HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Replacing holders and steel

Old
01-03-2013, 07:27 PM
JSand

vCash: 500
Replacing holders and steel

The Prolite 3 holder on my beloved Tacks has finally broken and I can't locate another one (not surprising). Now, I have read the threads and know that I will need to have new holes drilled for replacement holders. I am considering the ePros or Tuuk LS2. The Tuuks are recommended by most people i have spoken with and i realize that either will be an upgrade from the Prolites but I am used to the Prolites and am concerned (perhaps needlessly) about the new holder's pitch. I realize that the steel can be profiled but I would like to start with a holder that is most similar to what I had. I have seen conflicting info...is the Prolite 3 neutral or forward on the 852 and 1052 Tacks (I have one pair of each)? Will the ePro or Tuuk be most similar in pitch?

Also, not to complicate matters, but what effect would the 9' radius of the Tuuks have on feel vs. the 10' radius of the existing steel I would use if I went with the ePros? Regardless, there will be some adjustment period but by staying closest to the setup I had I am hoping for the easiest transition. Thanks much for everyone's thoughts/suggestions.

Jeff

JSand is offline   Reply With Quote