HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 04:09 PM
TennisMenace

vCash: 500
I was so furious when we drafted little Louie. Of course I didn't want to be politically incorrect so I kept quiet. But now............(exploding with anger).

Old
01-27-2013, 04:12 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Last season he played 42 games with the big club and he looked good (I like him on Ellerís wing) in most of them. This season in the AHL, before the aforementioned injury, he had 2 goals in 3 games played. Things were looking great: he looked good last season in the NHL, a good start in the AHL and I was happy to read that he came into camp with an added 10 pounds of muscle.

Then all hell broke loose.

During the lockout, I tried to watch some Bulldogs games but, maybe I was unlucky, each times the show was crap and I stopped watching after 1 period! However I read that high ankle sprain (remember Lapierre before Gauthier shipped him out of town; how slower he looked?) can take months to fully heal.

So the injury played a role but, and here I am guessing, based on his interviews, it seems that it also had an effect on his morale. Leblanc is currently fighting an uphill battle but this a good time to see if the guy has character. Frankly, for an outsider like me, he seems to have a tendency towards melancholy and despair. Btw... melancholy and despair probably are a bad choice of words (too strong): in French we say ďbaisser les brasĒ.

Time has come for him to show his character.

Pas lítemps díniaiser!

PS Itís good to read he has been doing better lately. I also hope Lefebvre intends, if Leblanc works hard, to give him more than 3rd AHL line duties.
Just wanted to say - great post, great read. Thanks.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Show me one article from his draft year that has that as his projection.

The revisionist history here is ridiculous. LL was projected to be a late first round pick by the majority of people and that's where he was picked. These french conspiracies are ridiculous.
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11908

In fact, most of the picks he got right and Louie was at 19. Next time Google it, that was the first link.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:01 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Leblanc is actually producing as we expected. He was drafted to be a low-scoring 3rd centre with the ability to play wing, and that is what he is. Why we would draft a low-scoring 3rd centre in the first round is a good question. I don't have the answer.
He wasn't drafted to become a third liner. You're just being silly. He had nothing to do in the NHL last year, but because the NHL depth with the Dogs was awful, they had to call him up. He still needs to bulk up and gain explosiveness in his first few strides. But he has very good hockey sense. That's what made him play in the NHL last season and not look out of place, even though he was slower and weaker physically than most NHLers. He doesn't have the creativity offensively to ever be someone who drives a line, but he could become a good complimentary 2nd liner. At the very worst, he will be a very useful 3rd liner. He has always been amongst the best scorers on his teams, besides this season where he happened to have a tough injury.

Chill the F out seriously.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:13 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11908

In fact, most of the picks he got right and Louie was at 19. Next time Google it, that was the first link.
Yea I know, I was telling him to show me a link where scouts say he's going to be a 3rd liner.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Macbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If you are looking for 3rd line talent at 18th overall you should be fired. Don't try and excuse a bad draft pick with that nonsense. It was a bad choice made because he is french to appease a certain contingent of bandwagon fans, no more no less.
Are you guys still doing this ?

OÔ.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:02 AM
Top Corner2

Leblanc had 7 shots last game...

Old
01-28-2013, 10:23 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Leblanc is actually producing as we expected.
Clearly he's not producing as he should be, 1 point over an 18 game span is just brutal. Granted between the injury and putting him on the 3rd line at times with little to no PP doesn't help matters either. He is starting to look better now, and he's playing the most skilled player on the team plus getting PP time so hopefully he gets back on track as he was very good for the Dogs as a 20 year old rookie last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
he was a bad pick in hindsight. But it wasn't an especially great draft either to be fair. We might get 0 NHLers out of it.
How do you conclude he was a bad pick already when he has just 1 full season as a pro and has been a standout player on every team he's been outside of the NHL up until this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Leblanc had 7 shots last game...
I thought the Bournival Tenute Leblanc line had a good showing, glad to see Leblanc play with Tenute since he's got a lot of skill.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Maxpac

Ian Schultz must be kicking himself so bad these days for his brutal off-season preparation. Schultz is actually a talented enough fighter to take on MOST heavyweights in the league and could of done an awesome job on a line with Moen and White. Hopefully he bounces back hard next season.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:59 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Ian Schultz must be kicking himself so bad these days for his brutal off-season preparation. Schultz is actually a talented enough fighter to take on MOST heavyweights in the league and could of done an awesome job on a line with Moen and White. Hopefully he bounces back hard next season.
not sure about it. Is more a middle

Old
01-28-2013, 07:15 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
He wouldn't keep up with those two hockey wise though, which is mostly why he probably will never make the NHL.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Guilliam

Some of you guys never learn.

Plekanec was never going to be anything more than a third liner according to most when he was in the AHL.

Pacioretty was suddenly a third liner at best when he was struggling in the A, and that even after he showed some promises during his time in the NHL.

And now Leblanc, will never be more than a low scoring third liner, not even a NHLer according to some. All that despite the fact that he looked good in the big league last year and has produced in every league he has played before.

It's as if as soon as a player struggles you all forget what they've done before and suddenly the worst stretch they've had in their career become's their ceiling.

Leblanc had an injury and is having a bad year. **** happens.

If there's one thing we should have learned from the Plekanec and Pacioretty experiences, it's that we shouldn't be so quick to write off a prospect that is intelligent and works hard.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:13 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post

Plekanec was never going to be anything more than a third liner according to most when he was in the AHL.

Pacioretty was suddenly a third liner at best when he was struggling in the A, and that even after he showed some promises during his time in the NHL.

And now Leblanc, will never be more than a low scoring third liner, not even a NHLer according to some. All that despite the fact that he looked good in the big league last year and has produced in every league he has played before.

It's as if as soon as a player struggles you all forget what they've done before and suddenly the worst stretch they've had in their career become's their ceiling.

If there's one thing we should have learned from the Plekanec and Pacioretty experiences, it's that we shouldn't be so quick to write off a prospect that is intelligent and works hard.
of course the boardwalk empire gravatar wins. Don't forget Price too. Patches is a perfect example and you'd think recent enough that some people should know now that patience is virtue.

LL does have to get faster and bigger though. His skill set isn't high end enough to get by on his current level of physical athleticism. His IQ and compete level is what can turn him into a top 6er. I think he'd be a great 3rd liner anyways especially if we have 3 scoring lines, an idea which I really like.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:26 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
I was worried when you were saying he could take on most heavyweights in the league thinking you were talking AHL. Ian Schultz in the NHL scares me very much.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:17 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I was worried when you were saying he could take on most heavyweights in the league thinking you were talking AHL. Ian Schultz in the NHL scares me very much.
AHL heavy are as much tough and good and they fight more too

Old
01-29-2013, 12:28 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post

In his first year with Bulldogs, Plekanec got 46 pts in 76 games, Pax got 29 pts in 37 games. Those stats are much better than this year Leblanc's stats.

In Jr, Leblanc got 58 pts in 51 games which is not great at all, if you compared against good players in Jr. The year before, he had 23 pts in 31 with Harvard university.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
In his first year with Bulldogs, Plekanec got 46 pts in 76 games, Pax got 29 pts in 37 games. Those stats are much better than this year Leblanc's stats.

In Jr, Leblanc got 58 pts in 51 games which is not great at all, if you compared against good players in Jr. The year before, he had 23 pts in 31 with Harvard university.
Why do you use this years AHL stats, but don't mention last years?
Could it be that last years don't support your view so much?

Old
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post

Why would you compare the first year for Pleks and Pac to LL's 2nd year instead of LL's first year?

Leblanc as a Freshman led his team in scoring with Havard, so it helps to understand the stats. He was their best player easily, something you rarely see for Freshman.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:37 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

are we still last in the league. losing gally isn;t gonna halp them any.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Top Corner2

Louis Leblanc article from rds:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355648.html

Old
02-01-2013, 06:47 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Pateryn is back in the lineup.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:48 PM
HCH

Quote:
Interesting parallel. It would be interesting to see where the Habs have him on their overall depth chart. Leblanc's injury notwithstanding, the fact that Gallagher is with the Habs while Leblanc is still in Hamilton tells us something. And at this point we have a lot of small right wingers in the system when you count Kristo and Collberg. Both the Habs and Leblanc are in a tough spot.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:30 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
I never realized what a whiner Eric Chouinard was.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Dogs lost, but at least had some fight in them it seems.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Interesting parallel. It would be interesting to see where the Habs have him on their overall depth chart. Leblanc's injury notwithstanding, the fact that Gallagher is with the Habs while Leblanc is still in Hamilton tells us something. And at this point we have a lot of small right wingers in the system when you count Kristo and Collberg. Both the Habs and Leblanc are in a tough spot.
The thing that concerns me most about Leblanc is the injuries. He is a smart player with good skills and excellent hockey sense. We all want to decide on him now...because we are fans. But the organization just wants to see results and he will need to prove him worth like any other player.

As Timmins always says to the guys once they are drafted: it doesn't matter where you got picked anymore. Leblanc just has to play his way back up to the top.

Closed Thread