HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group A • Dec. 26 • Latvia 1, Finland 5

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-25-2012, 10:07 AM
  #26
Ville231
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
well,atleast were not facing Canada on the first day like Germany is
Or like we last year. 1-8 isn't the best way to start a wjc-tournament

Ville231 is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:10 AM
  #27
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville231 View Post
Or like we last year. 1-8 isn't the best way to start a wjc-tournament
But you guys are no heavens gift for us either !

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:40 AM
  #28
SvenskaRiga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
I like how we always have to play a strong opponent the day before playing a match we can gain points while that opponent has a resting day. We play Swiss following day, they dont play on opening day. We play the Swedes then Czechs, the Czechs are resting, waiting for us.

I dont care so much about the result, get a few but dont waste all your energy trying to match the Finns only to get nothing, get the Swiss.

SvenskaRiga is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:44 AM
  #29
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
I like how we always have to play a strong opponent the day before playing a match we can gain points while that opponent has a resting day. We play Swiss following day, they dont play on opening day. We play the Swedes then Czechs, the Czechs are resting, waiting for us.

I dont care so much about the result, get a few but dont waste all your energy trying to match the Finns only to get nothing, get the Swiss.
I have to agree,Finns are unwinnable lets be honest,we should concentrate on games we can win.

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:52 AM
  #30
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,411
vCash: 500
Latvia gets to potentially develop some chemistry however in this game while the Swiss might be a touch rusty. Back-to-back games in this tournament aren't necessarily a bad thing. Who's the better team between Switzerland/Latvia? Seems like an off year for both.

Lessy is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 10:54 AM
  #31
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Latvia gets to potentially develop some chemistry however in this game while the Swiss might be a touch rusty. Back-to-back games in this tournament aren't necessarily a bad thing. Who's the better team between Switzerland/Latvia? Seems like an off year for both.
Hard to tell on paper Swiss are a bit better with their defence,but it all will be decided on the rink not on paper so who knows.

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 11:09 AM
  #32
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 39,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinHockey View Post
Well, honestly there was no need for them. They are not useful as bottom-6 players and didn't have a place in the top-6.
Like Esko Seppänen said, this team is like a carbon copy of the Jokerit team, 1-2 lines do the attacking, lines 3-4 make life miserable for the opposition(though one could say a healthy Jokerit team has 3 offensive lines but I digress).

Jussi is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 11:45 AM
  #33
ElHefe
Registered User
 
ElHefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Capital Area
Country: Finland
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
I can barely wait for tommorrow. It is a really nice way to start the second day of holiday with Finland's game. I think Latvia is always a difficult component at any level of hockey so Finland needs to play a good game to get 3 points.

Blugers is Latvia's top forward. Who else should I follow?

ElHefe is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 11:54 AM
  #34
SvenskaRiga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
Blugers is Latvia's top forward. Who else should I follow?
Jevpalovs, Lipsbergs, Bukarts, and Kuzmenkovs

SvenskaRiga is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:05 PM
  #35
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
it will be interesting to see how Bukarts will look against fast and skilled Finns,kids got talent thats for sure he is the first Latvian player (atleast to my knowlage) to make the u-20 team beeing 16 years old.
We've had plenty of such players:

Agris Saviels - 1999 (B)
Mārtiņš Karsums - 2003 (D1)
Oskars Bārtulis - 2004 (D1)
Krišs Grundmanis - 2006
Zemgus Girgensons - 2011 (D1)
Rihards Bukarts - 2013

GX is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:19 PM
  #36
Finnpin
Registered User
 
Finnpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Like Esko Seppänen said, this team is like a carbon copy of the Jokerit team, 1-2 lines do the attacking, lines 3-4 make life miserable for the opposition(though one could say a healthy Jokerit team has 3 offensive lines but I digress).
The Little Lions are like Tomek's team... Rindell who?

Seppänen also wants that the team makes a statement in Latvia game in physical department. Hard hitting all game long and especially from 4th line's Lamberg and Salminen... and I'm pretty sure they will at least deliver it.

Finnpin is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:25 PM
  #37
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
We've had plenty of such players:

Agris Saviels - 1999 (B)
Mārtiņš Karsums - 2003 (D1)
Oskars Bārtulis - 2004 (D1)
Krišs Grundmanis - 2006
Zemgus Girgensons - 2011 (D1)
Rihards Bukarts - 2013
Didnt know that,but still division 1 hockey is not Elite level hockey,so it just shows how skilled bukarts is for his age.

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:29 PM
  #38
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Didnt know that,but still division 1 hockey is not Elite level hockey,so it just shows how skilled bukarts is for his age.
Obviously, I didn't knew it either. I recalled only Girgensons and then decided to go through all the years.

GX is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:45 PM
  #39
Mestaruus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
I like how we always have to play a strong opponent the day before playing a match we can gain points while that opponent has a resting day. We play Swiss following day, they dont play on opening day. We play the Swedes then Czechs, the Czechs are resting, waiting for us.

I dont care so much about the result, get a few but dont waste all your energy trying to match the Finns only to get nothing, get the Swiss.
Finland is on the same boat. Finland plays Swiss the day before their main game which is vs Sweden while Sweden's got a day off. Canada is unluckiest of all, USA & RUS in back to back days, but they are Canada FFS so not feeling sorry . Them if anybody can overcome that.

Finland wins this 8-1 or 8-2 and that is a good result for Latvia tbh. It could be bigger numbers than that honestly. Good luck to Latvians though in the rest of the tournament. I'm sure Latvia is one of most Finns favourite teams like for me it is along with the Swiss.

Mestaruus is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:50 PM
  #40
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaruus View Post
Finland is on the same boat. Finland plays Swiss the day before their main game which is vs Sweden while Sweden's got a day off. Canada is unluckiest of all, USA & RUS in back to back days, but they are Canada FFS so not feeling sorry . Them if anybody can overcome that.

Finland wins this 8-1 or 8-2 and that is a good result for Latvia tbh. It could be bigger numbers than that honestly. Good luck to Latvians though in the rest of the tournament. I'm sure Latvia is one of most Finns favourite teams like for me it is along with the Swiss.
We like you guys too,i will be cheering for you to win (except ofcourse in this game)
too bad estonians are not playing Elite hockey those guys are like your little brothers,who you could always cheer for

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:51 PM
  #41
TZM
Par too easy
 
TZM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kerava
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
4-1 for Team Finland. Lehkonen scores two, Armia and Aaltonen both one.

TZM is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:53 PM
  #42
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
I will refuse to make any prediction before the game,because it always ends tragic

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 01:58 PM
  #43
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Lehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,448
vCash: 50
Will this game be streamed at all?

Lehner is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 02:00 PM
  #44
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Will this game be streamed at all?
I think so.

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 02:05 PM
  #45
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Will Finnish TV broadcast the game? Otherwise there is almost no chance for a stream, as no one else is showing it.

(TSN doesn't offer ANY of the Latvian games)

GX is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 02:11 PM
  #46
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Will Finnish TV broadcast the game? Otherwise there is almost no chance for a stream, as no one else is showing it.

(TSN doesn't offer ANY of the Latvian games)
It's broadcasted here on an official stream (which is probably geo-blocked to non-finnish users) and on tv. Someone will probably stream it somewhere.

YARR123 is offline  
Old
12-25-2012, 02:12 PM
  #47
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
It's broadcasted here on an official stream (which is probably geo-blocked to non-finnish users) and on tv. Someone will probably stream it somewhere.
Good to hear.

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 02:12 PM
  #48
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,852
vCash: 1089
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Will Finnish TV broadcast the game? Otherwise there is almost no chance for a stream, as no one else is showing it.

(TSN doesn't offer ANY of the Latvian games)
It'll be broadcasted in Finland.

E: Woops, a bit late on that.

Haite is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
  #49
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,287
vCash: 500
It`s embarrasing that we are calling ourselves a hockey nation ,but yet world junior champs are not broadcasted on any of our national tv channels..

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-25-2012, 02:18 PM
  #50
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,689
vCash: 500
Check here 1 hour before the match, and you might find a stream or two.

Tormentor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.