HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group A • Dec. 27 • Switzerland 7, Latvia 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2012, 07:48 AM
  #151
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
8 players of the german roster play in north america which is IMO one of the reasons they are able to play faster and more aggressive. they developed well over there.
pretty much every player on the german team is playing pro, but as usual they are often only getting limited ice-time. so they lack experience, especially on special teams. another reason why the NA kids are a big help since they play everything over there.
German roster?

jonas2244 is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 07:48 AM
  #152
NicoSB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
8 players of the german roster play in north america which is IMO one of the reasons they are able to play faster and more aggressive. they developed well over there.
pretty much every player on the german team is playing pro, but as usual they are often only getting limited ice-time. so they lack experience, especially on special teams. another reason why the NA kids are a big help since they play everything over there.
but it is different hockey over there. They are formerly helpful if their teams can make the game, if their behind they (usually) aren't the ones to set e big, game-changing hit e.g.
(Okey, when I read it again I had to laugh since Swiss physical hockey is usually very weak )

Well, but that's just my opinion.


€: Game goes on, Latvia changed their Keeper

41:55 2 min SUI 2. HACHLER Cedric Tripping / start serving at 81:55
what does that mean?

NicoSB is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 07:49 AM
  #153
Zorkan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
As i said our roster is not less skilled than swiss so IMO problem today was in coaches and players heads.
I think that on paper Switzerland has the more skilled team, but we tend to get tough losses.

We do not have the high end skill that we have some years (Bärtschi, Niederreiter, Conz etc.), but we still have a lot of players that were quite successful on a junior level, for example Andrighetto is top 10 in the LHJMQ. Some players are playing on the highest level in Switzerland, such as Martschini and Zangger. Others are playing against men in the second highest league.

Zorkan is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 07:50 AM
  #154
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
So, Merzļikins gets 30 shots in 40 minutes, a decent SVS of 83% and Tambijevs pulls him? In that case, I hope Punnenovs will start also versus Sweden, as it doesn't really matter anyway.

GX is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 07:52 AM
  #155
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan View Post
I think that on paper Switzerland has the more skilled team, but we tend to get tough losses.

We do not have the high end skill that we have some years (Bärtschi, Niederreiter, Conz etc.), but we still have a lot of players that were quite successful on a junior level, for example Andrighetto is top 10 in the LHJMQ. Some players are playing on the highest level in Switzerland, such as Martschini and Zangger. Others are playing against men in the second highest league.
Well for example we have Lipsbergs-top rookie of WHL,Bukarts-Highly touted latvian forward for 2014 draft,Kuzmenkovs playing in Belorussian mens league and is one of the leaders in his team,Ozolins-the same as Kuzmenkovs,Jevpalovs-Playing in qmhjl,so its not like we are short on firepower either.

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-27-2012, 07:53 AM
  #156
NicoSB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan View Post
I think that on paper Switzerland has the more skilled team, but we tend to get tough losses.

We do not have the high end skill that we have some years (Bärtschi, Niederreiter, Conz etc.), but we still have a lot of players that were quite successful on a junior level, for example Andrighetto is top 10 in the LHJMQ. Some players are playing on the highest level in Switzerland, such as Martschini and Zangger. Others are playing against men in the second highest league.
And don't forget those GCK players are used to play together, Simpson could almost set up a complete Küsnacht line.

NicoSB is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 07:56 AM
  #157
Zorkan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Well for example we have Lipsbergs-top rookie of WHL,Bukarts-Highly touted latvian forward for 2014 draft,Kuzmenkovs playing in Belorussian mens league and is one of the leaders in his team,Ozolins-the same as Kuzmenkovs,Jevpalovs-Playing in qmhjl,so its not like we are short on firepower either.
I did not mean to belittle your team of course, especially not the potential. If you look at the current stats (not potential), Alessio Bertaggio is ahead of Lipsbergs in scoring with less games played.

I agree that the game should be tighter than it is now, but I still think that we had a slight edge on paper.

Zorkan is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:04 AM
  #158
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Nothing Tambijevs does makes any sense, but is there anyone better out there? Bar Znaroks/Vitolins combo I don't believe we have one proper tactically sound coach out there. Only spineless Soviet freestyle charlatans. Haven't ever felt so angry about a game I have not seen.

ozo is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:05 AM
  #159
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Nothing Tambijevs does makes any sense, but is there anyone better out there? Bar Znaroks/Vitolins combo I don't believe we have one proper tactically sound coach out there. Only spineless Soviet freestyle charlatans. Haven't ever felt so angry about a game I have not seen.
We need an import,prefferably from NA,but a swede or Finn will do.

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:06 AM
  #160
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan View Post
I agree that the game should be tighter than it is now, but I still think that we had a slight edge on paper.
Mos def you have better individuals, especially when I'd take your seventh D-men over any of ours in a split second.

ozo is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:07 AM
  #161
chokei
#59
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan View Post
I did not mean to belittle your team of course, especially not the potential. If you look at the current stats (not potential), Alessio Bertaggio is ahead of Lipsbergs in scoring with less games played.

I agree that the game should be tighter than it is now, but I still think that we had a slight edge on paper.
I didn't follow all of our players very closely, but I think it's been a while since we had so many good (but not great) forwards on the same team. Bärtschi was hurt anyway last year, so it doesnt's matter to if he was eligible. This is a very solid team, but might lack star power to beat one of the big nations.

chokei is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:10 AM
  #162
Zorkan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
BTW, Germans are trailing 0-1 against US after 20 seconds. (Although the US has a beast of a team ofc)

Zorkan is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:11 AM
  #163
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
So many questions for Tambijevs i would like to ask : What the **** is andersons doing on the second line? Why is bukarts not in andersons place? Why is Klavins not here,where is Dasutins? What the hell that pathetic excuse for a defenseman Kriss Lipsbergs is doing on our team?Why can`t you motivate your players? why are you not making them shoot the puck more?

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:11 AM
  #164
Zorkan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
I didn't follow all of our players very closely, but I think it's been a while since we had so many good (but not great) forwards on the same team. Bärtschi was hurt anyway last year, so it doesnt's matter to if he was eligible. This is a very solid team, but might lack star power to beat one of the big nations.
Yes, that's what I was trying to say.. ;-)

Zorkan is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:17 AM
  #165
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
i cannot see the game and something strange is happening :

you guys are talking like it would be a tight game.

yet on the figs i see a 7-2 and a 39 shots to 22 !!
With all due respect. That ain't tight ...

was the game a reflection of these numbers ? or was it seriously tight ?
cheers

torero is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:18 AM
  #166
Canada4Gold
Registered User
 
Canada4Gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,990
vCash: 500
nobody knows, it wasn't streamed

Canada4Gold is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:19 AM
  #167
Zorkan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
i cannot see the game and something strange is happening :

you guys are talking like it would be a tight game.

yet on the figs i see a 7-2 and a 39 shots to 22 !!
With all due respect. That ain't tight ...

was the game a reflection of these numbers ? or was it seriously tight ?
cheers
Noone said it was a tight game, go back and read again...

Zorkan is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:22 AM
  #168
GX
Registered User
 
GX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Latvia
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Ehh, who cares. It certainly will be far greater fun to follow livetexts of our 1994 "stars" beating the **** out of likes of Austria and Poland instead of being humiliated by the real hockey nations.

GX is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:27 AM
  #169
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Ehh, who cares. It certainly will be far greater fun to follow livetexts of our 1994 "stars" beating the **** out of likes of Austria and Poland instead of being humiliated by the real hockey nations.
So sad but its true,just when you think latvian hockey has slim hope for anything good,we get crushed and its depression all over again

BalticWarrior is online now  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:28 AM
  #170
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
i cannot see the game and something strange is happening :

you guys are talking like it would be a tight game.

yet on the figs i see a 7-2 and a 39 shots to 22 !!
With all due respect. That ain't tight ...

was the game a reflection of these numbers ? or was it seriously tight ?
cheers
Sometimes big number of shots doesn't mean shots were quality ones. I am not taking away anything from Swiss victory, just saying...

ficohok* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:31 AM
  #171
Zorkan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Sometimes big number of shots doesn't mean shots were quality ones. I am not taking away anything from Swiss victory, just saying...
7 goals... do I need to say more? ;-)

Zorkan is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:34 AM
  #172
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkan View Post
7 goals... do I need to say more? ;-)
Of course not

Nice to see that Swiss offence spread seven goals within six players.

ficohok* is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 08:52 AM
  #173
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
Ehh, who cares. It certainly will be far greater fun to follow livetexts of our 1994 "stars" beating the **** out of likes of Austria and Poland instead of being humiliated by the real hockey nations.
You are right, but it seems that in grand scheme of things we are closer to Austria than Switzerland at this point.

ozo is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 09:06 AM
  #174
Like Wall
I am Registered User
 
Like Wall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Letu zeme
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Another glorious defeat.

Like Wall is offline  
Old
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
  #175
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,860
vCash: 4792
Impressive win for the Swiss. Latvia and Germany will be battling it out for last place in the tournament.

Killahpunk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.