HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Xbox 360 - Be a GM NHL 13 Sim League - Thread #5 - OPEN SPOTS LOOKING FOR GMS!

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

vCash: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Jordan Schroeder is still available. 25 years old #2 center. Prefer draft picks and unsigned prospects but Ill listen to any offer.
What is his overall/salary?

Old
01-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
What is his overall/salary?
82 overall. 3.5 stars. RFA, unsigned.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingRoy View Post
How is Nash semi-old and Brad Richards had at least 4 years left as a 1 c

Goligowski is young and is a good D man and im taking back some crap.

This trade makes me a lot worse right now and maybe better in a few seasons I think its pretty fair compared to some of these other trades. The only difference is that this one is bigger than the others. I really dont see how this is a bad trade

You did say the trade was close in your opinion if its that close then It should be allowed to pass its not like Im giving up purely prospects and picks for franchise additions I lose a lot of firepower here for a payoff later
If 2 other GM's ok this trade I will as well.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
82 overall. 3.5 stars. RFA, unsigned.
How much money was he asking for? I'm interested but I'll only have about $3 million in cap space after my trade with Washington goes through.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:43 PM
moz
Gute Post

vCash: 500
I hate all of these CPU trades but I can't separate my own subjectivity so I won't vote on them. I wish there was some way to anonymise the teams, though it's pretty obvious since every trade is old+salary leaving human teams and youth+potential coming back. I guess these trades are good since it's giving movement, but for me the barometer shouldn't be "is this trade a blatant exploitation of the system" but "if Minnesota/Montreal/Columbus had a human GM would they be moving out franchise-quality prospects for guys in their mid-30s." I think pretty much every trade proposed here would fail that test. I'm not saying we should ban CPU trades nor am I saying prospects would never be traded away, but this whole "hoard every good player under 26 onto the same 12 teams" doesn't excite me.I don't have a solution though - maybe handicap it so human GMs have to "lose" such trades for them to be even - but that hardly seems fair.

I also think players should try in good conscience to make trades with humans first. There have been good players moved who weren't advertised as available. And if you have offered players and no one bit, maybe it's a sign their value isn't what you believe it to be, and that shouldn't changed just because you tack on 6 useless bodies in a CPU trade.

Again, I'm not saying CPU trades are an awful idea. We have half a league of CPU GMs, and then there are human GMs like me who don't like to wheel and deal or make trades just because I'm bored. I get that that isn't so healthy for the league, so this is probably a necessary changed. But they have to be very well controlled or else those 10 or so CPU teams just become a farm system for the rest of us, which is lame and essentially enabling "rookie mode."

Last edited by moz: 01-11-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old
01-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Quote:
How much money was he asking for? I'm interested but I'll only have about $3 million in cap space after my trade with Washington goes through.
3.6 for 3 years.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:58 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
I agree with you Moz. We should've looked at not just the value, but the direction and strengths / weaknesses of the CPU team.

Everybody is trading 30+ year old players for te CPU's best prospects even though the cpu finished in the bottom of the league.

Though with that said, the cpu is making it difficult because they have so much cap space, and all of us humans have like 2 million and no room to make moves.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
3.6 for 3 years.
Hm. I think this could work if you take back David Desharnais. (79 overall 3rd line center, around $2 million salary I think) If you're interested, then send me an offer. It kind of has to involve Desharnais though - otherwise I won't have cap space or room on my roster for Schroeder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I agree with you Moz. We should've looked at not just the value, but the direction and strengths / weaknesses of the CPU team.

Everybody is trading 30+ year old players for te CPU's best prospects even though the cpu finished in the bottom of the league.

Though with that said, the cpu is making it difficult because they have so much cap space, and all of us humans have like 2 million and no room to make moves.
I know I gave Minnesota older players - but my trade with them really improves their roster. Before the trade, they only had two NHL defensemen. Now they have four, and Liles is better than just a top six if you look at his attributes, he just has low physical stats. Jordan Staal is also the perfect second-line center for them - he is better than Mikko Koivu, and also Mikael Granlund who came my way.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

I hate all of these CPU trades but I can't separate my own subjectivity so I won't vote on them. I wish there was some way to anonymise the teams, though it's pretty obvious since every trade is old+salary leaving human teams and youth+potential coming back. I guess these trades are good since it's giving movement, but for me the barometer shouldn't be "is this trade a blatant exploitation of the system" but "if Minnesota/Montreal/Columbus had a human GM would they be moving out franchise-quality prospects for guys in their mid-30s." I think pretty much every trade proposed here would fail that test. I'm not saying we should ban CPU trades nor am I saying prospects would never be traded away, but this whole "hoard every good player under 26 onto the same 12 teams" doesn't excite me.I don't have a solution though - maybe handicap it so human GMs have to "lose" such trades for them to be even - but that hardly seems fair.

I also think players should try in good conscience to make trades with humans first. There have been good players moved who weren't advertised as available. And if you have offered players and no one bit, maybe it's a sign their value isn't what you believe it to be, and that shouldn't changed just because you tack on 6 useless bodies in a CPU trade.

Again, I'm not saying CPU trades are an awful idea. We have half a league of CPU GMs, and then there are human GMs like me who don't like to wheel and deal or make trades just because I'm bored. I get that that isn't so healthy for the league, so this is probably a necessary changed. But they have to be very well controlled or else those 10 or so CPU teams just become a farm system for the rest of us, which is lame and essentially enabling "rookie mode."

Old
01-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post

That was a creative post.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:16 PM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Hm. I think this could work if you take back David Desharnais. (79 overall 3rd line center, around $2 million salary I think) If you're interested, then send me an offer. It kind of has to involve Desharnais though - otherwise I won't have cap space or room on my roster for Schroeder.

I know I gave Minnesota older players - but my trade with them really improves their roster. Before the trade, they only had two NHL defensemen. Now they have four, and Liles is better than just a top six if you look at his attributes, he just has low physical stats. Jordan Staal is also the perfect second-line center for them - he is better than Mikko Koivu, and also Mikael Granlund who came my way.
Jordan Staal the kind of guy who should have been made available to human GMs for "first dibs" at least (apologies f he was and I overlooked it). Would he have returned Granlund's equivalent, maybe not, but I think a fair trade could have been made that would benefit two human GMs. I'm not criticizing your trade, just trying to start a dialogue before the run on prospects is in full swing.

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm being made fun of, haha.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Well if anyone has suggestions on how to make AI trades fair.

Currently its 1 trade per season and requires 3 approvals from GM's.

Just brain storming...

limit to max of 3 players/picks per team.

trades require more approvals than disapprovals with a minimum of 3 approvals.

Some sort of auction. GM making original trade with the AI can chose to take the AI package(if approved) or go with his preferred bid.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Nah, I agree is all.

Old
01-11-2013, 06:35 PM
BlazingRoy
It only grows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post

For the record I was negotiating with people to move some of my players but then they randomly break off talks without warning and never respond to my PMs. The fact is that people in this league are way to obsessed with their youth/prospects. Apparently once a player turns 30 he becomes an over the hill cap dump. A prospect can become an amazing player, but your supposed to try and win the Stanley cup not try to get the best prospect pool ever. If Everybody hoards their prospects and refuses anyone over 30 yrs old then there is no movement at all and nobody ever gets better. The same teams make the playoffs every year and the same teams miss and tank again and again. Sometimes you need players over 30 in order to put your team over the top but the same people get the same high ceiling prospects every year while anyone whos even close to winning gets a 3.5 star guy who may be a decent player in 4 seasons

Old
01-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Yeah moz!

Old
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:

I dont know if it sounde like I was calling you out, but that definentely wasnt my intention. Hell, now that I think about it my trade of Spezza for JVR was like a 4 year age difference, and LA has the best center depth in the league (if they still have both Kopitar and Richards)

Old
01-11-2013, 07:29 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Quote:
How is Nash semi-old and Brad Richards had at least 4 years left as a 1 c

That's what I thought with Datsyuk being 94 overall and 36 years old.

01-11-2013, 07:35 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

I requested CPU trades initially because after the first 3-4 seasons of pushing for the cup I decided to rebuild and nobody seemed interested in trading....I couldn't even move out a 94 overall Datsyuk for a pick/prospect. (Almost had you NY Rags!)

Now everybody wants to trade with the CPU! lol.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
TheKeenKariya
OTF! OTB! HFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
I requested CPU trades initially because after the first 3-4 seasons of pushing for the cup I decided to rebuild and nobody seemed interested in trading....I couldn't even move out a 94 overall Datsyuk for a pick/prospect. (Almost had you NY Rags!)

Sorry what team are you and who are you trying to trade?

Old
01-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Jordan Staal the kind of guy who should have been made available to human GMs for "first dibs" at least (apologies f he was and I overlooked it). Would he have returned Granlund's equivalent, maybe not, but I think a fair trade could have been made that would benefit two human GMs. I'm not criticizing your trade, just trying to start a dialogue before the run on prospects is in full swing.

I stated at least once or twice that all of my players were available. No offers for Jordan Staal - Washington was the only team that even showed interest in any of my players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I dont know if it sounde like I was calling you out, but that definentely wasnt my intention. Hell, now that I think about it my trade of Spezza for JVR was like a 4 year age difference, and LA has the best center depth in the league (if they still have both Kopitar and Richards)
Haha I didn't think you were calling me out, just trying to justify my trade a little more.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

What about only having AI trades between December 1st and the trade deadline; If the AI team is not in a playoff spot you cannot trade your 30+ player to them for a prospect, pick or younger but lesser NHLer. If the AI team is in a playoff spot you cannot trade your prospect or pick for a roster player.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:29 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeenKariya View Post
Sorry what team are you and who are you trying to trade?
Detroit. I moved out the 2 forwards I wanted but still have Quincey and White on the backend I would be interested in moving. Both 84 overall if i recall.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:33 PM
BlazingRoy
It only grows

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post

The reason for that is because the CPU is actually willing to part with something. Nobody wants to give anything up to get more players. Too many people are playing the offline gm style (If I cant throw 3 1sts from 2025-2027 at someone for a franchise player then Im not gonna trade at all).

On the subject of Datsyuk even If he was 4 stars at 36 years old it would take a long time for him to go down to like 84 and thats if he had like 4 consecutive bad seasons.

I know people are scared of someone nuking the habs or LA and jacking all their stuff for non roster players, but if you don't respond or make deals with us wheeling and dealing GMS then we can't get better and say what you will about the Computer GMS and how they might potentially accept a bad trade, but I think they know what a fair deal is more than a lot of the human gms. Columbus rode my *** for like half an hour and I had to change up my deal a lot because of how valuable Ryan Murray is. When It comes to franchise players the CPU knows exactly what they are doing because they know the actual value of a 4.5 star player. He will likely be a stud but not all of them develop like you want. Duncan Siemens was 68 in year 1 when I traded him. In year 4 hes 74. At the rate of his growth he might be ready in 3 or 4 more seasons to do something, but thinking seven seasons ahead and valuing one player on what he might be compared to 4 nhlers whose ceilings aren't as high is foolish. The pittsburgh CPU has Crosby at 96 overall but crap all around him. If I was pittsburgh and someone offered me a legit first line of 87+ 28 year old players I would for sure do it.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:40 PM
BlazingRoy
It only grows

Quote:
What about only having AI trades between December 1st and the trade deadline; If the AI team is not in a playoff spot you cannot trade your 30+ player to them for a prospect, pick or younger but lesser NHLer. If the AI team is in a playoff spot you cannot trade your prospect or pick for a roster player.
But the flaw there is what if the CPU team is 9th and could use that player to make a playoff run. What happens if youre 9th and the trade would put you in a playoff position .

Also 30 years old = 6 more years at least as a great player.

There is no great solution to this because this basically makes the CPU GMS like babies and these are computers who don't have a hard on for over rated prospects.

1 trade a year with a CPU, Benny can veto the trade if and only if the trade is massively lopsided and destroys the CPU team.

And even so you should give us a reason the trade is vetoed also and let people know vaguely what they need to do for the trade to be allowed.

Under this system maybe people would feel compelled to trade more and take more chances knowing a CPU trade could happen at any time for all the teams

Old
01-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

Quote:
But the flaw there is what if the CPU team is 9th and could use that player to make a playoff run. What happens if youre 9th and the trade would put you in a playoff position .

Also 30 years old = 6 more years at least as a great player.
We can expand on the idea. It does not have to be exactly like i said.
Quote:
There is no great solution to this because this basically makes the CPU GMS like babies and these are computers who don't have a hard on for over rated prospects.

1 trade a year with a CPU, Benny can veto the trade if and only if the trade is massively lopsided and destroys the CPU team.

And even so you should give us a reason the trade is vetoed also and let people know vaguely what they need to do for the trade to be allowed.

Under this system maybe people would feel compelled to trade more and take more chances knowing a CPU trade could happen at any time for all the teams
I really dont want to be responsible for allowing or disallowing trades.

I prefer no AI trades but not having them really damages the trade market.

The last few seasons I either get no offers on my player or only 1 team.

Best solution would be to have no AI teams but thats not happening

Closed Thread