HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Continue here.

Remember, credible sources only.

03-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Bring back Robidas. Can play on the power play and he's a good hitter too.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
I love how Tradecentre has remained part of every title. TSN must love it.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I love how Tradecentre has remained part of every title. TSN must love it.
I love how nothing they say we've ever discussed about cause they hate us... It's all about the leafs lol

Old
03-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You refuse to put any blame on the head pro scout after we made one of our worst trades involving pro players in recent memory? Welp, ok.
We really don't know who was the mastermind of that trade, all the more reason that the number one culprit was Gainey. Gauthier had plenty of power back then and could certainly be considered part of the problem since he's responsible somewhere between coming up with the idea of that trade and not objecting to it enough, but ultimate it was Gainey's trade.

Gauthier should have probably never been GM as he was a bad leader and was too close to Gainey to really bring us new ideas, but I find it ridiculous that he's portrayed on this board as a cartoon supervilian responsible for everything from Fischer over Giroux to the lack of size on the team to Gomez. All we know is when Gauthier had the last say, he made some bad moves himself but nothing nearly as destructive as the Gomez trade that we would still be suffering from if the new CBA didn't bail us out.

As a player and a human being I have nothing but respect and support for Gainey, even as an executive he was successful until after 2006, at which point he got increasingly erratic and by his last year seemed to have lost all judgement. It's horrible what he has dealt with and it's possible that Gauthier was the one pulling the strings after that, it's also possible Gauthier was just one voice of many and responsibility lies with the entire front office, especially the boss.

I'm not trying to make Gauthier into a good GM, because he wasn't, but based on what we know and the situation he inherited, he seemed more mediocre than terrible, a continuation of the status quo. But it's ridiculous how he's scapegoated for everything.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:26 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
I am not saying I think the Habs should absolutely try to get him but , Jaromir Jagr looks good. Great passing, hockey sense, vision, shot and strong play along the boards.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:28 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
There is no need for him. Plus Therrien trying out almost all our near ready D prospects smells like the team won't be trading for a Dman.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:36 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
We really don't know who was the mastermind of that trade, all the more reason that the number one culprit was Gainey. Gauthier had plenty of power back then and could certainly be considered part of the problem since he's responsible somewhere between coming up with the idea of that trade and not objecting to it enough, but ultimate it was Gainey's trade.

Gauthier should have probably never been GM as he was a bad leader and was too close to Gainey to really bring us new ideas, but I find it ridiculous that he's portrayed on this board as a cartoon supervilian responsible for everything from Fischer over Giroux to the lack of size on the team to Gomez. All we know is when Gauthier had the last say, he made some bad moves himself but nothing nearly as destructive as the Gomez trade that we would still be suffering from if the new CBA didn't bail us out.

As a player and a human being I have nothing but respect and support for Gainey, even as an executive he was successful until after 2006, at which point he got increasingly erratic and by his last year seemed to have lost all judgement. It's horrible what he has dealt with and it's possible that Gauthier was the one pulling the strings after that, it's also possible Gauthier was just one voice of many and responsibility lies with the entire front office, especially the boss.

I'm not trying to make Gauthier into a good GM, because he wasn't, but based on what we know and the situation he inherited, he seemed more mediocre than terrible, a continuation of the status quo. But it's ridiculous how he's scapegoated for everything.
I can't say how much credit or blame Gauthier should get for Gainey's moves while GM, whether good ones like the Gorges trade, or bad ones like the Gomez trade.

But I do know this: Gauthier himself did not make only bad moves.

First of all, he got us a first-round draft pick who was already in the pros, Lars Eller, for a half-time goaltender, in a market where goalies do not fetch much if not other goalies.

He is also the one who moved up to draft Tinordi, and also picked Ellis, Beaulieu, Dietz, Gallagher. He traded for Bournival. He is the one who got some extra picks while moving Gill and A. Kostitsyn and Cammalleri.

After years and years of failure, it was Gauthier who succeeded in convincing Alexei Emelin to come over, and who signed free agents Diaz and Budaj.

So while I blame Gauthier for several BAD moves, he also had a part in forging the nucleus of this club.

Last edited by BaseballCoach: 04-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old
03-31-2013, 06:37 PM
sampollock

my wish list

1. clowe type forward, tough and at least 6 feet
2. tough d man, at least 6 feet
3. toughness all around, would make this club balanced, ready for the grind of playoffs

Old
03-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Habs

I wouldn't do too much this shortened season. Go shopping in the off-season, see what the kids and vets can do this season.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:43 PM
Dekar

Clowe or Jagr, whichever's cheaper. That'll do me just fine.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:44 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Go get Clowe or Boyle and Regehr and I will be one happy camper. Plus our roster will be ready to roll in the playoffs.

Realistically I think we would have to give Leblanc plus a second for Clowe
&
A third + B Prospect for Regehr.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:48 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

I'm still hoping for tough as nails forwards that aren't necessarily goons. Crombeen would fit the bill. No thanks to Clowe, Boyle, J-Bow and the likes. The price would just be too crippling. This org needs to build for the long run not for a short moment in the spot light. We don't have stars like Crosby & Malkin so build slowly and surely.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:51 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Do we still have rights on Engqvist? And if so, does his season in the KHL make him a valuable trade asset? Or does his failure to put up solid numbers in the AHL and NHL make him almost an irrelevant asset?

Old
03-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
No.

If the habs get a d it needs to be a tough, stay at home one with some fighting ability.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Do we still have rights on Engqvist? And if so, does his season in the KHL make him a valuable trade asset? Or does his failure to put up solid numbers in the AHL and NHL make him almost an irrelevant asset?
Habs still own his rights - I can't see how he would have any trade value though.

Old
03-31-2013, 06:59 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

pac desh gal
ryder plek gio
galch eller bourque
moen halpern prust
white armstrong

markov emelin
subban gorges
diaz bouillon

price
budaj

there isn't even a spot open. The only thing I do is upgrade Bouillon's spot and push him to 7th D.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:01 PM
Habsfannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
pac desh gal
ryder plek gio
galch eller bourque
moen halpern prust
white armstrong

markov emelin
subban gorges
diaz bouillon

price
budaj

there isn't even a spot open. The only thing I do is upgrade Bouillon's spot and push him to 7th D.
We have no idea if bourque or Diaz will be back anytime soon

Old
03-31-2013, 07:01 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I can't say how much credit or blame Gauthier should get for Gainey's moves while GM, whether good ones like the Gorges trade, or bad ones like the Gomez trade.

But I do know this: Gauthier himself did not make only bad moves.

First of all, he got us a first-round draft pick who was already in the pros, Lars Eller, for a half-time goaltender, in a market where goalies do not fetch much if not other goalies.

He is also the one who moved up to draft Tinordi, and also picked Ellis, Beaulieu, Dietz, Gallagher and Hudon. He traded for Bournival. He is the one who got some extra picks while moving Gill and A. Kostitsyn and Cammalleri.

After years and years of failure, it was Gauthier who succeeded in convincing Alexei Emelin to come over, and who signed free agents Diaz and Budaj.

So while I blame Gauthier for several BAD moves, he also had a part in forging the nucleus of this club.
Good summary.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:07 PM
MtotheO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No.

If the habs get a d it needs to be a tough, stay at home one with some fighting ability.
I'd go for Fistric or Erskine.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtotheO View Post
I'd go for Fistric or Erskine.
Good choices Erskine i'd like

Old
03-31-2013, 07:21 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Eller, Beaulieu and 1st for Vanek

Vanek-Plekanec-Ryder
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Prust-Halpern-Moen

Just dreaming!

Old
03-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Rangers, Habs and Bruins are in for Clowe, I don't see him waiving his NTC for NY, rumor has it that he was a habs fan in his youth, it seems we have good odds of seeing clowe in a habs jersey.

Old
03-31-2013, 07:24 PM
AntonCH

Jagr - depending on assets required
hartnell if no jagr
and a crease clearing Dman with a mean streak a mile wide

Old
03-31-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post