HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group A • Dec. 27 • Switzerland 7, Latvia 2

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 07:48 AM
jonas2244

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
8 players of the german roster play in north america which is IMO one of the reasons they are able to play faster and more aggressive. they developed well over there.
pretty much every player on the german team is playing pro, but as usual they are often only getting limited ice-time. so they lack experience, especially on special teams. another reason why the NA kids are a big help since they play everything over there.
German roster?

Old
12-27-2012, 07:48 AM
NicoSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
8 players of the german roster play in north america which is IMO one of the reasons they are able to play faster and more aggressive. they developed well over there.
pretty much every player on the german team is playing pro, but as usual they are often only getting limited ice-time. so they lack experience, especially on special teams. another reason why the NA kids are a big help since they play everything over there.
but it is different hockey over there. They are formerly helpful if their teams can make the game, if their behind they (usually) aren't the ones to set e big, game-changing hit e.g.
(Okey, when I read it again I had to laugh since Swiss physical hockey is usually very weak )

Well, but that's just my opinion.

€: Game goes on, Latvia changed their Keeper

41:55 2 min SUI 2. HACHLER Cedric Tripping / start serving at 81:55
what does that mean?

Old
12-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Zorkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
As i said our roster is not less skilled than swiss so IMO problem today was in coaches and players heads.
I think that on paper Switzerland has the more skilled team, but we tend to get tough losses.

We do not have the high end skill that we have some years (Bärtschi, Niederreiter, Conz etc.), but we still have a lot of players that were quite successful on a junior level, for example Andrighetto is top 10 in the LHJMQ. Some players are playing on the highest level in Switzerland, such as Martschini and Zangger. Others are playing against men in the second highest league.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:50 AM
GX

So, Merzļikins gets 30 shots in 40 minutes, a decent SVS of 83% and Tambijevs pulls him? In that case, I hope Punnenovs will start also versus Sweden, as it doesn't really matter anyway.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:52 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan View Post
I think that on paper Switzerland has the more skilled team, but we tend to get tough losses.

We do not have the high end skill that we have some years (Bärtschi, Niederreiter, Conz etc.), but we still have a lot of players that were quite successful on a junior level, for example Andrighetto is top 10 in the LHJMQ. Some players are playing on the highest level in Switzerland, such as Martschini and Zangger. Others are playing against men in the second highest league.
Well for example we have Lipsbergs-top rookie of WHL,Bukarts-Highly touted latvian forward for 2014 draft,Kuzmenkovs playing in Belorussian mens league and is one of the leaders in his team,Ozolins-the same as Kuzmenkovs,Jevpalovs-Playing in qmhjl,so its not like we are short on firepower either.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:53 AM
NicoSB

Quote:

And don't forget those GCK players are used to play together, Simpson could almost set up a complete Küsnacht line.

Old
12-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Zorkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Well for example we have Lipsbergs-top rookie of WHL,Bukarts-Highly touted latvian forward for 2014 draft,Kuzmenkovs playing in Belorussian mens league and is one of the leaders in his team,Ozolins-the same as Kuzmenkovs,Jevpalovs-Playing in qmhjl,so its not like we are short on firepower either.
I did not mean to belittle your team of course, especially not the potential. If you look at the current stats (not potential), Alessio Bertaggio is ahead of Lipsbergs in scoring with less games played.

I agree that the game should be tighter than it is now, but I still think that we had a slight edge on paper.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:04 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Nothing Tambijevs does makes any sense, but is there anyone better out there? Bar Znaroks/Vitolins combo I don't believe we have one proper tactically sound coach out there. Only spineless Soviet freestyle charlatans. Haven't ever felt so angry about a game I have not seen.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:05 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Nothing Tambijevs does makes any sense, but is there anyone better out there? Bar Znaroks/Vitolins combo I don't believe we have one proper tactically sound coach out there. Only spineless Soviet freestyle charlatans. Haven't ever felt so angry about a game I have not seen.
We need an import,prefferably from NA,but a swede or Finn will do.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:06 AM
ozo

Quote:
I agree that the game should be tighter than it is now, but I still think that we had a slight edge on paper.
Mos def you have better individuals, especially when I'd take your seventh D-men over any of ours in a split second.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:07 AM
chokei

Quote:
I did not mean to belittle your team of course, especially not the potential. If you look at the current stats (not potential), Alessio Bertaggio is ahead of Lipsbergs in scoring with less games played.

I didn't follow all of our players very closely, but I think it's been a while since we had so many good (but not great) forwards on the same team. Bärtschi was hurt anyway last year, so it doesnt's matter to if he was eligible. This is a very solid team, but might lack star power to beat one of the big nations.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Zorkan

BTW, Germans are trailing 0-1 against US after 20 seconds. (Although the US has a beast of a team ofc)

Old
12-27-2012, 08:11 AM
BalticWarrior

So many questions for Tambijevs i would like to ask : What the **** is andersons doing on the second line? Why is bukarts not in andersons place? Why is Klavins not here,where is Dasutins? What the hell that pathetic excuse for a defenseman Kriss Lipsbergs is doing on our team?Why can`t you motivate your players? why are you not making them shoot the puck more?

Old
12-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Zorkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
I didn't follow all of our players very closely, but I think it's been a while since we had so many good (but not great) forwards on the same team. Bärtschi was hurt anyway last year, so it doesnt's matter to if he was eligible. This is a very solid team, but might lack star power to beat one of the big nations.
Yes, that's what I was trying to say.. ;-)

Old
12-27-2012, 08:17 AM
torero

i cannot see the game and something strange is happening :

you guys are talking like it would be a tight game.

yet on the figs i see a 7-2 and a 39 shots to 22 !!
With all due respect. That ain't tight ...

was the game a reflection of these numbers ? or was it seriously tight ?
cheers

Old
12-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Canada4Gold

nobody knows, it wasn't streamed

Old
12-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Zorkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post

cheers
Noone said it was a tight game, go back and read again...

Old
12-27-2012, 08:22 AM
GX

Ehh, who cares. It certainly will be far greater fun to follow livetexts of our 1994 "stars" beating the **** out of likes of Austria and Poland instead of being humiliated by the real hockey nations.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:27 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Ehh, who cares. It certainly will be far greater fun to follow livetexts of our 1994 "stars" beating the **** out of likes of Austria and Poland instead of being humiliated by the real hockey nations.
So sad but its true,just when you think latvian hockey has slim hope for anything good,we get crushed and its depression all over again

Old
12-27-2012, 08:28 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post

cheers
Sometimes big number of shots doesn't mean shots were quality ones. I am not taking away anything from Swiss victory, just saying...

Old
12-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Zorkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Sometimes big number of shots doesn't mean shots were quality ones. I am not taking away anything from Swiss victory, just saying...
7 goals... do I need to say more? ;-)

Old
12-27-2012, 08:34 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
7 goals... do I need to say more? ;-)
Of course not

Nice to see that Swiss offence spread seven goals within six players.

Old
12-27-2012, 08:52 AM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
You are right, but it seems that in grand scheme of things we are closer to Austria than Switzerland at this point.

Old
12-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Like Wall
I am Registered User

Another glorious defeat.

Old
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 4792
Impressive win for the Swiss. Latvia and Germany will be battling it out for last place in the tournament.

Closed Thread