HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Lots of threads/posts about what the league "owes" fans. What about the players?

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Whale Mingo

vCash: 500
Lots of threads/posts about what the league "owes" fans. What about the players?

I am in the camp that doesn't believe the NHL "owes" us anything. The NHL is a source of entertainment that we pay for. They have no contract or obligation to us whatsoever. Now, any good business would feel as if they owe their customers something after all of this because it's simply good for business.

I see threads and posts about what teams are doing to give back/say sorry to the fans, but what about the players? Regardless of which side you were on during the lockout you have to (at least somewhat) hold both sides accountable. So shouldn't they both offer the fans something?

I'm not looking for personal gain here, I would like to see the players give something back to the communities they (had a hand in) taking so much away from (jobs, tax revenue, etc...).

Would it be too much to ask for each team's players to pick a charity or relief fund to donate a game check? Keep it in the local community and show us you still care about us.

Maybe a game check is too much, how about 1/3 of a check. Play one period for the community.

Maybe I'm way off base here, I dunno.....

Old
01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
pbgoalie

I'm pretty fed up after 3 play stoppages.
But, the players owe the fans a consistent effort
every time they step on the ice in games, practice etc.

Community involvement is a bonus. Great show of
team and fan support, but still a bonus imo

Old
01-10-2013, 04:49 PM
MarkhamNHL

why should the player owe anything for being locked out ?

Old
01-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Highly emotional, subjective view on who owes whom, and what.

Not really a business board topic.

If someone wishes to discuss the impact that lockouts have on brand value and customer satisfaction, that's probably fair game on this board.

Closed Thread