HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v24: Rudy Gay/Hamed Haddadi for Ed Davis/Jose Calderon swap imminent

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM
  #551
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
T-Ross is gonna be a franchise player. I'm loving what he's turning in to.
Franchise player? Yeah, let's not get carried away.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 08:47 PM
  #552
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Franchise player? Yeah, let's not get carried away.
Franchise player in Toronto.. There's a difference. Ever since VC we've settled for mediocrity.

__________________
http://i57.tinypic.com/28b4abo.jpg
DirtyDion03 is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 08:58 PM
  #553
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,585
vCash: 500
Acy is a beast

Kulemon is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:00 PM
  #554
Hyperglide
Registered User
 
Hyperglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,553
vCash: 500
What a dunk by Acy! That needs a chuck swirsky KA-BOOM!

Also not sure if it was mentioned earlier but the Maloofs sold the Kings for $525 million and they are moving back to Seattle. Good for them.

Hyperglide is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:05 PM
  #555
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,585
vCash: 500
Acy again!

Kulemon is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM
  #556
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
What a dunk by Acy! That needs a chuck swirsky KA-BOOM!

Also not sure if it was mentioned earlier but the Maloofs sold the Kings for $525 million and they are moving back to Seattle. Good for them.
It's still not certain yet. They said that it looks like it'll happen, but they never said it's a done deal (because it isn't.)

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 57 GP, 18-28-11 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM
  #557
Hyperglide
Registered User
 
Hyperglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,553
vCash: 500
Acy with some beauty dunks tonight. He is like Reggie Evans but more athletic.

Hyperglide is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM
  #558
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Franchise player in Toronto.. There's a difference. Ever since VC we've settled for mediocrity.
Either way he's got a LONG way to go. No idea how anyone can think at this point Ross is going to be a franchise player. Not to piss on him or anything but lets keep in mind that he is barely shooting 40% and has a 57.1 FT%.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
  #559
TMLeafer
Moderator
Bring him home.
 
TMLeafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hockey Mecca, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,507
vCash: 500
They're comparing him to Evans just because of the beard

TMLeafer is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:12 PM
  #560
Stats01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,874
vCash: 580
Awesome game from Acy, blocks galore, dunks galore, love his energy.

Stats01 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:17 PM
  #561
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Either way he's got a LONG way to go. No idea how anyone can think at this point Ross is going to be a franchise player. Not to piss on him or anything but lets keep in mind that he is barely shooting 40% and has a 57.1 FT%.
Half his shots are 3's though, so that FG% is a little lower than it would be. No doubt he has some work to do, but he has all the tools.

The thing I love is that he has the potential to be an elite defensive player as well. He is long and super quick, and has great hands for getting steals.

I think his FT% and 3pt% will increase. The only thing I question is his ball handling. To be a star, you have to be able to break your man off the dribble and create your own shot.

Hemskyfanboy83 is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:18 PM
  #562
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
T-Ross is gonna be a franchise player. I'm loving what he's turning in to.
Err....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
How many times do they have to ask them about their turnaround? It's at the point now where I just cringe everytime it's brought up in an interview.
Leo is just the worse. I really hate his commentating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Franchise player in Toronto.. There's a difference. Ever since VC we've settled for mediocrity.
I don't think you know the defintion of Franchise player. A Franchise player is someone who puts the team on their back, is their best player and is known around the league. Chris Bosh was a franchise player here (albeit a poor one).

Eytinge is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:19 PM
  #563
Hanta Yo
Bag it up
 
Hanta Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,391
vCash: 500
Great win, love the groaning from the crowd when they didn't hit 100 points.

Hanta Yo is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:19 PM
  #564
Stats01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,874
vCash: 580
Aaron Gray is the worst basketball player I've ever seen, why is even on this team. All he has to do is play out the last 2 mins of the game and he misses a rebound and then gets beat under the basket..lolll i just laugh when I see him chugging up and down the floor, the guy is worthless. Anyway great win for the team. Acy is indeed becoming a fan favourite

Stats01 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:22 PM
  #565
Stats01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,874
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
Great win, love the groaning from the crowd when they didn't hit 100 points.
It's kind of annoying to be honest. When I hear a crowd scream Pizza...Pizza they just sound like a bunch of amateurs. Cheer for the win not food.

Stats01 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:22 PM
  #566
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,585
vCash: 500
Ahhhh they asked about the turnaround again

Kulemon is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:25 PM
  #567
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Half his shots are 3's though, so that FG% is a little lower than it would be. No doubt he has some work to do, but he has all the tools.

The thing I love is that he has the potential to be an elite defensive player as well. He is long and super quick, and has great hands for getting steals.

I think his FT% and 3pt% will increase. The only thing I question is his ball handling. To be a star, you have to be able to break your man off the dribble and create your own shot.
I thought he measured poorly at the draft when it came to his wingspan? Which is why I don't like him at SF, he's a SG through and through.

Eytinge is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:25 PM
  #568
Hanta Yo
Bag it up
 
Hanta Yo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
It's kind of annoying to be honest. When I hear a crowd scream Pizza...Pizza they just sound like a bunch of amateurs. Cheer for the win not food.
I find it hilarious, especially if the Raps are about to lose the game, and the crowd let's out a cheer when they hit 100.

I'll always remember Van Gundy's comment.

Quote:
“I mean, everybody’s on their feet, standing ovation and the whole thing and then a guy in the crowd next to me sitting baseline said everybody gets a free pizza, so I guess that was exciting,” Van Gundy said. “That was the loudest the crowd was all night. They were into that. That was a big basket by Ed Davis.

“They’re going to put that on the highlight film at the end of the year. I was like, ‘Wow, what happened, I thought they had like an 18-point play and tied the game or something.”

At that point, Van Gundy was informed the fans did not get an entire pizza; just a slice.

“Really? We got a standing ovation for a slice? They told me they got a free pizza. A slice? A slice you have to sit in your seat and clap; you can’t stand up on a slice, that’s bad etiquette.”

Hanta Yo is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:29 PM
  #569
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,585
vCash: 500
Did he just say Terrence Ross had to be in contention for rookie of the year? Smh...

He definitely has the best rookie highlights though.


Last edited by Kulemon: 01-11-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Kulemon is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:30 PM
  #570
Hemskyfanboy83
Registered User
 
Hemskyfanboy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I thought he measured poorly at the draft when it came to his wingspan? Which is why I don't like him at SF, he's a SG through and through.
I have no idea how he measured, but he seems long to me for SG standards and that's all that matters since those are the players he will be guarding.

Hemskyfanboy83 is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:32 PM
  #571
Hyperglide
Registered User
 
Hyperglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
I find it hilarious, especially if the Raps are about to lose the game, and the crowd let's out a cheer when they hit 100.

I'll always remember Van Gundy's comment.
A whole pizza would be worth it. Even if it's ****** Pizza Pizza.

Hyperglide is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:49 PM
  #572
thatshype
Registered User
 
thatshype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Did he just say Terrence Ross had to be in contention for rookie of the year? Smh...

He definitely has the best rookie highlights though.
I only heard him say Ross should be in the slamdunk contest. Maybe that's what you heard?

thatshype is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
  #573
Kb21
Registered User
 
Kb21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperglide View Post
A whole pizza would be worth it. Even if it's ****** Pizza Pizza.
i haven't had pizza pizza in a long time, it is so ****. i'd give the ticket to a bum if i was at the game and they hit 100+.

acy was a beast tonight, however what i noticed is that he doesn't set hard screens sometimes. rolls to early and is looking for the 20FT jumper, i'd prefer if he sets the screen hard and once the double follows the PG to the rim he can step up and hit that 15-17FT JS that lowry or jose will be able to feed him.

also this team needs a real all star, all i can remember is how we played well vs OKC but they still looked in control and gave me the feeling we will never win this game because our players just aren't that good regardless of how well this team is coached. man i wish we could win the lottery next year and get wiggins, he would make us a top 5 team in the east IMO.

Kb21 is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 09:59 PM
  #574
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post

I don't think you know the defintion of Franchise player. A Franchise player is someone who puts the team on their back, is their best player and is known around the league. Chris Bosh was a franchise player here (albeit a poor one).
That's what I just said? T Ross might be able to drop 22 a game with easily grabbing 5 rebounds a game. That's pretty good from a 2/3. And like I said expectations aren't that high here in Toronto.

DirtyDion03 is online now  
Old
01-11-2013, 10:06 PM
  #575
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,247
vCash: 500
Love this awesome comeback since Bargs went down. Gonna be tough to pass anyone in the top 8 though with Boston heating up. Just hope Milwaukee loses tonight and beat them Sunday to start.

Nick0930 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.