HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-31-2013, 05:58 PM
  #1
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,108
vCash: 500
Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Continue here.

Remember, credible sources only.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:05 PM
  #2
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!
 
Ceux de Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,003
vCash: 500
Bring back Robidas. Can play on the power play and he's a good hitter too.

Ceux de Montreal is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:09 PM
  #3
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,073
vCash: 597
I love how Tradecentre has remained part of every title. TSN must love it.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:11 PM
  #4
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I love how Tradecentre has remained part of every title. TSN must love it.
I love how nothing they say we've ever discussed about cause they hate us... It's all about the leafs lol

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:15 PM
  #5
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You refuse to put any blame on the head pro scout after we made one of our worst trades involving pro players in recent memory? Welp, ok.
We really don't know who was the mastermind of that trade, all the more reason that the number one culprit was Gainey. Gauthier had plenty of power back then and could certainly be considered part of the problem since he's responsible somewhere between coming up with the idea of that trade and not objecting to it enough, but ultimate it was Gainey's trade.

Gauthier should have probably never been GM as he was a bad leader and was too close to Gainey to really bring us new ideas, but I find it ridiculous that he's portrayed on this board as a cartoon supervilian responsible for everything from Fischer over Giroux to the lack of size on the team to Gomez. All we know is when Gauthier had the last say, he made some bad moves himself but nothing nearly as destructive as the Gomez trade that we would still be suffering from if the new CBA didn't bail us out.

As a player and a human being I have nothing but respect and support for Gainey, even as an executive he was successful until after 2006, at which point he got increasingly erratic and by his last year seemed to have lost all judgement. It's horrible what he has dealt with and it's possible that Gauthier was the one pulling the strings after that, it's also possible Gauthier was just one voice of many and responsibility lies with the entire front office, especially the boss.

I'm not trying to make Gauthier into a good GM, because he wasn't, but based on what we know and the situation he inherited, he seemed more mediocre than terrible, a continuation of the status quo. But it's ridiculous how he's scapegoated for everything.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:26 PM
  #6
mariolemieux66
Registered User
 
mariolemieux66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
I am not saying I think the Habs should absolutely try to get him but , Jaromir Jagr looks good. Great passing, hockey sense, vision, shot and strong play along the boards.

mariolemieux66 is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:28 PM
  #7
vokiel
Registered Settler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Bring back Robidas. Can play on the power play and he's a good hitter too.
There is no need for him. Plus Therrien trying out almost all our near ready D prospects smells like the team won't be trading for a Dman.

vokiel is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:36 PM
  #8
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
We really don't know who was the mastermind of that trade, all the more reason that the number one culprit was Gainey. Gauthier had plenty of power back then and could certainly be considered part of the problem since he's responsible somewhere between coming up with the idea of that trade and not objecting to it enough, but ultimate it was Gainey's trade.

Gauthier should have probably never been GM as he was a bad leader and was too close to Gainey to really bring us new ideas, but I find it ridiculous that he's portrayed on this board as a cartoon supervilian responsible for everything from Fischer over Giroux to the lack of size on the team to Gomez. All we know is when Gauthier had the last say, he made some bad moves himself but nothing nearly as destructive as the Gomez trade that we would still be suffering from if the new CBA didn't bail us out.

As a player and a human being I have nothing but respect and support for Gainey, even as an executive he was successful until after 2006, at which point he got increasingly erratic and by his last year seemed to have lost all judgement. It's horrible what he has dealt with and it's possible that Gauthier was the one pulling the strings after that, it's also possible Gauthier was just one voice of many and responsibility lies with the entire front office, especially the boss.

I'm not trying to make Gauthier into a good GM, because he wasn't, but based on what we know and the situation he inherited, he seemed more mediocre than terrible, a continuation of the status quo. But it's ridiculous how he's scapegoated for everything.
I can't say how much credit or blame Gauthier should get for Gainey's moves while GM, whether good ones like the Gorges trade, or bad ones like the Gomez trade.

But I do know this: Gauthier himself did not make only bad moves.

First of all, he got us a first-round draft pick who was already in the pros, Lars Eller, for a half-time goaltender, in a market where goalies do not fetch much if not other goalies.

He is also the one who moved up to draft Tinordi, and also picked Ellis, Beaulieu, Dietz, Gallagher. He traded for Bournival. He is the one who got some extra picks while moving Gill and A. Kostitsyn and Cammalleri.

After years and years of failure, it was Gauthier who succeeded in convincing Alexei Emelin to come over, and who signed free agents Diaz and Budaj.

So while I blame Gauthier for several BAD moves, he also had a part in forging the nucleus of this club.


Last edited by BaseballCoach: 04-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.
BaseballCoach is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:37 PM
  #9
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 6,984
vCash: 500
my wish list

1. clowe type forward, tough and at least 6 feet
2. tough d man, at least 6 feet
3. toughness all around, would make this club balanced, ready for the grind of playoffs

sampollock is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:40 PM
  #10
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
I wouldn't do too much this shortened season. Go shopping in the off-season, see what the kids and vets can do this season.

Habs is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:43 PM
  #11
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Clowe or Jagr, whichever's cheaper. That'll do me just fine.

Dekar is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:44 PM
  #12
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,615
vCash: 500
Go get Clowe or Boyle and Regehr and I will be one happy camper. Plus our roster will be ready to roll in the playoffs.

Realistically I think we would have to give Leblanc plus a second for Clowe
&
A third + B Prospect for Regehr.

Richiebottles is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:48 PM
  #13
vokiel
Registered Settler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,375
vCash: 500
I'm still hoping for tough as nails forwards that aren't necessarily goons. Crombeen would fit the bill. No thanks to Clowe, Boyle, J-Bow and the likes. The price would just be too crippling. This org needs to build for the long run not for a short moment in the spot light. We don't have stars like Crosby & Malkin so build slowly and surely.

vokiel is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:51 PM
  #14
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,273
vCash: 500
Do we still have rights on Engqvist? And if so, does his season in the KHL make him a valuable trade asset? Or does his failure to put up solid numbers in the AHL and NHL make him almost an irrelevant asset?

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:52 PM
  #15
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Bring back Robidas. Can play on the power play and he's a good hitter too.
No.

If the habs get a d it needs to be a tough, stay at home one with some fighting ability.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:54 PM
  #16
Mue
Registered User
 
Mue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Do we still have rights on Engqvist? And if so, does his season in the KHL make him a valuable trade asset? Or does his failure to put up solid numbers in the AHL and NHL make him almost an irrelevant asset?
Habs still own his rights - I can't see how he would have any trade value though.

Mue is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 06:59 PM
  #17
cjbhab
Go Habs Go
 
cjbhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
pac desh gal
ryder plek gio
galch eller bourque
moen halpern prust
white armstrong

markov emelin
subban gorges
diaz bouillon

price
budaj

there isn't even a spot open. The only thing I do is upgrade Bouillon's spot and push him to 7th D.

cjbhab is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:01 PM
  #18
Habsfannick
Registered User
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
pac desh gal
ryder plek gio
galch eller bourque
moen halpern prust
white armstrong

markov emelin
subban gorges
diaz bouillon

price
budaj

there isn't even a spot open. The only thing I do is upgrade Bouillon's spot and push him to 7th D.
We have no idea if bourque or Diaz will be back anytime soon

Habsfannick is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:01 PM
  #19
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I can't say how much credit or blame Gauthier should get for Gainey's moves while GM, whether good ones like the Gorges trade, or bad ones like the Gomez trade.

But I do know this: Gauthier himself did not make only bad moves.

First of all, he got us a first-round draft pick who was already in the pros, Lars Eller, for a half-time goaltender, in a market where goalies do not fetch much if not other goalies.

He is also the one who moved up to draft Tinordi, and also picked Ellis, Beaulieu, Dietz, Gallagher and Hudon. He traded for Bournival. He is the one who got some extra picks while moving Gill and A. Kostitsyn and Cammalleri.

After years and years of failure, it was Gauthier who succeeded in convincing Alexei Emelin to come over, and who signed free agents Diaz and Budaj.

So while I blame Gauthier for several BAD moves, he also had a part in forging the nucleus of this club.
Good summary.

HCH is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:07 PM
  #20
MtotheO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No.

If the habs get a d it needs to be a tough, stay at home one with some fighting ability.
I'd go for Fistric or Erskine.

MtotheO is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
  #21
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,607
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtotheO View Post
I'd go for Fistric or Erskine.
Good choices Erskine i'd like

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:21 PM
  #22
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,727
vCash: 500
Eller, Beaulieu and 1st for Vanek

Vanek-Plekanec-Ryder
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Prust-Halpern-Moen

Just dreaming!

ChuckyToGally is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:23 PM
  #23
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,188
vCash: 50
Rangers, Habs and Bruins are in for Clowe, I don't see him waiving his NTC for NY, rumor has it that he was a habs fan in his youth, it seems we have good odds of seeing clowe in a habs jersey.

Alexdaman is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:24 PM
  #24
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,682
vCash: 500
Jagr - depending on assets required
hartnell if no jagr
and a crease clearing Dman with a mean streak a mile wide

AntonCH is offline  
Old
03-31-2013, 07:31 PM
  #25
1993
Registered User
 
1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
Eller, Beaulieu and 1st for Vanek

Vanek-Plekanec-Ryder
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Gionta
Prust-Halpern-Moen

Just dreaming!
No Vanek...too soff

1993 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.