NBA Regular Season Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 10:06 AM
davebenj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
The only team I dont want to see win a title this year is Heat. Clippers and Thunder are both likeable teams and I've always liked Spurs. Tony Parker is having a career season and Duncan is having his best season since 09/10 season.

Also Rockets need to get on streak to keep Lakers out.
Agreed. On all accounts

Old
02-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

I honestly could see a team like the Pacers beating the heat especially if Granger comes back healthy.

West/Hibbert/Hansbrough would maul Miami inside, making Bosh useless. Paul George can take Lebron/Wade. That leaves one guy on Miami that's a true difference maker in either one of Wade/Lebron. Then add Granger's additional scoring. Should be a fun series if it happens.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Bruv
Loveless

vCash: 50
Pacers are extremely underrated, wouldn't be surprised at all to see them go deep in the playoffs

Old
02-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
I honestly could see a team like the Pacers beating the heat especially if Granger comes back healthy.

West/Hibbert/Hansbrough would maul Miami inside, making Bosh useless. Paul George can take Lebron/Wade. That leaves one guy on Miami that's a true difference maker in either one of Wade/Lebron. Then add Granger's additional scoring. Should be a fun series if it happens.
Hansbrough is a non factor and Hibbert can't play against Miami. He's awful is almost every single game he has played against them. For some reason he can't take advantage on the offensive end and he's too slow on defense when Miami goes small. West is the guy they have to worry about because he kills them.

It might make Bosh useless on the defensive end but he probably has the best mid-range jumper in the league. Hibbert/West will have to leave the paint to guard him. Then when Miami goes small and Battier is out there, they'll have to go out and guard him at the three point line. That's probably when the Pacers will have to take Hibbert out of the game.

Pippen in his prime would have trouble "taking" LeBron. George certainly isn't going to do it. I really like George but asking him to guard LeBron and try to score on LeBron on the other end is asking a lot. Maybe they'll put Granger on LeBron on the defensive end to keep George rested. Either way, LeBron will always be a difference maker.

I think it'll be a good series and Pacers might have the best shot at beating Miami in the East. I just don't think their big men are athletic enough.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:09 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Hansbrough is a non factor and Hibbert can't play against Miami. He's awful is almost every single game he has played against them. For some reason he can't take advantage on the offensive end and he's too slow on defense when Miami goes small. West is the guy they have to worry about because he kills them.

It might make Bosh useless on the defensive end but he probably has the best mid-range jumper in the league. Hibbert/West will have to leave the paint to guard him. Then when Miami goes small and Battier is out there, they'll have to go out and guard him at the three point line. That's probably when the Pacers will have to take Hibbert out of the game.

Pippen in his prime would have trouble "taking" LeBron. George certainly isn't going to do it. I really like George but asking him to guard LeBron and try to score on LeBron on the other end is asking a lot. Maybe they'll put Granger on LeBron on the defensive end to keep George rested. Either way, LeBron will always be a difference maker.

I think it'll be a good series and Pacers might have the best shot at beating Miami in the East. I just don't think their big men are athletic enough.
West and Hibbert killed them through 3.5 games last year. They had a 2-1 series lead and a substantial half time lead in the 4th game but stopped abusing the Heat inside for some reason.

The thing is, in a way, they don't even have to guard LeBron. The Pacers are monstrous and match up very well against everyone on Miami not named LBJ. So, James can drop 50 a game all he wants, but if no one else can do anything, that won't be enough to win the game.

I wish the Pacers still had Lou Amundson. Very underrated defender. Also, scrappy as hell.

Old
02-24-2013, 04:34 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
West and Hibbert killed them through 3.5 games last year. They had a 2-1 series lead and a substantial half time lead in the 4th game but stopped abusing the Heat inside for some reason.

The thing is, in a way, they don't even have to guard LeBron. The Pacers are monstrous and match up very well against everyone on Miami not named LBJ. So, James can drop 50 a game all he wants, but if no one else can do anything, that won't be enough to win the game.

I wish the Pacers still had Lou Amundson. Very underrated defender. Also, scrappy as hell.
West is a beast against the Heat and he always kills them but Hibbert was only good in games 1 and 3 of that series. I also wouldn't call an 8 point lead at halftime "substantial". Another thing to keep in mind when looking at that series is that Bosh played a total of 16 minutes. He left game 1 with an injury and didn't play another game in the series. Losing Bosh, especially on the offensive end, is huge. Whether you like him or not, he's still an all-star and probably a top five power forward.

This isn't like it was in Cleveland when teams could let LeBron do whatever he wanted but they would still win because LeBron got no help. I already mentioned Bosh in my last post and this one but a lot of people seem to be writing off or ignoring Wade. He's giving up shots to LeBron, Bosh, and Allen now but he's still 8th in scoring. Everyone likes to talk about the seasons Kobe and Harden are having but Wade has actually been a more efficient player and he's better on the defensive end. I'll give the edge to Kobe right now but Wade is still right behind him for best SG in the league. Pacers can hope he gets injured because that's the only way he'll be one of the players who can't do anything like you put it.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:11 AM
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!

Quote:
West is a beast against the Heat and he always kills them but Hibbert was only good in games 1 and 3 of that series. I also wouldn't call an 8 point lead at halftime "substantial". Another thing to keep in mind when looking at that series is that Bosh played a total of 16 minutes. He left game 1 with an injury and didn't play another game in the series. Losing Bosh, especially on the offensive end, is huge. Whether you like him or not, he's still an all-star and probably a top five power forward.

This isn't like it was in Cleveland when teams could let LeBron do whatever he wanted but they would still win because LeBron got no help. I already mentioned Bosh in my last post and this one but a lot of people seem to be writing off or ignoring Wade. He's giving up shots to LeBron, Bosh, and Allen now but he's still 8th in scoring. Everyone likes to talk about the seasons Kobe and Harden are having but Wade has actually been a more efficient player and he's better on the defensive end. I'll give the edge to Kobe right now but Wade is still right behind him for best SG in the league. Pacers can hope he gets injured because that's the only way he'll be one of the players who can't do anything like you put it.
Everything you said is true, but, as good as Wade is, Paul George, imo at least, is more than capable of matching up against him.

I will be very interested when the Heat sign Oden (which I assume the Pittman trade was for)

The Pacers are huge and they are mean. The Heat are utterly dominante and talented but a bit on the small side. There isn't a player on that roster that can control David West down low and if Roy Hibbert can figure out how to control his body better and adding in Granger and Hansborough's defense and George's crazy length, who knows what might happen.

The Heat are far and away, head and shoulders, the class of the East, but if there is a team that could somehow knock them off, I believe it's the Pacers.

Old
02-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Extremely casual NBA fan here, but how are the Utah Jazz in the playoff discussion? They traded Deron Williams and were rebuilding.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Mo Williams has been solid at point

But their two big men, Jefferson and Millsap have carried the team.. without them, they'd be nowhere

Old
02-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Extremely casual NBA fan here, but how are the Utah Jazz in the playoff discussion? They traded Deron Williams and were rebuilding.
They go about 10 deep.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

http://twitter.com/kobebryant/status...98295895306241
Quote:
Amnesty THAT

Old
02-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Rudy Gay, 1-11 tonight.. ouch

Beal has been on fire since Wall returned, will be an elite backcourt soon

Old
02-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Front court of Jerrerson, Millsap, Favors, Kanter. Hayward, Foye, and Williams can hit open shots when those guys penetrate.

Old
02-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Guess who is back and ready to play for a contender after asking a non-contender to release him (again).......it's Derek Fisher! He signed with OKC.

Quote:
"It wasn't a big surprise," one Mavs veteran said. "We expected him to end up with the Lakers or OKC."
Quote:
Added another Dallas veteran, while rolling his eyes: "Good for him. Good for him."
Quote:
According to NBA.com, a league source described the Mavs' front office as "agitated" by Fisher's decision to sign with Oklahoma City less than three months after his sudden exit from Dallas, although the 38-year-old point guard left open the possibility of playing again when he left the Mavs.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...llas-mavericks

Old
02-26-2013, 07:13 PM
davebenj

Quote:
Guess who is back and ready to play for a contender after asking a non-contender to release him (again).......it's Derek Fisher! He signed with OKC.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...llas-mavericks
Fisher is a joke. The Mavs have every right to be pissed off. He's now pulled this with three teams.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Steph Curry was 7-10 from 3 pt range, wow

Old
02-26-2013, 09:19 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Makes you wonder, next season if the Lakers or OKC don't pick up Fisher at the beginning, will anyone else?

Heat & Kings going to 2nd OT

Old
02-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

That was quite the shoving match in the GS v Indiana game.

Old
02-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

LeBron's pregame dunks are better than most of the ones we see in the actual dunk contest.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

SportsCenter showed the Kings-Heat highlights...but it was one-sided. Literally no highlights from the Kings were shown and this game went to 2 overtimes.

Old
02-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Clowe Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
SportsCenter showed the Kings-Heat highlights...but it was one-sided. Literally no highlights from the Kings were shown and this game went to 2 overtimes.
Are you surprised?

Old
02-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Steph Curry putting on a show against the Knicks. 46 points and 9-11 on threes. Still 7 minutes to go.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:25 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

10/11 threes for Curry. Amazing. Keeping the Warriors in it all by himself.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:27 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Steph lighting up the Garden. Putting the team on his back right now.

Old
02-27-2013, 09:42 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Curry can only do so much. Amazing game by him.

Closed Thread