HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Line Combos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-01-2013, 09:57 PM
  #126
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,436
vCash: 500
More people want Grant on the team than Zibanejad... even I didn't think that'd be the case only 4 months after almost every person was slotting Zibanejad into the top6.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 10:54 PM
  #127
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
FYI using Pisani as an example ignores the fact he had significant health issues (ulcerative colitis), which was finally diagnosed the season following the contract signing.
Huh, didn't know that!

UC sucks, I don't wish that on anyone.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:14 PM
  #128
HappyGilmour
Registered User
 
HappyGilmour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Latendresse - Smith - Neil
Daugavins - O'Brien - Condra
Regin

Methot - Karlsson
Lundin - Gonchar
Phillips - Wiercioch
Disagree.

I think Cronda will finally get top 6 minutes this season.

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:33 PM
  #129
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmour View Post
Disagree.

I think Cronda will finally get top 6 minutes this season.
So he has more chances to miss the net?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:39 PM
  #130
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!
 
The Turret's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
So he has more chances to miss the net?
Lol exactly my thought

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:44 PM
  #131
HappyGilmour
Registered User
 
HappyGilmour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
So he has more chances to miss the net?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Lol exactly my thought
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldaO7ygIi9Y

HappyGilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:59 PM
  #132
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,895
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
Our PK wasn't even that great anyways.
So why get rid of our best pker?

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:16 AM
  #133
Sensbud
Rookie User
 
Sensbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I really hope they drop Alfie from the PK.
They really should. We need to conserve his energy and efforts on the offensive side of things. He seems out of gas at times.

Sensbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:21 AM
  #134
Sensbud
Rookie User
 
Sensbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
not likely



Redden is an AHL d-man. He sucks. He can't play in the NHL. Wiercioch is a much better player at this point, but you have him sitting
I agree, let's just develop Wiercioch and move on. Redden was a great part of our franchise's modern history but the ship has sailed. His situation was unfortunate and it's too bad because he's a good guy but Wiercioch has done everything to prove he's ready for the next step.

Sensbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:50 AM
  #135
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmour View Post
Disagree.

I think Cronda will finally get top 6 minutes this season.
I'm seeing this now after seeing your main board thread. Why? How on Earth would Erik Condra get any sniff at top 6 minutes. He has no finish and inferior offensive instincts than the following:

Alfredsson
Michalek
Latendresse
Spezza
Greening
Silfverberg
Turris
Regin

He's forever a bottom 6 player. Why do you think Erik Condra is the "real deal"?

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:51 AM
  #136
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Huh, didn't know that!

UC sucks, I don't wish that on anyone.
You must not have lived in America then. NHL network had a commercial about Pisani and UC and they played it 100 times a day for over a year (they tend to do that haha)


Last edited by derriko: 01-02-2013 at 01:35 AM.
derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:59 AM
  #137
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,428
vCash: 500
Any ok FA's to replace a mid pairing D? We need a lefty to play with either Karlsson or Gonchar if this thing starts up in the next 2 weeks.

And probably another contract to hit the floor..

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:43 AM
  #138
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Any ok FA's to replace a mid pairing D? We need a lefty to play with either Karlsson or Gonchar if this thing starts up in the next 2 weeks.

And probably another contract to hit the floor..
Matt Gilroy or Chris Campoli

Anyways....guys. Lats is basically a more talented, albeit slower version of Greening. A guy to play physical and do the dirty work, and hang out in front of the net. And apparently Lats has slick hands in close. That Greening - Spezza - Michalek line was really good last year, so you would have to think after a couple games to build chemistry that Latedresse-Spezza-Michalek would be even better. Having a possible 30 goal scorer flanking Spezza on both sides would be like a light version of the Pizza line. Yet this time we would have some quality secondary scoring.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 02:28 AM
  #139
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Having a possible 30 goal scorer flanking Spezza on both sides would be like a light version of the Pizza line.
Looks good, and with support for EK it'll be a real threat.
Looks like the most injury prone 1st line I've ever seen though.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 05:45 AM
  #140
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Looks good, and with support for EK it'll be a real threat.
Looks like the most injury prone 1st line I've ever seen though.
I heard there was once a line that had Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Havlat together.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:13 AM
  #141
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I'm seeing this now after seeing your main board thread. Why? How on Earth would Erik Condra get any sniff at top 6 minutes. He has no finish and inferior offensive instincts than the following:

Alfredsson
Michalek
Latendresse
Spezza
Greening
Silfverberg
Turris
Regin

He's forever a bottom 6 player. Why do you think Erik Condra is the "real deal"?
Elite stamina.

Actually I agree with you. Condra is not going to see top 6 minutes. The guy makes Chris Kelly look like Pavel Bure.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:20 AM
  #142
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: England
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
He's forever a bottom 6 player. Why do you think Erik Condra is the "real deal"?
Were you not here last year for all his Condra jokes?

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 10:38 AM
  #143
Proust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,406
vCash: 500
That D corps looks terrible.

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:03 AM
  #144
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
That D corps looks terrible.
Short season - maybe Karllson plays 30 minutes every night

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:08 AM
  #145
leftwinglocker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
That D corps looks terrible.
Will all depend on the roles that the head coach thinks need filling. If you are looking for a top shutdown and PK d-man that will win tough games for you, it's not even close - Borocop is in your lineup. In the Calder Cup run, he pushed his way into a top 4 spot right out of college ahead of other regulars and KK couldn't take him out. Did the same at Clarkson. He'll do the same with the Sens. He's your Volchenkov replacement - but is a great skater and can move the puck and also produce offense when needed. BSens leading D man in points last year. - and is a Clarkson man!

leftwinglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:10 AM
  #146
Lenny the Lynx
Registered User
 
Lenny the Lynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
That D corps looks terrible.
That's what I say too. It looks like on of the weaker D's in the league, and if one of EK/Phillips/Gonch/Methot were to get hurt, yikes. We need help.

I also think looking at the forwards, assuming Silfverberg is the only guy on Bingo who is a lock to come up, we are pretty jammed in the bottom six. I'd like to see them move Daugavins to open up a spot

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:12 AM
  #147
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinglocker View Post
Will all depend on the roles that the head coach thinks need filling. If you are looking for a top shutdown and PK d-man that will win tough games for you, it's not even close - Borocop is in your lineup. In the Calder Cup run, he pushed his way into a top 4 spot right out of college ahead of other regulars and KK couldn't take him out. Did the same at Clarkson. He'll do the same with the Sens. He's your Volchenkov replacement - but is a great skater and can move the puck and also produce offense when needed. BSens leading D man in points last year. - and is a Clarkson man!
I wonder is Weircoche has made enough progress to Play with Karlsson as a poor man's Kuba replacement. Coaches love playing rookie D with top NHL'ers, and what a better way to break Weircohe in then to play him with the Norris trophy winner.

Pair Phillips with Karlsson on the PK to reduce Weircoche's minutes - could work

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:24 AM
  #148
newerabegins
Registered User
 
newerabegins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
I wonder is Weircoche has made enough progress to Play with Karlsson as a poor man's Kuba replacement. Coaches love playing rookie D with top NHL'ers, and what a better way to break Weircohe in then to play him with the Norris trophy winner.

Pair Phillips with Karlsson on the PK to reduce Weircoche's minutes - could work
i dont know if that pairing would be good enough defensively

newerabegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:41 AM
  #149
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Were you not here last year for all his Condra jokes?
I'm well aware of the Condra jokes, but the guy made a thread on the main boards about Condra having a breakout year. I don't think he's joking.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 11:54 AM
  #150
Proust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
I wonder is Weircoche has made enough progress to Play with Karlsson as a poor man's Kuba replacement. Coaches love playing rookie D with top NHL'ers, and what a better way to break Weircohe in then to play him with the Norris trophy winner.

Pair Phillips with Karlsson on the PK to reduce Weircoche's minutes - could work
Kuba provided a stable, reliable, veteran presence which acted as a safety-net for Karlsson's flashy game.

You gotta really bend logic to propose that a rookie offensive defenseman would be good in that role....

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.