HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

yakupov vs huberdeau

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2012, 02:37 PM
  #51
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 500
As a Q follower, I have to say that Huberdeau's hockey IQ is better than Yakupov. Yakupov is not even close to Huberdeau's playmaking skills.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:38 PM
  #52
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Sorry to hear that because it makes zero sense. Gally gets three whole points in a blowout and Yak insults the Canadian team so now I guess Yakupov sucks right? You people blow my mind.
You misunderstand me. I am not saying Galchenyuk is WORTH more or less than Yakupov. I am also not basing anything off a single game. What I am saying is that Galchenyuk represents more of a pressing need for the Habs and would require more than Yakupov to get him out of our organization. I also stated that Edmonton would not do it. This is not an insult, it is a simple reality.

Yakupov does not "suck". He is the 1st overall from his draft class and should have a stellar career in the NHL. I would love to have him on the Habs. However, I would NOT love to have him at the expense of a Galchenyuk due to our organizational needs, Yakupov's concussion history, and (to a much lesser extent) the Russian factor. The price it would require to get Yakupov out of Edmonton would be too high for us to pay. The same is true if you wanted to pry Galchenyuk from the Habs' organization. I hope that is something easy to understand. I am not claiming Galchenyuk IS better (although I believe he WILL be), I am simply saying he represents more of an organizational need for our team and should not be traded for Yakupov.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 02:44 PM
  #53
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
You misunderstand me. I am not saying Galchenyuk is WORTH more or less than Yakupov. I am also not basing anything off a single game. What I am saying is that Galchenyuk represents more of a pressing need for the Habs and would require more than Yakupov to get him out of our organization. I also stated that Edmonton would not do it. This is not an insult, it is a simple reality.

Yakupov does not "suck". He is the 1st overall from his draft class and should have a stellar career in the NHL. I would love to have him on the Habs. However, I would NOT love to have him at the expense of a Galchenyuk due to our organizational needs, Yakupov's concussion history, and (to a much lesser extent) the Russian factor. The price it would require to get Yakupov out of Edmonton would be too high for us to pay. The same is true if you wanted to pry Galchenyuk from the Habs' organization. I hope that is something easy to understand. I am not claiming Galchenyuk IS better (although I believe he WILL be), I am simply saying he represents more of an organizational need for our team and should not be traded for Yakupov.
I disagree. Galchenyuk is BETTER than Yakupov.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 03:54 PM
  #54
Mikey71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
LOL! So says the guy with the Gally avatar. No bias there........

Look, I am an Oiler fan and would have rather the Oil traded down and selected Gally based on team need, but they didn't. That said, you cannot argue Yak being ranked #1 ALL year long. He was ranked #1 all year long for a reason, he is the top ranked guy coming out of the 12 draft. If there were times when it went another way then fine, he may not be the top guy in the 12 draft, but it went all year long. The only guy that was even mentioned as another possibility was Murray.

I don't have a bad thing to say about Gally, but when you actually pick 1st in a draft, you pick the best player available and that guy is Yak. I watched both in the OHL and ignoring position, Yak is the better player between the 2. Nothing else to really say.

Mikey71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 04:23 PM
  #55
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey71 View Post
LOL! So says the guy with the Gally avatar. No bias there........

Look, I am an Oiler fan and would have rather the Oil traded down and selected Gally based on team need, but they didn't. That said, you cannot argue Yak being ranked #1 ALL year long. He was ranked #1 all year long for a reason, he is the top ranked guy coming out of the 12 draft. If there were times when it went another way then fine, he may not be the top guy in the 12 draft, but it went all year long. The only guy that was even mentioned as another possibility was Murray.

I don't have a bad thing to say about Gally, but when you actually pick 1st in a draft, you pick the best player available and that guy is Yak. I watched both in the OHL and ignoring position, Yak is the better player between the 2. Nothing else to really say.
You do realize that Galchenyuk was injured all year, right? Had he not been injured...well...

In any case, yes, Yakupov was ranked #1 all year. Yes he was drafted 1st overall. Yes, he is a great player.

No, Montreal would not swap Galchenyuk for Yakupov. Yes, I think Galchenyuk will be the better NHL player. No, neither you nor I can prove it one way or the other. Let's enjoy our players and revisit in a few years. Enjoy having Yakupov help the Oil light the lights. I look forward to Galchenyuk filling the nets for my Habs. I hope we meet in a Stanley Cup Finals and we get a chance to see which player is better than the other in a real series where it matters...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 06:48 PM
  #56
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
The Yakupov vs Galchenyuk comparison will be similar to Tavares vs Duchene comparison. Yes, it might be close for the first year or so, but after that, it's going to be clear who the better player is. Let's take a look at their attributes:

Shot - Yakupov takes this easily (Yes, I know Galchenyuk has a good shot, but Yak's is on another level)

Skating - Yakupov

Hockey IQ - Could go either way

Playmaking - It's close. Yakupov's playmaking is very underrated, but maybe Galchenyuk takes it.

Physicality - Yakupov

Defense - Galchenyuk

Galchenyuk may play a more important position, but Yakupov is surely the better player right now.


Last edited by JSC: 12-27-2012 at 06:53 PM.
JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:43 PM
  #57
pcamp
Registered User
 
pcamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
Physicality : Yakupov? Yeah right.... What about other aspects of the game like making is team mates better: Galchenyuk or passing the puck: Galchenyuk

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 07:59 PM
  #58
Angelus
Smile Time!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,196
vCash: 141
So much wishful thinking on the part of montreal Canadians fans....

The Oilers would have picked Galchenyuk if they wanted him over Yakupov. He DOES represent a more pressing organizational need. Having RNH/Galchenyuk as a 1-2 punch at centre would make the team more complete. But they felt Yakupov is that much better along with most professional scouts and people who are grounded in reality.

Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:05 PM
  #59
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
The Yakupov vs Galchenyuk comparison will be similar to Tavares vs Duchene comparison. Yes, it might be close for the first year or so, but after that, it's going to be clear who the better player is. Let's take a look at their attributes:

Shot - Yakupov takes this easily (Yes, I know Galchenyuk has a good shot, but Yak's is on another level)

Skating - Yakupov

Hockey IQ - Could go either way

Playmaking - It's close. Yakupov's playmaking is very underrated, but maybe Galchenyuk takes it.

Physicality - Yakupov

Defense - Galchenyuk

Galchenyuk may play a more important position, but Yakupov is surely the better player right now.
I'm not saying Galchenyuk is better than Yak but saying Yaks shot is on another level is just flat out wrong.

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:10 PM
  #60
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
Physicality : Yakupov? Yeah right.... What about other aspects of the game like making is team mates better: Galchenyuk or passing the puck: Galchenyuk
I'd say Yakupov is more physical than Galchenyuk. He hits more and plays with more of an edge.

And I agree Galchenyuk is the better playmaker. I even said I'd give the edge to him in passing in my previous post. Yakupov is heavily underrated in that regard though. His passing doesn't get enough credit.

I like Galchenyuk. I would love him on the Oilers. But Yakupov, atleast in my opinion, is the better player right now.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 08:12 PM
  #61
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
I would say Yak is more physical too because Gally rarely goes for a hit while Yak does but Gally is very hard to knock off his feet

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:17 PM
  #62
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
I'd say Yakupov is more physical than Galchenyuk. He hits more and plays with more of an edge.

And I agree Galchenyuk is the better playmaker. I even said I'd give the edge to him in passing in my previous post. Yakupov is heavily underrated in that regard though. His passing doesn't get enough credit.

I like Galchenyuk. I would love him on the Oilers. But Yakupov, atleast in my opinion, is the better player right now.
Neither Yakupov or Galchenyuk are overly physical but Galy has more size and strength. Galy is also 8 months younger than Yakupov. The intangibles go to Galchenyuk as well including his leadership ability and a workhorse on/off the ice.

No one can know who will be the better player at this stage. There isn't anything to suggest one is far ahead than the other. But i like the development curve Galy is on and in 8 months lets see how he compares to Yakupov right now!

As for Huberdeau he is in the same class of player. There is not much difference between the three in terms of their overall potential. All should have productive NHL careers.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 03:09 AM
  #63
Lowe in Oil
Registered User
 
Lowe in Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Neither Yakupov or Galchenyuk are overly physical but Galy has more size and strength. Galy is also 8 months younger than Yakupov. The intangibles go to Galchenyuk as well including his leadership ability and a workhorse on/off the ice.

No one can know who will be the better player at this stage. There isn't anything to suggest one is far ahead than the other. But i like the development curve Galy is on and in 8 months lets see how he compares to Yakupov right now!

As for Huberdeau he is in the same class of player. There is not much difference between the three in terms of their overall potential. All should have productive NHL careers.

Yakupov will still be ahead of that band-aid boy in 8 months. Book it.

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:20 AM
  #64
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Neither Yakupov or Galchenyuk are overly physical but Galy has more size and strength. Galy is also 8 months younger than Yakupov. The intangibles go to Galchenyuk as well including his leadership ability and a workhorse on/off the ice.
Yakupov is the Team Russia captain but somehow the intangibles go to Galchenyuk? Really? Could you be any more of a homer?

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:33 AM
  #65
#66
Registered User
 
#66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 10,280
vCash: 500
Shot - Yakupov... both have great wrist/ snap shots but Yak has a great slapper.

Skating - Yakupov

Hockey IQ - Galchenyuk and I think this is where the biggest separation is. I actually think that this is where Yak's game is lacking.

Playmaking - Galchenyuk AIAEC

Physicality - Yakupov but very close.

Defense - Galchenyuk

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:51 AM
  #66
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,930
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
If you do not want Yakupov traded to such a degree, then don't post in a thread trying to trade Yakupov. If you don't care what Panthers fans think, then don't post in a trade thread involving Panthers' players. Seriously, why just jump in and throw out a garbage offer like that and then get all pissy when you are called on it?

With your proposal you completely rip off Florida, so of course you think it is a great deal. Strangely enough, when trading with another team you need to consider what the other team wants in a deal. If that is not something you want to do, don't make a proposal just to get people to sound off against it.

Saying it will cost an "arm and a leg" for your stars is great. You do realize that the same is true of ALL teams young stars, right?

The Panthers would laugh at the offer and hang up.
Do I think it's a great deal? No Huber + Kulikov would be a GREAT deal. What I'm asking for is a slightly discounted price when you consider the fact that any team is going to have to overpay heavily to get Yakupov.

Just that I don't want to see someone get traded doesn't mean that I have no place in a thread involving that player and if you think that what I offered up was a horrible deal then maybe I should be more vocal in threads like these to bring some people back down to earth.

If I were your everyday Hfboards poster I'd say that Edmonton's weaknesses are in net and on the blueline and the OP does not involve a blueliner or a goalie. I only kept those out of my proposal because I knew it would be even less palatable.

So for the fair proposal, you're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Florida laughs, and then hangs up..

Yakupov for Huberdeau is pretty fair, but I'd keep Hubs. Like people say, he can play both center and wing, and he doesn't have the russian factor and attitude. Yakupov is too selfish at times, not a teamplayer liker Huberdeau.
Russian factor. Jeez I'm getting tired of hearing this. Omark won't play for Edmonton if it means playing in the AHL. I guess we've got a Swede factor on our hands now too, don't we? Give me a break.

Ovechkin is selfish with the puck all the time and every team in the league would love to have his fat contract on their books under the last CBA despite his declining production, which is probably because of the style of coaching implemented throughout last season.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
Physicality : Yakupov? Yeah right.... What about other aspects of the game like making is team mates better: Galchenyuk or passing the puck: Galchenyuk
Yakupov does make good passes at times but at other times he doesn't need to. He can breeze by the defense and go score for himself.

Who's going to make more money on the open market? A guy who scored 50 goals or 50 assists? No contest. How about 50 goals or 70 assists? No, a goal isn't just as good as an assist. Why? Because there are unassisted goals, while there are no assists which are not followed by goals.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 06:57 AM
  #67
SufferingCatFan
Registered User
 
SufferingCatFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: fort lauderdale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
If you do not want Yakupov traded to such a degree, then don't post in a thread trying to trade Yakupov. If you don't care what Panthers fans think, then don't post in a trade thread involving Panthers' players. Seriously, why just jump in and throw out a garbage offer like that and then get all pissy when you are called on it?

With your proposal you completely rip off Florida, so of course you think it is a great deal. Strangely enough, when trading with another team you need to consider what the other team wants in a deal. If that is not something you want to do, don't make a proposal just to get people to sound off against it.

Saying it will cost an "arm and a leg" for your stars is great. You do realize that the same is true of ALL teams young stars, right?

The Panthers would laugh at the offer and hang up.

Panther fan here (yes we do exist). We are used to proposals on HFboards that "completely rip off Florida", but take no offense because our past GMs have actually made such trades.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:14 AM
  #68
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
Yakupov will still be ahead of that band-aid boy in 8 months. Book it.
Still be? You can make an argument that Galy surpassed him already! Buts make a mental note of where yak is now and compare ti Galy in 8 months down the road. As for injuries, galy has missed 1 game this season due to the flu. How many games had Hall, RNH and Yak missed this season?

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:23 AM
  #69
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
what about gally for huberdeau ?

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:27 AM
  #70
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
what about gally for huberdeau ?
That is a fair offer IMO

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:35 AM
  #71
JesusBouillon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Not in a swap for each other , dammit!



Yakupov for a package including Galchenyuk.

I seriously doubt we trade a center with this size and this talent, pass.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 07:38 AM
  #72
Chacal667
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
It's sad to say cuz Huberdeau is a quebecker but I think I prefer Gally

61 pts in 33 games for Gally in the ohl

45 pts in 30 games for Huberdeau in the lhjmq

while gally is 1 year younger ( but we could say he's 2 years younger cuz he missed all the last season )

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:09 AM
  #73
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Do I think it's a great deal? No Huber + Kulikov would be a GREAT deal. What I'm asking for is a slightly discounted price when you consider the fact that any team is going to have to overpay heavily to get Yakupov.

Just that I don't want to see someone get traded doesn't mean that I have no place in a thread involving that player and if you think that what I offered up was a horrible deal then maybe I should be more vocal in threads like these to bring some people back down to earth.

If I were your everyday Hfboards poster I'd say that Edmonton's weaknesses are in net and on the blueline and the OP does not involve a blueliner or a goalie. I only kept those out of my proposal because I knew it would be even less palatable.

So for the fair proposal, you're welcome.

.

Actually, adding Horcoff to Yakupov in the deal is a negative detraction, so Huberdeau and Bjugstad is a severe overpayment no matter what "slight" cap dump Florida could add. It is a BS deal.

No, teams will not overpay heavily to get Yakupov, which is why the Oilers drafted him. Nobody in the league was willing to overpay to get a smallish Russian with concussion issues who throws his body around the ice. Yakupov is pretty fearless and does play with an edge and it will cost him at the NHL level.

By the way, if Edmonton's needs are on the blueline and in net, why wouldn't you simply adjust the trade to fit the needs of your team? It would far easier for you to say that a move for Huberdeau would not involve Yakupov because you would rather see him moved for whatever goalie and defenceman you think Florida has to offer. You could also leave the Huberdeau and Yakupov components and try to add something fair from Florida's blueline and something fair from Edmonton that Florida might actually need. Horcoff? Lol.

So, thanks for the BS proposal. I know, why not let Florida send you Campbell and Kulikov for Yakupov, Hall and Horcoff? That is about the same as what you were offering before.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:11 AM
  #74
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
Yakupov will still be ahead of that band-aid boy in 8 months. Book it.
He might not even be better as of the end of this month...Lol. "Band-aid boy"? Better than "Concussion Lad", I guess...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2012, 11:14 AM
  #75
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
what about gally for huberdeau ?
It is a fair offer, but I would hope we would keep Galchenyuk at this point. He is younger and already bigger. No need to do this. Unfortunately, if the deal were offered, it would probably be accepted by the Habs because Huberdeau is french.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.