HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group B • Dec. 28 • Russia 2, United States 1

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Russia in regulation 78 36.97%
Russia in OT/shootout 13 6.16%
U.S. in regulation 92 43.60%
U.S. in OT/shootout 28 13.27%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2012, 07:43 AM
  #126
LaTenderness*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
Only watching this game to see Biggs!
Your gonna disappointed.... The kids got no real skills just a big clumsy overhyped lug.

LaTenderness* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:44 AM
  #127
CorgisPer60
Barking at the net
 
CorgisPer60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Please Understand
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,986
vCash: 279
This ought to be a good game. Looking forward to seeing the US stack up against a team that isn't tired from a back-to-back and completely out of their skill level.

CorgisPer60 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:45 AM
  #128
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 95,140
vCash: 50
Am I right in thinking that 9:00am ET is 2:00PM GMT?

Shrimper is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:47 AM
  #129
Painmonger
Registered User
 
Painmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mamaroneck, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Am I right in thinking that 9:00am ET is 2:00PM GMT?
Yes, that's correct.

Painmonger is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:48 AM
  #130
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
well, also he said that he knew nothing about american team, but i see why you picked this phrase
He should know a thing or two about them since quite a few of the US players play in the OHL. Listen, I don't mind Zharkov, but I have a personal pet peeve with Hockey players mouthing off...and the media rushing to them, especially the Russian media, since Russian press is what I read the most... understand this one thing if you understand anything at all, Hockey players have nothing, absolutely nothing interesting to say.. they should speak less and play more! And that includes Yakupov.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:49 AM
  #131
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,476
vCash: 500
been waiting for this day


Gally

PATCHESx67 is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:51 AM
  #132
G F O P
Registered Baller
 
G F O P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 259,598
vCash: 500
Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, today, boys. That's what you've earned here today. One game.

If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine.

But not this game.

Not tonight.

Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world.

You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time.

Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Russians have. Screw 'em. This is your time.

Now go out there and take it.

G F O P is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:52 AM
  #133
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8
 
w e l o s t b o y s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, today, boys. That's what you've earned here today. One game.

If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine.

But not this game.

Not tonight.

Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world.

You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time.

Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Russians have. Screw 'em. This is your time.

Now go out there and take it.
...lame

w e l o s t b o y s is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:54 AM
  #134
VladNYC*
 
VladNYC*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,752
vCash: 500
5 - 3 Russia. Sigarev scores 2 goals.

VladNYC* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:55 AM
  #135
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
...lame
That was a great pre-game speech delivered by Herb Brooks before the 1980 Olympics. Hardly lame! Study hockey history.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:56 AM
  #136
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rostov-on-Don
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
He should know a thing or two about them since quite a few of the US players play in the OHL. Listen, I don't mind Zharkov, but I have a personal pet peeve with Hockey players mouthing off...and the media rushing to them, especially the Russian media, since Russian press is what I read the most... understand this one thing if you understand anything at all, Hockey players have nothing, absolutely nothing interesting to say.. they should speak less and play more! And that includes Yakupov.
But of course you ignore Zharkov praising Galchenyuk and the American goalie in the same interview.

Anyhow, its TSN (not the Russian media) who are the masters of taking quotes out of context and blowing them out of proportion.....particularly WJC time.

Zine is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:56 AM
  #137
Sigh
Blidh for me
 
Sigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 470
Hoping for some more laughs from this one. The US is taking this.

Sigh is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:57 AM
  #138
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8
 
w e l o s t b o y s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
That was a great pre-game speech delivered by Herb Brooks before the 1980 Olympics. Hardly lame! Study hockey history.
I know what it is, doesn't change that posting it now is lame.

w e l o s t b o y s is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:57 AM
  #139
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rostov-on-Don
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,509
vCash: 500
I'm scared to death of guys like Grimaldi and Gaudreau on big ice.

Should be a good game.

Zine is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:58 AM
  #140
Philly85*
I Ain't Even Mad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 15,848
vCash: 500
Should be an excellent game. Wish I didn't have to go to work today, really want to watch this.

Philly85* is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 07:59 AM
  #141
G F O P
Registered Baller
 
G F O P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 259,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahl2Stall View Post
I know what it is, doesn't change that posting it now is lame.
It's not lame. It's apropos.

G F O P is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:00 AM
  #142
c9gunner
Registered User
 
c9gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Lets Go RUSSIA!!!!

c9gunner is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:00 AM
  #143
Fire Sweeney
Registered User
 
Fire Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 23,111
vCash: 500

Fire Sweeney is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:01 AM
  #144
VanIslander
Don't waste my time
 
VanIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 25,053
vCash: 500
Streaming link for 'ol me in South Korea?

VanIslander is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:01 AM
  #145
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,595
vCash: 500
Streamystream?

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:02 AM
  #146
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
Is there a hd stream?

LSnow is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:02 AM
  #147
MOGiLNY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,637
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
Vpered Rossiya!

I have a feeling this is will be a high scoring affair that will end up in OT.

MOGiLNY is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:02 AM
  #148
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: Canada
Posts: 84,401
vCash: 50
Let's go USA

__________________
Krishna is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:03 AM
  #149
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9,985
vCash: 500
Gametime!


StringerBell is offline  
Old
12-28-2012, 08:03 AM
  #150
Sigh
Blidh for me
 
Sigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 470
Drop the ****ing puck.

Sigh is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.