HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group B • Dec. 27 • United States 8, Germany 0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-26-2012, 03:08 PM
  #1
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 50
Group B • Dec. 27 • United States 8, Germany 0

2013 IIHF U20 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | GROUP B
DECEMBER 27, 2012
9:00 AM ET • 15:00 CET • 20:00 YEKT




Ufa Arena, Ufa, Bashkortostan, Russian Federation
(CAPACITY: 8,250)


United States
Official lineup.
Left WingCenterRight Wing
15 Alex Galchenyuk
7 Sean Kuraly
16 Riley Barber
13 Johnny Gaudreau
10 J.T. Miller (A)
23 Rocco Grimaldi
12 Mario Lucia
25 Vincent Trocheck
22 Tyler Biggs
20 Blake Pietila
18 Cole Bardreau
21 Ryan Hartman
26 Jimmy Vesey
-
-

Left DefenseRight Defense
19 Jake McCabe (C)
5 Connor Murphy
6 Mike Reilly
3 Seth Jones (A)
14 Shayne Gostisbehere
8 Jacob Trouba

Starting GoalieBackup Goalie
35 John Gibson
30 Jon Gillies

ScratchesReason
G 29 Garret Sparks
Healthy

Germany
Official lineup.
Left WingCenterRight Wing
15 Leon Draisaitl
21 Dominik Kahun
22 Tobias Rieder (A)
24 Sebastian Uvira
14 Nickolas Latta (A)
25 Alexander Ackermann
23 Frederik Tiffels
5 Christian Kretschmann
11 Leo Pföderl
9 Huba Sekesi
17 Andreas Pauli
20 Dennis Reimer

Left DefenseRight Defense
8 Stephan Krotahler (C)
7 Max Meirandres
27 Kilian Keller
16 Florin Ketterer
4 Henry Haase
6 Maximilian Faber
2 Oliver Mebus
10 Steven Bär

Starting GoalieBackup Goalie
1 Marvin Cüpper
30 Elmar Trautmann

ScratchesReason
G 29 Philip Lehr
Healthy

Officials
--
Sergei Kulakov
Pat Smith
Roman Kaderli
Masi Puolakka


Last edited by Systemfel: 12-27-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Systemfel is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 03:21 PM
  #2
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,834
vCash: 50
Streams: http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.ph...line=icehockey

Live game summary: http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/306/gameaction_3877.html

Systemfel is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 03:54 PM
  #3
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,417
vCash: 500
Any chance of the Germans keeping this one close? I missed their game this morning but by most accounts it wasn't indicative of the score. Within 5 goals a reasonable prediction? How is the German D and goaltending?

Lessy is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 04:17 PM
  #4
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
too bad TSN didn't pick up some more of these games

timekeep is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 04:31 PM
  #5
Nash
Registered User
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Germany isn't a bad skating team. I didn't see Canada beating them on speed, so if Germany plays a better team defense game, they might keep the score down more. I would be extremely shocked if this was close though.

If a poster gets a still shot of 6'9" 240 lbs Mebus next to Grimaldi, please post it in this thread.

Nash is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 05:01 PM
  #6
tsujimoto74
Moderator
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 10,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Germany isn't a bad skating team. I didn't see Canada beating them on speed, so if Germany plays a better team defense game, they might keep the score down more. I would be extremely shocked if this was close though.

If a poster gets a still shot of 6'9" 240 lbs Mebus next to Grimaldi, please post it in this thread.
Not the same players, but same height difference:
Gerbe (5'5") and Chara (6'9")





Also, go USA! I certainly hope this game isn't as close as the last one.

tsujimoto74 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 05:09 PM
  #7
bigbadbruins7
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 2,302
vCash: 500
LETS GO USA! cant wait for this game

bigbadbruins7 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 05:13 PM
  #8
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 500
You have the A under Gostisbehere instead of Trouba.

Zippy316 is online now  
Old
12-26-2012, 05:14 PM
  #9
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone
 
GuillaumeLetsundress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Germany isn't a bad skating team. I didn't see Canada beating them on speed, so if Germany plays a better team defense game, they might keep the score down more. I would be extremely shocked if this was close though.

If a poster gets a still shot of 6'9" 240 lbs Mebus next to Grimaldi, please post it in this thread.
better yet... rocco and jonny G on both sides of him

GuillaumeLetsundress is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:16 PM
  #10
Statsy
Registered User
 
Statsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Internet
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
too bad TSN didn't pick up some more of these games
For the record, this game is actually on TSN as is the entire Group B.

Statsy is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:17 PM
  #11
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN
 
Novak Djokovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,252
vCash: 500
I was impressed with German forwards today so let's see how they do tomorrow. It will also allow me to see Team USA's defensive work. I thought Canada was rather average today.

Novak Djokovic is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:20 PM
  #12
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Any chance of the Germans keeping this one close? I missed their game this morning but by most accounts it wasn't indicative of the score. Within 5 goals a reasonable prediction? How is the German D and goaltending?
I saw the replay and it seemed indicative. Germany had zero answer for Canada's forwards. Canada's defense was absolutely dreadful meanwhile. I don't really see the US playing as bad defensively or as good offensively but who knows. We better get our chemistry issues out in this game.

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:33 PM
  #13
Nash
Registered User
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I saw the replay and it seemed indicative. Germany had zero answer for Canada's forwards. Canada's defense was absolutely dreadful meanwhile. I don't really see the US playing as bad defensively or as good offensively but who knows. We better get our chemistry issues out in this game.
Canada certainly had some blunders in their own zone. Playing Germany definitely worked out some of Canada's chemistry issues on offense though. They should be a good opponent to help USA out in this regard as well. The Germans could be a little tired tomorrow.

Nash is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:35 PM
  #14
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Canada certainly had some blunders in their own zone. Playing Germany definitely worked out some of Canada's chemistry issues on offense though. They should be a good opponent to help USA out in this regard as well. The Germans could be a little tired tomorrow.
They also have some skilled forwards and but from what I saw the German defense was fairly useless. If we can't score against them I'm worried.

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:41 PM
  #15
Nash
Registered User
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
They also have some skilled forwards and but from what I saw the German defense was fairly useless. If we can't score against them I'm worried.
I agree. The Germans can skate, but they lack defensive awareness. Canada wasn't blowing by them on rushes to score. They were dangling and passing around them all over their zone. It was poor coverage all game by the Germans. If they are tired tomorrow, USA could really lay a pounding on them. Of course, USA has to find their chemistry first, just like the Canadian forwards seemed to today.

Nash is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:48 PM
  #16
Cfriss216
Registered User
 
Cfriss216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
They also have some skilled forwards and but from what I saw the German defense was fairly useless. If we can't score against them I'm worried.
I agree with you there, last years first period against Denmark had me shaking my head a bit. I think sometimes when a team is superior in skill they tend to get a little to "cute" with trying to score goals. I hope the US just plays a smart game and gets pucks to the net. No need to try and be real flashy tomorrow. Work out any last minute kinks, can't wait for the US-Russia game.

Cfriss216 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:52 PM
  #17
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Jacob* Trouba... By the way

RJQuack is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 06:52 PM
  #18
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!
 
OttawaRoughRiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
I agree with you there, last years first period against Denmark had me shaking my head a bit. I think sometimes when a team is superior in skill they tend to get a little to "cute" with trying to score goals. I hope the US just plays a smart game and gets pucks to the net. No need to try and be real flashy tomorrow. Work out any last minute kinks, can't wait for the US-Russia game.
What I learned last year... As much as I HATE the U.S. Hockey teams , I missed you guys once the medal round started.
I think you finish first in the pool but then lose to the big, bad Canadians in the Semi's.

Good luck tomorrow, boys. Don't underestimate the Germans, get your shots on net and you will be fine.


Last edited by OttawaRoughRiderFan: 12-26-2012 at 07:01 PM.
OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 07:00 PM
  #19
nafsregnar27
Registered User
 
nafsregnar27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central California
Country: United States
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
Left DefenseRight Defense
14 Shayne Gostisbehere
8 Jacob Trouba (A)

OP, I noticed you made a mistake. His name is Jacob not Jared and the A should be on his side.

Does anyone know if the NHLN is streaming the game from their website like they did last year?

nafsregnar27 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 07:08 PM
  #20
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Real excited, go USA!

This could really be Jared Trouba's breakout game.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 07:33 PM
  #21
Cfriss216
Registered User
 
Cfriss216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
What I learned last year... As much as I HATE the U.S. Hockey teams , I missed you guys once the medal round started.
I think you finish first in the pool but then lose to the big, bad Canadians in the Semi's.

Good luck tomorrow, boys. Don't underestimate the Germans, get your shots on net and you will be fine.
Haha gotta love KevyD..you can hate us all you want my friend, but were here to stay at all levels

Cfriss216 is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 07:34 PM
  #22
ByeBye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Same objective as against the Canadians, don't give up more than 9 and try to score once or twice.
I am looking forward to seeing more of a couple of the German forwards though, guys like Kahun, Rieder, Draisaitl and maybe Pföderl will probably be our future.

ByeBye is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 07:37 PM
  #23
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 11,653
vCash: 500
is nhl.com live streaming this tomorrow for americans?

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 07:38 PM
  #24
GermanNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
It's not like the german staff wouldn't learn out of mistakes. They will fix the defensive issues, as good as they can with the talent and the short amount of time, so it won't be as bad as against Canada, still far far awaay from what you could call "solid".

USA will win, but it won't be a blowout. Rieder, Draitsaitl may score.. I will say 5-3 USA, go Germany!

GermanNuck is offline  
Old
12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
  #25
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!
 
OttawaRoughRiderFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
Haha gotta love KevyD..you can hate us all you want my friend, but we're here to stay at all levels
It's sad but it's true.

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.