HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Guilliam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Well it would makes sense since Tenute had 14 points in his last 13 games.

Looking at all games in March:
  • HAM Tenute, (3) (Holland, Tinordi)
  • HAM Tenute, (4) (Holland)
  • HAM Tenute, (5) (Holland, Bournival)
  • HAM Holland, (6) (Bournival, Tenute)
  • HAM Holland, (7) (Tenute, St-Denis)
  • HAM Holland, (8) (Beaulieu, Bournival)
  • HAM Pateryn, (6) (Holland, Beaulieu)
  • HAM Tenute, (8) (Holland, Belzile)
  • HAM Belzile, (2) (Tenute, Holland)
I think the Tenute - Holland duo looks like a very good explanation.

So what do we learn from this?
I think we learn that Tenute is worth keeping around because having a good vet in the A helps our prospects grow.

Edit : Thanks for doing the research to validate my theory by the way

Last edited by Guilliam: 03-30-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old
03-30-2013, 03:48 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Might as well add Walters. This way we would have four out of five best WCHA scoring forwards...

The other one (Haula) is already with Min.
This is a great idea and Laganiere make it a clean sweep,then the Bulldogs will have a team that can compete with the rest of the AHL.Add Eric Hartzell Goalie for Quinnipiac to join Tokarski and the Bulldogs will be ready to take on all comers in the AHL in 2013-2014 when the rest of the Habs defencemen prospects join Tinordi and Company.

Last edited by S Bah: 03-31-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old
03-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:

So what do we learn from this?
Tenute steals ice time from great prospects like Avtsin, Lefevbre and Berger

Seriously, it was pretty obvious that there was a need (and room) for a vetaran top 6 forward. I don't understand why it took them that long to fill that hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
It's been said before but Tenute really needs to get signed. Wouldn't mind a 2-way even.
I could see the Bulldogs being Calder Cup contenders next year. If they keep Tenute and St.Denis and add someone like Francis Paré.

Old
03-30-2013, 04:54 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Archambault to join the 'Dogs. I'm expecting an ATO, to see if he deserves the ELC. He'll add some much needed punch offensively.

Luc Gelinas ‏@LucGelinasRDS 6 min

Les Voltigeurs de Drummondville éliminés, Olivier Archambault @oarchy09 va se rapporter aux Bulldogs de Hamilton. #FiniLeJunior #AHL #CH

Old
03-30-2013, 05:39 PM
CoconutHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Archambault to join the 'Dogs. I'm expecting an ATO, to see if he deserves the ELC. He'll add some much needed punch offensively.

Luc Gelinas ‏@LucGelinasRDS 6 min

Les Voltigeurs de Drummondville éliminés, Olivier Archambault @oarchy09 va se rapporter aux Bulldogs de Hamilton. #FiniLeJunior #AHL #CH
I think Archambault is really overated on this board. Yes he has great skills and he is impressive to watch, but he is not effective at all on the ice. He really has to mature up as a player, still very raw. He was not even dominating the Q this year; I doubt he will have any offensive impact at a higher level.

All things aside, I wish him the best. This is a great opportunity for him to showcase his talent and hopefully get an ELC out of this. We can always welcome more French Canadian within the organization.

Old
03-30-2013, 06:23 PM
That

Vail scored his first ever professional goal!

Last edited by That: 03-30-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: added video
Old
03-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Another 3rd period collapse. 2-0 lead disappears just like that and they lose 4-2.

Lefebvre hockey at its finest. They may have the same system as up here as they keep telling us, but the execution of it seems to be really lacking. And the guy behind the bench seems unable to make adjustments or stop the bleeding.

At least Leblanc had 2 assists tonight and 3 overall this weekend.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:00 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Another 3rd period collapse. 2-0 lead disappears just like that and they lose 4-2.

Lefebvre hockey at its finest. They may have the same system as up here as they keep telling us, but the execution of it seems to be really lacking. And the guy behind the bench seems unable to make adjustments or stop the bleeding.

I wonder what the chances of Guy Boucher coming back to the Habs and coaching the Bulldogs are?Another thing that is strange to see is the treatment Louis Leblanc received in Hamilton,making a whipping boy out of him,just staggers the mind as far as I'm concerned.I hope his ankle heals properly and maybe he gets to play with Kristo and Archambault,having two players with similar skill levels to play with in the AHL,we can see some really good play from all three.

Old
03-31-2013, 08:05 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

The new line of Quailer - Vail - Leblanc last night was really good. Got it done in all three zones. One of Leblanc's best games in quite some time.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHJMQFan1 View Post
I think Archambault is really overated on this board. Yes he has great skills and he is impressive to watch, but he is not effective at all on the ice. He really has to mature up as a player, still very raw. He was not even dominating the Q this year; I doubt he will have any offensive impact at a higher level.

All things aside, I wish him the best. This is a great opportunity for him to showcase his talent and hopefully get an ELC out of this. We can always welcome more French Canadian within the organization.
An ATO is a good way to see him against higher competition. Gives them the chance to decide if he is worth signing or not.

LeBlanc with 3 A last 2 games, hope he can finish strong and get back on track. He can be so much better than he has this season.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I wonder what the chances of Guy Boucher coming back to the Habs and coaching the Bulldogs are?Another thing that is strange to see is the treatment Louis Leblanc received in Hamilton,making a whipping boy out of him,just staggers the mind as far as I'm concerned.I hope his ankle heals properly and maybe he gets to play with Kristo and Archambault,having two players with similar skill levels to play with in the AHL,we can see some really good play from all three.
I think Boucher either A-waits for an NHL job next summer or B-takes an assistant NHL coaching job waiting for his next HC job. I could see the Habs adding him to the staff.

Old
03-31-2013, 10:29 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

If Kristo were to sign a ELC, would it be an understatement to say that sending him to the AHL would be a waste? Or would it actually be a good idea to send him to the AHL for a couple of games before calling him back up for the long run with the Habs? I heard that theres a new rule saying that there isn't a limit on the amount of players you can call up past a certain date with the new CBA

Old
03-31-2013, 11:30 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
If Kristo were to sign a ELC, would it be an understatement to say that sending him to the AHL would be a waste? Or would it actually be a good idea to send him to the AHL for a couple of games before calling him back up for the long run with the Habs? I heard that theres a new rule saying that there isn't a limit on the amount of players you can call up past a certain date with the new CBA
That may well be what happens after the training camp in Sept.and Leblanc also if his ankle heals properly.It's good to hear Vail has chemistry with Quailer and Leblanc as well, I hope to see lots of competition at the start of next season.

Last edited by S Bah: 03-31-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old
03-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Kristo's ELC will be 2 years so I think he'd want to sign and play for the Habs this season to burn one of the years. The Habs on the other hand probably want to save one of the ELC years and give him a AHL try out contract.

Old
03-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
In this scenario, his ELC would start this year, so the ''waste'' would be to not play him in the NHL this season since year #1 would be used up.

Pretty certain we could call him up and send him down as many times as we want if we signed him to an ELC starting this season.

And yes, the new CBA eliminated the 4 recall limit after the deadline.

Bulldogs just released 2 of their players on tryouts, C Dean Ouellet and D Matt Grassi.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:24 PM
CoconutHockey

Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL 55m
@BULLDOGSAHL RELEASE DEAN OUELLET FROM P.T.O., MATT GRASSI FROM A.T.O.

Nothing surprising here ... Ouellet was not given much of a chance playing with Stortini and Hagel, while Grassi was directly responsible for two goals last night.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

How has Alex Belzile played? Would be cool if he can be another hidden gem UFA signing like DD.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:29 PM
CoconutHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
How has Alex Belzile played? Would be cool if he can be another hidden gem UFA signing like DD.
He's been really good so far. Did not seem out of place at all, complementing Tenute and Holland on the top line. I would assume the Habs would at least give him an AHL deal at the end of this season.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:38 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
i remember hyping Belzile as a dark horse pick in 2010 haha good to hear he's doing well in Hamilton. great story

Old
03-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I actually don't believe in Holland whatsoever. Not as far as becoming a NHL'er. So if we keep him so he'd help our AHL team and be a backup callup...okay. But I wouldn't count on him to help us down the road and if he ends up becoming a better value in a trade...he's gone as far as I'm concerned.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:23 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I actually don't believe in Holland whatsoever. Not as far as becoming a NHL'er. So if we keep him so he'd help our AHL team and be a backup callup...okay. But I wouldn't count on him to help us down the road and if he ends up becoming a better value in a trade...he's gone as far as I'm concerned.
I thought you liked him?

Old
03-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHJMQFan1 View Post
Hamilton Bulldogs ‏@BulldogsAHL 55m
@BULLDOGSAHL RELEASE DEAN OUELLET FROM P.T.O., MATT GRASSI FROM A.T.O.

Nothing surprising here ... Ouellet was not given much of a chance playing with Stortini and Hagel, while Grassi was directly responsible for two goals last night.
Opens a spot for Kristo.

However I don't know where they'll play Archambault. It seems like Sylvain Lefevbre will never sit Hagel or Stortini. Also I don't see Archambault playing over Leblanc, Dumont, Vail, Quailer, Belzile, Tenute, Bournival, Holland, Nokelainen and Kristo.

Old
03-31-2013, 05:32 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Best piece of the Cammy trade #2012habsboards

Old
03-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Best piece of the Cammy trade #2012habsboards
Did anyone actually say that or are you just strawmaning it up to be self righteous?

I'm one of this board's Holland fans and I wouldn't bet on him being good enough for the NHL. Yet he's probably the only forward in Hamilton besides Bournival and Dumont who didn't underachieve this year.

Quote:
Would you trade him for Mark Mitera?

Old
03-31-2013, 06:05 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post

However I don't know where they'll play Archambault. It seems like Sylvain Lefevbre will never sit Hagel or Stortini.
With Hudon likely joining the mix now, I will lose my **** if those 2 useless goons are still playing. They better scratch 1. And Nokelainen can sit too, if he's not happy loan him to another AHL team or just call him up to the big club to sit out.

Bournival - Tenute - Kristo
Hudon - Dumont - Leblanc
Archambault - Holland - Belzile
Quailer - Vail - useless goon or Noke

Closed Thread