HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

HF Boards' Healthy Body Transformation Thread - Part 5

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Just an FYI,

15 minutes won't build abs. 15 hours won't. You could do 1000 crunches a day but if they're covered by a layer of fat you'll see no results.

Abs are made in the kitchen.
Agreed, but it will help them pop more if you have the right bf %

Old
01-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Just an FYI,

15 minutes won't build abs. 15 hours won't. You could do 1000 crunches a day but if they're covered by a layer of fat you'll see no results.

Yup just like losing fat. A lot of it is how much you're eating.

01-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
That depends on where you store your HGH.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Unaffiliated

vCash: 50
Abs may be made in the kitchen, but they don't really count if you're just skinny.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:46 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
The actual p90x full workout might be an hour, but I just downloaded the ab ripper x video which is 20 minutes long, and I believe the workout was 15 minutes long..but it's non stop for that entire time. My form on a lot of the workouts was pretty sloppy, but I assume that is the same for all people starting it at first.
Sweet thanks bro. I'll add that to my routine.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
Abs may be made in the kitchen, but they don't really count if you're just skinny.
Agreed.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

This is week four of my program, but this is the first full week (6 days), that I completed.

Feeling proud

School starts on monday, and I'm planning to work out around that schedule

Old
01-06-2013, 04:06 AM
PZA
#1 P4P Champ.

All of you guys lifting just for the looks and girls are going turn up fat when you get older... especially those who uses the 'New years resolution' as an excuse to start going to the gym. Every ****ing day should be a 'New years resolution'. Sorry guys, but being healthy and staying active is a LONG term lifestyle... you should be planning to go to gym at least 4-5 times a week till the day you die.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:12 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Moderation is the best practice for sure! Keep your meals light and smaller. Love the 90/10 rule, it is the best way to live for me.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
All of you guys lifting just for the looks and girls are going turn up fat when you get older...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
especially those who uses the 'New years resolution' as an excuse to start going to the gym. Every ****ing day should be a 'New years resolution'. Sorry guys, but being healthy and staying active is a LONG term lifestyle... you should be planning to go to gym at least 4-5 times a week till the day you die.
Thanks, Sherlock.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
It's not about how much you're eating but more about what you're eating. Eat small quantities of crap food and you'll lose muscle instead of fat.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:56 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
It's not about how much you're eating but more about what you're eating. Eat small quantities of crap food and you'll lose muscle instead of fat.
Actually it is also about the portion sizes. If you eat tons of healthy stuff you can still put on weight very easily.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:17 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Actually it is also about the portion sizes. If you eat tons of healthy stuff you can still put on weight very easily.
If you're training hard the only thing healthy stuff is going to put on is muscle. It's also damn hard to eat enough healthy stuff to get fat.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:24 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Quote:
If you're training hard the only thing healthy stuff is going to put on is muscle. It's also damn hard to eat enough healthy stuff to get fat.
Really? You are seriously misinformed if that is what you think. Anyone with half a brain knows that eating anything in excess is not smart, no matter how hard you work out. Red meat for example is fine, but eating a 20oz steak every night is not a smart thing to do. Eating a whole chicken for supper or a dozen eggs for breakfast is not a smart thing to do. The same can be said with fruit, less with veggies since there is much less sugar is most veggies. Eating a ton of fruit can also add weight. A small amount of pasta with a healthy tomato based sauces can be a healthy meal, but eating a huge plate of it is again not a smart thing.

It's also how you prepare your food. Something healthy can be turned much less so by frying it or even worst, deep frying it. Eating raw when possible is a much smarter thing to do also.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Yeah.... sure.

I shall have a 3000 calorie diet consisting of healthy stuff like avocados, olive oil, and almonds; and will not gain any fat...

Old
01-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Really? You are seriously misinformed if that is what you think. Anyone with half a brain knows that eating anything in excess is not smart, no matter how hard you work out. Red meat for example is fine, but eating a 20oz steak every night is not a smart thing to do. Eating a whole chicken for supper or a dozen eggs for breakfast is not a smart thing to do. The same can be said with fruit, less with veggies since there is much less sugar is most veggies. Eating a ton of fruit can also add weight. A small amount of pasta with a healthy tomato based sauces can be a healthy meal, but eating a huge plate of it is again not a smart thing.

It's also how you prepare your food. Something healthy can be turned much less so by frying it or even worst, deep frying it. Eating raw when possible is a much smarter thing to do also.

Yep.

There's very few things that don't require portion control, the only things I tell my clients they can eat as much as they want of is generally green veggies like broccoli, asparagus and things of the like.

Other than that, you need to understand portions when it comes to your macros.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:59 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Why would you think that pasta is a healthy meal? That's a good way to get fat. Grains aren't healthy even though ignorant people think that anything low fat is healthy.

And what is wrong with eating a 20oz steak, a whole chicken or a dozen eggs? Those sort of meals are a good way to improve your body composition.

Quote:
The unhealthy part of deep frying something is that deep fried things are usually battered or fried in unhealthy fats.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:01 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Yeah.... sure.

I shall have a 3000 calorie diet consisting of healthy stuff like avocados, olive oil, and almonds; and will not gain any fat...
Good luck eating that many calories consisting of those foods.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
And if I can? I won't gain fat?

Old
01-06-2013, 05:17 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
And if I can? I won't gain fat?
Try it and tell me. Or at least tell me it wasn't hard to eat that many calories of those things.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Try it and tell me. Or at least tell me it wasn't hard to eat that many calories of those things.
Lol great job avoiding the question.

The bro is strong with this one.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:34 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Lol great job avoiding the question.

The bro is strong with this one.
It's not avoiding the question. You're not going to believe what I tell you anyway since you don't lift. But you're welcome to prove me wrong through trying it for yourself.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
That awkward moment when the foods listed were high-calorie foods.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
blue425

I eat things that adhere to the primal/paleo/ancestral health lifestyle.

When I am full I stop eating. <-----This is important.

I eat again when I am hungry. <-----This is also important.

Sometimes hunger comes back in as little as 4-6 hours later, or it could be as much as 12-16 hours. It depends on what I ate during my last meal and the time of day.

And once every other week or so I fast for 12-16 hours. I'll eat, go to sleep four hours later, sleep for eight, and eat four hours after I wake up. If I am hungry when I wake up then that is when I eat.

Profit.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Why would you think that pasta is a healthy meal? That's a good way to get fat. Grains aren't healthy even though ignorant people think that anything low fat is healthy.

And what is wrong with eating a 20oz steak, a whole chicken or a dozen eggs? Those sort of meals are a good way to improve your body composition.

The unhealthy part of deep frying something is that deep fried things are usually battered or fried in unhealthy fats.
Who the **** wants to eat just a steak?

I bet my shrimp pasta gets me more protein than your steak, has less fat. Oh Noes! It has like 40 g carbs, its the end of the world!!!

Closed Thread