HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Xbox 360 - Be a GM NHL 13 Sim League - Thread #5 - OPEN SPOTS LOOKING FOR GMS!

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 08:59 PM
TheKeenKariya
OTF! OTB! HFB!

vCash: 50
Well my team is ready to go, when will be at preseason and stuff like that?

Old
01-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeenKariya View Post
Well my team is ready to go, when will be at preseason and stuff like that?
I guess tomorrow at 1pm I will sim to season start.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

What if we do something like only human GM's that miss the playoffs can trade once per season with a CPU team... with the approval of at least 3 other GM's?

Obviously this shouldn't be applied to this off-season since some GM's already made trades with the CPU, but perhaps going forward.

01-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
What if we do something like only human GM's that miss the playoffs can trade once per season with a CPU team... with the approval of at least 3 other GM's?

Obviously this shouldn't be applied to this off-season since some GM's already made trades with the CPU, but perhaps going forward.
but then teams will miss the playoffs on purpose just to rip off the AI's.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:18 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
but then teams will miss the playoffs on purpose just to rip off the AI's.
Haha well it will still require approval from at least 3 GM's....not only does it help teams that miss the playoffs but adds potential pieces that other GM's can't get and perhaps makes them more willing to trade.

Last edited by RedWhiteBlackGold: 01-11-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old
01-11-2013, 10:09 PM
BlazingRoy
It only grows

vCash: 500
CPU trade proposal:

Ryan Murray (4.5 stars, 22 yrs old D)
James Wisniewski (86 overall D)
D.J king (68 overall LW 2.5 star bad*** LW)
Hans Benson (48 overall RW)
Thomas HeemSkerk (77 overal 3 star minor G starter)

Brad Richards (86 overall, 4 star , 36 yrs old #1C)
Alex Goligowski (82 overall, 4 stars , 30 years old D)
Rick Nash (86 overall, 32, yearly 40 goal scorer RW)
Troy Bourke (3.5 star LW)
Kevin Poulin (81 overall backup Goalie)

Trade:

I trade 2/3rds of my first line in order to get a much needed Defense men, I also acquire Ryan Murray who will be good in a couple seasons as well as some Guys to balance Out Columbus Skaters problem and a minor league goalie to replace Poulin

Columbus gets a #1C who puts up around PPG and a yearly 40 goal scorer in Rick Nash as well as another top 4 Defense men to help them out on D, a future Nhl LW in Troy Bourke and Kevin Poulin who is a good backup right now but Will be able to start soon.

I need one more approval for my trade anyone?

Last edited by BlazingRoy: 01-11-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Das Boot
Jajajaja

Don't like that trade.

Wisniewski = Nash

And I think a franchise defenseman in Murray is worth more than Goligowski and Richards who only has a couple years left. The prospects and goalies aren't an upgrade enough to really be considered.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:21 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

I'll accept BlazingRoy's trade on condition that we turn AI trades off again.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
I'll accept BlazingRoy's trade on condition that we turn AI trades off again.
lol....

Old
01-12-2013, 11:22 AM
BlazingRoy
It only grows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodkanator View Post
Don't like that trade.

Wisniewski = Nash

And I think a franchise defenseman in Murray is worth more than Goligowski and Richards who only has a couple years left. The prospects and goalies aren't an upgrade enough to really be considered.
Last time I checked Im pretty sure a 40 goal scoring first line RW is greater than a top 4 D with serious defensive issues for his overall

Richards had 4 years at least left and Goligowski is 30 man hes not 40

Murray may be good but hes several years away from being an nhl player. How many seasons are we gonna do? if its 10 maximum then murray is prolly 85 by then.

Last edited by BlazingRoy: 01-12-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old
01-12-2013, 11:58 AM
moz
Gute Post

I'm not commenting on the trade itself, but I'm curious why you think Richards has 4 years left. I haven't had a player make it past 36 (except those who were 36+ when the game started), and an overall drop doesn't need to happen before they hang them up (Datsyuk was 94ovr and about the same age.) I'm not saying he doesn't have 4 seasons left, just wondering if there's any backing to the claim.

I'd also say Nash>>>>>>Wisniewski I mean seriously. Trevor Daley is also 86 are we going to call him worth a 40g scorer?

01-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Im ok with AI trades allowed or not allowed.

Maybe limit it to only 1 for 1 trades?

Old
01-12-2013, 12:12 PM
BlazingRoy
It only grows

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
I'm not commenting on the trade itself, but I'm curious why you think Richards has 4 years left. I haven't had a player make it past 36 (except those who were 36+ when the game started), and an overall drop doesn't need to happen before they hang them up (Datsyuk was 94ovr and about the same age.) m not saying he doesn't have 4 seasons left, just wondering if there's any backing to the claim.
but how do you know he will retire. Nobody knows what the secret formula is for when they retire but I feel like datsyuk was an exception to the rule. Brad Richards Everybody seems scared to death of older players because they may retire because of what Datsyuk did. I really don't think they all retire at 36. There are many players in this game who are 37 or 38 now who are still good. Its the same risk as a young prospect. What happens if Ryan Murray goes up by 1 each year for 4 more seasons, what happens if he gets concussed over and over again or just cant put up points. Im rolling the dice for a player who if im lucky becomes as good overall as nash and richards were. Everything is a gamble I just think you guys are underestimating a prospect gamble and overrating an agging player gamble

Old
01-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Das Boot
Jajajaja

Thems fighting words.

I was just looking at overalls. Now that I look at the roster of Columbus I think it's okay. While I don't think that they'd trade a 2nd overall pick and a good defenseman for aging guys, they do really need help up front and Richards and Nash does give them a scary top line. And with the recent acquisition of Phaneuf I guess Wisniewski who was their top D is less valuable.

I jumped the gun on my denial, I'm fine with it going through.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:19 PM
BlazingRoy
It only grows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Im ok with AI trades allowed or not allowed.

Maybe limit it to only 1 for 1 trades?
but the CPUS would never accept a 1 for 1 trade for anything worthwhile. If You want Phaneuf from Columbus who are you gonna offer that thell take a 1 for 1 trade and even if you give equal or greater value they will refuse it would make it impossible to trade with them anyway.

Understanding that AI trades are weird and can be unbalanced I support the notion of a better system or just plain disallow them again. But if they do go away nobody will trade. Even if people make trades the trades posted on here are sometimes way worse than the cpu trades proposed. I mean a human to human trade doesnt require 3 gms approval so a guy could literally f himself to give another team a cup shot. If you wanna turn CPU trades off then people have to become a bit more flexible and actually be willing to deal things and when I say this I mean dont say a guy is available and then say they want franchise player 1 and sidney crosby or something. You have to give away good stuff to aquire good stuff and If nobody is willing to do that and play online gm mode instead of offline gm mode then nobody can ever do a real trade which makes it impossible to improve your team.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:21 PM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingRoy View Post
but how do you know he will retire. Nobody knows what the secret formula is for when they retire but I feel like datsyuk was an exception to the rule. Brad Richards Everybody seems scared to death of older players because they may retire because of what Datsyuk did. I really don't think they all retire at 36. There are many players in this game who are 37 or 38 now who are still good. Its the same risk as a young prospect. What happens if Ryan Murray goes up by 1 each year for 4 more seasons, what happens if he gets concussed over and over again or just cant put up points. Im rolling the dice for a player who if im lucky becomes as good overall as nash and richards were. Everything is a gamble I just think you guys are underestimating a prospect gamble and overrating an agging player gamble
I have no idea if he will retire or not. But it seems more likely that he will retire sometime in the next four years than make it to 40. It just seems like a weird reassurance to make when there is no guarantee in either direction but you're banking on the most extreme possibility on the table.

Every post makes it feel like I'm attacking the trade which is 100% not the case.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:27 PM
BlazingRoy
It only grows

Quote:
I have no idea if he will retire or not. But it seems more likely that he will retire sometime in the next four years than make it to 40. It just seems like a weird reassurance to make when there is no guarantee in either direction but you're banking on the most extreme possibility on the table.

Every post makes it feel like I'm attacking the trade which is 100% not the case.
I know you're not attacking my trade but you can understand im in defense mode right now for obvious reasons didn't mean to make it seem like that.

At the same time though Datsyuk retiring at 36 is the most extreme possibility as well and the only real concrete example of a really good player retiring so early. All im saying is veteran players and prospects should be valued at a more equal level than a lot of people think. We can fix the cpu thing but the reason for it in the first place is because there arent 30 player gms and amoung the human ones nobody is willing to make fair deals because they value the prospects too much. If people really wanna prevent CPU trading then they have to be prepared when they advertise players are available to move significant assets to aquire what they want.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:28 PM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingRoy View Post
but the CPUS would never accept a 1 for 1 trade for anything worthwhile. If You want Phaneuf from Columbus who are you gonna offer that thell take a 1 for 1 trade and even if you give equal or greater value they will refuse it would make it impossible to trade with them anyway.

Understanding that AI trades are weird and can be unbalanced I support the notion of a better system or just plain disallow them again. But if they do go away nobody will trade. Even if people make trades the trades posted on here are sometimes way worse than the cpu trades proposed. I mean a human to human trade doesnt require 3 gms approval so a guy could literally f himself to give another team a cup shot. If you wanna turn CPU trades off then people have to become a bit more flexible and actually be willing to deal things and when I say this I mean dont say a guy is available and then say they want franchise player 1 and sidney crosby or something. You have to give away good stuff to aquire good stuff and If nobody is willing to do that and play online gm mode instead of offline gm mode then nobody can ever do a real trade which makes it impossible to improve your team.
This part is completely true and part of why I'm hesitant to block CPU trades again or to vote on those proposed. There are plenty of human proposals that I thought were awful for one side (Hossa to Pittsburgh, for example), and not every trade should be 50/50, because some GMs are dumb dumbs or just have a different vision.

I guess my only suggested solution is, if you want to trade with CPUs be prepared to defend or explain it well, because other GMs will naturally become stingier with their approvals as time passes and, fairly or not, as the pool for available young talent shrinks.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:39 PM
BlazingRoy
It only grows

Quote:
This part is completely true and part of why I'm hesitant to block CPU trades again or to vote on those proposed. There are plenty of human proposals that I thought were awful for one side (Hossa to Pittsburgh, for example), and not every trade should be 50/50, because some GMs are dumb dumbs or just have a different vision.

I guess my only suggested solution is, if you want to trade with CPUs be prepared to defend or explain it well, because other GMs will naturally become stingier with their approvals as time passes and, fairly or not, as the pool for available young talent shrinks.
Agreed but If people were more willing to trade 4.5 star prospects for nhlers then maybe the cycle would break because lets face it if you don't get the 12th or higher pick in the first round youre gonna get the same thing the guy at 30 will get, a 3.5 star prospect with a normal ceiling. The same people always get the crazy prospects and hoard them like lost gold. In order to keep the talent pool balanced and strong the notion of 30+ players being totally useless needs to be re-examined otherwise same 16 teams (maybe 17) fight for playoff positioning and the same ones jack all the good prospects. Also to note the CPU teams are the ones who get those franchise players more often than not so the talent is stuck on CPU teams.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

I blame EA for making trade value so unrealistic for the most part.

Old
01-12-2013, 01:29 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Yo Benny. Did you sim to the season start?

Old
01-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Yo Benny. Did you sim to the season start?
Forgot lol. Will do it right now.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:18 PM
benjiv1

Anyone care if i trade one of my defensemen to a CPU? Ill post the details when i figure something out.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
Anyone care if i trade one of my defensemen to a CPU? Ill post the details when i figure something out.
I made an offer on one. Thanks for teh response... not!

Old
01-12-2013, 02:27 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

I agree with Moz.

Closed Thread