HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Good Sites to Stream OHL Games?

Old
09-27-2012, 01:48 PM
GrafSk8r12

vCash: 500
Good Sites to Stream OHL Games?

I live in the States nowhere near the Canadian border, so where would be some good sites to stream OHL games? Thanks!

GrafSk8r12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrafSk8r12 View Post
I live in the States nowhere near the Canadian border, so where would be some good sites to stream OHL games? Thanks!
Hey there is always OHL Livestream. you pay for it but besides that it is a really good feed!! Sorry I cant be more help.

WolvesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Spitsfan67*

Ohl Livestream is the best it's going to get for you. But it's usually very reliable and has a good feed.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Exit Dose

Does anyone know why Saginaw's games aren't available? I've seen their games available for live games, but archived games aren't showing up.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Ohl Livestream is the best it's going to get for you. But it's usually very reliable and has a good feed.
What's the video quality like anyway? Poor, OK, Good, or Excellent.

Renegader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
What's the video quality like anyway? Poor, OK, Good, or Excellent.
Well it depends on what your definition of poor, ok, good, and excellent are. I have got the OHL livestream for about 30 games I would say and the video quality to me is OK. Not as good as a non HD TV station you can see the game but it is hard to see the puck on the screen.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 01:06 PM
CharlieGirl

It also depends on the team and venue. The US teams don't broadcast their games so the quality is poorer than average. Some barns are bright and the broadcast is crisp and clear. Some places either are dark or televise dark.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Renegader

Thanks for the info folks.

Renegader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 12:02 PM
NHL Fanatic

has anyone tried this website

http://www4.hockeystreams.com/live-streams

Apparently live streams, OHL, WHL, QMJHL, NHL, AHL & KHL

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 01:04 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post

I saw this site once and was wondering as well. Because 99.99 for the entire year would be a fantastic deal for what you get. Even if the stream qualities weren't that great, the price would be ok for all the leagues involved.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 04:58 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Some places either are dark or televise dark.
like Sudbury telecast, if it wasn't for the ice surface and players skating you wouldn't know if it was a hockey game or a concert going on.

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post

I decided to try it out for tonight's game since Owen Sound is in the States and not on OHL package. For as long as they don't get shutdown tonight I'll be happy

looks a lot more decent that the OHL streaming.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:06 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
I decided to try it out for tonight's game since Owen Sound is in the States and not on OHL package. For as long as they don't get shutdown tonight I'll be happy

looks a lot more decent that the OHL streaming.
Let me know how the quality is. I thought about getting it because 100 dollars is not terrible if I can watch all the road games.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:41 AM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Let me know how the quality is. I thought about getting it because 100 dollars is not terrible if I can watch all the road games.
well it depends how your going to view it...

on your computer the quality is nice, I wouldn't have a problem buying it again. I would give it a 7.5 - 8 / 10. I was impressed with the fact that there was no lag. I do have a very fast connection.

I took a HDMI cable and plugged it into a 50" DLP from the laptop. Maybe the quality would be better on LED TVs but the quality was reduced quite a bit on the TV. I expected that because of the projection of a DLP version of TV I have. I don't like to watch TV on a computer so I rather pay $30/month for the OHL package. (super sports package). Quality was like 5/10.

I'd say buy 1 game to experience it first, because the Website says the quality also depends on your connection speed. Instead of lagging, they reduce the quality.There's rumors out there of legal issues so they could be shut down, so you could lose your money.

Another thing I saw... was a "Freeze/Unfreeze" account option. I didn't look into it because I was only buying 1 day pass. You should look into that too because it might mean that you don't have to use up all your days in sequence. So if you have only 30 road games you want to watch you might get away with just buying a 30 days purchase. But I don't really know what that option is. I attached a screen shot of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg‎ (126.3 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by bidzey: 11-04-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old
11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
well it depends how your going to view it...

on your computer the quality is nice, I wouldn't have a problem buying it again. I would give it a 7.5 - 8 / 10. I was impressed with the fact that there was no lag. I do have a very fast connection.

I took a HDMI cable and plugged it into a 50" DLP from the laptop. Maybe the quality would be better on LED TVs but the quality was reduced quite a bit on the TV. I expected that because of the projection of a DLP version of TV I have. I don't like to watch TV on a computer so I rather pay $30/month for the OHL package. (super sports package). Quality was like 5/10.

I'd say buy 1 game to experience it first, because the Website says the quality also depends on your connection speed. Instead of lagging, they reduce the quality.There's rumors out there of legal issues so they could be shut down, so you could lose your money.

Another thing I saw... was a "Freeze/Unfreeze" account option. I didn't look into it because I was only buying 1 day pass. You should look into that too because it might mean that you don't have to use up all your days in sequence. So if you have only 30 road games you want to watch you might get away with just buying a 30 days purchase. But I don't really know what that option is. I attached a screen shot of it.
Ok thanks Bidzey, I might give it a one day try like you suggested. I like watching on the TV but if the quality is better I will use my computer.

Side note, looks like the Attack are the real deal this year, you have a lot to look forward too.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:09 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Side note, looks like the Attack are the real deal this year, you have a lot to look forward too.
as long as they stay healthy and disciplined

Old
12-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Snippit

Is there a way to watch Sportsnet Ontario online for free?

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Cfriss216

Actually, the feeds from Saginaw and Plymouth are very good. I live in Ohio and I have to use OHL Livestream for any OHL game. I can tell you the worst feeds aren't from Erie, Saginaw, or Plymouth. The Soo Greyhounds have by far the worst feed on OHL Livestream...absolutely horrible. The feed from the Missy Steelheads isn't all that great either. Kitchener has been disappointing also. Even though they use the Rogers tv/TV Cogeco feeds, it can be blurry for some feeds. Kitchener being one of them and I don't know why. Because I love watching them. I emailed OHLsupport about it and they don't seem to care, so so I guess they will never get TV quality.

Cfriss216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2012, 10:58 PM
NHL Fanatic

Free OHL streaming December 28 & 29. Code available on the OHL livestream website

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote