full and other people need rack too -> let them set in with me.

What are you babbling about? It sounds like you're moving the goalposts from your earlier statement but with your poor writing skills it is hard to tell.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Except I was posting while stretching in the open room. Taking up zero extra space or equipment. I'm not a gym newbie I know how to act.
My bad. Shouldn't have assumed anything.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Yeah I used to put whey, berries and a banana in the blender for PWO drink but I think berries mess my digestion up so I just went back to protein only. Gotta buy some bananas though.
Used to make smoothies with protein because I had a Rocky Road flavor protein from GNC outlet that tasted awful.

Had to mask it

Old
01-27-2013, 11:02 AM
RayP

Quote:
Taking up mat space. What if someone wanted to stretch or do ab work, but couldn't because you were dicking around and posting on HFB while someone else could have been productively using that mat? What a waste. :shaekehad

Old
01-27-2013, 11:13 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Taking up mat space. What if someone wanted to stretch or do ab work, but couldn't because you were dicking around and posting on HFB while someone else could have been productively using that mat? What a waste. :shaekehad
Unless they planned on sitting on my lap, which bench curlers would probably advocate, I was taking up enough space for myself to stretch. Rayp, you are at least marginally smarter than that. Come on.

Unless its the concept of using your legs and hands at the same time that blows your mind. Upon which, my condolences.

Posted while on the eliptical btw. So unless someone wants to saddle up on me, still using proper etiquette.

Last edited by IkeaMonkey*: 01-27-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Unless they planned on sitting on my lap, which bench curlers would probably advocate, I was taking up enough space for myself to stretch. Rayp, you are at least marginally smarter than that. Come on.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:48 AM
Kitten Mittons

Lol eliptical. Lol cardio. DYEL????

Old
01-27-2013, 01:07 PM
KISSland

Hey guys I was wondering is there any cheaper alternatives to dumbbells that you can get at home or elsewhere? Not looking at milk jugs, water bottles, etc ... Thanks FAM .

Old
01-27-2013, 01:58 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
Hey guys I was wondering is there any cheaper alternatives to dumbbells that you can get at home or elsewhere? Not looking at milk jugs, water bottles, etc ... Thanks FAM .
Have you checked Craigslist?

How about a milk bag?

Old
01-27-2013, 04:02 PM
RayP

Hey Lynk, I was looking at the label on the 2:1:1, and saw that they say after a workout to use 2 scoops. That's 420 calories, 70 carbs, and almost 35 grams of protein. That seems like an awful lot, no? I normally go to the gym right after work, and then head home for dinner which is usually ready 30-45 minutes after the gym. Think a single scoop would be enough?

Old
01-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Hey Lynk, I was looking at the label on the 2:1:1, and saw that they say after a workout to use 2 scoops. That's 420 calories, 70 carbs, and almost 35 grams of protein. That seems like an awful lot, no? I normally go to the gym right after work, and then head home for dinner which is usually ready 30-45 minutes after the gym. Think a single scoop would be enough?
If you're getting a really solid lifting session in, then that ratio will be just fine.

A lot of supplements today are making their waxy maize carb sources have about 60-70g of carbs anyways so I wouldn't worry too much about it. And between 25-35g of protein is generally deemed optimal.

If anything, try and push your meal back to about an hour after you consume your PWO.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:11 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
If you're getting a really solid lifting session in, then that ratio will be just fine.

A lot of supplements today are making their waxy maize carb sources have about 60-70g of carbs anyways so I wouldn't worry too much about it. And between 25-35g of protein is generally deemed optimal.

If anything, try and push your meal back to about an hour after you consume your PWO.
Ok... thanks. I don't technically count calories, but do look at them, and didn't realize till now it was 2 scoops they say to take... and thought that was a pretty high number.

While on the subject, found a site that sells it for only $32 and offers $5 shipping. They also have shakers for $1.50. Yeah they might suck, but worth getting a couple just to have in case maybe they don't leak.

www.allstarhealth.com

Old
01-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

http://www.latimes.com/business/mone...,2176497.story

Quote:
Brominated vegetable oil, a synthetic chemical that has been patented in Europe as a flame retardant, will no longer double as an ingredient in Gatorade sports drinks.

Molly Carter, a spokeswoman for Gatorade owner PepsiCo Inc., said the company has been considering the move for more than a year, working on a way to take out the ingredient without affecting the flavor of the drink.

A recent petition on Change.org to drop the chemical – which has more than 200,000 supporters – did not inspire the decision, Carter said, though she acknowledged that consumer feedback was the main impetus.

In the petition, posted by Sarah Kavanagh of Hattiesburg, Miss., “BVO” is described as banned in Japan and the European Union.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:56 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

USPLabs sent me a bottle of Versa-1. Stoked. Gonna add it to my DAA cycle. Bananas as ****.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
USPLabs sent me a bottle of Versa-1. Stoked. Gonna add it to my DAA cycle. Bananas as ****.
**** that's lucky.

I've heard nothing but the best things with that product.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Kitten Mittons

So what's up with that DAA?

Old
01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
So what's up with that DAA?
What do you mean whats up with dat der DAA?

Gonna Barry Bonds it up, son. And like I said BANANAS.

Last edited by IkeaMonkey*: 01-27-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old
01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
RayP

What does the velvet bean extract do?

Old
01-27-2013, 08:12 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
What does the velvet bean extract do?

Quote:
Mucuna can be a very beneficial supplement for bodybuilders. It is high in the amino acid L-Dopa which helps lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels. L-Dopa has been used as an anti-Parkinson's disease drug.

Another benefit of Mucuna, is that it can increase the production of HGH (Human Growth Hormone). An increase in HGH levels can increase the body's ability to build lean muscle and break down fat.

Mucuna has also been shown to have diuretic effects. It increases tissue resiliency and improves coordination. Mucuna can also increase testosterone levels, which in turn can lead to increased muscle mass and strength.

In history, Mucuna has been used as an aphrodisiac. It is still used to increase libido in both men and women, and can help with erectile dysfunction. It was also used to treat depression, nervous disorders, and to help improve mental alertness
This.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:17 PM
RayP

That something you make an effort to take year round?

Closed Thread