HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v24: Rudy Gay/Hamed Haddadi for Ed Davis/Jose Calderon swap imminent

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 03:34 PM
LV*
Free my bro Leivo

vCash: 4152
Gay has been my favorite player since his rookie year, but BC is just pathetic. What is he trying to do? If we get Rudy, that puts us in win-now mode... I don't think we have a chance to win, even with Gay.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Eytinge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Eric Koreen will be joining TSN 1050 to talk about the Rudy Gay rumors next.
Listened to it and they all brought up some great points.

-Eric said they is no way MLSE would let BC take on Gay's huge contract if they didn't intend to keep him as GM

-Mentioned that Demar and Gay are a pretty bad fit, and a Gay trade would probably mean Demar would be on the market which would have been an easier sell before he signed his big contract

-Brought up the point that Gay isn't really a star and not that good, so what is the point in changing up the entire team and trading away a young talent like ED and picks for a "maybe" allstar

-Mentioned that if BC was let go of after he trades for Gay, it would be very hard to find a GM that would want to come into a situation where the cap space is locked up for the next few years for a middling team.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Joey24

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
It's fair enough to say you don't want Rudy Gay, but it's dumb to say he would never bring the raptors any further then the second round. That right there is more then any of the most recent Raptors have done.

As for the people saying we should be building for a championship instead of trying to make the playoffs because of teams like Miami, You can't think like that when it comes to the NBA. It's fine to build through the draft and through trades, the Raptors have enough young players on the team to be able to take the next step as long as it doesn't cost them to much young pieces.

A Trade around DD ( I would be more upset if it was the rumored Ed Davis) plus a pick and the rumored Jose is fine. Toronto needs to shake things up. You have young guys like Ed Davis breaking out, Ross having an up and down rookie campaign and J-Val who was having a decent rookie season with Toronto.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24 View Post
It's fair enough to say you don't want Rudy Gay, but it's dumb to say he would never bring the raptors any further then the second round. That right there is more then any of the most recent Raptors have done.
How is it dumb? Do you think the team, with an addition of Rudy Gay, is capable of beating a top 4 team in the first round, let alone in the second round?

This isn't the NHL where "anything can happen", the first two rounds are always incredibly difficult and highly improbable for a 5-8 seed to advance through.

Old
01-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Eytinge

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Raptors and Grizzlies are discussing framework of trade with respective ownership groups now, sources tell Y! Deal could be done tonight.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:00 PM
LV*
Free my bro Leivo

I'll be happy that we got him, but we better make another trade and try to build a better supporting cast.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Auzzie19

TOR:
- Gay
- 1st rndr

MPH:
- Calderon
- Fields
- Bargnani

???? What else do we give up????

Old
01-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Kamal007
FEEL LIKE PABLO

I don't see how Demar is traded a month or two after signing an extension. Just seems unlikely.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:09 PM
LV*
Free my bro Leivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
TOR:
- Gay
- 1st rndr

MPH:
- Calderon
- Fields
- Bargnani

lol, isn't the rumoured trade supposed to be Davis/DeRozan + Calderon + 2nd?

Old
01-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

@WojYahooNBA: Memphis and Toronto pushing closer on deal to send Rudy Gay to the Raptors, sources tell Y! Sports. Raps would part with Calderon and Davis.

Haha, Davis is in the deal? I see BC is trying his best to save his ****ing ass. Here we come, another 5 years of mediocrity!

Old
01-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
TOR:
- Gay
- 1st rndr

MPH:
- Calderon
- Fields
- Bargnani

Um...why would Memphis ever want Fields and Bargs while also giving up a first. Might as well propose Lebron for Anderson while you're at it.

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Several league officials tell Y! Sports that Memphis has a plan to route Jose Calderon to a third team for assets in Rudy Gay deal.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:16 PM
topched

Unless BC somehow magically includes Bargs in this deal (which ain't happening unless there's an act of God)... I'm disapointed.

ED is coming into his own, high motor, great rebounder and is showing offensive touch.

Gay is overrated, he's a slight upgrade over DeMar... Now we've got a 3-4 rotation of DD, Gay and Ross. Big hole up front with ED gone... its gonna be lonely for Amir.

BC is trying to save his *** and its so obvious.

Putting us in win-now mode, saddling us with the ugliest contracts in the NBA.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:16 PM
thatshype

Frankly I'd rather give them Demar instead of Davis. Davis fits our team needs more

Old
01-30-2013, 04:19 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatshype View Post
Frankly I'd rather give them Demar instead of Davis. Davis fits our team needs more
Why make the trade if you're giving up Demar?

It makes no sense to me at all what is BC doing? We have a hole at 3... so he goes and gets Gay to either play with DeRozan... or gives up Demar and probably a pick + calderon for a tiny upgrade.

Gay's barely an upgrade on Demar, factor in DD being a little younger, and they're probably gonna have the same output for the rest of their careers.

Useless.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Going online now: ESPN sources say Grizzlies and Raps have deal in place to swap Rudy Gay and Hamed Haddadi for Ed Davis and Jose Calderon
no ed davis! I was holding out hope Demar would be included instead.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:26 PM
JMcLeaf

vCash: 167
Don't trade Ed!

Old
Iskandm004

-_- the only reason I did not want this trade is because all the GAY jokes that will come with it. Cant wait to hear the ACC yelling out GAY.

But other then that, I like the proposed trade. The wings have always been our weakest points and now were strong with Gay Demar and Ross and Gay brings some much needed Swag

Old
FifthLine

Absolute stupidity if it goes down the way they say. Gay isn't really that much of an upgrade on Demar, only that he's a true 3. Other than that they're very similar. Especially not at the cost of Ed Davis, he's been an absolute stud this year. Every game he reminds me more and more of a young Chris Bosh (not saying he'll be that good). MLSE is a joke, they fire Burke but allow BC to stay and make this awful deal.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

BC should have been fired a LONG time ago but I guess MLSE is fine letting him continuing to ruin the franchise right to the ****ing ground. I guess why would they as they have already ruined other Toronto sports team.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:30 PM
weems

I dont really care for the deal either way but its hilarious to see people say Gay is hardly a upgrade over Demar. I dont care what advanced numbers say or anything but it wont be long until people see Gay is a vastly superior player.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by weems View Post
I dont really care for the deal either way but its hilarious to see people say Gay is hardly a upgrade over Demar. I dont care what advanced numbers say or anything but it wont be long until people see Gay is a vastly superior player.
He is better than Demar no question. But Demar isn't really that good anyways. Its like saying Amir is an upgrade on Gray.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:34 PM
SpeakerForTheDead

Don't trade Davis! Argghhh, I hate you BC. Watching Davis start to break out has been the highlight of the season. Stupid, stupid, stupid. That means we are back to Bargnani being the starting 4.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
He is better than Demar no question. But Demar isn't really that good anyways. Its like saying Amir is an upgrade on Gray.
Agree.

I guess this is what I was trying to say. Sure we upgraded the wings, now we've got a couple of above average guys, still no star player, and we got older.

Gay's contract is ugly... we're still saddled with Bargnani and Kleiza. It doesn't make alot of sense.

Old
Hyperglide

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Going online now: ESPN sources say Grizzlies and Raps have deal in place to swap Rudy Gay and Hamed Haddadi for Ed Davis and Jose Calderon
I know it's speculation but apparently some sources are saying a Jose/Ed deal for Haddadi/Gay deal is already done.

Oh man this team is quickly becoming the Clippers East. Terrible move for the future.

BC can you please GTFO? One last move to ruin the franchise before he's gone in 6 months. Eww.. MLSE clearly doesn't give a crap about the Raps.

EDIT: Oh man you guys beat me to it again, grrr..

Old
LV*
Free my bro Leivo

Glad it was Davis and not DeRozan tbh, good trade. Let's make the playoffs.

Closed Thread