HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Yakupov ready to keep " His Cool" against "Dirty" Canadians

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Canada4Gold

vCash: 500
No, you said diving don't injure players, my point being they do things dirty that do injure players, please keep up.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold View Post
No, you said diving don't injure players, my point being they do things dirty that do injure players, please keep up.
How about you stop acting like jerk with comments like "please keep up?" It's really difficult guessing what the hell you are talking about when you quote a post about diving being dirty and change the subject with no discernible reason.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:35 AM
newfy

Canada definitely always plays with an edge and is slightly dirty but when it comes from a Russian whose teams have the most stick work out of all the European countries and are easily the dirtiest on their continent its funny.

Canadians hit hard, the Russians use their sticks. Although Kosov is usually pretty physical and huge. Subway series is a prime example, Hudon is shutting down Yakupov so Yakupov takes a stick to Hudons groin lol. Yakupov is far from a clean player

Old
12-26-2012, 10:47 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
I don't think Canada plays dirty, it's just a different style of hockey. Canadian kids are brought up playing w a bit of chippy-ness that you don't see in the Euro game. A hack here and a whack there are not uncommon in any level of Canadian hockey. When it goes international, Canada comes out looking dirty to the other teams, when really it's a different style. Check out the NHL for evidence when it's back. Nail had better get used to this if he's going to make it in the NHL, because he's got about 15 years of cheap shots ahead of him. Even worse if he's gonna whine about it... Call it dirty or whatever you want, Canadian hockey has a physical edge to it and always will.
Canada always plays tough and gritty, with a lot of physical play, but it always gets dirty when they are mad/losing. Especially the younger more immature players.

Remember Captain Canada doing this, it epitomizes what other nations complain about, and is embarrassing:

I love the guy and the passion he always plays with, but this is just a suck being selfish and getting his revenge in a lost cause.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Kershaw

You really can't deny that Canada is the dirtiest and most classless team in the tournament. They already had a player suspended pre-tournament and a vicious knee-on-knee tonight by Lipon as well. They always get away with it for some reason.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:51 AM
hockeyGod

Well, get your *** stick out out of there...or else I will keep chopping. Wouldn't call it embarrassing at all. Tick for tack.

Old
12-26-2012, 10:53 AM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
You really can't deny that Canada is the dirtiest and most classless team in the tournament. They already had a player suspended pre-tournament and a vicious knee-on-knee tonight by Lipon as well. They always get away with it for some reason.
LOL a VICIOUS knee on knee. Get real

Old
12-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyGod View Post
Well, get your *** stick out out of there...or else I will keep chopping. Wouldn't call it embarrassing at all. Tick for tack.
Lol I gotta say, I don't blame Smyth there

Old
12-26-2012, 11:00 AM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
You don't use your stick as a weapon, it's classless.

You can argue that "maybe" he wanted to get rid of him and he used the stick, which you would probably be right, but players get tangled up all the time and you don't see NHLers whack purposely with their sticks. If they do, it's a major penalty or misconduct.

I especially don't like how once the other player backed off, Smyth kept wacking in a vengeance type of way. Use your gloves or rough him up. Don't wack.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Kulemon

Invisible against the Slovaks.... Lol. Keep running your mouth Allstar.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:03 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
You don't use your stick as a weapon, it's classless.

You can argue that "maybe" he wanted to get rid of him and he used the stick, which you would probably be right, but players get tangled up all the time and you don't see NHLers whack purposely with their sticks. If they do, it's a major penalty or misconduct.

I especially don't like how once the other player backed off, Smyth kept wacking in a vengeance type of way. Use your gloves or rough him up. Don't wack.
Do you realize where the Czech player's stick is? I'd be doing anything possible to get it out of there too.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:03 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Canada always plays tough and gritty, with a lot of physical play, but it always gets dirty when they are mad/losing. Especially the younger more immature players.

Remember Captain Canada doing this, it epitomizes what other nations complain about, and is embarrassing:

I love the guy and the passion he always plays with, but this is just a suck being selfish and getting his revenge in a lost cause.
Ryan Smyth is a born loser anyways. I shake my head when people refer to him as "Captain Canada"

Old
12-26-2012, 11:07 AM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyGod View Post
Quote:
I couldn't find a clip with more footage previous to this but I see Smyth slashing, then a stick to the junk. Not the other way around. I remember the guys on TSN commenting about it when it happened and they only commented to say that Smyth got frustrated and suggested he went overboard.

Either way, both were idiots. If a guy puts a stick to any part of me with intent to injure, I'm punching him on the chin.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
They learn to play NHL style hockey. Europeans don't.
What an ignorant statement.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:10 AM
pancirios

I have trouble cheering for Canada in most major tournaments because they play borderline dirty/dirty and I despise it.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:12 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Ryan Smyth is a born loser anyways. I shake my head when people refer to him as "Captain Canada"
Guy plays for his country for 20yrs, for nothing, and gets called a "born loser" by some anonymous scrub on the internet.

Keep it classy you.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:13 AM
gretskidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Invisible against the Slovaks.... Lol. Keep running your mouth Allstar.
Taking it personal, are we?

Old
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
If the player was suspended, how are they "getting away with it"?

Old
Hurt

Well if he's serious, I hope he realizes he's hoping to spend his career playing a Canadian sport, in a league filled with Canadians and starting his career at least on a Canadian team with Canadians cheering for him.

12-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Well if he's serious, I hope he realizes he's hoping to spend his career playing a Canadian sport, in a league filled with Canadians and starting his career at least on a Canadian team with Canadians cheering for him.
On average 1 out of every 30 Canadian Hockey fans will likely find it within themselves to forgive him.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
On average 1 out of every 30 Canadian Hockey fans will likely find it within themselves to forgive him.
I doubt anyone REALLY cares what he has to say. Lets just hope he doesn't make it a habit because if players are willing to turn against their own union members on statements, what are they going to do if someone keeps running their mouth about their home country?

Old
12-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Kyle Doobas*
#groovystats

vCash: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post

You have to wonder how many people who whine about **** like this have ever actually played hockey.

Classless? Disgraceful? Epitomizes what is wrong with Canadian hockey? Seriously?

Old
12-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Tree-hugger

Quote:
I think you missed his point, which I suppose was: be graceful in defeat.

Canada is known not being that. If you want to argue against it maybe you can start with Hannula and Crosby incident.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Kulemon

I just find it hilarious that he runs his mouth and then goes phantom mode against the Slovaks. Get out of here. Galchenyuk and Rielly are better.

Old
12-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
I just find it hilarious that he runs his mouth and then goes phantom mode against the Slovaks. Get out of here. Galchenyuk and Rielly are better.
One game. Just saying.

Closed Thread