HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville-Washington Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

vCash: 500
Nashville-Washington Proposal

Nashville: Semin
Washington: Hamhuis

Reasoning: Nashville needs some more scoring punch, evident by the fact that Detroit beat them in the playoffs(knock on Detroit). A dynamic scoring winger would really put this team over the top, and Semin is ready to step in.

Washington is loaded with prospects, most of them offensive. Hamhuis would step right in and play top minutes, and judging by his play last year, that wont be a problem.

Also, Semin is doing very well in the RSL and Humhuis is one of the top d-men in the AHL, so i dont think that value is off.

comments, suggestions, tomatoes?

Old
02-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Pepper

Not a bad proposal at all, the value is there and addresses the needs of both teams very well. Can Semin play center? If yes, this would be perfect deal.

Old
02-22-2005, 12:44 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't like it. We need centers more than wingers. We have on the Wings right now, Hartnell, Erat, Sullivan, Walker as the top scorers add Orszagh and Hall in there for checking duties and Tootoo and McKenzie to handle the rough stuff. What we need is a top 2 way center, actually we need a couple. We also have a few guys waiting in the wings with Shishkanov, Radulov and Upshall. We need centers, physical 2 way centers.

Old
02-22-2005, 12:56 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
I like it to. Semin may have a higher trade value though since he has more potential i think yet it would fill both teams needs

Old
Marshall
Too right, man.

Semin is pretty much a left wing.

Interesting proposal.

Old
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I don't like it. We need centers more than wingers. We have on the Wings right now, Hartnell, Erat, Sullivan, Walker as the top scorers add Orszagh and Hall in there for checking duties and Tootoo and McKenzie to handle the rough stuff. What we need is a top 2 way center, actually we need a couple. We also have a few guys waiting in the wings with Shishkanov, Radulov and Upshall. We need centers, physical 2 way centers.

1st line center that can score points and play defense, or another Legwand?

Because if thats the case, i'd toss out Richards name in there, or maybe even Halpern(not straight up for Hamhuis, Richards maybe)

Now, Lang would be perfect for Nashville IMO, but that trade would never happen within divisions and all(and certainly not Lang for Hamhuis).

Old
02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Nashville: Semin
Washington: Hamhuis

Reasoning: Nashville needs some more scoring punch, evident by the fact that Detroit beat them in the playoffs(knock on Detroit). A dynamic scoring winger would really put this team over the top, and Semin is ready to step in.

Washington is loaded with prospects, most of them offensive. Hamhuis would step right in and play top minutes, and judging by his play last year, that wont be a problem.

Also, Semin is doing very well in the RSL and Humhuis is one of the top d-men in the AHL, so i dont think that value is off.

comments, suggestions, tomatoes?
certainly fair value IMO....but I would decline from a Capitals perspective. If I were to move Semin for D I would be looking for someone a little bit older/experienced than Hamhuis. He (Hamhuis) looks to be a great young player....but again, the Caps have some good young D coming up (prolly not Hamhuis caliber...but still very good) and as I see it someone a little more seasoned but still young would be the ideal move.....that and I am very high on Semin

Old
02-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra
certainly fair value IMO....but I would decline from a Capitals perspective. If I were to move Semin for D I would be looking for someone a little bit older/experienced than Hamhuis. He (Hamhuis) looks to be a great young player....but again, the Caps have some good young D coming up (prolly not Hamhuis caliber...but still very good) and as I see it someone a little more seasoned but still young would be the ideal move.....that and I am very high on Semin

Jiri Fischer interest you?

Old
02-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Jiri Fischer interest you?
you bet.....but not for Semin

Old
02-22-2005, 01:15 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
1st line center that can score points and play defense, or another Legwand?

Because if thats the case, i'd toss out Richards name in there, or maybe even Halpern(not straight up for Hamhuis, Richards maybe)

Now, Lang would be perfect for Nashville IMO, but that trade would never happen within divisions and all(and certainly not Lang for Hamhuis).
Not another Legwand, someone a little bigger stronger with a little more scoring punch, not as fast and probably not as good defensively.

Old
02-22-2005, 01:17 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall
Semin is pretty much a left wing.

Interesting proposal.
We really don't need any more left wingers with Sullivan, Hartnell, and Erat taking the top spots.

Again, it doesn't address Nashville's need which is a center (actually need 2 more centers), but does take away a great asset.

Old
02-22-2005, 02:46 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
It's really a pretty even deal, but I agree with trigg on this...we are pretty set on wings, and it would be tough to give up a guy that we actually need for a guy that is good, but isn't really what we are looking for.

Old
02-22-2005, 02:54 PM
mercury

How would the Preds feel about a trade for Handzus? The Flyers could use a physical d-man and a gritty winger who can score, preferably a RW. Something along the lines of current NHL defenseman and winger prospect, or vice versa.

Old
02-22-2005, 02:56 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
How would the Preds feel about a trade for Handzus? The Flyers could use a physical d-man prospect or gritty winger who can score, preferably a RW.
how about Scott Walker or Orszagh and Upshall?

Old
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
mercury

Hmmmm. . . I like Scott Walker, but the Flyers are trying to get younger. Orszagh is interesting. I've liked Upshall every since the draft (he just looks like a player, and they call him "Devil Boy"). He has had injury problems, though, hasn't he? What about Shea Weber?

Old
02-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Spitfire11

Quote:
Not another Legwand, someone a little bigger stronger with a little more scoring punch, not as fast and probably not as good defensively.
You could risk signing Allison..

Old
02-22-2005, 03:42 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

For as much as I love Semin, I would love to get Suter into the Caps organization. Would Semin be enough?

Old
02-22-2005, 03:46 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Hmmmm. . . I like Scott Walker, but the Flyers are trying to get younger. Orszagh is interesting. I've liked Upshall every since the draft (he just looks like a player, and they call him "Devil Boy"). He has had injury problems, though, hasn't he? What about Shea Weber?
Upshall has had some injury problems the last 2 seasons.

Dealing Shea Weber wouldn't make much since, as he's the only player of that type we have in the system or on the team period. We need a big physical defenseman as much as we need a center.

Old
02-22-2005, 03:47 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98
For as much as I love Semin, I would love to get Suter into the Caps organization. Would Semin be enough?
No. Again we don't need wingers at this point. Suter is our highest rated propect period and one a big part of our future defensive corps.

Old
02-22-2005, 04:22 PM
mercury

Handzus and Seidenberg for Orszagh and a 1st?

Old
02-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:

so someone like Lang...

Old
02-22-2005, 06:59 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

I'm not really a Semin fan, but I certainly am not a Hamhuis fan either. I'd definetly keep Semin from a Caps perspective.

Old
02-22-2005, 08:52 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

My opinion on this one, is value wise, it's about close.

Honestly, in a year or two, I'd probably make this deal from a Caps perspective. If... if you could keep both of those two prospects in a vacuum and they were where they are now in 2 years, at the same age. I would make that only however, if the defensive prsopects the Caps that they have now do not develop as well.

Basically, to make more sense, from a Caps perspective, there are too many unknown prospects on their roster and in development to move many of those quanitites yet. The deal is going to have to be an overpayment by the other team, or for a player closer to being a certain.

From my own point of view, I also hesitate to make this deal just due to the sheer fact that the Caps will more than likely need some type of scoring of their own in the near future.

Yes, they will need defensemen, but you're not doing addition through subtraction.

Old
02-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Handzus and Seidenberg for Orszagh and a 1st?
I think I could live with that (unless the 05'06 drafts are combined into one.....)

Would a package of Hutchinson/Orszagh, or Hutch/Upshall have interest to the Flyers organization. Obviously the minute details are not hammered out.....picks, throw ins, mid-range prospects, whatever.....

Nashville doesn't need a LWer so dealing Hamhuis for one would really hurt this team. If Semin was a center, then it would be a good deal, other than that though, while value is likely close - it just doesn't fit in with the Predators plans.

02-22-2005, 10:03 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'll just reiterate what everyone else has said...

valuewise: fair.

would Nashville do it?

Probably not. Hartnell, Shishkanov and Erat are all LW's, and I have a feeling that Shishkanov, Semin and Erat all need to be on the top two lines to be effective..and Hartnell DESERVES to be on the top two lines. We need a center, and we definitely don't need anymore wings.

Closed Thread