HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

HF Boards' Healthy Body Transformation Thread - Part 5

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2013, 02:51 PM
  #826
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Charles View Post
I went to buy one once and couldn't believe how expensive they are. Just ended up taking the back off of an old kitchen chair to save the money.
Yeah theyre retarded expensive. You can make your own and i would have done that but i live in the middle east and its a major pain in the ass to find supplies etc including the proper wood. Not to mention to cost to ship one here due to weight

So finally after searching for over a year and considering all sorts of options i went to a sports store by chance that i had asked about a box already and they are now getting them made in country. Quality isnt all that great bit its durable and has rubber matting for grip so i cant complain.

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 02:56 PM
  #827
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 341
Did Pure Cardio yesterday while wearing sweatpants and two sweat shirts with the heat on. I think that is the most sweat i've ever seen.

AndyPipkin is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 03:17 PM
  #828
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: Fiji
Posts: 25,467
vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I need motivation. Haven't worked out for months.
Every day you don't work out is just an extra day for your enemies to catch up to you.

No Fun Shogun is online now  
Old
02-17-2013, 04:39 PM
  #829
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun shogun View Post
every day you don't work out is just an extra day for your enemies to catch up to you.
boom.

Lynk is online now  
Old
02-17-2013, 04:44 PM
  #830
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,550
vCash: 500
Only went to the gym twice this week. Lots of fast food and drinking too. ****. I don't want to work out anymore.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 05:48 PM
  #831
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev
 
SixthSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,135
vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Only went to the gym twice this week. Lots of fast food and drinking too. ****. I don't want to work out anymore.
I had three beers yesterday, and I paid for it today.

Interval sprints for the win.

SixthSens is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 06:18 PM
  #832
SomeDude
Registered User
 
SomeDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburghish
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 500
Just started to get serious about getting in shape for the first time in about 8 years. I went from playing college hockey and working out 7 days a week to doing absolutely nothing for the better part of a decade because I was burnt out, and incredibly lazy, and put on around 70 lbs.

I completely changed my diet, cut my calorie intake in half, only eat fresh fruit/veggies and chicken breast or lean steak, and drink tons of water. I'm in the gym 6 days a week for around 2 hours and rotate my cardio day-to-day between elliptical (knee took a beating over the years and the treadmill is too painful. Hopefully when I drop more weight it'll get easier.) and HIIT on the bike. (sprint for 30 secs, go easy for a min for as long for as I can stand it, started at 22 mins and I'm up to half an hour) I'm also back to lifting and can already notice a bit of definition in my arms.

3 weeks in and I'm down 11 lbs. Feels good, man. Although I strained something in my hip/groin so I'm taking today off. Also will be playing roller/dek hockey for 2 teams starting next month.

SomeDude is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 06:51 PM
  #833
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
I had three beers yesterday, and I paid for it today.
Amateur.

But yeah, cardio after any type or amount of alcohol sucks ass.

Kitten Mittons is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 06:54 PM
  #834
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 55,965
vCash: 50
Feel like I have a pinched nerve in my back, or at least what I'd imagine a pinched nerve feels like.


sucks

RayP is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:38 PM
  #835
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post
Just started to get serious about getting in shape for the first time in about 8 years. I went from playing college hockey and working out 7 days a week to doing absolutely nothing for the better part of a decade because I was burnt out, and incredibly lazy, and put on around 70 lbs.

I completely changed my diet, cut my calorie intake in half, only eat fresh fruit/veggies and chicken breast or lean steak, and drink tons of water. I'm in the gym 6 days a week for around 2 hours and rotate my cardio day-to-day between elliptical (knee took a beating over the years and the treadmill is too painful. Hopefully when I drop more weight it'll get easier.) and HIIT on the bike. (sprint for 30 secs, go easy for a min for as long for as I can stand it, started at 22 mins and I'm up to half an hour) I'm also back to lifting and can already notice a bit of definition in my arms.

3 weeks in and I'm down 11 lbs. Feels good, man. Although I strained something in my hip/groin so I'm taking today off. Also will be playing roller/dek hockey for 2 teams starting next month.
Smack up some "tabata" on the spin bike. 20 seconds hard 10 "easy" for 4 minutes. With a brisk 10 minute warm up and 6 minutes cooldown.

Gives you a quick but not so easy 20 minutes and it does wonders for your cardio. After a couple of months I am struggling to get my heart rate up past 90% of max, when I first started it was not problem to get it up to 96%.

Heart rate also drops back to normal very quickly now.

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:39 PM
  #836
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Feel like I have a pinched nerve in my back, or at least what I'd imagine a pinched nerve feels like.


sucks
Dull ache with muscle tighness?

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 01:46 AM
  #837
KISSland
Registered User
 
KISSland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,682
vCash: 500
anyone here try quest bars?

KISSland is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:02 AM
  #838
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 55,965
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Dull ache with muscle tighness?
Something like that, and only when I reach/bend in a certain direction. Not too unbearable, but definitely uncomfortable when it occurs.

RayP is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:29 AM
  #839
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Something like that, and only when I reach/bend in a certain direction. Not too unbearable, but definitely uncomfortable when it occurs.
Hmmm maybe a muscle pull. I think pinch nerves generally have continuous pain in my experience.


Which i might add does not include a medical degree.

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:41 AM
  #840
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 55,965
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Hmmm maybe a muscle pull. I think pinch nerves generally have continuous pain in my experience.


Which i might add does not include a medical degree.
Maybe, I don't know... Not bad enough, for now, to go see a doctor. Will just take it easy for now and wait for it to go away.

RayP is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:17 AM
  #841
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Maybe, I don't know... Not bad enough, for now, to go see a doctor. Will just take it easy for now and wait for it to go away.
What is it from do think?

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:31 AM
  #842
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 55,965
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
What is it from do think?
No idea, just all of a sudden I realized it was there, and not as a result of anything specific, that I'm aware of. I'm really conscious over my form, so don't think it is a result of that. Really don't have a clue.

RayP is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 12:30 PM
  #843
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down
 
Swedish Puck Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 28,226
vCash: 50
I'm back on a keto diet.

Doing pushups and squats every day.

Currently weigh 220.

Swedish Puck Mafia is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 02:18 PM
  #844
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: Fiji
Posts: 25,467
vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
I'm back on a keto diet.

Doing pushups and squats every day.

Currently weigh 220.
Good luck, I'm in the same boat as you. Was at 222 at the end of 2012 and am just barely below 190 as of yesterday.

Ketosis has been wonders so far, though I certainly need to up my exercise regimen, too.

No Fun Shogun is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 03:56 PM
  #845
SomeDude
Registered User
 
SomeDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburghish
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Smack up some "tabata" on the spin bike. 20 seconds hard 10 "easy" for 4 minutes. With a brisk 10 minute warm up and 6 minutes cooldown.

Gives you a quick but not so easy 20 minutes and it does wonders for your cardio. After a couple of months I am struggling to get my heart rate up past 90% of max, when I first started it was not problem to get it up to 96%.

Heart rate also drops back to normal very quickly now.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that out at some point, but for now, I need more time between intervals to get my HR down. From what I've read, it's not as effective if you're not getting a pretty big difference in your HR when going hard and easy. I'm sure my body will start to adjust with time.

SomeDude is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:11 PM
  #846
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
No idea, just all of a sudden I realized it was there, and not as a result of anything specific, that I'm aware of. I'm really conscious over my form, so don't think it is a result of that. Really don't have a clue.
Lower back or more in your shoulders?

If its the shoulder/back area, I had the same thing happen(pulled a muscle along my rib cage on the back, hard to breath lol) and the best thing for it is to stand in the middle of a door way with your hand on the door jam/frame pulling across your body.

Like the second photo here:


Except you want to reverse your grip so your pinkie is facing up and your thumb is down, and you are pulling across your chest instead of pushing with your palm like in the picture.



Does anyone know where I can get a decent weight vest? The cheaper the better

AndyPipkin is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 07:17 PM
  #847
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 55,965
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Lower back or more in your shoulders?

If its the shoulder/back area, I had the same thing happen(pulled a muscle along my rib cage on the back, hard to breath lol) and the best thing for it is to stand in the middle of a door way with your hand on the door jam/frame pulling across your body.

Like the second photo here:

Except you want to reverse your grip so your pinkie is facing up and your thumb is down, and you are pulling across your chest instead of pushing with your palm like in the picture.



Does anyone know where I can get a decent weight vest? The cheaper the better
Yeah, shoulder/back area... thanks for the reply. When I sit and lean a certain direction, it does feel a bit difficult to breath.

RayP is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
  #848
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan
 
EpochLink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,648
vCash: 500
I went yesterday, today is my rest day

Feels good man

EpochLink is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 07:58 PM
  #849
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1310
Did just some pushups today. Didn't have time to get to a gym.

Janks is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 08:28 PM
  #850
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Yeah, shoulder/back area... thanks for the reply. When I sit and lean a certain direction, it does feel a bit difficult to breath.
Yeah, been there. Bet it sucks trying to get out of bed.

AndyPipkin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.